SMN BURNS
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-08 16:37:40  
Sectumsempra said:
Anyone ever try Palborough Mines for this? I'm thinking of giving it a shot since there are 278 quadavs fresh for linking, or 439 mobs in total in that zone. Lower level than tunnel, but with a larger gap. Think it can work?

I'm new to this though. I'd try it out, but I don't know what level to sync down to for that zone :X

Highest level Quadavs are 25. Highest level mobs in the tunnel that you burn off of are 30-32. You would get a higher chain, but not as much exp per kill.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-06-08 17:38:13  
Hmm... the PTs I'm invited from never actually finished off the gigases. Been having a few problems lately with them :X Didn't realize most people actually kill the Gigas. But anyways, that's why I figured that we can go at a lower level. Level 8 SMN burn ftw?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-08 17:43:54  
level sync limit is 10, you can't go below that, if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, I find it very hard to kill 400+ mobs in 1 bunch tbh.
 Lakshmi.Premium
サーバ: Lakshmi
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-06-09 02:15:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Wow, this was a question bout if it still worked and turned into a big debate? Useless +1

In the end, if you don't like SMN burn, then go don't like it in your own little world, SMN burn does nothing to effect you badly, it does nothing to stop you from gaining anything, it does nothing to ruin your game what so ever. So why cry about it? Most people are just jealous because of the rate of which you XP at.

Now why be jealous? I leveled all my jobs up but 3 the pure hard way and hell, I don't give a flying rats *** about SMN burn, I'll give them my corsair 2hr to help them out.

Because in the end. You NEED SMN's for it, SMN's get ***all for decent updates. Wow the radius got widened? You a-holes SE that should of been fixed from the beginning, don't pose it as an update. There isn't enough SMN's around and this brings more into the world, and since no party ever wants one, this is the only thing they have. Yeh they could Solo, but some people cannot do it, some people are not that skilled, others just don't have the hours of the day to go do it and learn it well.

So everyone bashing it, just back off? Has nothing to do with you at all.

Aint a loophole anyway. Level sync is not a loophole of it. You sync in East Ron (S) and happy to whale on the birds with a bunch of DD's and some PL, call that a loophole? You're all happy to do it, exact same thing.

Everyone needs to stop thinking of it as: OMG 40K EXP IN 5 MINUTES?

When its more like: Run everyone out there (10 minutes or more), setup everyone, (5mins), Go pull (15-20 minutes), Hold mobs and ensure everyones there (5mins), do corsair rolls for a 5, and any other stuff rings/signet, (2-3 mins), then go in and 2hr (5 minutes). then go back to town after*** about xp (5 minutes), reget 2hrs back (time changes due to unluckiness you can be in not resetting 2hrs, so this could take well up to 30 minutes, but say for this takes 10 minutes to get it first try and start again).

Adding it up, its almost an hours worth of work, for 40k XP
You can almost get that in a good merit PT using Emp.

Takes a lot of work to do it. Time reduced by how quick you can cut the time on every event.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-06-09 02:38:51  
Summoner Splunking is quite easy if done right. Now there -is- reprocusions to doing this. You will gain around 30k a splunk usually. On the negative side you will have a job with no skill lvs, and no actual "skill" of the job. Unless your a 75 leech or smn who can get MASSIVE ammounts of merits (ive seen someone get 19 in a night!)

It can be fixed and you can skill up after, but I know some Ls's prolly wont take someone Synced 10-75 until they know you know what you're doing. In some ways its great tho! My mule is a 98 cook. I would love the Hocho cooking katana, but ill be damned if ill lv a mule to 57 ninja and get ni.

Now.. the strat:

*Side note: Bring 2 Hi-ether or a Yagudo drink if you are a SMN*

For a lv10 sync: 4SMN+ 1 Leech 1 Lv sync +1-2 pullers

For a 13+ sync: 3SMN 2 Leech 1 Lv Sync
+1-2 pullers

Usual camp: the steps leading into the tunnel of Kuftal

There is no need to -stick- with the same people to do it, I do it fine with anyone I throw together (+ one other person who knows how to pull the mobs). Two pullers is best, one to bring most mobs, another to bring bats(starting from the cave in entrance C) When the pullers come back you will do two things.
When the puller tells you to, you will kill the jelly at the bottom of the stairs((this jelly will aggro you if not dead upon sync and kill the party(do not kill it before hand, it poping in the Astral flow will kill you) )). will CFH on one monster(Gigas). All SMN's should target the Gigas.

