フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 130 131 132
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-08 14:26:23  
Being a piece that you already actually use, would be worth getting.

But not worth doing dynamis for. maybe +2
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-02-08 20:17:46  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

This is kinda where I am. I'll suffer a little bit for the +2, as it's still going to be a significant increase from the Arcadian Beret +1 that I already use now. And really, most of it is buyable anyway and Relic+2 hat will be worth the money. I'm not to the point where I can tolerate the price (or farming) to make any Relic+3 though, regardless of how good the stats are.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-02-08 20:57:02  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

This is kinda where I am. I'll suffer a little bit for the +2, as it's still going to be a significant increase from the Arcadian Beret +1 that I already use now. And really, most of it is buyable anyway and Relic+2 hat will be worth the money. I'm not to the point where I can tolerate the price (or farming) to make any Relic+3 though, regardless of how good the stats are.

With as much farming as is needed, you'd figure SE would either have had a lower reset timer, or at least given each zone its own individual timer, so you could cycle them daily
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-08 21:41:18  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

With as much farming as is needed, you'd figure SE would either have had a lower reset timer, or at least given each zone its own individual timer, so you could cycle them daily

I'm sure the timer will change once all zones have been out 2 months or so. Once Ou was released, we "magically" could hold another canteen and the timer dropped a tad.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2018-02-14 04:04:09  
Been looking through but it's a lot of pages and data (search function is failing me), but what's the DPS difference in JR spam using a Fail-Not vs Gandiva? I know a lot of RNG use Fomalhaut bullets with Annihilator. Is the same true for Bow? Use Gandiva's arrows with Fail-Not?
 Phoenix.Smoothcantalope
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SmoothC
By Phoenix.Smoothcantalope 2018-02-14 05:56:12  
Usually goes the other way. Using Chrono Arrows with Gandiva for the higher base dmg on the Chrono arrows. Regarding the DPS difference between Fail-Not vs Gandiva... Gandiva DPS is focused on white damage from the 3x DMG procs during AM3 and less about huge JR numbers. While I do not have a Fail-Not, just Gandiva, Im pretty confident Gandiva will give you better DPS on most fights, but Fail-Not would be have utility for the Ultimate SC. Key to getting the most out of Gandiva is unlocking AM3 with JR, then shooting in a Crit DMG focused Mid-Shot set.
[+]
By monkey33333333 2018-02-20 18:10:28  
for Apex Arrow set would it be like last stand for gear?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-20 18:48:42  
Pretty much, although you can cap accuracy on it a bit easier and WSD is weighted heavier than AGI/STR, relative to Last Stand.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-20 19:04:28  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

I'm sure the timer will change once all zones have been out 2 months or so. Once Ou was released, we "magically" could hold another canteen and the timer dropped a tad.
Nah, timer's still the same as ever, at 20 hours.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-20 19:11:05  
Also add ratt is a less important on Apex. I'd say it's probably overall a tad closer to a Coronach set
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-02-21 00:10:19  
So I'm trying to get my gearswap to have a doubleshot set. It's; not working and I can't figure out why.

I've added

function job_setup()
state.Buff.Barrage = buffactive.Barrage or false
state.Buff.DoubleShot = buffactive['Double Shot'] or false
state.Buff.Camouflage = buffactive.Camouflage or false
state.Buff['Unlimited Shot'] = buffactive['Unlimited Shot'] or false
end

sets.buff.DoubleShot = set_combine(sets.midcast.RA, {head="Oshosi Mask +1", feet="Oshosi Leggings +1",body="Oshosi Vest +1", hands="Oshosi Gloves +1",legs="Oshosi Trousers +1"})

and

function job_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' and state.Buff.Barrage then
equip(sets.buff.Barrage)
eventArgs.handled = true
elseif spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' and state.Buff.DoubleShot then
equip(sets.buff.DoubleShot)
eventArgs.handled = true
end

end

Any idea why it's not working?
 Asura.Shosei
user: Shosei
By Asura.Shosei 2018-02-21 04:30:00  
Try state.Buff["Double Shot"]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-02-21 04:57:12  
The best way to modify your midcast sets is during post-midcast:
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' and buffactive['Double Shot'] then
    end
end

You don't need to set up a state toggle for it -- GS can directly read your current buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-02-21 14:35:12  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
The best way to modify your midcast sets is during post-midcast:
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' and buffactive['Double Shot'] then
    end
end

You don't need to set up a state toggle for it -- GS can directly read your current buffs.

