Yoichi Best Rng Weapon Now?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Yoichi best rng weapon now?
Yoichi best rng weapon now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Jkun
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-05-10 15:09:57  
Quetzalcoatl.Glecent said: »
Coronach is not superior to Namas Arrow. STR mod instead of DEX and a much higher fSTR cap make it easy to keep up with Coronach. Coronach just has .25 higher fTP .

And, uh, about ~30 more base dmg if you're using D.Bullet like you should >_>
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-05-10 15:16:19  
That's what the higher fSTR cap is for.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 15:18:36  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Please explain, because I have no idea what you're talking about. Base damage is base damage; delay is delay. Let me break it down for you:

It's pretty clear. Guns have always had a low base damage with high damage ammo. Bows have always had high base damage with low damage ammo. I don't see them changing that now. Coronach is not superior to Namas Arrow. STR mod instead of DEX and a much higher fSTR cap make it easy to keep up with Coronach. Coronach just has .25 higher fTP .

Maybe you should try reading beyond the first sentence. I never said they were changing anything in regard to weapon damage vs. ammo damage. Like my post obviously implied, I'm only concerned with total base damage. Yoichi will certainly have a higher base damage than annihilator without ammo taken into consideration, but it will never surpass annihilator in total base damage. Who cares what the base damage of the ranged weapon is? I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue. The only thing the base damage of the weapon affects is the fSTR2 cap.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 15:19:30  
That's what the higher fSTR cap is for.

Uh. I'm personally nowhere near approaching fSTR2 cap on annihilator lol, so I don't see how that affects anything.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-05-10 15:30:32  
You said you didn't know what I was talking about. I told you what I was talking about. When they increase the base damage of the weapons, Yoichinoyumi's base damage will still be higher than Annihilator's. The combined damage will be near the same or Yoichinoyumi's will be higher instead of gun being ahead because the gap from Annihilator's ammo will be closed by Yoichi's base damage increase.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-10 15:34:09  
Please explain, because I have no idea what you're talking about. Base damage is base damage; delay is delay. Let me break it down for you:

It's pretty clear. Guns have always had a low base damage with high damage ammo. Bows have always had high base damage with low damage ammo. I don't see them changing that now. Coronach is not superior to Namas Arrow. STR mod instead of DEX and a much higher fSTR cap make it easy to keep up with Coronach. Coronach just has .25 higher fTP .

Maybe you should try reading beyond the first sentence. I never said they were changing anything in regard to weapon damage vs. ammo damage. Like my post obviously implied, I'm only concerned with total base damage. Yoichi will certainly have a higher base damage than annihilator without ammo taken into consideration, but it will never surpass annihilator in total base damage. Who cares what the base damage of the ranged weapon is? I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue. The only thing the base damage of the weapon affects is the fSTR2 cap.

You underestimate the delay on Yoichinoyumi, most parses I look at I have quite a considerable amount more shots fired than most Annihilator RNG's. Some day's up to 30-40 more shots, those extra shots usually average about 7-9 more WS's, and the aftermath on Namas Arrow is not to be laughed at either, the extra ranged accuracy allows for me to gear a lot more towards STR/Ranged Attack during high-level end-game events, pushing my average arrow damage up by quite a decent margin, usually my average arrow damage isn't that far below that on the Anni's about 20-50 damage below.

I'm not saying Annihilator is a bad weapon, but Yoichinoyumi is far from trash. It can easily keep up, if you know how to use it. It's all in the user which weapon comes out on top.
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-05-10 15:34:22  
To be fair, the humongous dmg difference on the new echidna/delve bow compared to their gun equivalents gives some credit to those speculating bows to be RNG's new #1 choice for pure damage...but yeah, hard to beat Coronach/Anni's AM if you're looking for enmity free damage. (edit: Not to mention the advantage LS has over, uh, any other bow WS which everyone seems to be forgetting . . .)
 Sylph.Talon
サーバ: Sylph
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2013-05-10 15:39:21  
So more important. 5/5 apex arrow with new bow (unagumented) has produce what type of dmg exactly?

Any info on this before I drop 30k plasm like it is hot and switch over merits?

Thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-05-10 15:40:36  
Weapon rank of Annihilator: floor(76/9) = 8.

The upper cap of fSTR2 is (Weapon Rank+8) x 2.

Upper cap of fSTR2 is 36 for Annihilator.

fSTR2 can be approximated by (character STR - enemy VIT+4)/2.

We'll use a Legion mob having 100 VIT.

fSTR2 = (STR - 104)/2
2 * 32 = STR - 104
64 = STR - 104
STR = 168.