*Now, while the pullers are pulling, the party should make a astral flow order.
SMN 1 > SMN 2 > SMN 3
If some are more experienced with this they should let the new person go first.*

Now, with all SMN's targeting the CFH gigas, the pt should Lv sync and start off by ~SMN 1~ casting Shiva,(upon choice of drink or potion, use Yagudo drink. If ether, save till after AFBP* rage) Ifrit or Garuda. Astral flow ((DO NOT ASSAULT ANYTHING! This Will get you killed)) Standing in the middle of the train, use your AFBP:Rage on the CFH gigas. As soon as it goes off your summon will die and you run to stairs. Use Hi-Ether(if not using drink) at this point. While running back, ~SMN 2~ will do the exact same thing after SMN 1, repeated by ~SMN 3~. After ~SMN3 goes, ~SMN 1~ should have his BP rage back up and the required 50 mp to AFBP* again. repeat this cycle 3 times. Doing it corectly, will make higher chains and no one dies.

When all the summoners have run out of time with astral flow, the pullers kill the remaining mobs. (done correctly, maybe 3-7 mobs)

Usually to convince two people to pull for a pt with no rewards, its usually best to set up as a group of 8. if 2 leechers are granted, they should swap out with the pullers to allow them to gain exp for nothing one run, then giving their places for the first pullers to leech.

I'm sure you've figured you don't want to stop quite yet, so have a leech or puller jump on Corsair and refresh 2 hrs, or use besiged if you can't.

Now, I have worked a long time on my Kyky, I'd die to lose her. Saying this I have contacted GM's in different occasions to make sure SE is not looking at splunking as a bannable offense and that se doesn't shake thier heads. All have said SMN splunking is not a problem AS long as the group splunking is not causing greif to other players. So play nice. Take turns, w/e u need to. Heck I've even seen a GM watch a group go once.

Enjoy Guys n gals I hoped it helped. Please PLEASE I give this to you to do this correctly, don't make FF a world of n00b 75's running around who don't know what the F to do. Merit, level SMN, or work on a job like SCH if you've lvd other mage jobs so you know what your doing and have the skill to do it. I don't think I'd ever let someone leech with a job like PLD to 75(no offense PLD's im sure you understand ^^;).

*AFBP: your Astral Flow, Blood Pact: Rage
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-09 02:42:05

The only time I can frown upon something like this is if someone used it to lot on a piece of gear they don't deserve for a job they know nothing about. I'd be pissed if some RNG for example, got a piece of relic for getting level 75 in 2 days instead of someone who has been playing it for years, would truly piss me off.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-06-09 02:51:15  
I agree, Ive leved every LV on RNG and never burned it. I loved every Min of it too.. The soloing and EVERY (not missed ; ;) Sidewinder ive done since 54(yay merits) I very much want the RNG gear from dyna but there's people in the LS whove played RNG a lot longer then I have and I think they deserve it first.. but i still want it :3 <3RNG<3
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-09 05:01:58  
Premium said:
There isn't enough SMN's around and this brings more into the world, and since no party ever wants one, this is the only thing they have.

After reading your post, this sentence really jumped at me.

Your statement here that this is the only thing SMNs can get is 100% over the board untrue. If it was true, how in the hell did us SMN75 get to 75 way before level sync came into play? Does this help SMNs get a party? Hell yeah. Is this the only way a SMN can get to 75? Hell no!

I mean, leveling SMN in the volcano is probably the best thing I have ever done on all my jobs. I mean, if I can cast (thats right, CAST) sneak in sky with a weapon looking right at me less than 7 feet away from me and NOT get aggro, then that means I am a pro at knowing how to get aggro and what prevents me from getting aggro anywhere (here is a protip: Obstructions, like walls, keep mobs from seeing/hearing/detecting you from anything, but doors are not considered obstructions, because they can open).

Soloing SMN in sky/sea/anywhere where there is exp in it is probably a good indication on how to play the job, you could agree with me on that. May not make you the best, because you tend to die alot unneedlessly, but it would make you a hell of a lot better player into knowing what links, what aggros, and what to do in those situations. Ever had 10 mobs at you at once, 5 minutes of running until you reach a zone, and don't know what to do in that case? Go poke at a couple of Yags in the top of Castle O and run all the way back to the bottom.....and hope you don't make that wrong turn and accidently find yourself in Kote NM teritory with a ***load of mobs on your *** and you don't know where the zone is from there :D

tl:dr?

Solo. Its the best thing you can do. SMNs don't need invites.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2009-06-09 05:03:45  
Korpg said:
Premium said:
There isn't enough SMN's around and this brings more into the world, and since no party ever wants one, this is the only thing they have.

After reading your post, this sentence really jumped at me.

