Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 188 189 190
By Bursto 2016-04-15 01:15:18  
I think it was fixed during ambuscade adjustment. I am also getting 50 additional seconds now.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-15 02:56:06  
All is well what ends well then I guess.
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-18 17:20:41  
Based on some experiences recently I'd say that an Aettir RUN is capable of tanking Albumen.

Our group has found that two RUN is very effective in high level content as it provides backup in the event of one RUN dying and because it enables a lot of uses of Rayke and Gambit - which means you do not have to stagger Death casts.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-04-18 18:32:25  
reading through some of the recent posts, i find it interesting that people decide for the INT boost for the magic evasion. i went for VIT myself just because that seems to be boosting the weakest point of rune. i feel that if your looking at making the best overall tank, both pld and rune need to try to be like the other one sadly, rune trying to get extra physical defense and pld more magic defense/evasion. someone will argue to bring the proper tank for whatever mob you are fighting. but if you only have one option it seems like that would be logical. anywho, on Ogma's i went with Vit, eva/meva and enmity+
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-18 18:39:43  
Bismarck.Cloudxi said: »
reading through some of the recent posts, i find it interesting that people decide for the INT boost for the magic evasion. i went for VIT myself just because that seems to be boosting the weakest point of rune. i feel that if your looking at making the best overall tank, both pld and rune need to try to be like the other one sadly, rune trying to get extra physical defense and pld more magic defense/evasion. someone will argue to bring the proper tank for whatever mob you are fighting. but if you only have one option it seems like that would be logical. anywho, on Ogma's i went with Vit, eva/meva and enmity+

I've been thinking heavily about going VIT whenever I get to augmenting my cloak myself. And for these same reasons. Not sure if VIT got changed to be 75% -> DEF but even still the extra defense and VIT will help us patch up our biggest weakness as a tank.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-18 19:00:16  
I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that INT does more to Magical stuff than VIT does to physical stuff.

Plus, even though I reckon it's a highly subjective thing, if I'm fighting a particularly dangerous NM for physical damage, I'm unlikely to tank it on RUN to begin with.

I've been leaning to VIT myself initially, but now I think I'm gonna go the INT/Meva/Enmity path.

Anyway, don't forget other capes exist for different situations.
I don't see them often and I have no inventory space to create 20000 different sets for every possible niche situation, but if you're THAT dedicated to RUN you're gonna need a set for when you can't engage the enemy (pulling, supertanking, backtanking etc).
In such situations you cannot benefit from parry and, as such, not even from Inquartata as well.
In these scenarios there are better options than Ogma's cape.
Kirin v2 cape for instance, or even an old JSE cape, which opens up different options for the other slots.

I'd love to say dualwielding Flyssa too, but as much as I love that style of tanking I think the augments on Aettir kinda killed it.
That MEVA bonus (and the PDT2) is way too good to give up in the majority of situations, even if you're not engaged.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-18 19:43:07  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that INT does more to Magical stuff than VIT does to physical stuff.

Plus, even though I reckon it's a highly subjective thing, if I'm fighting a particularly dangerous NM for physical damage, I'm unlikely to tank it on RUN to begin with.

I've been leaning to VIT myself initially, but now I think I'm gonna go the INT/Meva/Enmity path.

Anyway, don't forget other capes exist for different situations.
I don't see them often and I have no inventory space to create 20000 different sets for every possible niche situation, but if you're THAT dedicated to RUN you're gonna need a set for when you can't engage the enemy (pulling, supertanking, backtanking etc).
In such situations you cannot benefit from parry and, as such, not even from Inquartata as well.
In these scenarios there are better options than Ogma's cape.
Kirin v2 cape for instance, or even an old JSE cape, which opens up different options for the other slots.

I'd love to say dualwielding Flyssa too, but as much as I love that style of tanking I think the augments on Aettir kinda killed it.
That MEVA bonus (and the PDT2) is way too good to give up in the majority of situations, even if you're not engaged.

Can you point me towards an NM that is so dangerous magically we'd need INT+20 on the cape that isn't dangerous physically?
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-18 20:28:06  
I think the answer is to put HP+60 on it and be done with it. I now have 3200 or so HP when tanking in Escha/Reisenjima. Sure, I have a difference between my current and max HP whenever I cast a spell but the difference is not too significant and I can just Pulse the deficit away immediately. I'm also suggesting Fast Cast+10% as the third slot because it lets you drop another merit out of Inspiration and putting it into Rayke or Battuta.

Having 3000+ HP is crucial for endgame tanking as some HNM have moves capable of one-shotting people, like Disgorge from the Sandworm, Clarach Call from Teles or pretty much anything Vinipata will throw at you.
[+]
 Sylph.Ykfan
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2016-04-18 21:21:57  
Ruaumoko said: »
Based on some experiences recently I'd say that an Aettir RUN is capable of tanking Albumen.

