Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 188 189 190
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-27 14:29:27  
blistering sallet +1 is worth mentioning for a PDT/HP build. Little low on meva, but otherwise a great piece that's flown under the radar in recent discussions.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-04-27 19:55:30  
Geez, I check the thread periodically and each time I see new suggestions for pushing RUN farther. Hat tips to all because I wouldn't have thought of half the suggestions on here.

Anywho, personally I've been fidgeting with a +parry/counter build when /nin tanking. Sadly I haven't gotten much use out of RUN lately due to LS needing my Pally.

ItemSet 342986
Herc. head: AGI+15 Acc+32 Att+21 counter +2%
Herc. Hands: DEX+15 Acc+30 Att+27 counter+3%

I'm currently sitting at about 10% counter with my +parry where I can fit it in. Viable? Or am I wasting my time?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-27 22:05:38  
The problem with counter and parry is that they don't scale well on content where you actually want a tank. Counter has an accuracy check, so in a set like that your 10% counter rate might only proc 2% of the time. Parrying... my first question would be whether or not we're floored on parry rate before +skill gear. Admittedly haven't parsed for parry rate on higher level mobs. On lesser content you could maybe make a case for it, but 130+? I'm not so sure about that, and parrying skill is hard to come by in the first place. You're basically limited to Balarama Grip, Combatant's/Maskirova Torque, and Futhark Boots/+1. Hence the value of Inquartata+ gear, akin to PLD and block+ gear.

Martel might be able to offer more refined insight with regards to parrying - he's done quite a bit of testing on parry and block mechanics over the years, and it's a topic on which I'm still pretty rusty with regards to the underlying mechanics.
 Sylph.Ykfan
user: Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2016-04-27 22:24:55  
Which 3 runes to use when tanking Schah?

I read the blog of Two Man Cell. Fire + Water + Light combo is recommended for the first part of the fight but I don't really understand why.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-04-27 22:25:25  
OK. No biggie. I really don't get to use RUN on anything higher than maybe 124~125. The few times I get to use it on say Resen T1's and Ru'an T2's I'm simply a Gambit and Rayke *** so riding Batuta pretty much covers any fights that last longer than 2.5 minutes...

If I'm solo w/ trusts it's probably not an NM that can kill me unless something goes horribly wrong. But what does an Accuracy check have to do with a proc? Miss or hit, it's a hit mitigated no?

Again, if I'm fighting something THAT high, more than likely my LS will make me go Pally for tanking. :(

I love playing Rune Fencer, I really do but... Honestly these days I barely get to use it so I'm stuck sitting in jeuno in my pink jacket twiddling my thumbs...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-27 22:28:21  
Whiffing a counter means you eat the original hit, as if counter hadn't proc'd in the first place.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-04-27 22:30:20  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Whiffing a counter means you eat the original hit, as if counter hadn't proc'd in the first place.

Not fair!

Edit: Well, if I can't do a counter build I'll just make that DT set I've been meaning to build. le sigh... Time to go stone hunting...

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-04-27 22:44:42  
The problem with counter and parry is that they don't scale well on content where you actually want a tank. Counter has an accuracy check, so in a set like that your 10% counter rate might only proc 2% of the time. Parrying... my first question would be whether or not we're floored on parry rate before +skill gear. Admittedly haven't parsed for parry rate on higher level mobs. On lesser content you could maybe make a case for it, but 130+? I'm not so sure about that, and parrying skill is hard to come by in the first place. You're basically limited to Balarama Grip, Combatant's/Maskirova Torque, and Futhark Boots/+1. Hence the value of Inquartata+ gear, akin to PLD and block+ gear.

Martel might be able to offer more refined insight with regards to parrying - he's done quite a bit of testing on parry and block mechanics over the years, and it's a topic on which I'm still pretty rusty with regards to the underlying mechanics.
I have been summoned!

Man. I think the last time I did parry testing might have been my original Battuta testing. There needs to be more of that. And foil testing.... numbers man! I want numbers!

But anyway, Parry skill... we never did get a skill to parry % value. but I can only imagine it's tiny. I can't see gearing for parry being of any value on ilvl content(even lower ilevel)

I may have to do some more parry testing at some point though.

RUN's parry benefits come from Inquartata(and it's +gear) and Battuta. Inquartata is valuable because it doesn't get pushed below the parry floor. Meaning if you're, skill wise, way below 5% parry, Inquartata still starts from the 5% and goes up. it doesn't have to catch up first. I assume Battuta works the same way, but I don't actually know for sure.

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
If parry scales poorly is there a reason to wear Ogma's cape on 135+ then just for the magic evasion? I mean you can work some DT in there or something.
Refer to the above. Ogma's is good stuffs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-04-27 22:47:12  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Not fair!
What used to be really hax, is that counters could be shield blocked, and a blocked counter acted like it missed. So the PLD's hit just went through. Ochain was immune to counter.

