Yoichi Best Rng Weapon Now?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Yoichi best rng weapon now?
Yoichi best rng weapon now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-11 15:25:53  
Asura.Ccl said: »
So sam roll favor yoichi as I thought ? ty generic !

Huh?

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Helel have you ever done a serious event on RNG ?

Uh, define serious event? Legion/Provenance/Delve NMs/etc.? Yes? What are you implying?
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-11 15:28:03  
needing Sam in pt+11 to drop a hit on gun isn't gonna happen, + on stuff like legion you can't sit and wait for 11 or you're never gonna do 20 hall of mul.

edit: maybe we just play very differently, but rng and sam aren't in the same pt for us, and we don't go for XI for timed event.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-11 15:32:53  
needing Sam in pt+11 to drop a hit on gun isn't gonna happen, + on stuff like legion you can't sit and wait for 11 or you're never gonna do 20 hall of mul.

Then you only need 20 more store tp with at least +30 from sam roll. Not hard.

ItemSet 300670
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-11 15:32:59  

edit: maybe we just play very differently, but rng and sam aren't in the same pt for us, and we don't go for XI for timed event.

First thing I thought, in what PTY setup would a RNG and SAM every be together.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-11 15:33:54  

I wasn't referring to legion, and I always put SAM in the RNG party, and if there isn't a SAM, use tactician's roll. Tactician's roll works just as well.

Or if you have 4 rolls, SAM and Tact, which I'm assuming you do for legion, then a 3-hit build for gun is even easier.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-11 15:40:55  
Bismarck.Helel said: »

ItemSet 300670

So lucky or XI ? I'm just gonna assume we don't play the same way and move on from this, we don't try for lucky or XI(unless 10 or 1 number away of course) simply because it's not viable for us.

Rotation being smooth is a key part in how we play, we prefer to have 4 decent roll than going for XI/lucky, and it work well for us, as I don't know any other group that could pull 18-20 in mul constantly.

If we make sam roll based gear set, it would be 16(maybe 20) cause busting cause a lot more harm to us than unperfect roll.

I'm just gonna assume we see different result cause we play differently.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-11 15:45:24  

ItemSet 300670

So lucky or XI ? I'm just gonna assume we don't play the same way and move on from this, we don't try for lucky or XI(unless 10 or 1 number away of course) simply because it's not viable for us.

Rotation being smooth is a key part in how we play, we prefer to have 4 decent roll than going for XI/lucky, and it work well for us, as I don't know any other group that could pull 18-20 in mul constantly.

If we make sam roll based gear set, it would be 16(maybe 20) cause busting cause a lot more harm to us than unperfect roll.

I'm just gonna assume we see different result cause we play differently.

30 is not lucky with SAM, it's anything above 8, or 2 (lucky). Do you not use tact + sam roll in your rotation?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-11 15:51:30  
We use hunter/chaos/sam/courser, rng use rcb.
Bow sam win parse the most for us, but if a couple tp move pass, they can outdd us.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-11 16:03:40  
We use hunter/chaos/sam/courser, rng use rcb.
Bow sam win parse the most for us, but if a couple tp move pass, they can outdd us.

You don't even go RNG to legion? I have no problems conceding that SAM with yoichi is an excellent DD in legion. I never meant to imply otherwise. I've always said yoichi is far more useful for SAM than RNG.

Pretty sure tactician's roll is better than courser's roll though, especially if it's knocking off an extra hit, which it should be. Having to shoot an extra time won't beat the reduced delay on ranged attacks.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-11 16:10:38  
I don't go rng to legion, we have more rng than melee but we have Yoichi and Gun rng in legion, if we had more melee less rng I could rng it.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-11 16:21:31  
I got to go RNG to Mul for the first time the other night. Placed 3rd and 4th in the parse for the two runs we did. May have been able to get second, but I couldn't talk one of the CORs into rolling tact roll away from the ally for me.
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-05-11 16:22:31  
Almace has lower delay than Halachuinic Sword and has a decent bit more damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-11 16:27:37  

ItemSet 300670
How are you getting that you only need 20STP in gear for a 3 hit ? Even with 3 procs of recycle and SAM roll XI with a SAM in the party I get that you need 42STP and that's if you WS'd in the same 42STP
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-11 16:34:37  
Pretty sure tactician's roll is better than courser's roll though, especially if it's knocking off an extra hit, which it should be. Having to shoot an extra time won't beat the reduced delay on ranged attacks.

Sadly next to nothing is know about coursers roll I believe the number are same ish as blitzer roll, you're prolly right about tact if it drop a hit, but I can't math the benefit of coursers roll and rng notice a decent difference with it so we stick with it.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-11 17:24:23  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »

ItemSet 300670
How are you getting that you only need 20STP in gear for a 3 hit ? Even with 3 procs of recycle and SAM roll XI with a SAM in the party I get that you need 42STP and that's if you WS'd in the same 42STP

I said 20 store tp MORE (bolded it above). I was adding on to my previous set I posted. This thread has some serious reading comprehension issues. Even the set you quoted has 40 store tp. You are correct that you need 42 however, so I should have said anything over a 9, or you can wear houyi's gorget. Regardless, you should have tact roll anyway, so a 3-hit should be incredibly easy to accomplish.

If we're still talking about legion, I never have issues using last stand as the melees are so capped on haste that the mob turns back to them before it can even move. Last stand, with scout's beret +2, will return an extra 10 TP assuming recycle procs, so you're getting at least 26 TP back (that's how much I get without samurai roll). With samurai roll and tact, a 3-hit is very easy, with or without lucky rolls.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-11 17:28:59  
Actually I failed to read this time. You certainly don't need 92 store tp lol, if that's what you're implying. 42 + 50 store tp from sam roll?

