フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » NNI - how my group wins on Odin
NNI - how my group wins on Odin
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-05-17 14:26:33  
Congrats! Floor 80 I assume, ya? We had DDs each stand apart from one another, so the four actually encircled the boss. If you guys have them, you should be popping your Fanatics Drinks on the boss. It turns charm into a loss of damage instead of a necessary crowd-control situation.
 Siren.Kiyara
サーバ: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2013-05-17 17:36:18  
Yeah Floor 80 wins. I wish 100. Still not capable of doing 100. Our average is still 12 floors which is too low for 100. Works for 80 unless you get horrible jumps. We always use fanatic's drink on final boss floor. At least I finally got my Thaumas Coat. 6/26 win record.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-18 19:04:06  
Siren.Kiyara said: »
Finally got 2 wins a row with slightly above average jumps than normal. Almost lost to boss on final floor of 2nd run with 1 min remaining when he killed 4 people because of a bad charm. Need to tell DDs to stand apart from each other so charm can only hit 1 person. Also need to bring holy waters as well lol.

Keep a circle around bosses. The charm from Vampyr is only a cone.

Edit: This goes for Doom as well so keep Holy waters on you.
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-05-18 19:30:34  
People should be using meds in general. I understand wanting to use Panacea sparingly but everything else like remedys should be common place. That also goes along with not subbing dance as a heavy DD just so you save cash on S/I. Is there honestly a reason not to carry holy waters? There is none outside of not noticing you ran low/out, which happens.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-05-18 19:38:37  
Asura.Thannatos said: »
I'd like to see four SAMs on a custard.
With the merit weaponskill adjustments I'd definitely keep 1 in requiescat if I didn't have Murasamemaru

@Rezwobwastaken
Yeah, RNG is always a factor and I wouldn't deny that. Before the adjustment with my original group we once had cleared 22 floors and still never reached 100. Luck is Lucky.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-18 19:44:47  
Shiva.Paulu said: »
With the merit weaponskill adjustments I'd definitely keep 1 in requiescat if I didn't have Murasamemaru

@Rezwobwastaken
Yeah, RNG is always a factor and I wouldn't deny that. Before the adjustment with my original group we once had cleared 22 floors and still never reached 100. Luck is Lucky.

It really depends what type of Custard you're fighting and floor. Some versions can be took down by a Fudo SC. 1 of them has an extreme PDT factor.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Thannatos
サーバ: Asura
user: Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-05-19 16:49:46  
Shiva.Paulu said: »

Or maybe just bring a War with Tomahawk?
サーバ: Odin
user: Cakex
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 00:50:36  
OK SO I HAVENT BEEN BACK TO THIS THREAD SINCE I STARTED IT ILL REHASH SOME OF THIS......

some of the groups saying they are failing are your DD's Skill chaining together?

WAR's Ukko Ukko Light
SAM's Fudo Fudo Light

It will double the damage output i promise...

A Floor 85+ Run is Still a "Good Run" we dont win 100% of the time
right now our Succes rate is about 30% - 50%

Also like i said with a BRD and you run into "Cardaman Custard" and your prolly screwed unless your DD's have magic BLUs or DRKs or maybe a WAR's TomoHawk

ALSO A "CORSAIR" CAN HAVE PRETTY MEDIOCRE GEAR (BRDs NEED ALOT OF GOOD GEAR TO MAKE SONGS LAST LONGER)

WE are Still Winning SCH COR 4x 85 Masamune SAM and Sometimes i take my Alternate now we run 2x 85 Masamune SAM 2x Ukko WAR (One is 99 Coin other is my 85 Ukon) and we still can SC light together

This isnt a good Idea though on Boss Floor 60 (SC's Heal Him)

Always look at how your DD's can work together try to keep two together....

get a stable group that has Skype Vent Mumble

If you reached over floor 80 with a group you prolly need to keep working with them

(We didnt start off winnning we worked at it)

I CANT STRESS TRYING A COR ENOUGH ITS SAVED OUR RUNS SEVERAL TIMES

COR/WHM - Just helps so much
and they're buffs last like 7 minutes VS a BRD's 3 minute song thats every floor you have ot re-apply
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 00:52:37  
YES its Cardaman Custard and yes TomoHawk does work i did it on WAR the other Night and we ran him over

