フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » NQ Hauby vs. Shura Togi for SAM
NQ Hauby vs. Shura Togi for SAM
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Pandemonium.Krebons
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-08-13 17:42:24  
This is the biggest no-brainer ive seen thus far....

is this even a valid question?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 17:46:13  
Krebons said:
This is the biggest no-brainer ive seen thus far....

is this even a valid question?

No it's a joke question, hahahaha........

-.-

Really if you can't contribute anything constructive then don't.....
[+]
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-08-13 17:48:41  
Well, common sense would tell you why all you have found was "hauby pwns you n00b" everywhere... just stateing the obvious...
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 17:54:48  
Krebons said:
Well, common sense would tell you why all you have found was "hauby pwns you n00b" everywhere... just stateing the obvious...

Right....but has anyone done any parsing comparing one against the other? Nope, or not that I can find anywhere. And until someone can bring to light some kind of study, wouldn't that make everything that is posted just hearsay? Like I said in one of my earlier posts, I'm not arguing that Hauby isn't superior, but it seems like everyone is just mindlessly following what everyone else is doing and the best anyone can come up with is "just because". You can argue assumed stats such as 1 DEX = x amount of ACC, etc. all day long, but until someone shows some hard data, it's all moot as far as these two specific pieces of armor are concerned.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-08-13 17:59:12  
Again, there's a reason why no one has.... ITS OBVIOUS
[+]
 Ramuh.Ragni
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2009-08-13 17:59:15  
Hauby is better because it have more acc than shura... 10 acc + 5 dex makes it +13 acc ,shura is only 10... and when u getting TP u need to hit mob, right? :D Shura for MNK, Hauby for SAM, ws in Osode :)

Edit: And what u need parse? 13 accuracy vs 10 accuracy ? With 3 more accuracy u will miss less so Hauby wins here, yes shura have 10 more attack but SAM power is WS not normal attacks so there is answer, yes Hauby wins again Shura for TP SAM!
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 18:04:46  
Krebons said:
Again, there's a reason why no one has.... ITS OBVIOUS

Heh and it's OBVIOUS you do not have any data to back up what you're saying, which I believe is what I have asked for on several occasions so far :D
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-13 18:13:07  
ill put it as plain as it goes

Want to wear Shura go ahead

Any reason cuz you feel like it

also if you sooo want to see the diff go parse it yourself then IF its that much of a concern for you

id be parsing stuff insanely but vista is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and it won't work

so there ya go
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-08-13 18:14:40  
Thunderz said:

also if you sooo want to see the diff go parse it yourself then IF its that much of a concern for you

id be parsing stuff insanely but vista is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and it won't work

so there ya go

^^ this, so all the other sams can /point and /luagh too.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 18:24:32  
Krebons said:
Thunderz said:

so there ya go

^^ this, so all the other sams can /point and /luagh too.

Heh...I'll put this as plain as I can so even the two of you can understand then....I've asked on several occasions if anyone has seen any empirical data comparing these. Since neither of you have seen/know of any, that's perfectly fine. You have your own opinions, which is fine too. But, tbh, why in the hell are you going to reply if you don't have anything constructive to say other than the same "Hauby, hauby, hauby" BS eh? If you would read the prior posts, which is obvious you didn't, you would see that I have stated several times that I am not saying that Hauby is the inferior TP piece....at all......but yet you still feel the need to come in here and post. You don't have data? Fine. You think Hauby is the greatest thing in the world since chocolate covered wombats? Well that's fine too. But unless you have something constructive to say, don't come in here and cop an attitude......

Btw Krebons, your SAM is 32 so...............................?
[+]
 Hades.Rictor
サーバ: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2009-08-13 18:25:22  
I had an old character that had Sam 75 and out of these two options, I would have preferred Shura Togi during those times when I had to tank, which were way too often before level sync. I would also prefer Shura for Nin so that shadows last a little longer. DD wise though, Hauby all the way
 Kujata.Houshisama
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-08-13 18:28:03  
hauby:
5 dex: 3.75 acc plus an increased critical hit hate
5 strength: 3.75 attack, AND not just for ws, it CAN (5 strength is significant) increase the Fstr function, which raises the range in which your regular hits do damage...say from 100-140 to 105-145 or something like that....
10 acc: all good
10 att: all good

Shura Togi: 10 acc 20 attack. for me, not worth the loss of 3.75 accuracy, some critical hit rate, 5 str, ..... all for what is realistically a 6.25 increase in attack
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 18:29:47  
You know what, screw it, forget I even posted this since nobody obviously knows of any data studies concerning this. I'm just going to go TP in my Scorpion Harness.......

