First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-05 14:29:44  
Utau said:
Tipiro said:
The loophole/exploitation is the Level Sync system. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the devs change this somehow.

There is no exploit on Level sync systems, this thing is following ALL GAME MECHANICS, Level Sync: you need to get a syncer who is not always avaliable, Astral flow: is AoE and You can only do this every 2hrs, unless a COR resets it and that follows the game mechanics also, Link all mobs: w/o words but you know what i mean.

So where is the exploit on this? you need to work on them anyways is not free XP, you take like 1 hour between pull etc, so you need a High Level, at elast 3 SMNs a sync and 2 leechers if you want,

The "exploit" is because they feel that the burner didn't earn their 75, and that it didn't earn their high achievment rating on this site/Maat's Cap in game.

The defence for the burner is: Why should I level my job that I will never touch again the regular way?

Counterarguement for that statement is: You lost experience in that type of job for doing that.

Its all one big issue depending on where you stand on this. I'm a "don't give a ***, but here is why I won't do it" type of person.
 Garuda.Reublucian
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Reublucian 2009-06-05 14:30:38  
Korpg said:
wait, how do you know how tall I am?

I don't remember mentioning how tall I am to people, but I could be mistaken.

Besides, I don't feel that I can be a good politician. I have ethics and morals, so I doubt I could get elected into anything higher than Texas State Governor.

See how fast 6 figure propositions will get rid of your ethics and morals, I'd be a damn fine politician I think, and lol@you, you told me a lot about yourself and I usually remember conversations I have with people, you must feel awkward being so tall in a country of so many little people. =P But I'm still jealous of you. =(
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-05 14:37:35  
Yeah, I know peeps that leveled jobs, and then shelved 'em. One guy in my LS has a 75 BRD that he absolutely refuses to touch (not that I blame him, after having to ALWAYS be BRD, despite having 4 other 75's to choose from, for 5 years, I would delete that *** thing, too lol) and another has a WHM, and he just doesn't wanna main heal anymore.

But really, is Maat's Cap that great? If you SMN burned all your jobs to 66+ in like 3 months, just to get the cap, what the hell is the point? E-Peen really ain't that cool, despite what some have heard.

Anywho, on the topic of burning itself...*** it. If peeps wanna do it, and are willing to accept the underleveled skills and such that comes with it (I'll take exping over skilling up ANY DAY, skill ups *** suck), it's their choice. As long as they aren't interfering with normal exp parties...and from what I've seen, most SMN burns go off the beaten path anyways, so no issue there.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-05 14:37:37  
Isn't he back in TX already?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-05 14:38:00  
I'm no longer in Japan though. I flew back last Thursday, and it won't be for a while that I can go back.

Now, instead of sushi bliss, I'm stuck with family -.- Go me! -.-

BTW: I'm trying to be a businessman, hopefully something higher than middle management. I have learned a lot about the Japanese business system and would like to emulate some key ideas into the American business system. Problem is, Americans are too self-centered and egotistical to care for one another, and that is where my major problem about converting the JBS into the ABS style.

I would be able to control culture easier in politics (since Americans are just a bunch of mindless masses) but I wouldn't be able to control or shape the business ideas then. I think my best bet into making my dreams succeed would be thru the business world, and hopefully control culture thru that method.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-05 14:47:50  
Mabrook said:
Korpg said:
control culture

A commercial with half-naked chicks and beer then you're good to go.

They wouldn't pay attention. The men watching that commercial would be staring at the chicks, while the women watching that commercial would be bitching at the men paying attention to the chicks.

It wouldn't work.

You can't force your beliefs on others, it would fail. Look at Christianity as my example. Better example would be Christianity in Japan.

You have to take the current idea and mold it into your own image. Take the industrial revolution and the invention of the assembly line. All I need is something groundbreaking effecient like that and they would start naming the new age as the "Korpg age" (not really, but I think "Korpg age" sounds better than the "Eli age").