Your statement here that this is the only thing SMNs can get is 100% over the board untrue. If it was true, how in the hell did us SMN75 get to 75 way before level sync came into play? Does this help SMNs get a party? Hell yeah. Is this the only way a SMN can get to 75? Hell no!

I mean, leveling SMN in the volcano is probably the best thing I have ever done on all my jobs. I mean, if I can cast (thats right, CAST) sneak in sky with a weapon looking right at me less than 7 feet away from me and NOT get aggro, then that means I am a pro at knowing how to get aggro and what prevents me from getting aggro anywhere (here is a protip: Obstructions, like walls, keep mobs from seeing/hearing/detecting you from anything, but doors are not considered obstructions, because they can open).

Soloing SMN in sky/sea/anywhere where there is exp in it is probably a good indication on how to play the job, you could agree with me on that. May not make you the best, because you tend to die alot unneedlessly, but it would make you a hell of a lot better player into knowing what links, what aggros, and what to do in those situations. Ever had 10 mobs at you at once, 5 minutes of running until you reach a zone, and don't know what to do in that case? Go poke at a couple of Yags in the top of Castle O and run all the way back to the bottom.....and hope you don't make that wrong turn and accidently find yourself in Kote NM teritory with a ***load of mobs on your *** and you don't know where the zone is from there :D

tl:dr?

What a lecture.

Easy as this:

AoE BARD & DARK KNIGHT IN ONE {Do You Need It?}
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-09 05:26:11  
A) I don't get it, do I get to Buff and /myself at the same time?

B) Aren't you banned from ffxiah.com? Or is that just your girlfriend?
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-09 05:27:08  
Korpg said:

someone on gilgamesh invite me to one of these already.
like Korpg i solo'd my smn on bombs in ule. range. i recorded up to chain 4 (uncommon). it is easy exp and you can afk whenever you want and resume when you feel like it.
it is practically free exp if you know what you are doing.
smn burns sound like fun and easy exp to me idk wtf all this drama is aboot.
if you want fast exp then do a burn. if you want to know about how to be a smn then solo.

omgaggro
User submitted image
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2009-06-09 05:28:10  
Korpg said:
A) I don't get it, do I get to Buff and /myself at the same time?

B) Aren't you banned from ffxiah.com? Or is that just your girlfriend?

Guess what the BLM Tarutaru used in Final Fantasy's Intro that is Shiva's Merit ability?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-09 05:38:34  
Tallulah said:

User submitted image

Come to Asura and lets duo Jormy!
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-09 06:13:41  
lol. i still remember that like it was yesterday. in the pic he was casting ice spikes. he came at me and carby actually hit him and he missed carby. then he missed me before i got eated. i was like 62 and getting the ENM item. i thought it was great how he missed us both within 10 sec. :3
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-09 06:16:16  
Took him 6 hits to eat my Carby, by then I was way out of aggro casting range until he used Draw-in and gave me to the bombs.

Joke is on him, it was the Snoll that got the killshot, not him :D
 Titan.Konvict
サーバ: Titan
user: Konvict
By Titan.Konvict 2009-06-09 09:01:57  
I was hoping for some tips here, but I couldn't even read half of this thread without wanting to post this:

Blah, blah, blah, rant, rave, My E-Peen is bigger than yours!!!!!!
 Lakshmi.Alaric
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-06-09 09:41:26  
Konvict said:
I was hoping for some tips here, but I couldn't even read half of this thread without wanting to post this:

Blah, blah, blah, rant, rave, My E-Peen is bigger than yours!!!!!!

lol...
I have to say some of the post in this thread just goes on with the blabbering.
You have the ppl that like it and the once that are against it. It all comes down to who cares what others think! You pay for your account and if you get to enjoy lvling ur smn this way then go for it!!! For me, I will when I get a chance, just because I really don't have that much time to play because of RL stuff so it works for me. Besides wouldn't want to be in a pt were you are usually assigned as main healer, my healing magic is capped anyways so not much good it will do me to seat in a reg pt and just cure... no good for my smn magic.

To increase my stats I will do Besiege or Campng Battle. And that’s the end.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-06-09 16:43:55  
I figured I gave all the tips I could give ; ;
 Lakshmi.Premium
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-06-09 16:45:04

Artemicion said:
The only time I can frown upon something like this is if someone used it to lot on a piece of gear they don't deserve for a job they know nothing about. I'd be pissed if some RNG for example, got a piece of relic for getting level 75 in 2 days instead of someone who has been playing it for years, would truly piss me off.

Just because they got RNG in 2 days and you didnt makes no difference. Look at it like this, they might be main PLD for every one of your events, not lot on a single item, but you lot on a few here and there. They've done so much for your LS, they can lot whatever they want to lot. Time and Effort over jealous.

