Yoichi Best Rng Weapon Now?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Yoichi best rng weapon now?
Yoichi best rng weapon now?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-13 14:26:30  
It sounds like you can only obtain the new ammo if you already have those weapons? If that's the case, I don't think you can even get the new bolts until you own an Illapa.

Edit: After reading BG thread, it looks like you need the KI that comes from defeating the NMs to buy the ammo, including the KI that comes from defeating the boss for the crossbow.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2013-05-13 14:33:27  
BG.Slycer said:
Obtainment Conditions
Ability to exchange for the corresponding weapons (Speleogen Bow for arrows, Surefire Arquebus for bullets, Illapa for crossbow bolts)

Sounds like you just have to have the KI to buy the ranged weapon. Not already own the ranged weapon itself.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-13 16:26:18  
I like how SE is classifying gear as it relates to their content difficulty scale.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-13 16:44:36  
And looking at their list, it looks like the arrows and bullets need Tier 4/5 KI to buy, and the bolt needs Delve Boss.

Quote:
We've established content levels for Adoulin content as a means to objectively display difficulty benchmarks. The below is a concrete illustration of these content levels.

20 Delve (Boss monsters)
17 New Additions to Wildskeeper Reives
14 Delve (NM group 2)
13 New additions to Skirmish
11 Delve (NM group 1)
9 New additions to Colonization/Lair Reives
7 Wildskeeper Reives
6 Skirmish
5 Colonization/Lair Reives
Content Level Up to April 2013
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-13 16:50:56  
My question then becomes is it a 1-time use quiver, or a dispenser like conquest ammo?

And I won't get my hopes up until I make sure there's not a dumb yellow speck in the corner.
By bcider 2013-05-13 17:07:49  
Looking at that dev update, bullets and arrows will only be upgraded to content level 14 whereas bolts will be to 20. Crossbow might actually be viable now.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-13 17:20:16  
If they are fully consumable, and give 99 ammo each, it better only cost 1-2k plasm. Now, I would pay 20-30k for it if it has an unlimited charge, usable once a day.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-13 18:39:51  
bcider said: »
Looking at that dev update, bullets and arrows will only be upgraded to content level 14 whereas bolts will be to 20. Crossbow might actually be viable now.
wat
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-13 23:18:53  
I'm all for crossbows becoming more powerful, but they don't have a weapon skill similar to namas/coronach, so they are somewhat difficult to use vs. endgame content. They would be fun for things like plasm farming etc.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-05-14 13:00:43  
Well if they are going to let you unlock wildfire from a woe gun, then wouldnt wildfire from a xbow suddenly be decent option?

I seriously doubt SE are going to be picky enough to lock out WF from xbows since it meets the job and ranged weapon type criteria (rng usable and marksmanship type)

1-2k plasm for a quiver/pouch is really not that bad if its going to cost that much since you can pull 7k plasm a farming run now.
I can't wait to see the arrow ammo, I love guns but a rank9 bow has been a lot of fun so far.
An unlimited quiver would pretty much destroy the ammo crafting market, and I wouldnt be surprised if the ammo isnt tagged EX to prevent trading of it.
By Gimp 2013-05-14 13:29:38  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Devs heard about the Bow vs Gun debate and decided to Tanaka stomp us all.

I was pretty sure that Echidna bow +1 was added just for Helel's sake

really wish llapa had something like repeating crossbow delay or something similar however
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-14 13:46:04  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Well if they are going to let you unlock wildfire from a woe gun, then wouldnt wildfire from a xbow suddenly be decent option?

I seriously doubt SE are going to be picky enough to lock out WF from xbows since it meets the job and ranged weapon type criteria (rng usable and marksmanship type)

1-2k plasm for a quiver/pouch is really not that bad if its going to cost that much since you can pull 7k plasm a farming run now.
I can't wait to see the arrow ammo, I love guns but a rank9 bow has been a lot of fun so far.
An unlimited quiver would pretty much destroy the ammo crafting market, and I wouldnt be surprised if the ammo isnt tagged EX to prevent trading of it.

Not bashing on the bow, because I wasted a lot of plasm upgrading it, but I've been unable to even come close to the same damage I can put out with annihilator. Apex arrow has been very disappointing. I'm using basically the same gear set as last stand and I can't get it above 4.1k damage, while last stand does 5.8k+. Refulgent arrow is nice when you have a lot of TP, but it also tends to be pretty inaccurate since I'm stacking STR instead of AGI.

I bought the new gun and will be upgrading that instead, at least until JR is unlocked.