I got an idea on what to do, its just getting uncorrupted power to start it that is the problem.
 Siren.Temeraire
サーバ: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-06-05 14:49:14  
Tbest said:

1. You say right there that he wasn't wrong.

2. See above.

3. See above.

4. Yeah, you're missing out... But.. Unless it's your VERY FIRST job to 75, you should have a firm grasp on how any job does things and how to do that same job with decent efficiency. The only exceptions to this would be Summoner and Black Mage of course. We all know they're not invited to xp parties.

5. You're continually saying "DON'T DO IT!" in regards to AB'ing. Yeah, you use the excuse that people need to 'experience' the job to be able to play it, but we all know that most jobs require minimal experience to do the job well and execute their tasks required at an effective level.

6. I've stated my position for AB'ing more than once. Yes, it is a great way to get xp for subs. Yes, it is a great way to get merits.
Do you need to know how to play a job from 1-37 if you're going to use it as a sub? Most jobs are FAR different when used as a sub than when used as the main job. Dark Knight for example as a main job from 1-37 is more or less another big delay DD. Sure, you have a bit of MP, but most of that MP isn't going to be used and you're relegated to mindlessly swinging away with the occasional stun. As a sub at 75 you're pretty much just using it for Souleater zerging or chainspell stunning. How are those even remotely similar? How does playing the job from 1-37 actually affect what you'll be using it for as a sub on a lvl 75 job?
Also, you often state that you prefer to merit on Mamools (or elsewhere as long as it's a traditional xp pt) and don't like AB'ing for quick merits.
How does doing the same thing over and over in a merit party differ from doing the same thing over and over AB'ing? You need 1+ members outside the party to pull mobs and the Summoners in the party use their AF to get xp from many mobs at once instead of killing many mobs individually?

7. Yes, there are shades of gray to everything. But you 'have' said that Minidragon wasn't wrong or immoral in his actions.

8. See above.

9. See above.

10. Yes, you CAN AB because SE says it's ok and clearly within the mechanics of the game. So, why are you still here telling people they shouldn't do it? Oh, right.. Experience that you can't in any way get from any other source.

11. Yes, duping is against the rules. No, AB'ing is not. No one said any differently. There is no legal/illegal here... lol SE doesn't make laws, they make rules. :P Yeah, my views on whether something is in accordance with the rules ARE influenced by the person/people making the rules. I never questioned the 'morality' of the subject, that was you.

The reason why I state that you need to actually experience most things irl to do them properly is because often times real life situations are subjective and change depending on the person. Unless you're in a relatively controlled environment, similar actions could produce different results with many ever-changing variables. Doing the same fight 100x in FFXI will often produce VERY similar results. Because of this, you can read someone else's experiences as well as background information to know what you're doing and what to expect.

How do I know if someone is doing something right? If someone does something and it produces the desired results, they did it right. Let's throw in a real-life analogy for you, since you're so fond of them. If you attempt to bake a cake and it comes out charred and tastes like dirt, you obviously did something wrong. If, however, you bake a cake and it comes out of the oven looking appealing and tastes good, you did something right.

No, you don't have to do something to KNOW HOW to do it. But, by doing something you PROVE that you CAN to do it.

Korpg, some people 'enjoy' going out and lazily killing mobs in a skill-up party with friends. I for one, abhor experience points parties though. Also... As for the Summoner part, you don't really need that great of skill to kill Maat. He's so ridiculously weak for Summoners...

1. I keep reading that sentence over and over. Hell, I even wrote it. I have yet to see where Minidragon's name is mentioned in it. What's more, you even stripped the lines before and after it in this version of the oft-repeated quote of mine, which tend to point even further away from your implications about Minidragon because they clearly insinuate my belief that the rules were broken. What's the relevance to any of this to SMN burn?

