users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » x30 One-hundred Byne Bills relic loan ^.^
x30 One-hundred Byne Bills relic loan ^.^
 Fenrir.Thandar
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-01-28 10:35:57  
Like I said above, I've never heard bad about him, and he was friends with my brother, so I had no reason to assume he'd be scum. Learn something new everyday I suppose.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-01-28 10:48:07  
Fenrir.Fulgore said: »
Sucks for you guys but really ..... loaning sum dipshit you dont even know w/o a collateral , seems like u were asking for it...

Hope u guys learned sumthing lol

Yeah, totally. But on the other hand, this is only notable (in my case at least) because I've had so many good experiences loaning currency. I still think the majority of people are awesome and wouldn't do this. But... I did learn that there's nothing wrong with me holding on to a pair of Heralds' Gaiters for 15 minutes or something, either.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-01-28 10:50:06  
Good luck guys! I hope you get your coins returned and this scammer gets the hammer.
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-01-28 11:12:31  
Yeah, I just loaned currency to finish a Mandau before this, and I still gave Weakness his loan with my remaining 30 100 Bynes, it went fine. I really only wanted to loan him because I was about to need a loan, and I didn't want to get ignored when it was my turn.
 Fenrir.Fulgore
user: Deadendnl
By Fenrir.Fulgore 2013-01-28 11:21:28  
Welp there is nothing wrong with helping ppl but iff you doing it (again) without a certain collateral like Gaiters and any stuff that is worth the amount you loan to ppl , youre doing it terribly wrong.
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-01-28 11:51:20  
I don't really plan on loaning anymore until I finish Rag at least, I've done my share of loaning for now I think.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2013-02-05 02:58:50  
Fenrir.Thandar said: »
Yesterday?

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/69338
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-02-05 12:10:35  
They are unable to prove a return to me...
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-02-05 12:22:16  
Poop.
By Boredwithyou 2013-02-05 12:24:30  
Samething happened on Siren. Me and my ls mate both were about to finish our relics when a shout came across for 1m reward for loan 30M's. we both traded and didn't know we both did. He ran to Sandy must of traded it off or something. We reported him, and 5mins later a guy with a Kb pounding keys name like ggdfgfdsg started selling currency at 1/2price. 60M's in bazaar and funny he had exactly the same other items in bazaar as the thief. The GM said there's no way he changed names, dumbass GM said he will look into it.
After a week Ls member got his back and my acct was jacked so no word on it. Good luck
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-02-05 12:27:02  
They said I should start buying 100s again, and if they are able to return them at some point I could sell them, no ***. >.>;
[+]
By Boredwithyou 2013-02-05 12:27:31  
We both said in chat this was a loan only and he had 15mins to return it. Not sure why yours was turned down. But look on the bright side it will take only 1 Tiamat drop, or 2weeks in dynamis to get it back.
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-02-05 12:30:29  
I said that too. I don't know.
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2013-02-05 14:56:31  
Was yours in /tell?
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-02-05 15:08:03  
I never got into the party - my part of it was all in tell. I know Thandar was in party with him, though.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-02-05 15:35:28  
Stuff like this makes me hate the ban on player warnings. I know there are good reasons for it, but scum like this SHOULD be held up publicly as known ***.

Fortunately, you can just look at who started the topic in the Fenrir section to know who the douche is.
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-02-05 15:38:10  
It's Tangwheeler! :D But I think he has left our lovely server, and yeah, my contract was in party with him.
 Cerberus.Robmelee
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Robmelee
By Cerberus.Robmelee 2013-02-05 16:00:09  
That sucks that the GM's won't be able to return it.

What makes the transaction completely "GM-able" and "GM-enforceable" is making the guy that wants the loan state in a /tell directly to you VERY CLEARLY of his/her desire and intent on both acknowledging this is strictly a very quick loan that is to complete a relic and the loan amount in 100's are to be returned immediately (usually no more than 15 minutes).

The loan must be established and initiated on the requester's part, otherwise anything less can be misunderstood and manipulated to where there was no official request or establishment of a loan, thereby allowing the requester to claim it was gift and not a loan.

I can see the easy deception caused by that bogus guy getting 30 100's from you and 20 from your friend without each others knowledge. Real shame honestly. Sorry to hear once again this happened to you.

If I may suggest the following steps below, to you and to anyone else considering loaning 30 100's to someone so they can finish there Relic, you may want to take these following precautionary steps to help completely avoid drama and potential issues.

1.) Make the "Loan Requester" change into the job in question and have them equip the completed Stage 4 Dynamis Weapon. So you can verify they are indeed on Stage 5.

