Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-10-11 07:21:55  
How exactly does entry work in the coil? From what I gather from the npc text you can skip to where ever the party leader is but you can not back track at all with another group? This just seems like a weird concept to me and google is failing to give me much other than the npc text so wanted to check.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-10-11 10:14:13  
I think you can only do Turn 2 after you beat turn 1 (no going back to turn 1 to farm until next week) and the highest progress always takes priority, even if someone else is the leader (they become leader in the dungeon I guess?). I haven't done it yet but from what I've picked up in chat this seems to be right. If I'm wrong I'd be glad to know though.
サーバ: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-10-11 10:26:58  
Basically you cant go down from a higher turn of coils. If everyone in the group is on turn 1 and 1 person is on turn 2, everyone must do turn 2 or replace that person. This prevents people from constantly farming 1 turn over and over.

As I pretty much stated above, any player can jump ahead a turn if any person is on a higher turn though. You cannot backtrack though until weekly reset.
By Quiznor 2013-10-11 16:31:25  
Did my first coil run earlier. Jumped straight to final boss of turn 1. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE system.
サーバ: Moogle
user: Zarrox
By Ryndo Shikage 2013-10-12 10:42:08  
Im not sure if this is the right thread for this..

I currently play on ps3 but wanna move to laptop/pc

I found one but im hoping to get an expert opinion.

What sort of performance level can I expect from this
http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_V3-772G_Black_17.3_Core_i7_4702MQ_8GB_750GB_4GB_DVDRW_Win8_Nvidia_GT7_NX.M74EK.001/version.asp

Thanks for any help and if anyone has better suggestions, please feel free.. looking to spend £1000 max.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2013-10-12 12:07:50  
Ryndo Shikage said: »

http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_V3-772G_Black_17.3_Core_i7_4702MQ_8GB_750GB_4GB_DVDRW_Win8_Nvidia_GT7_NX.M74EK.001/version.asp

Thanks for any help and if anyone has better suggestions, please feel free.. looking to spend £1000 max.

If you aren't specifically wanting a laptop for anything get something like this http://www.cclonline.com/product/111612/NoMfgCode/All-CCL-Desktops/CCL-Elite-Golden-Eagle-Gaming-PC/CCL-EL-GEA/

Bear in mind that's the price without an OS, you could look at the range of stuff they do there and you can even customise the presets with a 20-30 quid customisation fee.

Edit: This is without a monitor too, but there's always the cheaper presets you can look at and work out your budget for a monitor
By Ryndo Shikage 2013-10-12 15:23:37  
Siren.Kunimatsu said: »

If you aren't specifically wanting a laptop for anything get something like this http://www.cclonline.com/product/111612/NoMfgCode/All-CCL-Desktops/CCL-Elite-Golden-Eagle-Gaming-PC/CCL-EL-GEA/

Bear in mind that's the price without an OS, you could look at the range of stuff they do there and you can even customise the presets with a 20-30 quid customisation fee.

Edit: This is without a monitor too, but there's always the cheaper presets you can look at and work out your budget for a monitor

I took a look at the layout of my space and the amount of times i go to friends/families places to play, laptop would be better. Fully made w/ OS preferred.. any ideas?
 Siren.Blackroses
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2013-10-18 20:06:30  
Is there any point in the "luminary" tools for DoH other than it being a trophy since they have the same stats as the quested one.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-18 20:08:29  
Siren.Blackroses said: »
Is there any point in the "luminary" tools for DoH other than it being a trophy since they have the same stats as the quested one.
I think they are mostly trophies, in 1.0 there was no AF for DoH or DoL, nor quested tools, just Luminary.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-10-18 20:13:40  

Do NOT get anything with an x50m chip. Even if it's a new 750m. Budget graphics just dont cut it,especially when the recommended (and this wont even max it mind you) is an x60 (albeit 660 but the difference is there) and that isnt even factoring in the fact it's a LAPTOP card. And stay away from acer.
サーバ: Cactuar
user: Lian
By Poupee Goo 2013-10-26 09:31:12  
Should I got for my relic +1 first or go for my af2? Or is it just a matter of you can do w/e you want.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-10-26 13:07:47  
I think it depends on your job? IIRC Bard should get AF2 stuff before +1 since it's only 1 base damage more or whatever. You can do whatever you want really.
[+]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-10-27 12:03:48  
What's the base GP of (naked)50 Miner/Botanist? At work trying to run numbers through my head and I'm only 47 in each myself.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-27 12:06:50  
Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »
What's the base GP of (naked)50 Miner/Botanist? At work trying to run numbers through my head and I'm only 47 in each myself.
400, Naked BTN 50.
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-10-27 15:56:00  
for blm what is the best way to go about getting DL gear. should I buy vanya head/body and spend tomes on the rest of DL? halfway to being able to buy HQ of both and then only another day or two of crafting to be able to put a decent amount of materia into them. was also thinking of astral neck piece. or would it even be worth just crafting for a couple weeks and getting all HQ pieces? would even be able to use some for sch.

