[Dev] Planned Adjustments And Enmity System Explanation

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » [Dev] Planned Adjustments and Enmity System Explanation
[Dev] Planned Adjustments and Enmity System Explanation
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-26 14:55:21  
03-26-2013 02:49 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings everyone.

The version update is right around the corner, and I have a couple more points to follow-up on.

With the level correction adjustments for the monsters that are added in Seekers of Adoulin, I believe Flashy Shot will lose its meaning completely…

We do believe that revamping Flashy Shot is necessary, and we will be making adjustments so that there is a good effect in line with the level correction adjustment; however, we will not be able to address it in the upcoming version update. We apologize, but please give us a bit of time for this.

Whatever happened to the planned revamp to Recycle? Are you ever going to make adjustments so that ranged attacks?

Shortly after the release of Seekers of Adoulin we plan to make Recycle a job trait. With this, we will be making it so the effect of Recycle is stronger than what it is currently.

In addition to this, we also plan on changing the effect of Scavenge. Specifically, we will be making it and ability where you can recover ammo that has been consumed.

We feel that with the above two adjustments the costs associated with ammo will be reduced.

I’m thinking it would have been a good idea to make the elemental magic adjustments at the same time Geomancer is introduced to the game, so I would really like to see these changes implemented as soon as possible.

Also, are any adjustments going to be made for cumulative magic resistance? With the current job balance I feel this is not necessary.

We understand that this is being said in comparison to the current front-line job situation. However, the battles in Seeker of Adoulin will be quite different and the merits for being able to attack from long distance will be greater. While it’s true that the damage for elemental magic spells will be lower when they are resisted, one large benefit is that they do not miss due to evasion like melee attacks. With the elemental magic adjustments that will be made from here on out, as well as through the addition of new equipment, these variations and other things will be reduced, so we’d like to start out by doing this.

Eliminating the cumulative magic resistance right away would only cause melee to be unnecessary, and would work against everything we are doing with the restructuring of the battles. With that said, we’d like to perform the adjustments we are working on first and then plan our next move based on the results. There is a possibility for adjustments to cumulative magic resistance if we determine that it is necessary.

Please make sure that you make adjustments so that using a Cure V doesn’t make enemies instantly head for the white mage.

While balancing content such as Skirmish, we noticed that when white mages used Cure V the frequency of enemies targeting them was high, so we are currently making adjustments.

With the attack/defense ratio adjustments I’m worried that my automaton is going to become extremely weak.

If no care is given to use earth maneuvers for boosting defense, then there is a possibility that the damage taken by the automaton will increase.

With that said though, as stronger monsters are introduced, players will have to obtain stronger equipment to bridge the level gap, whereas pets do not have this option (since they cannot equip gear), so we feel that adjustments are necessary moving forward.
Subscribe
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2013-03-26 14:57:11  
mind ya that automaton comment at the end, dosn't mean we wont see Tier3 attachments to compensate for it
 Sylph.Organic
サーバ: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-26 14:59:05  
spammin earth maneuvers like a bau5

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-03-26 15:07:18  
Sweet jesus, finally. Recycle adjustments can't come soon enough. I love the scavenge idea also, but it'll probably be more dogbolts or some crap.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-26 15:08:55  
The flashy shot thing doesn't make sense. Didn't they say they weren't removing level correction for players --> monsters?
 Asura.Yomisha
サーバ: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-03-26 15:13:23  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Sweet jesus, finally. Recycle adjustments can't come soon enough. I love the scavenge idea also, but it'll probably be more dogbolts or some crap.
Quote:
Specifically, we will be making it an ability where you can recover ammo that has been consumed.

They would have to really *** that up for it to be dogbolts. <.<;
[+]
 Sylph.Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-26 15:16:13  

They really need to give COR some ammo love and give them some recycle traits too
 Leviathan.Suljin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Suljin175
By Leviathan.Suljin 2013-03-26 15:19:03  
Hopefully they will just readjust att/def growth for autos instead of more tiered attachments that we can't possibly use because of too many, too few spots, and low priority
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 15:27:47  
Leviathan.Suljin said: »
Hopefully they will just readjust att/def growth for autos instead of more tiered attachments that we can't possibly use because of too many, too few spots, and low priority

They said using earth maneuvers, will help, but they changed both armor plates to just be PDT- didn't they? Could swear they did. Even if spamming earths, 1) it would really reduce the puppets dmg/usefulness 2) wouldn't help too too much considering monster ratio is being capped at 4.0, no? Wouldn't they still take ungodly dmg? 3) Can they fix Barrier Module plz? My auto doesn't seem to shield bash terribly often despite it "reducing the recast on shield bash".
 Leviathan.Suljin
By Leviathan.Suljin 2013-03-26 15:37:21  
Yes, armor plates are PDT now, so again that wont really solve the problem directly. Just means they would be permanently needed attachments -_- and yes as you said, limits the pup's performance otherwise. I can see on nms needing to balance dd and defense attachments, but on regular mobs thats kinda stupid.