2.) Initiate a trade between the both of you, hitting "OK" is not required... have the Loan Requester show you that he/she does in fact have 70 100's of the currency he/she is requesting to borrow the remaining 30 of.

3.) Finally make them write a detailed /tell clearly outlining his/her desire of the loan and indicating his/her acknowledgement that this is a immediate loan to not last no more than 15 minutes, and make them type to you they will trade the 30 100's back immediately that day within 15 minutes of the loan.

If you follow these steps, any Bullcrap attempted by the Requester will be easily reversed by any GM and the person trying to get away will end up in GM jailed and likely suspended if not banned.

This only works if you report this incident immediately. GM's only have access to a player's logs up to a certain point. Unknown by most, but some have suggested up to 7 days. Don't risk it GM them immediately. Odds of anyone DC'ing shortly after a transaction is most likely no accident.

Follow these steps and you are secured in any loan you help assist on.

Good Luck!
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-02-05 16:13:13  
Yeah, all of that would have been nice.

But according to the GM today, even if you do everything 100% correct, there is no guarantee that you will get them back. The said sometimes they just can't, which sounds like a load of crap, I made it quite clear it was a loan, it is nonsense to punish be because someone is a ***. It was very clear it was a loan, I said "I am going to make a loan contract" Then said "I am loaning Douchebag 30 100 Bynes Bills for the completion of his mandau."

No way to manipulate that as a gift. >.>;

Edit: From now on if I haven't known you in game for over a year, you're out of luck.
 Cerberus.Robmelee
By Cerberus.Robmelee 2013-02-05 16:17:44  
Again sorry this happened to ya. You take the chance of trusting ppl and they completely abuse it.

I understand that you made it abundantly clear that this is a loan...

my only question is... did he in a /tell to you

acknowledge it was a loan and that he would return it back to you in an agreed specified amount of time.

Anything less than Yes to all those counts can quite possibly result to an unfavorable GM judgment.
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-02-05 16:19:54  
He did in party. I said "I'm doing this in case you decide to be evil and steal them." He said "I won't steal them, I don't want to go to jail." >.>
 Cerberus.Robmelee
By Cerberus.Robmelee 2013-02-05 16:37:43  
I'm not sure if (party) "/p" communications count as binding communications between two player characters in-game. Due to the fact (party) "/p" can involve more than 2 individuals and all communications is not specifically being directly to any one person. It is like having a conversation in a "/say" you know its regarding the two of you, its only you two talking. But others near-by can read it and all that is said can easily apply to anyone unless uniquely specified.

In the end, I find my step-by-step suggestions being followed and all communications in "/tell" format will force any GM to find cases like yours valid and reversible.

It is unfortunate a GM ruled unfavorably to your regard.

Nevertheless, you are quite right a GM has sole discretion to rule on any of these cases as they see fit. I just find when you take the additional time to perform maximum due diligence it just makes an outcome of your desire all the more likely.

I agree limit your trusts to those you've know longer, and still make them "/tell" you they understand it's a loan and they will trade back immediately.

Peace!
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2013-02-06 10:53:55  
Guys...over the years and from a few people's personal records on both sides (victim and stealer), I have made my own conclusion about Square Enix's system about how they carry out this system. There are a few rules that I have deduced:

1) Tells are always binding verbal contracts between players. These are saved in the chatlogs, and are the most personal way to contact someone ingame. That being said, tells are probably the only way you even have a chance.

2) Make sure you have a time frame of return set into your contract. This helps immensely because if the time passed and you didn't receive your compensation that was agreed on, you have a very solid case.

3) Make them repeat what you say or clearly agree to any and every detail you state. If they say it or agree to it in tell, again, this is a binding personal contract with both players.

4) Screenshots always help, but video proof is better. Unload all your plugins and what not, and make it seem actually legitimate. If you give them a screenshot and it has windower plugins and whatnot in it, that right there puts you in a bad position. Phone video would be the best, as you can't use fraps without windower if I recall correctly.

5) Do not abbreviate ANYTHING. I don't even trust auto-translate. I typed out "Montiont Silverpiece" every time I referred to it. If you say "loan 30 silvers" and they end up giving you back imperial silver pieces, you have no case. Same with shells. If they give you shall shells and you never specified, you have no case.