2. You are ignoring the point I made.

3. You are ignoring the point I made.

4. Knowing how and why a given job does something is not the same as doing it as well as you possibly can. Many SMN burners don't even seem to know the how and why without asking or researching, which tends to undermine your "I learned it by diffusion" theory.

5. I haven't said "Don't do it!" at all. I believe the closest phrase I can come up with to describe what I have said is "Caveat Emptor". It's a simple fact that I have yet to see someone come out of a SMN burn and perform as well on a given job as someone who has leveled it from scratch, with both players' endgame experience being equal.

6. I have consistently referred to endgame and level 75 SMN burned jobs, but wth I will bite for a bit. You use DRK sub as an example, but what if it came down to deciding between chain-stunning Mini-Suzaku or simply silencing him long enough during his chainspell to keep him from killing anyone? I can tell you from experience that the latter is more efficient and thus makes low-manning Kirin easier. Keeping mini-Suzaku silenced at the right moments is easier when you have the confidence that is borne of experience and long association with a jobs limits and aspirations. I don't even know of very many instances where experienced LSes require RDMs to sub DRK for chainstunning anymore. Mostly it's just to gain more stuns within an alliance without sacrificing slots for it. There are also things an attentive player can learn about souleater from leveling it normally as a sub. You can see for yourself how much hate it pulls, or you can see firsthand how dramatically HP affects it.

7. This thread isn't about Minidragon. Find another dead horse to beat. THe only place I have said what you continue to try to insinuate that I said is in the depths of your fertile imagination.

8. You are ignoring the point I made.

9. You are ignoring the point I made.

10. Telling people there are flaws within a system of XPing is not the same as telling people they shouldn't do it. I'm sorry, but I don't consider SMN burn XP the Golden Bough some people would like to make it out to be. Stop putting words in my mouth and provide examples.

11. I will question the morality of anyone making rules over anything I am ever involved in. That is my birth right. Cue lecture on the Founding Fathers here.

The reason why I state that you need to actually experience most things in game to do them properly is because often times in game situations are subjective and change depending on the person. Unless you're in a relatively controlled environment, similar actions could produce different results with many ever-changing variables.

This is copy-pasted from your original statement, with the same two words changed in two different places. It changes the meaning completely, but you can't say its a wrong statement either.

I use one real life analogy, and suddenly I am very fond of them? In any case, would you rather have an appealing, good cake...or the best looking, best tasting cake you have ever had the privelege to see and taste? The best didn't get to be the best from relying on forums and observing others as their teacher...that's why they are the best. If merely competent is fine with you, then enjoy your XP.
 Ifrit.Drizilu
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Drizilu
By Ifrit.Drizilu 2009-06-05 14:49:54  
Temeraire said:

11. Were it to be the other way around, with duping legal according to SE and SMN burning illegal according to SE, you would be presenting the same arguements in reverse. Duping is only illegal because SE said so. SMN burning is only legal because SE said so. My views on duping and SMN burning do not change merely on the whims of SE, as yours seem to (please correct me if I am wrong there, as I am assuming). There is a word for standing by your beliefs: integrity.

Bringing integrity into a video game is another subject completely aside from integrity irl. Games are games, they do not hurt people. However, rl can hurt people when they let a video game control them, or if they don't get properly certified to drive semi trucks and drive them anyway. In either of these rl circumstances, you can find yourself in a crisis situation very fast because you lacked the integrity to do the right thing.

Integrity in a game or of a game is a completely separate issue. For example before the dawn of FFXI RMT and hax, there were tools such as the game genie, and button codes you could press to change the intregrity of the game. The developers of these games knew about them and said nothing about them being illegal, in fact they allowed it to occur. However, in FFXI, rules have been set such as you shall not be involved in RMT activity, and you should not use third party software. No where in SE's rule book does it say summoner burns are not allowed, and if you are involved in them, your character lacks integrity.