Till they ninja nerfed it. Was a sad sad update. Now counters chew on PLDs just like everyone else.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-27 22:57:09  
^With regards to Inquartata, I mentioned this a couple pages back but our baseline parry rate breaks down as follows:

-5% floor
-13% trait
-up to 8% from gifts
-2% for each Inquartata+1 from gear, up to a current maximum of +5 (2 from legs, 3 from back) for 10% total

That puts RUN at 36% minimum parry rate with all gifts and gear. 6% parry rate increase from Ogma's Cape is a nearly 10% reduction in physical damage, quite a bit more if Battuta is active. It's a really good piece.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-28 01:41:40  
Still leaves things we can't parry. Like Pakecet or something.
You can parry physical AoE auto attacks (and TP moves for that matter). You just get an evasion message instead of a parry message.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-28 02:19:00  
Sylph.Ykfan said: »

I read the blog of Two Man Cell. Fire + Water + Light combo is recommended for the first part of the fight but I don't really understand why.
I would do a Ignis/Unda/Lux Valiance/Pflug before the fight and immediately switch to Sulpor to use with Rayke and Gambit to speed up the kills on the 'pieces'.
 Sylph.Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2016-04-28 04:36:04  
Ruaumoko said: »

I would do a Ignis/Unda/Lux Valiance/Pflug before the fight and immediately switch to Sulpor to use with Rayke and Gambit to speed up the kills on the 'pieces'.
So the combo is recommended because it works lol
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-04-28 06:14:23  
Regarding the set at the end of page 90, if going for HP in the ammo slot, wouldn't Charitoni Sling or Egoist's Tathlum be superior to Aqreqaq Bomblet?

The sling has VIT, a bit more HP but one less Enmity.
The tathlum has a lot more HP but -2 INT.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-28 06:37:56  
RUN isn't on the tathlum.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-04-28 06:49:29  
I figured it would get shot down for having -2 INT, but that is a much more obvious reason. Ha! >.>;
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-28 07:04:19  

Truth-be-told nothing really 'works' or is 'recommended' in the fight against Schah as both he and his adds do not favor one specific element, they cover the entire elemental spectrum. It's therefore only logical to defend somewhat against Blizzard/Fire/Darkness (Thunder you can shrug off with a barspell) as those pose the greatest but not all of the danger. All of Schah's moves and moreso the danger posed by his adds will hit you mercilessly hard and you're at the mercy of two very competent healers no matter what you do. I do however advise x3 Tenebrae once the adds are dead as you will be needed to Rayke and Gambit on Death bursts, Tenebrae also gives you a chance of resisting the Charm effect on Enthrall if it goes off.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-04-28 17:25:53  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Still leaves things we can't parry. Like Pakecet or something.
You can parry physical AoE auto attacks (and TP moves for that matter). You just get an evasion message instead of a parry message.

That,, is good to know.

Ty.
does that also work on things like ironclads? where every move is a tp move?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-28 17:33:06  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
You can parry physical AoE auto attacks
It's the same thing.
 Sylph.Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2016-04-28 21:49:41  

Truth-be-told nothing really 'works' or is 'recommended' in the fight against Schah as both he and his adds do not favor one specific element, they cover the entire elemental spectrum. It's therefore only logical to defend somewhat against Blizzard/Fire/Darkness (Thunder you can shrug off with a barspell) as those pose the greatest but not all of the danger. All of Schah's moves and moreso the danger posed by his adds will hit you mercilessly hard and you're at the mercy of two very competent healers no matter what you do. I do however advise x3 Tenebrae once the adds are dead as you will be needed to Rayke and Gambit on Death bursts, Tenebrae also gives you a chance of resisting the Charm effect on Enthrall if it goes off.
Thank you for your reply. It is a really stressful fight, for every job.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mystery
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Thps
By Quetzalcoatl.Mystery 2016-04-28 22:50:28  
Done a little bit of searching but haven't found a decent list of which pieces of the RAE gear is worth grabbing for a new RUN.

It all seems to have a niche use, any I can completely skip over?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-29 00:16:56  
Probably not many. I regularly still use 4/5 Empyrean+1 for set bonus, and the 5th is a macro piece.

Relic head is for phalanx, AF head is for regen duration (guess that's kinda skippable).

Relic body is for DT, AF body is for magic resist/refresh/val-duration.

AF hands are for gambit, relic for swordplay.

Relic legs are for enhancing duration, AF legs for status resist and divine skill.

Relic feet are for Rayke, AF feet for pflug.

So if you're into min/max every single piece of our JSE is useful. The curse of having your JSE created in more recent times.
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-04-29 00:41:12  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Probably not many. I regularly still use 4/5 Empyrean+1 for set bonus, and the 5th is a macro piece.

Relic head is for phalanx, AF head is for regen duration (guess that's kinda skippable).

Relic body is for DT, AF body is for magic resist/refresh/val-duration.

AF hands are for gambit, relic for swordplay.

Relic legs are for enhancing duration, AF legs for status resist and divine skill.

Relic feet are for Rayke, AF feet for pflug.

So if you're into min/max every single piece of our JSE is useful. The curse of having your JSE created in more recent times.
futhark legs are a must have, the casting time- is amazing to have to avoid interruptions.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-29 11:20:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Mystery said: »
Done a little bit of searching but haven't found a decent list of which pieces of the RAE gear is worth grabbing for a new RUN.

It all seems to have a niche use, any I can completely skip over?
Relic hands are pretty insignificant. You can skip the AF head if you already have a good Fast Cast head (like Carmine).

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2016-04-29 12:59:08  
Floppy,

Mine does not use Mote if that matters to you, but has functionality like that build into it. I can put it up on the main page when I get home, as well as the DD sets. I've been meaning to update it for a while but IRL keeps getting in the way...
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 188 189 190