That worked. Thanks.
By monkey33333333 2018-02-21 20:05:19  
can anyone tell me a 4-5 step Umbra that i could do for gun
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-21 20:31:03  
Last Stand, Slug Shot-->Trueflight-->Wildfire-->Wildfire
By clearlyamule 2018-02-21 20:47:17  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Last Stand, Slug Shot-->Trueflight-->Wildfire-->Wildfire
Edit: Oh I see you are purposefully using last stand to put up aftermath and not contribute to the skillchain?
By monkey33333333 2018-02-21 21:03:03  
KK Tyvm for the info ^^
 Leviathan.Zeroburning
By Leviathan.Zeroburning 2018-02-22 00:07:28  
This is my Trueflight set if i have Weather II on all of the herc gear is +36-40 Mab

ItemSet 356942
By Huehuehue 2018-02-22 02:44:16  
https://imgur.com/a/EQZGj
https://youtu.be/e-Xiw5VDc0c?t=35s
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-02-23 10:14:27  
fonewear said: »
It is a nice hat I'm not going to lie but still doesn't make me want to do Dynamis D.

That will be the most expensive +62 ranged attack I'll get - and worth every ponze of gil. The ability to get actual iLvl ranged attack on THAT piece, while keeping the Recycle augment, is priceless.

Bullets are free so I don't see where the recycle love is coming from.
By Pantafernando 2018-02-23 10:22:22  
Odin.Slore said: »
fonewear said: »
It is a nice hat I'm not going to lie but still doesn't make me want to do Dynamis D.

That will be the most expensive +62 ranged attack I'll get - and worth every ponze of gil. The ability to get actual iLvl ranged attack on THAT piece, while keeping the Recycle augment, is priceless.

Bullets are free so I don't see where the recycle love is coming from.

Iirc recycle proc with relic head gives extra tp and helps making any x-hits.
 Cerberus.Resetti
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-02-23 10:29:30  
Leviathan.Zeroburning said: »
This is my Trueflight set if i have Weather II on all of the herc gear is +36-40 Mab

ItemSet 356942

Wouldn't AF hat+3 hat be better for TF? Also if you have them a max Malevolence and Trilling dagger should be better than staff and grip.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-23 10:42:52  
Trueflight builds (in particular the head slot and debate between an augmented Herculean Helm and Orion Beret +3) are incredibly interdependent on WSD, MAB, and buffs. I've tested my set (which can be seen in the "Ranger Weaponskill Sets" thread) with both an augmented Herc Helm of "Macc+16,MAB+18,WSD+4" vs. the Orion Beret +3, and if I'm getting a good Wizard's Roll from a Regal COR, The Orion Beret+3 wins. If I'm not, then the Herc Helm Wins.

In response to the comment "Bullets are free"- its not the recycle effect on the Relic Head that has always made it so attractive, its the "Enhances Recycle Effect". Here is the link. Basically, its the most potent Store TP (although its not actually STP, yes) option you can have.

EDIT: And Malevolence x2 while /NIN or /DNC is going to be your best damage option.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-23 11:22:09  
EDIT: And Malevolence x2 while /NIN or /DNC is going to be your best damage option.
While I'm not advocating it doing the math his build with /rdm the trueflights should come out very slightly higher than even 2 perfect Malevolence not even considering outside buffs.

Of course this doesn't account for the fact given how little wsd and how much mab he has there is almost certainly some swapping in that regard that should be done nor the hit to macc you are taking using a non ilvl mainhand weapon.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-23 11:49:53  
I don't consider /rdm enough because we have so many alts with rdm in my groups I always have flurry 2... but the mab argument is solid.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-23 11:53:20  
If you don't care about the spells then technically if you really into your max/mins you could /blm for like another 2 agi lol. Throw that rng into the stun rotation!
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-02-23 11:57:45  

I just did testing with my set with Max Malevolencex2 and one max Malevolence+trilling on Reisenjima trash and I was getting 1.5k more damage with each 1k of TP at 3k TP it was 37k with x2malevolence and 42k with malevolence+trilling. Can anyone else confirm the power of trilling?
By clearlyamule 2018-02-23 12:20:29  
Well trilling is a straight 10% so once you start reaching about +240-340 mab (dependent on augments) you start competing with the mab portion on Malevolence.

But doesn't really start winning to a bit after that since all the mdmg on Malevolence matters a bit particularly at lower tps. And given the gearset you have up there it shouldn't be better on it's own but I'd guess vorseals and maybe some other mab buffs are helping?

If you got one I'd consider testing with Orion head as well
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-02-23 14:27:34  
The set up there isn't mine I'm just here to share what I've been experiencing on my rng. I have not had the chance to try super buffed with trilling as I didn't change from x2 Max malevolence to malevo+trilling until about a week ago. When I get home I'll post my TF set.
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 130 131 132