This is my thought, however, it seems to be the trend of them to take an extremely long time (3 weeks for me), and even then they need every piece of evidence they can get. If you are nice in the beginning, and start getting gradually irritated, this also seems to help because it seems like they aren't doing anything to help someone that actually wants the help, which is against their GM Code of Conduct.
 Cerberus.Robmelee
By Cerberus.Robmelee 2013-02-06 15:33:03  
Fenrir.Demonmaniac said: »
Guys...over the years and from a few people's personal records on both sides (victim and stealer), I have made my own conclusion about Square Enix's system about how they carry out this system. There are a few rules that I have deduced:

1) Tells are always binding verbal contracts between players. These are saved in the chatlogs, and are the most personal way to contact someone ingame. That being said, tells are probably the only way you even have a chance.

2) Make sure you have a time frame of return set into your contract. This helps immensely because if the time passed and you didn't receive your compensation that was agreed on, you have a very solid case.

3) Make them repeat what you say or clearly agree to any and every detail you state. If they say it or agree to it in tell, again, this is a binding personal contract with both players.

4) Screenshots always help, but video proof is better. Unload all your plugins and what not, and make it seem actually legitimate. If you give them a screenshot and it has windower plugins and whatnot in it, that right there puts you in a bad position. Phone video would be the best, as you can't use fraps without windower if I recall correctly.

5) Do not abbreviate ANYTHING. I don't even trust auto-translate. I typed out "Montiont Silverpiece" every time I referred to it. If you say "loan 30 silvers" and they end up giving you back imperial silver pieces, you have no case. Same with shells. If they give you shall shells and you never specified, you have no case.

This is my thought, however, it seems to be the trend of them to take an extremely long time (3 weeks for me), and even then they need every piece of evidence they can get. If you are nice in the beginning, and start getting gradually irritated, this also seems to help because it seems like they aren't doing anything to help someone that actually wants the help, which is against their GM Code of Conduct.

Same thing I said, just a bit more detailed. I completely agree with this!

Its real sad that ppl attempt to find technicalities to get off from paying back on relic currency loans. It discourages loaners from loaning to honorable players.

Like Demonmaniac said, following precautionary steps and keeping it all in "/tell" format pretty much guarantees a reversal if any incidents of foul play occurs.

Frankly... SE should just reduce the Stage 5 ending requirements to Stage 4 Weapon, Necrosyphe, Fragment, and (70 100 Bynes Bills/ or 70 Montiont Silverpieces/ or 70 Lungo-Nago Jadeshells). Since the final cutscenes refunds 30 100's anyways.

Its really silly for it to continue this way and this ideal reduction would eliminate all problems of this kind all together.
 Fenrir.Tangwheeler
user: brylan42
By Fenrir.Tangwheeler 2013-02-07 08:33:38  
Hello everyone,

I just got back after having my account compromised. My ffxiah account shared the same username and password as my SE account, giving the hacker access to both. I was immediately bombarded with /tells concerning this relic loan issue and I am working with SE and the victims to rectify the problem. I have been stripped of most sellables; however, I have a few things that I can still sell plus I am farming dynamis for currency daily. This is the second time in nine years that I have been hacked, so there was a lot of stuff amassed on my character for the taking. I hope that all of you can bear with me as I try to resolve this issue and I apologize to any of you that were affected, especially Thandar and Terminus. Also, I have reactivated the original post that the hacker deleted so that everyone can see how it started. The Gentlemen's club ls post was also not of my doing. My last posting was on the dragoon forums about OAT lances.

Thanks,
Tang
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-02-07 08:44:45  

No, not really. Just the idea that you're trying to fix everything up means a ton to me. I definitely wouldn't want you to strip your own character or change from "playing a game" mode to "paying a debt" mode for the sake of 20 100 Byne Bills. It's not like I can use them any time soon, anyway.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tangwheeler
user: brylan42
By Fenrir.Tangwheeler 2013-02-07 09:07:07  
I just want to clear my name from all of the havoc that this guy wreaked on my character. Plus, I can find a way to make the farming a little less monotonous! Whether it be gil, or in-game help, I'll figure out a way to make up for this trash. It's my fault for trying to use windower and getting hacked. >_>
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2013-02-07 09:15:13  
Why do people loan 30 100s again without securing the return of 30 100s again? If you're loaning 30 100s someone that you don't know people usually request about 20-21mil in item/gear as desposit untill returning 30 100s.
 Asura.Rucks
サーバ: Asura
user: Seravolk
By Asura.Rucks 2013-02-07 09:17:40  

That looks like reason enough.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mithradee
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mithradee
By Lakshmi.Mithradee 2013-02-07 09:30:48  
This whole situation sucks and you have to commend the person for attempting to right the wrongs of another under his name. Just hope in the end people learn their lesson of lending things and understand the given risk involved. Nice to see someone who wants to do the right thing even at the cost of their own time and shows there are still some decent people that play this game. I am not one of them but hey at least there are still some.
[+]