But a COR + SCH can Kill him easy

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 02:30:19  
Think you missed the point it needs to be a good BRD .....Doesnt have to be a good COR

It can be a pretty crappy COR and still get the job done rolls last 7 minutes just with merits.... i just dont like re-applying every floor jump with a BRD

Never said it cant be done with a BRD but if you dont have a good BRD try a COR --- makes it alot easier with Custards

Cure's, Haste's, Silena, Viruna, Paralyna

we have yet to get a good Daurdabla or G. Horn BRD. they dont just fall from the sky (if we did then it might be different)

(Daurdabla i think adds like 25% to Song Duration)

There is so much gear that increases Song Duration too not sure what cap is or the lenth of of March or minuet at the capped Duration but a COR just needs Merits lol

COR seems to be pretty popular and they dont even have to be good lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-21 02:33:03  
cor doesn't offer haste, you're just babbling to yourself about a bunch of irrelevant garbage, it's nowhere near as much damage increase as brd

requiring a brd to pick up a bit of fast cast gear to get marches is not unreasonable

you can 4man with drk drk brd sch and delve weapons
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 02:35:34  
i bet you can and if you look at my setup i said /WHM on the COR lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-21 02:36:35  
cor doesn't offer haste buffs that allow your melee to cap magical haste, which makes them a garbage buff job in comparison

cor complements brd, it doesn't replace it with any efficiency

i was not talking about the haste spell, sorry
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 02:37:27  
lol and i dont know what you would do with a BRD if you ran into Cardaman Custard -> Exit if your SCH cant solo it ?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-21 02:38:10  
2 good dd drop it in less than 3 minutes, there's more than enough leeway

you worry way too much about the wrong things(or you underestimate melee because you don't give yours haste buffs)
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-21 02:40:29  
Odin.Kingdinguhling said: »
lol and i dont know what you would do with a BRD if you ran into Cardaman Custard -> Exit if your SCH cant solo it ?

A sam spamming SC can easily take him down. A Sam can chain 2 lights in a row with a Kozen Kasha and a Fudo. The 2nd Light from the chain will be boosted.
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 02:41:45  
lol dont think so bud that thing would end a run even with 4x Delve weapons you have no clue what your talking about Cardaman Custard is 95% PDT ----
do some research then come back i aint gonna argue with you oif you dont know what your talking about
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-21 02:42:14  
one second

[18:38:08]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 1.
[18:38:09]Objective: Eliminate enemy leader.
[18:38:37]Comeatmebro hits the Cardamom Custard for 79 points of damage. < first hit
[18:40:18]SPECIALCODEx1F>’Floor 1 objective complete. Rune of Transfer activated.

DRK MNK, brd buffs, no nuking

[21:24:56]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 87.
[21:24:56]Objective: Eliminate enemy leader.
[21:26:07]Comeatmebro hits the Cardamom Custard for 86 points of damage. < first hit
[21:27:48]SPECIALCODEx1F>’Floor 87 objective complete. Rune of Transfer activated.

DRK MNK, brd buffs, no nuking

[21:27:12]Comeatmebro uses Resolution.
[21:27:12]The Cardamom Custard takes 1006 points of damage.

seems to have 75-80% PDT, but most NMs die in seconds so it doesn't really matter
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 02:44:15  
4x Masamune SAM is our winning setup so i dont beleive your 2 SAMs can kill it either ...... and he has Ended our Runs on like floor 26 you really dont know what your talking about
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 02:46:32  
we where hitting him for between 15-30 damage last night our SCH and COR took him down (this was last night)

only other way we have killed it was WAR's Tomohawk
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-21 02:46:47  
4x Masamune SAM is our winning setup so i dont beleive your 2 SAMs can kill it either ...... and he has Ended our Runs on like floor 26 you really dont know what your talking about

I 1 shot alot of things below floor 60 as a Masa 90 Sam. You shouldn't have that problem at all.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-21 02:47:55  
we where hitting him for between 15-30 damage last night our SCH and COR took him down (this was last night)

only other way we have killed it was WAR's Tomohawk
this is because your dd are bad(and your buffs)(and you probably don't dia)(do you even use hydra koftes)(stop giving people stupid advice and making things sound harder than they are)
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 02:52:17  
everyone should be pro like you lol
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-21 02:52:36  
An NM that pops up in the minority of runs doesn't make COR necessary to NNI.