Feels like crafting would be easier than doing duty finder runs of AK.
at least just for those 3 pieces.
By Ravenn42 2013-10-28 11:50:55  
Is duty finder always so frustrating? I am only lvl 35 but most the dungeons I enter nobody talks I am on warrior so I am the tank I guess. I ask if they plan on sleeping or if I should super tank no reponse than I will die from no heals or mage will from other DD waking slept mobs... I get a u suck and disband. I have been marking mobs and doing what I am supposed 2. I am wondering should I just go change to a monk or dragoon to get through story and on 2 end game?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-10-28 13:00:04  
Sometimes you get those idiots who won't talk/listen but you got those even in XI, they exist in all games. It usually gets a bit better later on but you'll still get the occasional moron. Best thing to do is to find a good linkshell or free company and grab some members there for dungeons.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-10-29 11:55:55  
Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
for blm what is the best way to go about getting DL gear. should I buy vanya head/body and spend tomes on the rest of DL? halfway to being able to buy HQ of both and then only another day or two of crafting to be able to put a decent amount of materia into them. was also thinking of astral neck piece. or would it even be worth just crafting for a couple weeks and getting all HQ pieces? would even be able to use some for sch.

Feels like crafting would be easier than doing duty finder runs of AK.
at least just for those 3 pieces.

If you can afford to buy the pieces they're pretty good. It requires quite a lot of gil though since vanya and similar crafted items cost 1,125 philosophy tomes for a specific crafting item plus a handful of normal crafting items. Obviously if you're trying to do this in a self sufficient manner (buying the crafting materials with your own tomes) it wouldn't make much sense at all. Also, unless you'll just be doing Coil runs you'll still be doing AK for mythology tomes more than likely.

Ravenn42 said: »
Is duty finder always so frustrating? I am only lvl 35 but most the dungeons I enter nobody talks I am on warrior so I am the tank I guess. I ask if they plan on sleeping or if I should super tank no reponse than I will die from no heals or mage will from other DD waking slept mobs... I get a u suck and disband. I have been marking mobs and doing what I am supposed 2. I am wondering should I just go change to a monk or dragoon to get through story and on 2 end game?

Duty finder can be all over the place. I've had great groups and terrible ones that fail before anything difficult even presents itself. I don't imagine switching classes will improve your odds of getting a successful group, in fact being the tank probably gives you more control over the group's success than other classes. If you're marking enemies, holding hate, etc. you're doing your job. I usually assume nobody's going to sleep mobs unless I see them actively doing it. It's convenient, but often unnecessary and in more than a few places mobs can't be slept.
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-30 14:06:02  
How do you get the in-game time?

/clock didn't work for me. I'm trying to mine the ??? for level 50 and I can only see it at a certain time, I think.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-30 14:10:16  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
How do you get the in-game time?

/clock didn't work for me. I'm trying to mine the ??? for level 50 and I can only see it at a certain time, I think.
You click the "LT" (Local Time), this can be changed to "ST" (Server Time) or "ET" (Eorzea Time). On PS3 you need to use mouse mode (L1 + R3)
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-10-30 14:16:52  
Thanks!
[+]
By Poupee Goo 2013-10-30 16:18:34  
Best way to level your companion?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-30 16:30:13  
Poupee Goo said: »
Grind high level mobs. Individual FATE mobs that you get XP for also gives your chocobo XP, the XP rewarded at the end of a FATE doesn't count towards your Chocobo's rank.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-10-30 18:33:36  
Poupee Goo said: »

Farming Diremite webs on a L 20 - 30 job?
[+]
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-10-30 18:55:03  
So I figure I will ask here just because you guys are the only forum I read and it does have to do with ffxiv.

So I was originally planning on getting the samsung 840 evo 1tb SSD for my ps4 since it seems like a nice upgrade, and I already saw the video where the guy shows the benefits of playing ffxiv on a ps3 with a SSD.

Now I do play ffxiv on pc but will also be playing it on ps4. My only question is. I know that ssds have firmware updates that help it with little fixes and such and even sometimes performance increases. I assume this cant be done with a ps4 and will require a pc.

Now I will update my new SSD on my pc and then will install it in my ps4 I was just curious if those firmware updates really even matter? seeing as how im not going to take it out of my ps4 update it and put it back in.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-11-03 08:23:06  
In my FATE grinding ACN/SCH at Dragonhead, I've been waiting on Svara to pop since by the time I get to anything else, it's over or I can't see the mob till it dies. In doing this, I have a lot of downtime and I've begun to notice this one BRD at Dragonhead. What he seems to do is activate DF, disappear and in well under a minute reappear, rinse, repeat. He has full NQ MP-bought gear. So what is he doing? Is he just very picky? Have RMT started joining DFs to advertise?

EDIT: He's not a BRD, he's ARC. No other classes (and no jobs) unlocked, no minions, no mounts. wat

EDIT2: I parked my Coeurl a tad more West and I saw that it's not just one of these people, but 3. All Lalafell, all ARC 44, all in MP-bought NQ gear, all DFing, disappearing, reappearing in a few seconds, and repeating this process. o.O
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-11-03 12:18:48  
They're standing next to an NPC aren't they, a merchant/mender or whatnot.
By Ryndo Shikage 2013-11-07 04:51:58  
Ive got miner at lv.30 but I dont know what craft it compliments, armorer blacksmith or something else?

Also which is better between allagan spear and gae bolg +1?
By Poupee Goo 2013-11-07 16:00:04  
how much do people tip to meld materia onto items?
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-11-07 16:14:26  
When someone did mine I tipped them about 10k, pretty much the average.

Can vary between 5k-10k, or 15k if you feel generous.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22