Our group has found that two RUN is very effective in high level content as it provides backup in the event of one RUN dying and because it enables a lot of uses of Rayke and Gambit - which means you do not have to stagger Death casts.
My group only uses one tank. Albumen is not that hard on tanking. The only annoying part is that -75% max HP move.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-19 01:12:30  
Sure, I have a difference between my current and max HP whenever I cast a spell but the difference is not too significant and I can just Pulse the deficit away immediately.
Aside from the fact that Pulse has a one minute recast, sure. Two regen tics on the other hand can potentially cover up to a ~200 HP difference in sets with a good WHM or SCH backing you up, about half that from self Regen IV if you've got some regen potency gear.

That also leads into the point that an HP/FC back helps maintain that higher max HP value across different sets. Add an HP/enmity+ back (Reiki, Agema, Fravashi) and you can cover most sets relevant to high clevel content.

As far as VIT goes, monster damage has always been a weak point in our understanding of the game. It's difficult to accurately *** the defensive benefit of 20 VIT.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-19 01:43:10  
Sylph.Ykfan said: »
My group only uses one tank. Albumen is not that hard on tanking. The only annoying part is that -75% max HP move.
Yeah and when that happens during a hundred fists while your WHM is midcasting and your cooldowns are not up... yeah, it's very annoying :P
By FaeQueenCory 2016-04-19 01:52:04  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

I've been thinking heavily about going VIT whenever I get to augmenting my cloak myself. And for these same reasons. Not sure if VIT got changed to be 75% -> DEF but even still the extra defense and VIT will help us patch up our biggest weakness as a tank.
It's still 2:1.

And I'm surprised that people haven't argued AGI more. Since not only does that increase evasion by 10 (2:1 again) but also reduces enemy crit rate.

IMO, VIT/AGI are best, then HP (cause it's generically universally relevant), then INT.
Why I say INT is the least of these three... Is because RUN is already rolling in massive values of Meva that the Meva (and slight damage reduction) are kinda overkill/moot.
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-19 03:36:32  
Sylph.Ykfan said: »

I think it was down to two things that made us take two RUN to Albumen in the end. The first was that our tank (not me, was on GEO) was constantly miss-timing Flash to get hate back after Petalback Spin, which made Albumen go to the back line and do another TP move that absolutely tanked BLM DPS and because we were encountering time-out issues due to not enough damage.

We decided to bring two RUN and it enabled our BLM to do x3 Death in one burst consistently because Rayke and Gambit cut this penalty nicely.

RUN #1: Rayke.
RUN #2: Gambit.
(Skillchain / Burst)
RUN #1: Gambit.
RUN #2: Rayke
(Skillchain / Burst)
COR: Random Deal.
Repeat.
COR: Wild Card.
Repeat.
Super Revitalizer if it is still standing after.

It's really effective. We will probably do the same thing to Vinipata and perhaps Schah.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-04-19 05:00:38  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

It's still 2:1.

And I'm surprised that people haven't argued AGI more. Since not only does that increase evasion by 10 (2:1 again) but also reduces enemy crit rate.

IMO, VIT/AGI are best, then HP (cause it's generically universally relevant), then INT.
Why I say INT is the least of these three... Is because RUN is already rolling in massive values of Meva that the Meva (and slight damage reduction) are kinda overkill/moot.
my idea against agi is that on most high lvl mobs, you arnt evading anyway, but your getting hit. figured put my augs in the most obvious area (in my opinion) that will kick in the most. I'm also currently rocking pdt-75 and love to see the 0's lol
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-19 05:15:34  
I think the answer is to put HP+60 on it and be done with it. I now have 3200 or so HP when tanking in Escha/Reisenjima. Sure, I have a difference between my current and max HP whenever I cast a spell but the difference is not too significant and I can just Pulse the deficit away immediately. I'm also suggesting Fast Cast+10% as the third slot because it lets you drop another merit out of Inspiration and putting it into Rayke or Battuta.

Having 3000+ HP is crucial for endgame tanking as some HNM have moves capable of one-shotting people, like Disgorge from the Sandworm, Clarach Call from Teles or pretty much anything Vinipata will throw at you.

Just curious, do you mind sharing your tanking, casting and enmity set that maintained 3000+ HP? Thanks.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-19 06:16:06  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Just curious, do you mind sharing your tanking, casting and enmity set that maintained 3000+ HP? Thanks.
Sure. This is the build I use for general tanking in Escha/Reisenjima. Herculean Gloves have Damage Taken -3% on them so the set comes out at -55% exactly with Physical Damage Taken -19% and Damage Taken -36% in it. You also have to factor in HP Vorseals, HP+ from BLU sub and Miso Ramen +1. I only have x8 HP/MP Vorseals and am close to the 9th, so the HP here will only get higher.
ItemSet 341915

Here is a screenshot proving the 3000+ HP claim.