Perhaps you should stop bringing a Masa SAM army?

Edit: To elaborate a bit more, the fun aspect about NNI is that it promotes a decent amount of party diversity in that it helps to include some jobs that can contribute more than just pure physical DD. Yeah, COR can add that, but it's a bit narrow-minded to think that makes COR a necessity when, like was said, BRD brings much more to the table.
[+]
By Afania 2013-05-21 02:53:13  
Think you missed the point it needs to be a good BRD .....Doesnt have to be a good COR

It can be a pretty crappy COR and still get the job done rolls last 7 minutes just with merits.... i just dont like re-applying every floor jump with a BRD

Never said it cant be done with a BRD but if you dont have a good BRD try a COR --- makes it alot easier with Custards

Cure's, Haste's, Silena, Viruna, Paralyna

we have yet to get a good Daurdabla or G. Horn BRD. they dont just fall from the sky (if we did then it might be different)

(Daurdabla i think adds like 25% to Song Duration)

There is so much gear that increases Song Duration too not sure what cap is or the lenth of of March or minuet at the capped Duration but a COR just needs Merits lol

COR seems to be pretty popular and they dont even have to be good lol

I think you should go read what songs and Daurdable do.......takes 5 min to read and doesn't have to be pro at it.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-21 03:00:54  
My group has been making 80 floors with over 10 mins+. Can easily define of making 100. We have a brd yes but not super geared with no Ghorn/Daub.

No Delve weapon DD but we work together really good.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-21 03:06:55  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
An NM that pops up in the minority of runs doesn't make COR necessary to NNI.

Perhaps you should stop bringing a Masa SAM army?

Edit: To elaborate a bit more, the fun aspect about NNI is that it promotes a decent amount of party diversity in that it helps to include some jobs that can contribute more than just pure physical DD. Yeah, COR can add that, but it's a bit narrow-minded to think that makes COR a necessity when, like was said, BRD brings much more to the table.

Exactly. NNI is about speed not major power. Brd can eat all the adds up and double march. Keep all the gears off you and mobs you got no reason to fight with. It's how we do it anyway, brd runs with us while Sch camps rune. Been working very good for us.
By Odin.Kingdinguhling 2013-05-21 03:17:29  
Never said COR was a neccesity I said we can do it with a AH geared COR not a AH geared BRD or Abyssea burned Singing skill

NEVER SAID IT "CAN'T" BE DONE WITH A BRD

and i think i was pretty accurate on what Daurdabla does lol
+25% to song Duration
adds addition song
Can precast for additional Song effect

But I also said we dont need a Armegeddon COR to get the job done lol

and if your 4 manning your prolly using mod's (Cheating)
5 lamp floor would probably cause problems

This is about WHAT WE USE not what we WANT YOU TO USE

personally dont care for BRD in NNI (even though its a amazing job) for the reasons mentioned in my original post that started this thread

COR to our Group Can do anything a BRD can do but has Longer Buffs
it sleeps Dispells buffs and camps rune just like a BRD would but his gear dont have to be that great

helps on Boss floors with paralyna viruna haste etc...

and we just like the SAM's for the SC
But we winning with WAR's too,
also have Won with DRKs,
And BLUs
Oh and a DRG once "No Empy or Relic or Delve weapon"
can be done with alot of setups

But we are just partial to the SC damage from SAM's it just works well we finished with almost 8 minutes left in a run last night

LOOK OVER MY ORIGINAL POST THAT STARTED THIS THREAD

(this was just meant to be a guide to players struggling to win and to offer some of the info on how we do it)

there is alot of players that cant win or dont have your pro setup
this is thread if for them .... probably not you

NEVER SAID IT "CAN'T" BE DONE WITH A BRD