サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-18 19:29:24
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Dubont said:
Vincevalentine said:
User submitted image

Look i already said hauby was better but Speed belt is better than swift belt...go *** at all the swift belt users now. Point is, Shura is an alternative to hauby, a great one at that. Is it as good as hauby? No but its right up there with it. Is swift belt as good as Speed belt? no but u see more ppl with swift than Speed b/c its what they want to use.

My e-peen isn't huge just because you're *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. /endthread
 Hades.Jonoki
サーバ: Hades
user: Jonoki
By Hades.Jonoki 2009-08-18 19:32:11  
I think you have too much hate in your life vincent, wayyy to touchy and aggresive.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-18 19:34:04  
Dubont said:
Speed belt is better than swift belt...go *** at all the swift belt users now.

You can't compare an incredibly rare, hard to get superior drop with a fairly common, not very hard to get inferior piece. There's really no comparison. It's as bad as TPing in a Denali Bonnet: deliberately putting in more effort to be inferior.

At the end of the day, will I kick you for using a Togi? Nope. Will I think less of you? Yes. If you're willing to cut corners on an essential slot and buying a Haubergeon is easy, god knows where else you're willing to take shortcuts.

Jonoki said:
I use it alot in merit pts with penta thrust

Penta Thrust has a DEX mod and relies more heavily on accuracy than attack <_<
[+]
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-18 19:34:40  
Dubont said:

ok lets see...1) Personal accomplishment b/c some people are collectors and dont play for OMG I HITZ DIS HARD I HITZ AWSUMZ! They play for the self satisfaction of aquiring hard to get items. 2) No it doesnt make them gimp. Really? Gimp b/c of 3 less acc? Thats like saying Someone is gimp for not having a blitz ring. 3) Not everyone has sky access there are still new players and not everyone has shura for the same reason therefore it is a personal accomplishment. 4) There are other gear choices in this game as alternatives to gear. For example, Hkote and Okote. Okote has more att but some ppl dont want to camp NMs so some get the Hkote and visa versa. Do you call a Mnk with Hkote gimp for using an alternative that is almost on par with Okote? If you do then you have severe issues. 5) Shura is no way warrants the ridiculous gear comment. Shura is on par with Hauby as an alternative. Yes hauby is slightly better but Shura is a good alternative therefore its not ridiculous. Ridiculous would be Sam at lv 75 using Jaridah. And once again, Shura fits the sam theme. I dont play by looks if i did my drk wouldnt have a Feather in his turban but u better believe as soon as i get ace's helm my turban will be put the side and never again used. Once again, you pay for the game therefore you play how you want. Yelling at someone for not having THE best but on par gear just proves your immaturity and most likely young age or low self esteem yet huge e-peen.

Shura togi isn't all that difficult to get and is not even close to be considered a rare item. Also as I said many times before.. It's not that fact that Haubergeon is clearly a better choice then Shura Togi but the fact that you refuse to use Haubergeon over it even though its; a) cheaper, b) easier to obtain, and lets not forget c) clearly better.

And read my last sentence and write it down then read it aloud. From what your saying is that you would use Shura togi over haubergeon because it fits the SAM theme. That is a stupid gear choice therefore, making you gimp. And you contridicted yourself in the next sentence.

Also I'm 17. What's up?

Alsoooo;
Quote:
Unless you can prove to me in your next post why Shura Togi should ever be used over Haubergeon and what are the advantages and disadvantages to it.

Where is this?
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 19:47:09  
Geldric said:
User submitted image

but seriously i never said shura was better but if i had it i would use it. Would i use it over a hauby? In serious situations no. Would i *** at a sam for using it? No. Do you need a life? Yes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-18 19:49:25  
Useless thread, he hasn't been able to answer my question in 3 posts therefore declaring yourself and any other Shura togi user gimp and lacking common sense.

Dubont said:
proves your immaturity and most likely young age or low self esteem yet huge e-peen.

How exactly are you acting?

Then stop *** posting acting like you know what the *** your talking about.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 19:53:48  
Geldric said:
Useless thread, he hasn't been able to answer my question in 3 posts therefore declaring yourself and any other Shura togi user gimp and lacking common sense.

Dubont said:
proves your immaturity and most likely young age or low self esteem yet huge e-peen.

How exactly are you acting?

