users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 130 131 132
 Leviathan.Zeroburning
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Zeroburning 2018-02-23 15:04:46  
Already tested my herc helm is 35 Macc 40 mb augmented and pulls ahead of af+3 by about 3-4k dmg in that set tested on about 25 mobs
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2018-03-03 21:52:05  
do we gear differently when overkill is up?
By geigei 2018-03-04 02:52:28  
Sylph.Feary said: »
I don't, if you have enough stp in your ranged set you will shoot>ws>shoot>ws, not sure if you can improve this.
 Asura.Arico
サーバ: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-03-04 03:28:48  
Odin.Slore said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
fonewear said: »
It is a nice hat I'm not going to lie but still doesn't make me want to do Dynamis D.

That will be the most expensive +62 ranged attack I'll get - and worth every ponze of gil. The ability to get actual iLvl ranged attack on THAT piece, while keeping the Recycle augment, is priceless.

Bullets are free so I don't see where the recycle love is coming from.

With Arcadian Beret you get 50 extra TP per recycle. With nearly 100% recycle proc rate you basically get a ton of store TP on head.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-04 18:20:03  
geigei said: »
Sylph.Feary said: »
I don't, if you have enough stp in your ranged set you will shoot>ws>shoot>ws, not sure if you can improve this.

You can't improve WS frequency, but you can improve per shot damage.

Overkill gives massive double shot rate (100% multishot, roughly 1/3 Triple and 2/3 Double), so any Double/Triple Shot dmg+ gear should be worth using. That's not a huge difference in gearing though: Oshosi Mask is the one particularly relevant swap, and you'd certainly want to use Belenus's Cape (but I can only assume everyone must be using that anyway). Once Relic body +2/+3 is here, that seems likely to be worth using too.

If you really wanted to optimize further, I wouldn't be surprised if more crit dmg & rate was worthwhile (especially so for empy users). With a reasonable amount of STP, should likely still be able to maintain one /ra to WS and add more crit. I haven't personally tried to maximize this yet, but probably should get around to it.
By Darkvlade 2018-03-05 10:37:54  
Hello guys, for the Umbra skillchain posted earlier, can we use trueflight with gun or is that just for Xbow? I think I have it unlocked but is been like 3 years since I been on RNG, Thanks

also can some explain what is trilling and the relationship to malevolence? And which AF RELIC (got both sets 5/5 +1)should I focus on reforging to next step, and is the Amini set still relevant?

Thanks again, just trying to get back into RNG, currently got Anni, Yoichi 119 non AG, Forma and working on failnot now, should I pick a cross bow or dont bother if it aint mythic?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-03-05 11:09:34  
Trueflight works with gun as well.

Trilling dagger has light elemental damage +10%. Both daggers are used for Trueflight.

AF: Head/Hands/Body (try and work to +3)
Relic: Head
Emp: Body

Don't bother with a crossbow, use a gun.
By elliondrk 2018-03-05 13:50:02  
Potentially dumb question: Is MAcc important for Trueflight, or should I just stick to AGI, MAB, & WSD? Figured I'd ask before I assumed. This Ranger and using Ele WS thing is a new realm to me.
By fillerbunny9 2018-03-05 14:02:31  
elliondrk said: »
Potentially dumb question: Is MAcc important for Trueflight, or should I just stick to AGI, MAB, & WSD? Figured I'd ask before I assumed. This Ranger and using Ele WS thing is a new realm to me.

in gearing for everything else, you are going to end up with some M.Acc anyways. Trueflight is unlikely to see many resists on things you're going to be specifically using it on - fodder doesn't matter and harder stuff your GEO is going to be buffing/debuffing around magic, otherwise you'd just be using Last Stand. we recently used it on Zerde to allow more time between SCH strats for MB, and even being in the tank party without buffs I was getting 80k Light chains off of it.
[+]
By Darkvlade 2018-03-06 07:49:06  
Ty FD

Got another question on ambush cape, which augments am I loking for on capes like for TP im thinking AGI+30 RACC/RATK+30 (STP or CRIT+10)or make one of each? Also which stats for Weaponskills one like what my Last stand and TF should look like, same for JR thanks in advance
By fonewear 2018-03-06 08:23:42  
Darkvlade said: »
Ty FD

Got another question on ambush cape, which augments am I loking for on capes like for TP im thinking AGI+30 RACC/RATK+30 (STP or CRIT+10)or make one of each? Also which stats for Weaponskills one like what my Last stand and TF should look like, same for JR thanks in advance

We got a thread for all WS sets in the ranger section.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51482/ranger-weaponskill-sets/
By fonewear 2018-03-06 08:26:30  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Trueflight works with gun as well.