3) do you combo barrier module and hammermill? I know it doesn't say anything with it, but I swear the combo makes shield bash rate much higher or I'm crazy (possibly). You could also add tactical processor. I guess you could look at it as: if the auto "misses" a window for using shield bash due to low rate of checking its surroundings, it wouldn't use it until the next possible shield bash opportunity, again assuming it didn't "miss" that one as well if it was busy. Increasing the check rate would improve that. For mobs I actually want Poppo to bash and inhibit I'll add that, but its a little more situational.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-26 15:38:49  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
The flashy shot thing doesn't make sense. Didn't they say they weren't removing level correction for players --> monsters?
No, they've just pointed out that all mobs in SoA are gonna be level 99 with special resistances instead of level 120 shenanigans to force difficulty, hence why Flashy Shot might be irrelevant in all of the new content.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-26 15:44:31  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
No, they've just pointed out that all mobs in SoA are gonna be level 99 with special resistances instead of level 120 shenanigans to force difficulty, hence why Flashy Shot might be irrelevant in all of the new content.

Did I miss this post?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 15:44:44  
Yes, armor plates are PDT now, so again that wont really solve the problem directly. Just means they would be permanently needed attachments -_- and yes as you said, limits the pup's performance otherwise. I can see on nms needing to balance dd and defense attachments, but on regular mobs thats kinda stupid.

3) do you combo barrier module and hammermill? I know it doesn't say anything with it, but I swear the combo makes shield bash rate much higher or I'm crazy (possibly). You could also add tactical processor. I guess you could look at it as: if the auto "misses" a window for using shield bash due to low rate of checking its surroundings, it wouldn't use it until the next possible shield bash opportunity, again assuming it didn't "miss" that one as well if it was busy. Increasing the check rate would improve that. For mobs I actually want Poppo to bash and inhibit I'll add that, but its a little more situational.

I do pair it with hammermill. My melee frame is so cramped I don't have room for tact processor. Are we certain though, that tact processor effects shield bash? Idk man, it seems that combo does slow it down as a hidden detrimental effect >_<.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 15:45:27  
Diabolos.Raelia said: »

Did I miss this post?

I thought they just simply stated all the mobs won't have level correction. Though I guess that can be inferred as no level correction = they are all 99?
 Sylph.Washburn
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2013-03-26 15:48:29  

Way back when bomb cores were a "lot" of gil to me, i dropped one, and i GM'd the item. The GM that recovered it for me told me that each zone has its own big treasure pool of lost items, that they could only access for like a week. I could only assume that all ammo shot is simply dropped into that pool and recovered with scavenge after being shot. The question is: Will we only recover ammo we personally shot? or will we have a chance at getting ***ammo someone else shot before?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 15:55:34  
Sylph.Washburn said: »

Way back when bomb cores were a "lot" of gil to me, i dropped one, and i GM'd the item. The GM that recovered it for me told me that each zone has its own big treasure pool of lost items, that they could only access for like a week. I could only assume that all ammo shot is simply dropped into that pool and recovered with scavenge after being shot. The question is: Will we only recover ammo we personally shot? or will we have a chance at getting ***ammo someone else shot before?

cor/rngs will now scavange the akvan bullets! lol
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-03-26 15:59:41  
Sylph.Organic said: »

They really need to give COR some ammo love and give them some recycle traits too
I'd rather have them adjust wildfire+leaden salute damage formulas so base ammunition used matters more with ws damage so it follows more in line with rangers where giltossing on ammo = significantly more damage.

having everyone /rng for cor to get recycle would be terrible since the one thing cor has going for it is that its not locked down into a single subjob right now.
 Leviathan.Suljin
By Leviathan.Suljin 2013-03-26 16:00:15  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

I do pair it with hammermill. My melee frame is so cramped I don't have room for tact processor. Are we certain though, that tact processor effects shield bash? Idk man, it seems that combo does slow it down as a hidden detrimental effect >_<.