Should be pretty easy to cap fSTR2 with that weapon.

edit: Math was off
 Quetzalcoatl.Ronix
user: Argile
By Quetzalcoatl.Ronix 2013-05-10 15:41:10  
You can math it out however you want and which ever way you want. On paper you can try and argue it, but in 2 years with 3-5 perfect geared 99 gun and bow rngs there is not one time one or the other has outshined the other at an event. What you fail to realize is that there is more then one factor in doing the most damage. Pulling hate, holding back, barrage dmg, dieing, not hitting every shot at the perfect time. We parse everything just for the simple fact I like proving I beat Glecent in dmg, and the same holds true for him. Now if you line both of us up with the same mob and said go and timed it for 3 mins with nothing to worry about sure gun might pull ahead by a touch now thats if everything went perfect timing of shots, WSs, barrage, ect.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 16:03:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

You underestimate the delay on Yoichinoyumi, most parses I look at I have quite a considerable amount more shots fired than most Annihilator RNG's. Some day's up to 30-40 more shots, those extra shots usually average about 7-9 more WS's, and the aftermath on Namas Arrow is not to be laughed at either, the extra ranged accuracy allows for me to gear a lot more towards STR/Ranged Attack during high-level end-game events, pushing my average arrow damage up by quite a decent margin, usually my average arrow damage isn't that far below that on the Anni's about 20-50 damage below.

I'm not saying Annihilator is a bad weapon, but Yoichinoyumi is far from trash. It can easily keep up, if you know how to use it. It's all in the user which weapon comes out on top.

More shots fired doesn't equal more damage, or more weapon skills. Especially now, with scout's beret +2, an annihilator RNG/WAR can achieve an extremely easy 4-hit build. Yoichi cannot (without major gear sacrifices). I'm not saying yoichi is a bad weapon either; I'm just saying that annihilator is certainly better.

Yoichi also has incredibly shitty weapon skills compared to gun's last stand.

Weapon rank of Annihilator: floor(76/9) = 8.

The upper cap of fSTR2 is (Weapon Rank+8) x 2.

Upper cap of fSTR2 is 36 for Annihilator.

fSTR2 can be approximated by (character STR - enemy VIT+4)/2.

We'll use a Legion mob having 100 VIT.

fSTR2 = (STR - 104)/2
2 * 32 = STR - 104
64 = STR - 104
STR = 168.

Should be pretty easy to cap fSTR2 with that weapon.

edit: Math was off

Of course? Which is why anyone using a gun would know not to stack strength beyond a certain amount. I didn't say I couldn't cap fSTR2. I said that I was nowhere near approaching it, because I know how to play my job.

Here is some more math for you with the best possible sets for yoichi/coronach:

base str: 98
base agi: 106
base RA: 600
base dex: 86

namas weapon damage: 189
namas str: 182
namas agi: 153
namas fSTR2: 43
namas WSC str: 72.8
namas WSC agi: 61.2
namas WSC with alpha: 111
namas WD: 1011

coronach weapon damage: 221
coronach str: 160
coronach agi: 166
coronach dex: 109
coronach fSTR2 cap: 32
coronach WSC agi: 66
coronach WSC dex: 43
coronach WSC with alpha: 91
coronach WD: 1100

This is assuming cap fSTR2 for both weapons. I used the wrong waist/neck pieces--pretty sure gorget/belts would be ideal--but that doesn't change anything. I used ire torque +1 and elanid belt instead. For namas I used mine:

ItemSet 298516

For coronach I used mine:
ItemSet 242070

Okay. I redid the numbers with best gear as far as I know.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-10 16:27:34  
Ele belt for namas, also since fencer does nothing for bow ws atm, why not just use vulcan's+potens + rng af3 back + khepri(nq is cheap and everyone can afford it.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-10 16:28:37  
Helel doesn't own any RNG body other than Sylvan Caban +2
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-05-10 16:36:33  
I'm pretty sure if Ranged attack is closer to cap or capped, Augmented Khepri NQ and HQ will beat Sylvan.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 16:39:41  
Asura.Ccl said: »
Ele belt for namas, also since fencer does nothing for bow ws atm, why not just use vulcan's+potens + rng af3 back + khepri(nq is cheap and everyone can afford it.)

Because I'm assuming you'd want a permanent critical hit rate +5% to your regular attacks.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 16:42:52  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
I'm pretty sure if Ranged attack is closer to cap or capped, Augmented Khepri NQ and HQ will beat Sylvan.

Khepri will definitely win if ranged attack is capped. Otherwise, I can't say for sure until caban boost is nailed down. Coronach isn't that powerful of a weaponskill. If it's doing ~3k damage (which seems to be the norm on these new NMs) you're only gaining a 150 damage boost from the khepri augment. You do however, get 3 more AGI and 15 DEX. The extra STR is somewhat irrelevant considering fSTR2 should be capped. I can actually test this at some point with tessera vs. caban to get a better idea. Either way, it won't change the hierarchy of coronach > namas.

Also changed the equipment in the sets above.
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-05-10 16:44:37  
Some of our Samurai were close to capping Namas arrow in Legion, and a lot of new NMs in Delve have ***defense. I'd have to disagree with you here on Sylvan Caban > Augmented Khepri.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 16:48:10  
Some of our Samurai were close to capping Namas arrow in Legion, and a lot of new NMs in Delve have ***defense. I'd have to disagree with you here on Sylvan Caban > Augmented Khepri.