SH FTW!

-.-
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-08-13 18:31:47  
Taintedone said:
You know what, screw it, forget I even posted this since nobody obviously knows of any data studies concerning this. I'm just going to go TP in my Scorpion Harness.......

SH FTW!

-.-

read my post ***

Houshisama said:
hauby:
5 strength: 3.75 attack, AND not just for ws, it CAN (5 strength is significant) increase the Fstr function, which raises the range in which your regular hits do damage...say from 100-140 to 105-145 or something like that....

Shura Togi: 10 acc 20 attack. for me, not worth the loss of 3.75 accuracy, some critical hit rate, 5 str, ..... all for what is realistically a 6.25 increase in attack
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 18:34:08  
Houshisama said:
Taintedone said:

SH FTW!

-.-

read my post ***

Houshisama said:
hauby:

Shura Togi: 10 acc 20 attack. for me, not worth the loss of 3.75 accuracy, some critical hit rate, 5 str, ..... all for what is realistically a 7.25 increase in attack

Heh read my post *** huh? How about you piss off eh bud? Like I said data studies, you're post hardly rates as any type of data study.
[+]
 Valefor.Dooom
サーバ: Valefor
user: Dooom
By Valefor.Dooom 2009-08-13 18:36:09  
Reads to me like the OP is just looking for justification to use Shura on his Samurai, and when told to use hauby, and even when shown why hauby is better, adopts a *LALALA NOT LISTENING* attitude. People don't need to parse it because they can theorycraft it, which is a much more accurate way of comparing two pieces of gear than parsing actually is, due to all the billions of factors which influence a parse but play no role in theorycraft.

TP in Hauby, WS in osode (Hauby until you get it), be happy.

edit - if you really want "data studies", go to Alla or KI or BG, and they will tell you exactly what has been said here: haub beats shura for samurai.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 18:39:40  
Dooom said:
Reads to me like the OP is just looking for justification to use Shura on his Samurai, and when told to use hauby, and even when shown why hauby is better, adopts a *LALALA NOT LISTENING* attitude. People don't need to parse it because they can theorycraft it, which is a much more accurate way of comparing two pieces of gear than parsing actually is, due to all the billions of factors which influence a parse but play no role in theorycraft.

TP in Hauby, WS in osode (Hauby until you get it), be happy.

edit - if you really want "data studies", go to Alla or KI or BG, and they will tell you exactly what has been said here: haub beats shura for samurai.

Yup that's exactly what I'm doing, never mind that I keep repeating myself "I'M NOT SAYING HAUBY IS INFERIOR" but apparently I'm taking a "LALALA not listening" attitude....it seems that some ppl are taking a "LALALA I don't read prior posts" attitude.....
[+]
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-08-13 18:39:58  
ohh well, since ppl can't talk seriously w/o argue/flame, i wanted to try out the link FFXI gears betwin 2 "Average end game geared SAM" Average cos of the non HQ/Extremly expensive stuff

So there is the Shura 1
http://ffxigear.com/?ref=20089

& here a SAM with same gears but a Hauby
http://ffxigear.com/?ref=20092

See the difference ?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-13 18:54:46  
No need for anyone to come off negatively. lol, lawdy. I dunno how better to explain than what I said on the first page, so all I'll add is that most tests aren't done when the results seem more-or-less apparent and in this case I just don't imagine anyone would've spent the time to compare the two in depth since there isn't much mystery. Given that I don't think any parses are going to pop up!

Made the effort to search KI and anything relevant to this topic was purely opinion there as well and even when this discussion was going on it was before the 2H buff where the competition was closer and people were still split then. Either way during TP phase Shura and Hauby aren't going to make a huge difference one way or another. There's a decent argument for Hauby edging Shura out, but as long as you aren't WS'ing in Togi no one will likely ***. lol
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-08-13 19:00:16  
Caiyuo said:
No need for anyone to come off negatively. lol, lawdy. I dunno how better to explain than what I said on the first page, so all I'll add is that most tests aren't done when the results seem more-or-less apparent and in this case I just don't imagine anyone would've spent the time to compare the two in depth since there isn't much mystery. Given that I don't think any parses are going to pop up!

