Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 224 225 226
By Trigue 2019-02-14 19:10:36  
I'm not sure if this has been addressed previously in the thread, apologies in advance if it has, but I've been considering dropping my double attack group 1 merits and putting them into berserk recast instead for non zerg events such as Dynamis (D). In a zerg situation where the mob will be defeated before buffs wear the double attack merits would obviously win. Given all the equipment that can enhance berserk duration, WAR cape (15 sec), Pumm. Lorica +3 (18 sec), and Apoge Calliage +3 (30 sec) duration would last for 4 min 3 sec. With 5/5 berserk recast merits you would only be "beserkless" for 7 sec. And when you're not receiving full buffs (SV Songs, Bolster Geomancy) in Dynamis D full timing a 35% attack bonus may be more substantial compared to a static 5 double attack for overall dps. Thoughts?
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-14 20:29:19  
Shouldn't you already have 5/5 DA and Berserk.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-02-14 20:33:53  
i'm warcry instead of berserk.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-14 20:47:29  
Hmm I can maybe see that. Warcry is one of those interesting abilities that has a short enough recast to be useful but not short enough to be spamable, honestly I've never really been waiting on it before and always time it right before we do something really cool. On the other hand there is plenty of stuff that lowers berserks recast to the point where it's almost full time and you might even be at attack cap and not really getting anything from it.
 Bismarck.Virdent
サーバ: Bismarck
user: virdent
By Bismarck.Virdent 2019-02-25 11:05:18  
Heys guys! I'm switching to my first real dd job and kind overwhelmed even where to start. besides weapons what would be a good place to start. I have picked a few pieces already but nothing huge. i have vbody +1 along with odyssian pants. i know its not a whole lot but if i could get some help of where to start so i can start using this job would be great
 Asura.Solymr
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2019-02-25 14:52:28  
With the announcement of impending ambu weapon upgrades, what does the jump have to look like to make the gs an option for war
? Last time it jumped 20 base damage with 5 att/acc. If a similar jump takes place it would look something like:

D: 333
Delay 480
Att: 40
Acc: 30

Compared to Mont +1

D: 299
Delay: 475
Att: 34
Ta: 3-5%
Stp: 11

Maybe not yet, but at some point base damage will creep up on the wonderful ta/stp benefits of Mont. Assuming no new categories on ambu weapon, is there a number that would make it wars best gs option?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-25 17:58:29  
Asura.Solymr said: »
With the announcement of impending ambu weapon upgrades, what does the jump have to look like to make the gs an option for war
? Last time it jumped 20 base damage with 5 att/acc. If a similar jump takes place it would look something like:

D: 333
Delay 480
Att: 40
Acc: 30

Compared to Mont +1

D: 299
Delay: 475
Att: 34
Ta: 3-5%
Stp: 11

Maybe not yet, but at some point base damage will creep up on the wonderful ta/stp benefits of Mont. Assuming no new categories on ambu weapon, is there a number that would make it wars best gs option?

It has one upgrade left, it won't be able to beat Montante +1.

The reason why use Montante +1 is the 11 Store TP and 5 TA with a high enough delay to make TP returns on WS really good. The Ambu weapon doesn't do anything to address that fact, and 20 base DMG isn't that big of a damage bump.

Weapon DMG gets added to WSC bonus and fSTR bonus to form the base damage, so for high WSC STR WS's like Resolution, higher weapon DMG isn't as important as faster WS's or more TP overflow.
By SimonSes 2019-02-25 18:11:26  
Or we can stop trying to predict something like that, because seeing what they did so far, makes it totally unpredictable. I bet none in ffxi community was even close to predict something like Decimation +120% on axe. So saying stuff like "it won't be able to beat Montante+1" or "It will beat Montante +1" is just pure guessing at this point.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-25 19:15:08  
Unless it has Resolution +20% it's not going to beat Montante +1. And seeing as they already put a WS bonus to Ground Strike, I don't see any Resolution bonus's happening any time soon.

At least be logical with your comments.
By SimonSes 2019-02-25 20:22:34  
Asura.Saevel said: »
At least be logical with your comments.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing illogical in saying, that unpredictable stats on those weapons makes statements like yours totally invalid. It's actually completely logical.