Shura users arent gimp just because they dont have the end all gear like mr epeen. Shura is on par with Sam and deals comparable dmg for TP (obviously not ws). Once again, would you call a swift belt user gimp for not using Speed belt? =) Speed belt is obviously better. Or ok better example, Vbelt...Vbelt (to some) is easier to get...and is better so why not tell everyone to get Vbelt or gtfo like ur doing with Hauby vs shura?
[+]
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-18 19:59:40  
Shura users are gimp because they refuse to use the cheaper, better, and easier to obtain haubergeon. If they don't then they are making poor gear choices and more then likely have other poor gear choices thats going to add to their overall playstyle. If your using an item because of its looks when theres one better and cheaper, as in this case, then your gimp for using it. No questions asked. Also Haubergeon is in no way at all endgame gear. It's bought off the *** AH for 250k. Shura is also not on par with Haubergeon. An haubergeon SAM will outdmg a Shura SAM. Easy.

And why the *** are you going to imply that, as stated earlier, an item of considerable superiority to an item which is still not gimp to this the difference between these 2 items? There are no similarities at all. If you have a Velocious/Speed belt but use Swift belt over it because you like it and it makes you feel cool then yes, you are gimp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-18 20:02:26  
Are you still really comparing a Velocious Belt or a Speed Belt to a Shura Togi? Furthermore, are you still really comparing superiority to inferiority and calling them the same thing?

I don't see how you can possibly justify that comparison... it's absurd.

The best comparison I can think of is Denali Bonnet vs Walahra Turban.

Shura deals about 2.2% less melee damage over time, including ~2.1% less weaponskills in a typical scenario.

5str = ~1.5625% DoT
3.75acc = ~2.08% DoT/WS frequency

6.25atk = ~1.4% DoT.

You seem to confuse wanting "end all gear" with wanting players smart about their gear.

I respect a player more who makes intelligent choices than someone with 7acc ring/Shura Togi on SAM, or V Belt + Denali Bonnet on THF etc. I don't ask for "end all" gear. I don't expect it. I do expect someone to take some time and really critically analyse their gear.

If that's too much work, just Campaign or whatever all of your time. As soon as you enter a group situation, your laziness is harming everyone.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 20:08:17  
Geldric said:

And why the *** are you going to imply that, as stated earlier, an item of considerable superiority to an item which is still not gimp to this the difference between these 2 items? There are no similarities at all. If you have a Velocious/Speed belt but use Swift belt over it because you like it and it makes you feel cool then yes, you are gimp.

but to some Vbelt may be easier to get than swift just like shura being easier to get than hauby. =) So what if they dont have a hauby but they have a shura? Are they gimp? If you say yes then you are stating the same for Vbelt and swift since 1 is easier to obtain than the other given ur access and where ur LS stands. Another example, a thf has nq SH, are u gonna *** at them for not having a R harness? Or visa versa. How about a blm that has black cloak instead of vermy? or uses Vmuffs b/c they dont have Zmitts? The point is, SE put alternative gear options in the game for a reason. It shouldnt be your place to tell them they are wrong just b/c of your opinion of what's best for YOU. Thats the only reason why u are doing this. You think a sam in ur pty using hauby will get YOU more exp....well what if they dont like using hauby? What if they prefer Shura? Its not ur place to tell them they cant when obviously they can and still do good dmg and everyone still get good xp and have a good time playing. If you let someone else's gear choice ruin your day that bad then you need therapy...or go to wow where there are others like urself all over the place.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-18 20:16:00  
Quote:
but to some Vbelt may be easier to get than swift just like shura being easier to get than hauby. =)

Logical flaw #1: Vbelt is better than Swift, Shura is not better than Hauby.

Quote:
thf has nq SH, are u gonna *** at them for not having a R harness?

Logical flaw #2: SH and Rapparee Harness are situationally better than each other, Shura Togi is never superior to NQ Haubergeon.

Quote:
How about a blm that has black cloak instead of vermy?

Logical flaw #3: Both items here provide the same function. In fact, an argument could be made that you can at least nuke in Black Cloak at the level you get it depending on the rest of your gear whereas nuking in Vermillion Cloak would be dumb. The flaw is that this doesn't relate to Hauby vs Shura AT ALL.

Quote:
Vmuffs b/c they dont have Zmitts?

Logical flaw #4: VMuffs are (generally) easier to get than Zenith Mitts. Shura Togi is not easier to get than Haubergeon. Now, if Zenith Mitts could be bought off of the AH for a reasonably cheap price...

Quote:
well what if they dont like using hauby?

What if I don't like using a weapon? What if I don't like engaging the monster until 50%? Granted these are extreme examples but still. When you do stuff as a party, you suck it up for the good of the party if for some reason you are so opposed to using a Haubergeon. See: subbing Ninja.