If you can sit there and tell me you've never used a cheat code, or game genie type device to play the games you loved in the past, I would be amazed. Maybe... then maybe you could say you have integrity in video games. However, this does not change the fact that integrity irl, and integrity in or of the game are two completely separate issues. I will summoner burn to get fast exp, but I would never touch a semi truck with a ten foot pole because I don't have the experience to do so.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-05 14:51:48  
Drizilu said:
If you can sit there and tell me you've never used a cheat code, or game genie type device to play the games you loved in the past, I would be amazed.

I have, that's for sure. But then again, I'm not the type and go brag about how I beat the game either...even if I don't cheat.

Bragging about any videogame is *** fail anyways. Seriously. You can be good at something and not shout it for the whole world to see. Aren't personal accomplishments rewarding enough?

People that need others to pat them on the back constantly and say "good job" always make me weep for the species anyways...
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-06-05 14:57:38  
Korpg said:

Temeraire said:

@Korpg:

I don't agree with anything you have said in this thread.

Care to elaborate?

You are using my name to draw similarities between my stated views and your stated views. I did not see those views as being compatible. I chose to use a simple sentence in order to express that I did not feel our views were compatible in the most succinct way possible. It was not my intention to step on any toes.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-05 14:59:48  
Oh, I used cheat codes. I'm not going to lie and say I don't. I usually only use cheat codes, however, after I beat a game (like Pokemon) the normal way and would like to "alter" the way I beat it the second/third/fourth/fifth/etc time.

Since FFXI has no end (in a general sence) then using "cheats" would be unethical because you have not reached a point where you are doing something you have done before, and would like to alter the outcome into a different end. Every day is a new day in FFXI, and using "cheats" in this case is the same as using god mode in Halo while playing online, or using steroids in baseball. Things change and people are affected.

I guess the "fuzzy gray line" between when it is acceptable to cheat and when it isn't is this: If it only affects you, then its ok, but when it affects somebody else, then its not.

As long as you follow this rule, I'm guessing that you would have better morals than most. People "cheat" everyday and that isn't right if it affects others. People speed thru school zones, people lie to their bosses, people take more breaks than others because they feel like they "earned" it, people take money from the cash register because the "man" is putting them down.

This type of behavior should not be acceptable in today's society. The best way to change this is by teaching young children and young adults that this is wrong and why it is wrong. Since most kids today use internet as their social network, what better way to teach them morals than on a public forum? I know that my message won't get across many here, but at least I'm getting my message across.

This is my goal in life. I wish to change the American social network into a much global oriented, more global friendly, less individualistic society.

Wish me luck D:
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-05 15:08:11  
Temeraire said:
Korpg said:

Temeraire said:

@Korpg:

I don't agree with anything you have said in this thread.

Care to elaborate?

You are using my name to draw similarities between my stated views and your stated views. I did not see those views as being compatible. I chose to use a simple sentence in order to express that I did not feel our views were compatible in the most succinct way possible. It was not my intention to step on any toes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read your posts and I agree with most of what you say. I even elaborate it in my posts on the second plus pages. You even said on one of your posts that...

Temeraire said:

There is NO SUBSTITUTE for EXPERIENCE.

Which is what I was saying in the getgo:

Korpg said:
See, people who take the easy way out is going to weaken themselves when it comes to that type of job. Type meaning the basics: Tank, Healer, Buffer/Debuffer, DD. You burn a job from 13-75 and you lose much more than skillups with that job's major skills, but also experience you can not replace with skillup parties. I'm talking about trying out new things with that job to see what works and what doesn't, seeing how to react during a different situation, and how to be better at what that job type requires. You burn thru that, you lost days/weeks/months of practice to make that job type the best you can make it.

I figured that we agreed on something, but you say that we don't. I'm sorry if I'm mistaken about your viewpoints, its just that either you or I need to word our thoughts a little better. Since I'm an egotistical American, I would say its your fault, but I'm going to accept the idea if its my fault.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-06-05 15:10:43  
Drizilu said:

Bringing integrity into a video game is another subject completely aside from integrity irl. Games are games, they do not hurt people. However, rl can hurt people when they let a video game control them, or if they don't get properly certified to drive semi trucks and drive them anyway. In either of these rl circumstances, you can find yourself in a crisis situation very fast because you lacked the integrity to do the right thing.