Trilling dagger has light elemental damage +10%. Both daggers are used for Trueflight.

AF: Head/Hands/Body (try and work to +3)
Relic: Head
Emp: Body

Don't bother with a crossbow, use a gun.

I'm going to have to get Trilling dagger to compare it to Male
By fonewear 2018-03-06 08:35:09  
Darkvlade said: »
Ty FD

For TF you want MAG ACC/MAG DMG 20 WS 10% and AGI 30

Last stand: AGI+30,racc/ratk+20,Weaponskill Damage +10%.

JR: DEX+30, racc/ratk+20, Critical Hit Rate+10%.

Wouldn't hurt to do a Snap Shot and a Store TP cape also...

In conclusion ranger needs too many capes.
[+]
By Darkvlade 2018-03-06 09:15:16  
I already made a Snapshot one only having snapshot+10 on it since is going to be for just that purpose, and making a CRIT cape for tp phase as well.

Also didnt know trilling dagger existed until yesterday, also found out I have Tf unlocked, couldnt remember for the life of me yesterday.

Ty Fone
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-03-06 11:12:08  
elliondrk said: »
In theory it is however magical ws tend to be pretty accurate since they were designed for jobs that generally don't get much or at least wouldn't get for macc. For example you can get a semi decent land rate with it on xp mobs and even a lot of zitah nms without a ilvl mainhand
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2018-03-06 12:08:12  
You can get away with using a Last Stand cape with Trueflight, the difference isn’t huge and RNG needs too many capes as it is. The saving grace is that it’s not as bad as COR, as RNG isn’t as well situated to frontline fighting. It mostly comes down to inventory economics as to whether the space taken up is worth that slight bump in damage.
[+]
By Cannibis 2018-03-06 13:42:15  
Cerberus.Resetti said: »
Leviathan.Zeroburning said: »
This is my Trueflight set if i have Weather II on all of the herc gear is +36-40 Mab

ItemSet 356942

Wouldn't AF hat+3 hat be better for TF? Also if you have them a max Malevolence and Trilling dagger should be better than staff and grip.

He did say with weather2... With weather chatoyant wins. Without, trilling/malevolence.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-03-13 08:37:51  
Hello quick question:

Does anyone have any BiS sets for current day?
Preshot, Midshot etc.
Looking to rebuild it but want to know what an optimal setup looks like.

Also, I’m Mastered just haven’t updated in a while
By Brynach 2018-03-13 08:41:33  
Look in the Ranger job forum. There are threads labeled Ranger Preshot Sets, Ranger Midshot Sets, Ranger Weaponskill Sets and Ranger Utility Sets. Those are very up-to-date, and should give you a lot of good information to help you regear.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-13 10:13:28  
I’m confused. Last I read trilling lost to melevolence. Is this not the case anymore?
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-03-13 11:25:06  
Brynach said: »
Look in the Ranger job forum. There are threads labeled Ranger Preshot Sets, Ranger Midshot Sets, Ranger Weaponskill Sets and Ranger Utility Sets. Those are very up-to-date, and should give you a lot of good information to help you regear.

Thanks, that was actually very helpful. Most sub-catagories on other Job Forums are usually filled with random Q/A but these are pretty damn good lol.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-13 12:15:35  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
I’m confused. Last I read trilling lost to melevolence. Is this not the case anymore?

It'll depend on how much MAB you have in gear and your buffs, as well as what TP% you're using it at (the +mDMG from Malevolence will be more effective at lower percents due to it being outside of what's being multiplied by fTP).
[+]
By maxiel 2018-03-13 12:24:19  
fillerbunny9 said: »
RNG needs too many capes as it is.