Made the effort to search KI and anything relevant to this topic was purely opinion there as well and even when this discussion was going on it was before the 2H buff where the competition was closer and people were still split then. Either way during TP phase Shura and Hauby aren't going to make a huge difference one way or another. There's a decent argument for Hauby edging Shura out, but as long as you aren't WS'ing in Togi no one will likely ***. lol

No, we'll just /point /laugh
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 19:05:31  
Krebons said:
Caiyuo said:

No, we'll just /point /laugh

Heh Krebons you need to lvl your SAM before you can /point and /laugh at anything.....lol
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-13 19:07:27  
Taitedone,

Your question was actually answered in the first reply.

TP'ing builds for SAM are concerned with 3 stats. Accuracy, Haste, and Store TP.

Accuracy -> You can't get TP if you don't hit.
Haste -> The faster you hit, the more TP/sec gained.
STP -> I wish I knew the exact amount to get a 6-hit and 5-hit build, but the concept here is that you want to get just enough STP to get 100 TP in X amount of hits.

Haubergeon (due to the DEX+5) has More Accuracy than Shura Togi (and Shura Togi +1 even). Because of this, there's no reason to parse them. Haub is Objectively Better than Shura Togi.

Also, while I'm here, don't TP in Kirin's Osode and it's generally not acceptable to TP in Askar. Though, I'm sure that Askar has an ideal situation, one being a Relic build.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-08-13 19:08:43  
Wow... all this for 2 body pieces which will more than likely have minimal differences...

EDIT: Ghlin, here's a STP calculator: http://evileden.com/tp/index.php
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-08-13 19:09:45  
Hey guess what lol this isnt my first character... ill /point and /laugh at what i want cause i know whats right ans what should be worn in each situation in endgame for sam.. i dont need to ask about shura togi cause its ***compared to hauby.. so there.. you wanna waste your time and money parse it yourself and then kick yourself in the face when hauby comes out on top like it will kthxbai
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-13 19:10:35  
Corrderio: Cool, thanks man.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 19:10:45  
Ghlin said:
Taitedone,

Your question was actually answered in the first reply.

TP'ing builds for SAM are concerned with 3 stats. Accuracy, Haste, and Store TP.

Accuracy -> You can't get TP if you don't hit.
Haste -> The faster you hit, the more TP/sec gained.
STP -> I wish I knew the exact amount to get a 6-hit and 5-hit build, but the concept here is that you want to get just enough STP to get 100 TP in X amount of hits.

Haubergeon (due to the DEX+5) has More Accuracy than Shura Togi (and Shura Togi +1 even). Because of this, there's no reason to parse them. Haub is Objectively Better than Shura Togi.

Also, while I'm here, don't TP in Kirin's Osode and it's generally not acceptable to TP in Askar. Though, I'm sure that Askar has an ideal situation, one being a Relic build.

6-hits are 46 STP with a 450 delay GK, 5-hits...well....thinking it's 60 or 70 something, not quite sure, but it's not easily/realistically attainable.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 19:11:53  
Krebons said:
Hey guess what lol this isnt my first character... ill /point and /laugh at what i want cause i know whats right ans what should be worn in each situation in endgame for sam.. i dont need to ask about shura togi cause its ***compared to hauby.. so there.. you wanna waste your time and money parse it yourself and then kick yourself in the face when hauby comes out on top like it will kthxbai

Kreb, how about you stop clogging up my forum? >_>
kthxbai ^^
[+]
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-08-13 19:12:37  
Hey guess what: stop makeing stupid threads that a 2 year old could answer

and seriously if you hav to ask that you shouldnt be playing sam in the first place.. go back to rdm lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 19:13:14  
Corrderio said:
Wow... all this for 2 body pieces which will more than likely have minimal differences...

EDIT: Ghlin, here's a STP calculator: http://evileden.com/tp/index.php

Heh yeah....all I asked was a simple question, the majority of the answers have been something to the effect of BWARRAHARHRHRHARHRHRAHRH you suck BAHWAHRWHLWRHWHREHREHSHAHS

>_>
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-08-13 19:14:38  
Krebons, please do not start on the thread. Contribute or don't post.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10