Integrity in a game or of a game is a completely separate issue. For example before the dawn of FFXI RMT and hax, there were tools such as the game genie, and button codes you could press to change the intregrity of the game. The developers of these games knew about them and said nothing about them being illegal, in fact they allowed it to occur. However, in FFXI, rules have been set such as you shall not be involved in RMT activity, and you should not use third party software. No where in SE's rule book does it say summoner burns are not allowed, and if you are involved in them, your character lacks integrity.

If you can sit there and tell me you've never used a cheat code, or game genie type device to play the games you loved in the past, I would be amazed. Maybe... then maybe you could say you have integrity in video games. However, this does not change the fact that integrity irl, and integrity in or of the game are two completely separate issues. I will summoner burn to get fast exp, but I would never touch a semi truck with a ten foot pole because I don't have the experience to do so.

You are certainly correct here, and I apologize for the confusion. The not-so-obvious reference to integrity is to my views not changing just because a given society to which I adhere changes their rules. I used the word in a general sense...perhaps it was too general.

My own view is that this game's Game Genie is FFXI-App. To me, SMN burn, duping, and other so-called exploits fall along the lines of "the designers didn't mean for it to be done that way, but it works". All games have their glitches. This is where my oft-quoted reference to "wrong and immoral" is aimed at: I don't feel it was wrong to dupe and I think its quite amoral. WHere that gets taken totally out of context is that it was a statement aimed at fishing for information out of someone who was flaming Minidragon. I suppose I also owe an apology for that one, too: I fail at understanding how the interwebs works.
 Ifrit.Mateuns
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Mateuns
By Ifrit.Mateuns 2009-06-05 15:13:06  
Utau said:

Btw, SMN43 whit 40 summoning magic skill wwww

weaksauce, my 75smn had 38 smn skill when i first dinged
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-05 15:15:16  
Temeraire said:
Drizilu said:

You are certainly correct here, and I apologize for the confusion. The not-so-obvious reference to integrity is to my views not changing just because a given society to which I adhere changes their rules. I used the word in a general sense...perhaps it was too general.

My own view is that this game's Game Genie is FFXI-App. To me, SMN burn, duping, and other so-called exploits fall along the lines of "the designers didn't mean for it to be done that way, but it works". All games have their glitches. This is where my oft-quoted reference to "wrong and immoral" is aimed at: I don't feel it was wrong to dupe and I think its quite amoral. WHere that gets taken totally out of context is that it was a statement aimed at fishing for information out of someone who was flaming Minidragon. I suppose I also owe an apology for that one, too: I fail at understanding how the interwebs works.

Then that is where our confusion was stated.

Mateuns said:
Utau said:

You guys are both weak. I had Summoning Magic skill at 261 when I dinged 75 >.>
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-06-05 15:28:15  
Korpg, after looking back through your posts, our styles may be different, our words may be different, and our style of play within the game may be different, but our underlying opinions are similar...apologies.

My Summoning Magic Skill was 96 when I hit 75. There were no split Blood Pact timers to give you twice the chances to skill up on. That didn't matter anyway as there were no skillups just from using Blood Pacts. I got to 96 purely from summoning in PTs. I believe SE also increased the rate of skillups for doing that, too.

I went from 96 to 269 from using my SMN in endgame...I was at 262 the day the new system made its debut.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-05 15:33:08  
Temeraire said:
Korpg, after looking back through your posts, our styles may be different, our words may be different, and our style of play within the game may be different, but our underlying opinions are similar...apologies.

My Summoning Magic Skill was 96 when I hit 75. There were no split Blood Pact timers to give you twice the chances to skill up on. That didn't matter anyway as there were no skillups just from using Blood Pacts. I got to 96 purely from summoning in PTs. I believe SE also increased the rate of skillups for doing that, too.