Kyri said:
Summoner Splunking

Such a weird name lol
Kyri said:
For a lv10 sync: 4SMN+ 1 Leech 1 Lv sync +1-2 pullers

Not sure sure you need 4, I used to do it at lv 10 with 3, we did fine, we got the level syncer to use emp which is a whole levels worth almost, so getting to 19 was never an issue.
Kyri said:
Usual camp: the steps leading into the tunnel of Kuftal

I think it's far better to go into the south tunnel thats just as you enter map 2, half way between both. Here there is no mobs but 2 bats you actually have in your pull and everything groups easier because it's a enclosed area.
Kyri said:
When all the summoners have run out of time with astral flow, the pullers kill the remaining mobs. (done correctly, maybe 3-7 mobs)

What!? Use thunder spark.... it does about half the damage 2hrs does and will kill off the rest for an extra, well 4 mobs = 1k, so work it out lol
Kyri said:
Now, I have worked a long time on my Kyky, I'd die to lose her. Saying this I have contacted GM's in different occasions to make sure SE is not looking at splunking as a bannable offense and that se doesn't shake thier heads. All have said SMN splunking is not a problem AS long as the group splunking is not causing greif to other players. So play nice. Take turns, w/e u need to. Heck I've even seen a GM watch a group go once.

Amen to that, on our our server a lot of LS's *** about each other the time camping HNM, stealing mobs or w/e, but the moment we go SMN burn, we put aside our differences and everyone works together, I've done mixed pulls, I've helped out other ls's and we take turns, never stealing.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-09 16:45:48  
Your post was very informative and well thought out, Kyri. =)
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-06-09 16:53:51  
thanks! premium is right too, i've done them on the other side by the desert, ive just seen 2-3 "incidents" with lv 10 syncee who cant hold snk/invis die and dlv to 9 along the way. When taking turns with another party that can get yucky.
I do still believe 3 smn to 13+ sync and 4 for a 10+, i just think its safer. as for ramuh finishing off the rest, i didnt even think we could use it at the synced lv, thanks!
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-09 16:57:14  
Well, Thunderspark is lvl 19. So, you'd be able to use it if you lvled up to 19 in the process. >.>
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-06-09 18:47:12  
yeah, lets fix this asap... totally unfair
while we're at it, lets get rid of those pesky RDMs that keep curing my Valkurm Dunes party as well. God i hate them.
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-06-09 18:49:51  
o and by fix... i mean smoke
and by this... i mean a bowl
 Lakshmi.Premium
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-06-09 19:52:29

Kyri said:
thanks! premium is right too, i've done them on the other side by the desert, ive just seen 2-3 "incidents" with lv 10 syncee who cant hold snk/invis die and dlv to 9 along the way. When taking turns with another party that can get yucky.
I do still believe 3 smn to 13+ sync and 4 for a 10+, i just think its safer. as for ramuh finishing off the rest, i didnt even think we could use it at the synced lv, thanks!

Hahah the countless deaths, yeh that is annoying =(
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-09 19:59:04  
Premium said:
Wow, this was a question bout if it still worked and turned into a big debate? Useless +1

In the end, if you don't like SMN burn, then go don't like it in your own little world, SMN burn does nothing to effect you badly, it does nothing to stop you from gaining anything, it does nothing to ruin your game what so ever. So why cry about it? Most people are just jealous because of the rate of which you XP at.

Now why be jealous? I leveled all my jobs up but 3 the pure hard way and hell, I don't give a flying rats *** about SMN burn, I'll give them my corsair 2hr to help them out.

Because in the end. You NEED SMN's for it, SMN's get ***all for decent updates. Wow the radius got widened? You a-holes SE that should of been fixed from the beginning, don't pose it as an update. There isn't enough SMN's around and this brings more into the world, and since no party ever wants one, this is the only thing they have. Yeh they could Solo, but some people cannot do it, some people are not that skilled, others just don't have the hours of the day to go do it and learn it well.

So everyone bashing it, just back off? Has nothing to do with you at all.

Actually it DOES affect gameplay. You try hunting or leveling in K. Tunnel and have half the zone run by you and not be annoyed or frustrated by the lag it causes. It has EVERYTHING to do with my gameplay when a snail can move faster than me because of the lag in the zone.

Premium said:
Everyone needs to stop thinking of it as: OMG 40K EXP IN 5 MINUTES?