This is Fast Cast, specifically for Foil / Stoneskin / Blink etc.
ItemSet 343286

This is enmity.
ItemSet 343285

I am left with 2951 HP after casting a spell, but that figure quickly regenerates through Regen IV or a random Cure III that might come my way.

Edit: Oh damn, just realized that I'm getting -3% Damage Taken from Vorseals. I can probably take the Refined Grip out for Balarama Grip. More HP, Parrying skill and some Enmity.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-24 19:46:55  
Well if anyone's curious, Wild Carrot sucks. <.< 365 HP recovered with 42% cure potency and capped cure received. lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-24 19:59:57  
It's basically just pre-buff cure III for less MP, so yeah. Reasonably MP-efficient but not terribly potent.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-24 20:56:22  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Well if anyone's curious, Wild Carrot sucks. <.< 365 HP recovered with 42% cure potency and capped cure received. lol

What did you expect <.<

One of our super RUN's has a build for it with a ton of cure pot and cure pot received, he gets a little over 400 on himself. It's a good enough self heal for hate.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2016-04-24 21:31:42  
Speaking of BLU/RUN, how does one add blue magic mapping to a RUN lua. I tried adding it using the method I've seen done in my own BLU lua, but it doesn't go into midcast when I cast a blue magic spell.

RUN.lua (ignore the ugliness of it all)
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-04-24 23:15:02  
The only issues I notice are that your "sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Buffs" should be "sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Buff" and your enmity set points to sets.Enmity instead of sets.enmity. I'd expect the cure to work, but if it doesn't I'll take a closer look.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2016-04-24 23:43:41  
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
The only issues I notice are that your "sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Buffs" should be "sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Buff" and your enmity set points to sets.Enmity instead of sets.enmity. I'd expect the cure to work, but if it doesn't I'll take a closer look.

That was it! Fixed the typos, and it worked like a charm. Thank you!
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-04-26 11:55:29  
Does anyone have an updated TP/WS set? Thanks
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-04-27 05:02:17  
This is my TP Set Based off my BLU TP set:
ItemSet 338397

Adhemar Path B for Acc
Herc boots have Acc20, Attack20, TA+4
Near Perfect Tights
My Cape has DA+3

This set gives me roughly 1080Acc with only 145JP on RUN.

Can replace Ammo with Ginsen for more STP (not done maths for x hit build) And Petrov or Epona's with Cacoethic Ring or HQ.

I use similar sets for WS. For Resolution I have Fotia Belt and Gorget and use the STR8, Attack 10 Cape (name Escapes me).

For Dimidation I have Caro Necklace, Jukkik Feather, DEX Cape, Artful Belt and use Rajas Ring + Petrov and some Herc Boots with +14 DEX, 21 Acc and 14 Attack and Crit Hit Rate +1.

I am currently working out if Lustrio gear is any good for WS.
Edit: Grunfeld Rope maybe better for Dimidation.
By Damane 2016-04-27 09:27:54  
while that high HP set looks nice, i dont see the need for it. I have found to maintan cap PDT/MDT in mix with resistance ailment set to be much more helpfull and effective. Especially when it comes to stuff that tends to amnesia alot.
 Bismarck.Roundelk
user: Roundelk
By Bismarck.Roundelk 2016-04-27 10:23:45  
I would say Epeolatry RUN doesn't need such a large HP pool while an Aettir RUN might, also a Ogma's cape augment of INT and Eva./M.Eva will probably help a Epeolatry RUN more than an Aettir RUN who would go for HP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-27 12:31:51  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Wouldn't it be better to build a tanking set around the Erilaz Surcoat +1 instead of the Futhark Coat +1? More HP, magic evasion, and has enmity retention with what I assume is a higher chance (1% per piece?) of absorbing damage?

I mean I see a lot of people all showing their sets for tanking in that coat instead of Surcoat.

I think they use furthark because enmity really isn't an issue on high lv target with blm setup. You don't need that much enmity and should be able to keep hate off blm still.

Additionally, the extra dt- fron furthark means more slot for hp+, status resist, dt- against breath and so on.

I would still use surcoat most of the time though.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-27 13:38:57  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Wouldn't it be better to build a tanking set around the Erilaz Surcoat +1 instead of the Futhark Coat +1? More HP, magic evasion, and has enmity retention with what I assume is a higher chance (1% per piece?) of absorbing damage?

I mean I see a lot of people all showing their sets for tanking in that coat instead of Surcoat.
It's all a balancing act of hitting 50% PDT one way or another, and then what bonuses do you want after you hit that. I'm sure most of us who have everything we could want will adjust it to better suit certain enemies. And yeah, it's 1% per piece of Erilaz.

edit: In Escha, it's worth keeping track of your DT vorseals, since that can net you up to 6%, allowing for more versatility in your sets.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 188 189 190