Those weapons suppose to have one more upgrade and augments. You have no idea what's coming with upgrades and what's coming with augments, but you are sure that GS wont beat Montante, which only advantage is 11STP and 5%TA. Augments alone can give something like 10STP and 5%Ta to this GS or they might come up with something silly like Fotia belt/neck effect on those weapons, which would be very powerful for Resolution. Even being rationalist, something like 10STP, 10STR, 20 base damage on upgrade and then 5%TA/10%DA augment is definitely in realm of high probability and that would easily make it better than Montante +1.
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-02-25 20:59:38  
I just can't wait to blow more DM on Ambuscade augments when Gorpa reveals that Abdhaljs is actually Oseem's pen name.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-02-26 01:05:04  
Code
     sets.engaged.DW = {
           ammo="Ginsen",
           head="Flam. Zucchetto +2",
5          body={ name="Emicho Haubert +1", augments {'HP+65','DEX+12','Accuracy+20',}},
4 (set)    hands={ name="Emi. Gauntlets +1", augments={'Accuracy+25','"Dual Wield"+6','Pet: Accuracy+25',}},
11         legs="Pumm. Cuisses +3",
9          feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
7          neck="War. Beads +2",
9          waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
           left_ear="Suppanomimi",
5          right_ear="Brutal Earring",
1          left_ring="Petrov Ring",
           right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
10         back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},
}

3% DA augment on a dirtbag axe adds up to 100%
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-26 15:40:04  
Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
Code
     sets.engaged.DW = {
           ammo="Ginsen",
5          body={ name="Emicho Haubert +1", augments {'HP+65','DEX+12','Accuracy+20',}},
4 (set)    hands={ name="Emi. Gauntlets +1", augments={'Accuracy+25','"Dual Wield"+6','Pet: Accuracy+25',}},
11         legs="Pumm. Cuisses +3",
9          feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
7          neck="War. Beads +2",
9          waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
           left_ear="Suppanomimi",
5          right_ear="Brutal Earring",
1          left_ring="Petrov Ring",
           right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
10         back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},
}

3% DA augment on a dirtbag axe adds up to 100%

Very nice,though I ended up shaving some double attack for store tp myself. Pretty much had that same set. Ended up throwing on a Telos Earring and Valorous Mail with STP+11 total on the body.
Code
={
    ammo="Ginsen",
    body={ name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Pet: "Dbl. Atk."+2','INT+7','"Store TP"+8','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Mag. Acc.+16 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+16',}},
    hands={ name="Emi. Gauntlets +1", augments={'Accuracy+25','"Dual Wield"+6','Pet: Accuracy+25',}},
    legs="Pumm. Cuisses +3",
    feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
    neck="War. Beads +2",
    waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
    left_ear="Suppanomimi",
    right_ear="Telos Earring",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
    back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

It took me from a 14 hit, to a 12 hit at the cost of 11 DA iirc.
(Emicho+1-> Valorous, and Brutal-> Telos)
I'm using Moonlight for the HP+/Defensive stats.

9 hits with Samurai Roll. The Double Attack is 10 Hits.

Seems like whatever your preference is really, thoughts?

Has anyone ever figured out how much accuracy we get on Decimation based on the tp? Update notes state:
Quote:
Decimation STR: 50% TP bonus increased when the bearer has 1,000 or more TP

I don't see any actual accuracy numbers.

Also if we are looking at sets for Decimation.
Code
sets.precast.WS['Decimation'] = {   

ammo="Seeth. Bomblet +1",
    body={ name="Argosy Hauberk +1", augments={'STR+12','Attack+20','"Store TP"+6',}},
    hands={ name="Argosy Mufflers +1", augments={'STR+20','"Dbl.Atk."+3','Haste+3%',}},
    legs={ name="Argosy Breeches +1", augments={'STR+12','Attack+25','"Store TP"+6',}},
    feet={ name="Argosy Sollerets +1", augments={'HP+65','"Dbl.Atk."+3','"Store TP"+5',}},
    neck="Fotia Gorget",
    waist="Fotia Belt",
    left_ear="Brutal Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Regal Ring",
    back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},
}

Torn on earrings. Probably going to use 2x Lugra at night. If the accuracy bonus is significant, I might keep moonshade.
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-02-27 04:34:14  
ItemSet 365330

EDIT: Now inspired by Reso set.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2019-02-27 04:47:59  
Decimation is a FTP WS with a 50% STR Mod, so its basically a Reso set you want to use for it.

ItemSet 344679

Maybe change out moonshade for Brutal/Cessance
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 06:01:28  
Asura.Yso said: »
ItemSet 365330

Is it wrong to build for Decimation around WSD? Above sub can be replaced by Reikiko, which could be an interesting offhand.

Yeah, that's terrible set for Decimation. Like Brennski said, Decimation is like Reolution, but without damage scaling with TP, so Fencer build with shield is also useless for it. Use /nin and dual wield.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-27 08:06:12  
Basically use the Reso set and switch out earrings. The two things we want to use are Multi-Attack and STR, STR is only 50% though and not the 85% that Resolution has.
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-02-27 08:23:10  
I admit, I just now realised Decimation is a 3-hit WS. For some reason I thought it was a single hit WS. And about ftp transfer. I now see the point of Reso set for it.