When its more like: Run everyone out there (10 minutes or more), setup everyone, (5mins), Go pull (15-20 minutes), Hold mobs and ensure everyones there (5mins), do corsair rolls for a 5, and any other stuff rings/signet, (2-3 mins), then go in and 2hr (5 minutes). then go back to town after*** about xp (5 minutes), reget 2hrs back (time changes due to unluckiness you can be in not resetting 2hrs, so this could take well up to 30 minutes, but say for this takes 10 minutes to get it first try and start again).

Adding it up, its almost an hours worth of work, for 40k XP
You can almost get that in a good merit PT using Emp.

Yes, level sync isn't a loophole but you helped prove another point here. Read the terms of service and player's agreement again. Better yet, here it is in simple black and white english. It is AGAINST (i.e. illegal) the agreement to HOLD mobs.

If you want to get to level 75 real quick with gimped skills, by all means, go ahead. You will however NOT know your job and suck at it. You can spend the next 3 weeks bringing your lvl 10 skills to lvl 75 and still be gimped on the account you know your role as that of a level 10 job.

Join any party I'm in and you can't perform your role and I'll boot you quicker than Ludicrous speed.

Come to Fairy and perform this in a zone I'm hunting, and you can bet I will take mobs from your train if I can, as well as blacklist you. Don't be surprised if you hear from a GM either. I'm not the only one tired of it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Premium
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-06-09 21:22:22

Lethewaters said:
Actually it DOES affect gameplay. You try hunting or leveling in K. Tunnel and have half the zone run by you and not be annoyed or frustrated by the lag it causes. It has EVERYTHING to do with my gameplay when a snail can move faster than me because of the lag in the zone.
Get a better connection if you actually lag there. When I SMN burn im logged into 5 characters, not a single lag :) Also you level on worms, if you tried leveling on anything else you're a complete *** stupid moron and should move to better place like Bubu.P. You can easily hunt there on Jellys which is what most do. SMN burn does NOT get jellys.

Lethewaters said:
Yes, level sync isn't a loophole but you helped prove another point here. Read the terms of service and player's agreement again. Better yet, here it is in simple black and white english. It is AGAINST (i.e. illegal) the agreement to HOLD mobs.

Its not illegal to Monsters actually, and I know 100% what you're on about, The mobs that would be considered illegal of holding are high loot mobs. (HNM/KA) these all have inbuilt rage timers. Also this is NOT stated in the TOS Anywhere, go have a look, infact you say "read it again", Have you read it yourself? lulz. Try talking to a GM about it.

Plus ALL the mobs are UNCLAIMED. You could easily go kill them if you so desired, you'd probably get reputation-1000 so goodluck, but they're not CLAIMED held. *** retard +1 lol

And yeh you get 75 but luckily for me, I have every skilled there is capped out. Not a single one (not parry/guarding/smn) is uncapped. So no skilling up for me :)

I know how to play most of the jobs and the ones I take to 75 I know how to play, i play multiple accounts, so your comment is directed at me without knowledge who i am, Retard +2 (building these points up fast aint you?)

Join any party im in? You aint on my server ***?

Tired of it, bless you your a little jealous :P I love these little kidos. GM won't do nothing, I've called them and asked myself as well as others. It's a perfectly fine thing. and hell, people GM me for "stealing" nm's when people die, but does a GM /tell me? Lulz no. Never in 6 years has a GM ever telled me, and I've stepped over the boundary's countless times.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-06-09 21:28:06  
lol so dont farm there. Its not against SE rules, ive checked. Now be a big boy and take your lv 70 thf and farm somewhere where lv 70 THF's farm, dont be jealous no one wants to invite a thf because you couldnt train the ammount of mobs needed without lving a healer support job.

And before threatening other people of a lack of invite to your party maybe you should keep in mind your a thf, and they -prolly- dont -want- you in their pt when they could get a different job. I've played thf and SaTa isnt epic skills.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-06-09 21:52:16  
Seriously, you sound like my sister when she was 5 years old and did not get her way. You essay made almost no sense whatsoever and you continued to contradict yourself throughout the entire thing. The only point you managed to get across was that you do not like SMN burns. Why not just say that and be done with it?

Lethewaters said:

Please show me where thats "illegal" ... here, I'll even give you a link to the rule page!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/index.html

On second note, we had someone contact a GM on us one night. Want to know what their reply was?

"They do not have claim of the monster(s) in question, therefor it is not holding. The single monster which was claimed was killed right before my eyes. I would not call that holding."

Here's the actual snippet from the rules you are thinking of:

"Monster holding refers to an instance where a player or players hold a monster so that they continue to maintain claim on the monster. "

It goes on to say, numerous times, they must have "claim" to be considered holding.

Get your facts straight before coming here to cry.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Premium
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-06-10 00:06:13

Bekisa rules
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7