Also, wildfire blows on most of these new NMs.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-05-14 14:07:44  
I kinda like Arching arrow more than apex and crits, it seems to be more accurate and I usually close on a DDs shoha/ukkos/etc with that instead to make light.
I've been doing arching->barrage->apex and doing self light also when soloing or when barrage is up.

for old content and lolabyssea arching arrow with the delve bow you can get 8k ws and 12k barrage, apex falls behind versus arching on stuff where you overpower the targets defense.

For anyone that doesnt have a yoichi or annihilator the delve bow is a pretty amazing option. I'm holding off on making a relic gun/bow until I see what the buffed weapons look like.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-14 14:19:44  
What I'm saying though is that you'd be much better off using the new gun over the new bow (if no yoichi/annihilator), unless someone is having different experiences than me. Throwing namas/coronach discussion out the window for now, we're purely comparing the best bow WS vs the best gun WS (in terms of damage), and then adding the additional damage gained from TP. The best bow WS is nowhere near as powerful as the best gun WS. Arching arrow has a higher fTP than apex, but very low stat mods, and critical hits suck on RNG WS (since dead aim does not increase damage). I can't imagine it would be as good as apex/refulgent. I never tried sidewinder however, but I doubt that would be a reasonable choice given how evasive these mobs can be.

I was actually surprised how lackluster it was, as I was absolutely certain it would beat annihilator. I even posted in this thread that it would, but it certainly doesn't from my experience. I even merited bow :(.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-05-14 14:44:38  
sidewinder is bad even with the new bow, adoulin mobs are just too evasive and sharpshot isnt enough for me to feel comfortable using it if im eating curry/meat.
I ws once I cross 100%tp so reflugent has been a poor performer in my tests since i'm after max ws frequency to skillchain with all the heavy dds wsing. That leaves us with trying to push damage on apex or arching arrow.

The critrate+extra damage on crit w/ arching you can bump up if you gear it like you are trying to do jishnus.
Even with the crappy statmod split of str/agi on arching, adding more str just keeps making it noticably better than my apex ws's. Someone better geared than I would know probably know the ideal str/ratk/racc balance to maximize these ws.
I'm at around 90+74 str when I ws without outside buffs, and i'm guessing I stacking more str is still the best thing for me to do.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-14 15:11:02  
I used the same set as namas arrow for arching. Not sure if there's better gear to use:

arching str: 182
arching agi: 153
arching WSC agi: 38.2
arching WSC str: 29.1
arching WSC with alpha: 55.8
arching fSTR2: 43
speleogen BD: 284
fTP: 3.5
arching WS: 1339
cap pDIF (with crit): 5021

last stand agi: 180
last stand str: 134
last stand WSC agi (w/alpha): 153
last stand fSTR2: 19
surefire BD: 241
fTP: 4.4 (actually slightly higher with moonshade)
last stand WS: 1817
cap pDIF: 5451

They're not too far apart, but that's only if you crit every single time. Perhaps with some critical damage+ gear the difference might be lessened slightly. Last stand damage will, in actuality, be higher than the above number however, as you'll be receiving the tp bonus from fencer + moonshade. Fencer will help increase arching arrow's critical hit rate also, but not damage.
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-05-16 12:38:30  
Arrow: D74 (content level 14)
Bullet: D196 (content level 14)
Bolt: D93 (content level 20)

From dev post. I'm sure official translation will be up soon.

Crossbow fell behind more than expected unless there is an additional effect. Gun gained a lot. Will know precise values when RME update comes around.

Oh and the ammo is ex so it looks like rng will be in delve forever.
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-05-16 14:52:46  
I'm happy and disappointed at the same time.

I hope they offer some alternative ammo in the near future because RNG being tied to delve to function properly even after you max armor and augments is a pain in the ***.

That and crafts can always use a shot in the arm.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 14:59:23  
Siren.Barber said: »
Arrow: D74 (content level 14)
Bullet: D196 (content level 14)
Bolt: D93 (content level 20)

From dev post. I'm sure official translation will be up soon.

Crossbow fell behind more than expected unless there is an additional effect. Gun gained a lot. Will know precise values when RME update comes around.

Oh and the ammo is ex so it looks like rng will be in delve forever.

As far as I know, they are implementing this ammo before the REM update. The NA rep said next version update anyway, so we know the precise values now, unless they change the base damage before then. (I was under the impression REM update would not be coming any time soon). Gun is certainly ahead, no questions asked, until they implement JR for bows. Then it will be very close, but my gil is on bows pulling ahead at that point.
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-05-16 17:34:17  
Oh I meant the total damage of weapon + ammo is still pending. Anni can expect another bump. Wouldn't be surprising to see it around 320 total damage. These numbers are getting really big......