I went from 96 to 269 from using my SMN in endgame...I was at 262 the day the new system made its debut.

Its cool.

That was a long time ago if you had to skillup SMN magic the oldschool way.

I tried doing that alot (going to Al Zabhi and spam summon/enter MH) and managed to get it to 212 or so before the new system came up, I think my SMN was at 65ish or so at the time also.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-05 15:43:37  
I was at max the day the new system made its debut because I hit 75 Summoner looooong before that. As a matter of fact, I was at max for lvl 70 on my character before I fought Maat.
Good thing I had that bot to use my macro over and over!
I mean... Good thing I watched a lot of anime and tapped a macro over and over.

I was actually in a 'party' the other day where the Summoner was using Healing Ruby on me while I was pl'ing on my Rdm alt...
I of course asked him wtf he was doing... His reply? "it skills my Smn magic".

And mine of course... I don't care if it does or not. Stop wasting MP. If you need to skill it that badly... Summon/Release/Repeat.
By Fairy.Mystaticromance 2009-06-05 23:17:08  
Holy Christ...its the games "elite" telling everyone how to play the game!! Honestly, let people do what they want. They are paying the money to play the game. No one cares if it makes them a lesser SMN but you. Really, you are just starting to annoy me like Poof and Karla before her. Get off your high horse of geekdom and just play the game.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-05 23:19:03  
Mystaticromance said:
Holy Christ...its the games "elite" telling everyone how to play the game!! Honestly, let people do what they want. They are paying the money to play the game. No one cares if it makes them a lesser SMN but you. Really, you are just starting to annoy me like Poof and Karla before her. Get off your high horse of geekdom and just play the game.

wow, I'm elite?

Must have missed that memo.

Let them do whatever they want to do. If they gimp themselves for it, more power to them for it.
 Fairy.Sukasaroth
By Fairy.Sukasaroth 2009-06-06 00:09:20  
TP Burns and Mana burns are loop holes gaiz
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-06 03:17:36  
good god wall o' text since yesterday.
whoever figured this out is a genius in my opinion. i would gladly partake of the exp it would offer me even as a 75 smn myself. smn is not complicated at level 10 or at level 75. it just gets more fun at 75 when you can be useful sometimes. i'm not talking to the people who absolutely must tp burn/zerg everything in 30secs. majority of linkshells can't do that. the ones that can't is where smn is more useful.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-06-06 03:56:57  
Lets argue about a topic no one cares about, give elaborate examples of situations then lecture each other about whats right and wrong in a video game.

Welcome to FFxi.
 Titan.Shirai
サーバ: Titan
user: Shirai
By Titan.Shirai 2009-06-06 04:44:38  
Mateuns said:
Utau said:

Weak, both of you!
User submitted image

[/elite]
 Pandemonium.Tarusimon
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: tarusimon
By Pandemonium.Tarusimon 2009-06-06 04:48:35  
sync *** the 30's and go to altepa and kill pets. easy xp
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-06-07 23:54:07  
Anyone ever try Palborough Mines for this? I'm thinking of giving it a shot since there are 278 quadavs fresh for linking, or 439 mobs in total in that zone. Lower level than tunnel, but with a larger gap. Think it can work?

I'm new to this though. I'd try it out, but I don't know what level to sync down to for that zone :X
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-08 00:02:51  
Palborough is iffy because even though there are 400 mobs, the levels vary hugely. I doubt a group of level 10's are gonna eat Key drop mobs, but at the same time your not getting anything from the lower tier Quadavs. It might work though if you find a good level and camp by Waughroom though hopefully. GL with it. :)
 Lakshmi.Alaric
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-06-08 15:11:32  
SMN burn YEA!
 Lakshmi.Alaric
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-06-08 15:12:38  
SMN burn Heck yea!