I can try to find the post but that would take a while. I do know that when they revamped the effects of armor plate, they also gave some info on different attachments people still weren't sure of. Tac processor was one of them. Basically the auto periodically checks its surroundings to determine what to do next, and this attachment increases the frequency of those checks. Since its an ability, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be effected (other than the mob not casting/using abilities).

Edit: didn't take as much searching as I thought: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/11567-ATTN-Community-Reps-Dev-Team-PUPs-of-Vanadiel-DEMAND-a-response-on-Automaton-A.I.!?p=163250&viewfull=1#post163250

post 257, page 26? (not sure why link didn't work completely)
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 16:03:21  
No No, I used tact processor a lot. I know what it does. I just wasn't sure it extended to shield bash recast.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 16:04:35  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

I'd rather have them adjust wildfire+leaden salute damage formulas so base ammunition used matters more with ws damage so it follows more in line with rangers where giltossing on ammo = significantly more damage.

having everyone /rng for cor to get recycle would be terrible since the one thing cor has going for it is that its not locked down into a single subjob right now.

yet /rng kills your WF dmg and wouldn't do a ton for last stand compared to other subs, so I'm sure it's still going to be /rdm, /war, /sch, or /sam anyways.
 Sylph.Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-26 16:08:44  
I certainly don't want to sub RNG at all, I just like shooting my gun and adding recycle would help save some gil. Im sure it would never get as many tiers as RNGs, and thats fine...but its not like CORs don't also spend a shitton on ammo too.

Orichalcum bullets do effect WF dmg dont they? They have the matk+2 on em
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-26 16:12:34  
I certainly don't want to sub RNG at all, I just like shooting my gun and adding recycle would help save some gil. Im sure it would never get as many tiers as RNGs, and thats fine...but its not like CORs don't also spend a shitton on ammo too.

They do because of the MAB. Aren't they also the highest dmg bullets cor can use anyways?
 Sylph.Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-26 16:14:49  

They do because of the MAB. Aren't they also the highest dmg bullets cor can use anyways?

They certainly are, and they are fairly rare-ish on Sylph...being synergy and all. I just think that when they do add Recycle as a JT for RNG, it might be smart to give CORs a bit of love as well. It effects RNGs much more

And while im thinking about it, they really should've given Triple Short to RNG and Bounty Shot to COR...Bounty Shot seems much more like a COR thing to have...this is neither here nor there though, just thinking aloud
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-03-26 16:15:14  

Yeah that extra mab helps but its so weak still.
Always hoped for a craftable option above and beyond an akvan bullet that would be the 'adaman bullet' for corsairs.
 Sylph.Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-26 16:16:24  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Yeah that extra mab helps but its so weak still.
Always hoped for a craftable option above and beyond an akvan bullet that would be the 'adaman bullet' for corsairs.

Hope springs eternal in Adoulin...
 Ragnarok.Taereon
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2013-03-26 16:16:35  
Give COR a recycle roll.
 Leviathan.Suljin
By Leviathan.Suljin 2013-03-26 16:18:04  
No No, I used tact processor a lot. I know what it does. I just wasn't sure it extended to shield bash recast.

Oh sorry! Missunderstood.

No proof, but I really would be shocked since I notice with processor on poppo uses TP sooner, flashes almost as soon as its ready, and same as vokes. I can't say for certain but I have faith it does work with bash. =D You thik we'll get any new cool attachments? I'm hoping we do
 Sylph.Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-26 16:18:24  
Ragnarok.Taereon said: »
Give COR a recycle roll.

Honestly though, when would you use it? If you have a party of RNGs and/or CORs, you'd prob still use Chaos and Hunters for low acc situations or Chaos and Coursers for high acc situations.

I feel like a Recycle Roll would be about as useful as Choral Roll
 Sylph.Silvra
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-03-26 16:19:17  
Holy ***is RNG getting a decent update?! WOW!!!! Also I must say RNG getting an update to Recycle/Scavenge is an even bigger *** to RDMs! That update will make RNG even more playable, while RDM probably will need an update to stay relevant. Speculations are Speculations though. And hey its nice to see SE remembering PUPs, considering they were a forgettable job for how long. I am very curious about the enmity update. I think we all see though a code mixup happening and Cure V suddenly capping CE/VE after one cast until an emergency maintenance.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14