What then are the best offhand options for when dual wielding?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-27 08:31:02  
Usually something like the Augmented Axe with DA / STR and some Acc/Atk. I've played with different options and that seems the most well rounded so far.

And yes Decimation is the Axe version of Resolution, minus the TP damage growth, which is sad. This WS doesn't spike from TP overflow but it is extremely consistent in it's damage, high enough to make a DW setup viable.
[+]
By Afania 2019-02-27 16:16:55  
Since Decimation and /nin seems to be viable now, has anyone tried r15 farsha cloudsplitter spam on wave 3 boss with bolster malaise? magical/hybrid ws seems incredibly strong on wave 3 boss with bolster malaise.

cloud splitter scales well with tp bonus too, so this is another scenerio tp bonus axe can be used offhand no?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-27 17:02:10  

That made no sense....

Decimation and Cloudsplitter has about as much in common as Resolution and Leaden Salute.

And nowhere did any hybrid WS's enter the picture...
By Afania 2019-02-27 17:28:27  
Asura.Saevel said:
And nowhere did any hybrid WS's enter the picture...

Huh? How is that so? Since wave 3 alliance often use malaise, for jobs with good hybrid ws it can be a good option no?

(Sorry for my shitty ss)

Im not trying to compare how strong each ws is btw, but since many people complained about hate generarion on war in wave 3 boss runs I figure magical ws can be a good idea to solve the problem.

That made no sense....

Decimation and Cloudsplitter has about as much in common as Resolution and Leaden Salute.

Argh, I guess I wasnt being clear enough. I mean use decimation on voltes and switch to cloudsplitter on boss.

Decimation on volte because macc can be ***on them, but this isnt the case on boss. And it gets the benefit of less hate.

Im linking them together because both ws can be used with /nin for benefit of shadows. Dual wield playstyle was whats being discussed no? So I just brough up cloudsplitter which is also doable /nin on wave 3 boss to solve hate issues.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-27 18:07:35  
We weren't talking about hybrid WS's and you threw that in there even though axe has no Hyrbid WS's. If you want I can make screenshots of 99K physical WS's too, wouldn't matter cause I'm only interested in averages across the whole fight.

CS is kinda bleh for WAR, mostly because WAR doesn't get the raw gear to really ramp it up compared to other physical WS's. The only reason we can deal decent damage with it in the first place is the TP Bonus from Fencer builds.
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 18:08:56  
The less hate is interesting idea, but afaik Cloudsplitter is not a hybrid WS, but pure magical and WAR's gear to support magical WSs is very limited. I would really want to see some numbers from someone with CS set, with proper buffs/debuffs.
By Afania 2019-02-27 18:15:10  
We weren't talking about hybrid WS's and you threw that in there even though axe has no Hyrbid WS's.

But I didnt say axe has hybrid ws. I only said magic and hybrid ws, as a general rule, has higher upper ceiling than physical with bloster malaise...

Afania said: »
magical/hybrid ws seems incredibly strong on wave 3 boss with bolster malaise.

This is my origional sentence, where did you see the word "axe" in the sentence? I was saying both magical and hybrid ws benefits from malaise.
By Afania 2019-02-27 18:17:44  
SimonSes said: »
The less hate is interesting idea, but afaik Cloudsplitter is not a hybrid WS,

But I never say it is....I clearly meant "2 types of ws benefits from malaise, which is magical and hybrid" not "axe has hybrid ws".
did I write my sentence wrong in some way again? Since people repeatly read it wrong lol.
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 18:27:42  

But I never say it is....I clearly meant "2 types of ws benefits from malaise, which is magical and hybrid" not "axe has hybrid ws".
did I write my sentence wrong in some way again? Since people repeatly read it wrong lol.

I wasnt referencing your sentence but you SS. Hybrid WSs have massive spike with capped attack + malaise and good mab set. Magical WSs not really. CS being a magical WS would probably simply be too weak, even with all buffs and debuffs on wave 3 boss.
By Afania 2019-02-27 18:52:14  

I wasnt referencing your sentence but you SS. Hybrid WSs have massive spike with capped attack + malaise and good mab set. Magical WSs not really. CS being a magical WS would probably simply be too weak, even with all buffs and debuffs on wave 3 boss.

That SS was to reply Saevels statement about hybrid, it wasnt meant to say magical has same dmg as hybrids. I feel we are all replying different things lol.

I didnt make a statement about CS damage nor claim that it can do 99999, I simpy asked a question about how well it can do for WAR/NINs in dyna during bloster phase.

Obviously if its wayyy too weak then it may not ne worth it. If its on par with physical then its probably worth it if not for hate.
By Spaitin 2019-02-27 19:20:58  
It would have to be a pretty massive upgrade to beat motante. Something different like "50% chance of additional attack" or something we don't expect.
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 224 225 226