How much are really necessary because I don't want to be missing out on some big improvements. I'm a new RNG but just based on what I know the necessary ones are:

Regular hit STP Cape
Snapshot Cape
AGI/WSD Cape (Works for pretty much everything)

Optional:
Jishnu's Cape
Melee Cape
MDmg/Macc WSD Cape (Trueflight)
Jishnu's Aftermath set If have Empy

Also I was saving for Adhemar +1s (Leg especially). Quick look shows none of the Relic +3 would make them obsolete but want to make sure I haven't missed out on any new extravagant sets.
 Asura.Gotenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2018-03-18 23:58:40  
Not totally hypothetical since I'm currently building my Gandiva. How would you build around the AF2+3 body with double shot up, more Ohshi for DA/TA proc, or still hard-core Crit-hit/dmg build?
By DaneBlood 2018-03-30 20:02:39  
Totaly new to rng and trying to skil lit up.
what is the chapest way to get bow or gun skill capped ?
By Foxfire 2018-03-30 20:17:22  
level 1 ammo or skill up books.
By Pantafernando 2018-03-30 21:15:32  
DaneBlood said: »
Totaly new to rng and trying to skil lit up.
what is the chapest way to get bow or gun skill capped ?

If you skip books, you can use autora in any far reive, grab the lowest delay weapon and just afk.

Make sure to have lots of stacks or some recicle gear on you.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-31 03:00:41  
Asura.Gotenn said: »
Not totally hypothetical since I'm currently building my Gandiva. How would you build around the AF2+3 body with double shot up, more Ohshi for DA/TA proc, or still hard-core Crit-hit/dmg build?

I go heavy on the Oshosi for my Armageddon double shot up set, currently 5/5 NQ Oshosi - but obviously relic body and any +1 pieces would be even better. Typically I find that more effective than my pure crit dmg/rate set (which is what I use with AM3 up and double shot down, and I end up using a heavier Store TP set to get 3k TP when AM isn't up).

FWIW, I often run with Regal Necklace COR, and with a good Samurai Roll I end up with a WS + 2 hit build even in my double shot set, so I don't really have concerns about taking a bit of a STP hit and I tend to be more interested in increasing double shot proc rate so I can keep that rapid fire cycle of RA > WS > RA > WS... (with the occasional but not all that common need to do two consecutive RAs when a shot misses) until double wears off.

As for the Oshosi Double Shot options (my analysis is the same for NQ/HQ, but obviously the +1 pieces are ideal):

Feet are the no brainer of the set. Obvious choice for Empy/crit OR double shot sets - so they're incredible for Gandiva/Arma AM+Double Shot purposes.

Head the other one that's pretty hard to beat; that double shot damage+ and rate is pretty great when using other double shot gear, so I use that for double shot. Still use Meghanada+2 for non-double shot AM3 crit set though.

Hands/Legs are solid pieces, but a little less impressive. For Empy users, maybe could be argued to use other stuff like Mummu+2 hands/Darraigner's Brais... but I've personally been pretty satisfied using Oshosi in these slots when double shot is up to maximize its proc rate, especially if trying to WS as soon as possible (versus potentially some holding TP situations, waiting for SC partners, focusing on white damage for some reason).

Body: Oshosi also performs well here as a stopgap until Relic+2/+3 (and retains some use for snapshot). Probably worth noting that when you do get Arcadian Jerkin +2/+3, that's a significant Store TP loss versus Oshosi - or almost any other viable body (excluding Meghanada+2, which is still my choice for double shot down Empy crit set). If the lower STP affects your x-hit that could be cause for reevaluation of other pieces. Personally, I'd sacrifice double shot from one of Oshosi hands/legs in favor of Adhemar if necessary to make up any STP lost in selecting relic body. I don't really have any room in my accessory slots for more STP in my double shot set (I'm generally already using top reasonable STP options in those slots).
[+]
By monkey33333333 2018-04-10 23:41:23  
so do anyone know the % proc rate on the Relic +3 body yet by any?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-04-11 00:03:27  
Capuchin, how much crit rate versus crit damage gear do you rock in your Empyrean aftermath and camouflage sets? I still go back and forth on pieces like meg. +2 body, darraigner's brais, versus crit options like Mummu +2 or nisroch, jokushu haidate.... those debates.

It's much easier during camo/am3 with 20% crit rate coming from the ja. It's the just am3 up sets I'm toying with.
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 130 131 132