I have yet to cap on ANY delve NM, with SV minuet x4, chaos roll, berserk, velocity shot, etc.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-10 16:49:39  
Well can still use neck/khepri/sylvan on namas, Hit build for bow are just as easy as gun, also with bow I can sweet spot in legion/event you'd bring rng for their hateless ws and not die from AOE.

You also ignoring Food STR, Minuet X4 STR and boost STR, str should be way higher than 182.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-10 16:50:40  

I have yet to cap on ANY delve NM, with SV minuet x4, chaos roll, berserk, velocity shot, etc.

Our rng do 4k Namas on Delve NM (peiste/eft), are you guys not bringing angon/dia II+light shot/geomancer ?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 16:56:31  
Well can still use neck/khepri/sylvan on namas, Hit build for bow are just as easy as gun, also with bow I can sweet spot in legion/event you'd bring rng for their hateless ws and not die from AOE.

You also ignoring Food STR, Minuet X4 STR and boost STR, str should be way higher than 182.

I'm not ignoring it; it's just not relevant. Here you go, I added a whole 50 strength more, and it still doesn't beat coronach.

namas WSC str: 92.8
namas WSC agi: 61.2
WSC with alpha: 127
WD: 1062

And 4-hit build is not as easy for yoichi as it is for annihilator. That makes 0 sense considering their delays are so drastically different.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 16:57:50  

Our rng do 4k Namas on Delve NM (peiste/eft), are you guys not bringing angon/dia II+light shot/geomancer ?

Nope. But I'm really not interested in whether khepri beats caban. Cool beans if it does.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-10 16:58:27  
You can lose more racc on bow due to AM, more ratt on ws due to more str, and sweet spot is safer on bow.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 17:03:21  
You can lose more racc on bow due to AM, more ratt on ws due to more str, and sweet spot is safer on bow.

You have 10 more ranged attack with namas than coronach... I really don't think it's going to make that much of a difference. Actually, you get the marksmanship boost from sigyn's so there's really no difference at all. The only saving grace of yoichi is the sweet spot range.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-10 17:07:01  
Okay about the ratt, what about the racc from AM to allow more sacrifice?
And now the difference in ws dmg is 38 wich is less than the 7% from true shot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-05-10 17:25:55  
You're right, Coronach is a slightly better WS than Namas Arrow with the current difference in base damage. I still disagree that gun is superior to bow. In my experience bow can shoot fast enough to make up for the slightly reduced WS damage. I usually shoot 30-50% more ranged attacks than the Annihilator rangers for almost the same or slightly less damage per shot.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-10 17:28:10  
You're right, Coronach is a slightly better WS than Namas Arrow with the current difference in base damage. I still disagree that gun is superior to bow. In my experience bow can shoot fast enough to make up for the slightly reduced WS damage. I usually shoot 30-50% more ranged attacks than the Annihilator rangers for almost the same or slightly less damage per shot.

Shooting that more bullet just mean your anni rng are afk.

I think bow is better when hateless ws are need(true shot, better acc, same Xhit build) and gun for zerg/melee fun.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 17:28:11  
Okay about the ratt, what about the racc from AM to allow more sacrifice?
And now the difference in ws dmg is 38 wich is less than the 7% from true shot.

That's the equivalent of me swapping my rajas ring to another accuracy ring. As far as I know, the aftermath is only ranged accuracy +20. I'd much rather have -20 enmity and produce 0 enmity with decoy shot.

The distance between sweet spots is about 5-6 yalms. In any fight where AoE is an issue, you're going to be standing further away than 11-12 yalms, which would be outside bow's sweet spot range. I can't think of many fights where the AoE damage is only 10'. Even if that's the case, it's not like you can't just run in and weapon skill if you really wanted to.

This isn't even taking into consideration that gun has access to last stand, and yoichi does not. You should be able to spam last stand with decoy shot up, as long as you're wearing at least -20 enmity in gear, or have coronach aftermath up. There's really no comparison between apex arrow and last stand. Refulgent arrow is only better at 300 TP.
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-10 17:29:39  
If you're shooting THAT MUCH more (30-50%), I'd say that has less to do with the weapon than just being better at timing when the game lets you shoot again.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-10 17:29:43  

Shooting that more bullet just mean your anni rng are afk.

I think bow is better when hateless ws are need(true shot, better acc, same Xhit build) and gun for zerg/melee fun.

I agree with Ccl here, or they have shitty snapshot gear. The bow is only 60 delay less lol... It doesn't shoot THAT much faster, and even though it does, it hits for less damage/tp per hit.

I don't agree they have the same xhit build, however. I'd love to see how yoichi rangers are getting 25+ tp per hit, including weapon skill.