Quote:
If you let someone else's gear choice ruin your day that bad then you need therapy

How is it ruining our day? I don't really care. Trying to justify it is dumb. It's not going to make me lose sleep.
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-08-18 20:17:50  
Look, there are far more worrying sights out there.. There are some 'people' who full time domaru, i know how that sounds but i can assure you its very true.
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-18 20:22:16  
Raenryong is handling you from now on. You've arrived at the point where I can even begin to comprehend your stupidity and the examples you're making. I'm beginning to doubt you even play FFXI.

Fulltime domaru? No such thing.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-18 20:25:23  
QFT

Some people don't get SAM

thats why 95% of people make us look us bad
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-08-18 20:31:19  
Thunderz said:
QFT

Someone people don't get SAM

Judging on your current main weapon your doing it wrong! :)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-18 20:33:27  
'Sokay, his Smn uses a Hagun.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-18 20:41:16  
Geldric said:

Fulltime domaru? No such thing.

Oh? I see fail Sams fulltiming Domaru all the time lol.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-08-18 20:45:08  
Finally something we all agree on, Goodnight!
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-18 20:49:31  
Dirtyfinger said:
Thunderz said:
QFT

Someo people don't get SAM

Judging on your current main weapon your doing it wrong! :)

twas *** around in camp
 Pandemonium.Treppe
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-08-19 07:38:13  
<yawn> what time is it. Are we still talking about this again. Lets just all TP Nakid or close to it for the sake of the Zooes. If you rememebr them taht is ^_^. I miss the Zooes they were fun to watch lol.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-19 08:09:59  
Taintedone said:
Nightmarelord said:
Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaint wtf MAN! THIS THREAD IS STILL GOING ON...

LMAO don't blame me bro, I stopped posting hoping this thread would die >_>

I'm right there with you, except I stopped posting hoping some of the people raising holy hell would die.

I'm still holding out.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-19 08:14:17  
Jonoki said:
This is a serious matter! Just look at all the number crunching that has gone into it.
This is bigger than the OJ case.

I lol'd.

This can all be fixed too if Tainted (The OP) asks Aly to close the thread...
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-19 08:27:19  
I don't get this.

Hauby is easier to get as you don't have to complete a whole bloody expansion pack to access the AH.

Hauby is better in every situation, the maths is impossible to argue with.

Yes people can choose to wear what they want, but why they would want to chase after an item that is always worse than something they should already have it beyond me, and why you would want to justify that thought process is stupid.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-19 09:02:25  
b/c its a game and shura (while not as good) can get almost as good results? Im just saying its a good alternative to hauby. The fact still remains though that you dont pay for their game and shura or hauby isnt game breaking so should it really matter?
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-19 09:18:58  
It matters because the OP asked which was better

I am not going to run across WG just to tell a Shura SAM that he is doing it wrong.

BUT when the SAM asks then people will answer.

To then defend the use of the 'worse' item in a thread all about 'which is better' is just trolling/flame bait.
[+]
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-19 09:19:05  
The question is WHY would you use it? When Haubergeon, for the 100th time, is cheaper, better, and easier to get.
 Caitsith.Katas
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2009-08-19 09:30:44  
Same reason RuPaul dresses like a girl, cause he chooses to be a tool. God gave us free will, but umm think that is the wrong use of it but meh, just find where he lives and off him Jay and Silent Bob style.

Now shut down this thread ftloG
 Pandemonium.Natasdrol
By Pandemonium.Natasdrol 2009-08-19 09:33:35  
Why is this even a post. that stats alone show that a nq/hq hauby will destroy shura togi. why is there nine pages about it?
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-19 09:41:47  
Natasdrol said:
Why is this even a post. that stats alone show that a nq/hq hauby will destroy shura togi. why is there nine pages about it?

Because babies are ugly.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-19 09:56:09  
Raenryong said:
Dubont said:
Speed belt is better than swift belt...go *** at all the swift belt users now.

You can't compare an incredibly rare, hard to get superior drop with a fairly common, not very hard to get inferior piece. There's really no comparison. It's as bad as TPing in a Denali Bonnet: deliberately putting in more effort to be inferior.

At the end of the day, will I kick you for using a Togi? Nope. Will I think less of you? Yes. If you're willing to cut corners on an essential slot and buying a Haubergeon is easy, god knows where else you're willing to take shortcuts.

Jonoki said:
I use it alot in merit pts with penta thrust

Penta Thrust has a DEX mod and relies more heavily on accuracy than attack <_<

what's wrong with denali bonnet!? ;;
i have one but i don't use it on my dnc, but cause it doesn't look right with rapparee. Q.Q

and woot page 10. ;3
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10