16.6 * 1.72 = 28.5 + 5 from scout's beret +2 = 33.5 * 3 shots = 100.5

You need 72 store tp.

With a roll of at least 30, which is anything over 8 (or 2 for lucky), you only need 42 store tp in gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-11 19:17:05  

I wasn't referring to legion, and I always put SAM in the RNG party, and if there isn't a SAM, use tactician's roll. Tactician's roll works just as well.

Or if you have 4 rolls, SAM and Tact, which I'm assuming you do for legion, then a 3-hit build for gun is even easier.

So, let's see. From what I get from this Helel's RNG PT in Legion probably looks something like this? RNG, SAM, BRD, COR, COR, .....and maybe a WHM for.... Boost-AGI, since he's spamming Last Stand?

Or if he makes the COR's swap he can fit a second RNG in there.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-11 19:25:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

So, let's see. From what I get from this Helel's RNG PT in Legion probably looks something like this? RNG, SAM, BRD, COR, COR, .....and maybe a WHM for.... Boost-AGI, since he's spamming Last Stand?

Or if he makes the COR's swap he can fit a second RNG in there.

Are you kidding me? What is with people quoting me and not reading anything I said. I said I WASN'T REFERRING TO LEGION. Furthermore, why the hell would you suggest I had 2 cors in my party when anyone who does legion obviously rotates the cors throughout the main alliance.

For legion, the party setup is RNG RNG RNG RNG WHM, then BRD and COR rotate into the sixth slot. Problem?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-11 19:52:52  
Sylph.Knala said: »
Wouldn't a darubula bard be better for that last slot for minuets?

The BRD and the COR rotate into the 6th/5th slot (depending on if WHM drops), so you will receive 4 minuets and 4 rolls.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2013-05-12 07:01:40  
Im voting Helel for RNG Mayor pretty much proving the point thats been made over and over about this damn weapon debate. Im a HUGE bow fan really want a Yoichi but I couldn't bring myself to do it so im making gun first. I've always hated marksmanship but i'm not gonna be stupid and turn away from the fact that gun is better. I rather not have the headache of hate anymore and just WS some of it away. Bow has always had a higher base damage over gun(just on weapon not counting ammo). People are acting as if things will change once new damage comes out.

Sure the new weapons are gonna be somewhat close to what R/M/E will be but don't be mistaken the damage can be higher or lower than them when they do the patch for change. This is SE were talking about here so ya be ready for anything. Also im not for the Switching bows doing fight that ***aint baller at all. Rather just use Gun and keep my great damage.(It's early forgive me if it dont all make sense)
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-12 07:10:10  
Post update winner will depend entirely on the new numbers and if they add new ammo. I'm just hoping when they make next bullets they're not Ormulu/Scarletite....
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-12 07:17:57  
Sylph.Mirvana said: »
Post update winner will depend entirely on the new numbers and if they add new ammo. I'm just hoping when they make next bullets they're not Ormulu/Scarletite....

I'm fine with both of those. One being good for COR, maybe with more MAB and the other for RNG. So long as the add the drops to other places.

Edit :: or make them synthable, like Damascus Ingots
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-12 07:55:24  
Actually looking at what ingots don't make bullets currently, I'd bet on Scintillant being next step up. Though Goldsmithing ingots usually get the RNG/COR treatment. Maybe the RNG-only will be Wootz?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-12 07:59:31  
While red bullets would be cool, how much would they even cost <_< people don't even do Midrium at all!
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-12 14:03:10  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
While red bullets would be cool, how much would they even cost <_< people don't even do Midrium at all!

Hopefully ingots will go down in price. Even orichalcum ingots are pretty expensive now. They also didn't give COR very much recycle from what I've experienced. I've done quite a few delve parties on COR and used a ton of bullets.

Of course they don't have recycle merits etc.
 Sylph.Washburn
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2013-05-13 09:28:06  
This just in (translated via google)

The version up, we are planning to add new ammunition next time.
Remote attack by gun or bow, so that ammunition and weapons body suit, to show the power for the first time,
Add the ammunition corresponding to the remote weapon that is available on Menace inspector.

The current schedule is as follows.

Exchange points obtained by obtaining <br /> Menace inspector and "Menasupurazumu"
Speaker Rio Jen Bow, bullets S. Aku~uibasu, terms of availability <br /> arrows that you are able to replace the bolts Irappa
Performance
Performance such as the value of D (bullets and arrows content level 14, level 20 content volts) which was in accordance with the content level
Exchange with ammunition and other <br /> quiver, the state summarizing
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-05-13 10:02:50  
Maybe ammo buyable with plasma? And perhaps a buff yo status bolts? Would be nice
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-05-13 14:18:11  
BG.Slycer said:

Mocchi: Ammunition

Thank you for your opinions on the adjustments to Recycle and regarding ammunition.

In the next version update, we are planning to add new ammunition. For archery and marksmanship ranged attacks, we will be adding ammunition which corresponds to the power of the ranged weapons that are available from Delve.

The current plans are as follows:

Obtaining
Exchange Mweya Plasm corpuscles obtained from Delve.
Obtainment Conditions
Ability to exchange for the corresponding weapons (Speleogen Bow for arrows, Surefire Arquebus for bullets, Illapa for crossbow bolts)
Performance
Commensurate with the content level for which the weapons' DMG rating is adjusted (bullets and arrows for content level 14, bolts for content level 20).
Other
Ammunition will be obtained as a quiver.

Apparently it's time to break out the crossbows?
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-13 14:22:45  
Devs heard about the Bow vs Gun debate and decided to Tanaka stomp us all.
[+]