users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » NQ Hauby vs. Shura Togi for SAM
NQ Hauby vs. Shura Togi for SAM
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-18 14:39:14  
This topic should have ended on Page 2 at the max.

For tping on SAM, Hauby. Idiots who say Togi will stick with Togi no matter what you tell them so just stop...please...for the love of god stop this thread.
[+]
 Caitsith.Katas
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2009-08-18 14:41:39  
I am shocked this is even a thread... /sigh

Imagion if people had a choice to have down syndrom as well... if this game is a marker for that outcome we are screwed.
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-18 14:41:55
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

You mean... Stop... please... for the love of god stop reading this thread?

I think that'll solve your problems.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 14:47:03  
Vincevalentine said:
Giving the "I pay for it, thusly I can *** up your xp by being as shitty of a character as I want!" argument is ***. You can take that and shove it in your ***, while you buy a haubergeon and *** like it.

This ***always makes me laugh my *** off.

Strike a deal with you.
You come work my Job and Pay my Bills...
And I'll TP/WS in anything you want me to on Any Job.

Just don't *** up my good paying salary job with your fail, and I won't *** up your precious exp party with mine.

THEN...maybe you'll get over yourself and realize its just a god damn game you're getting all *** bothered and angry over.

Kuz ~ 75 Togi Wearing Fail Samurai
Proud Member of the "Disco Stick" Union

P.S. I own a Hauby, Togi, and Osode and find I get my best results TPing in my Togi, and WS in my Osode.
And that's where I stand.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-18 14:51:19  
lol... You can play any way 'you' want. But, I can still kick you from a party for whatever reason 'I' want. =)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-18 15:02:05

You find the best results from your Togi? Where you getting them from? Your ***?

Anyone TP'n in Togi is plain ignorant, lazy, or just *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Defending it against the OBVIOUSLY superior piece is just worse. I have no idea how the *** you idiots can even think 4 attack is better than everything else the Haub provides. (By the way, it's only 4 attack above a Haubergeon +1. Still like your piece of ***body piece?)

Togi = MNK ONRY.

Haubergeon = SAM and NIN ONRY.

Togi+SAM = OH GOD NO, WHY ARE YOU SO HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?!

Oh, and being so blatantly against the superior choice just because you pay your own way in this game shows just how stupid you are. If you pay for it, wouldn't you want to be the best? OF COURSE NOT! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

User submitted image
Wow, I found a pic of you playing FF!
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 15:08:34  
Vincevalentine said:
You find the best results from your Togi? Where you getting them from? Your ***?

Yes, my *** dispenses Shura Togi.
How'd ya guess?
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-18 15:12:31  
Vincevalentine said:
You mean... Stop... please... for the love of god stop reading this thread?

I think that'll solve your problems.

I did stop reading it a while ago.

I am sick of seeing it in the Latest Topics.
[+]
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-18 15:12:41

I was referring to what orifice you pulled the actual results out of, not what you shat the Togi out of. Way to fail even harder, Disco Stick boy.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 15:16:56  
Vincevalentine said:
I was referring to what orifice you pulled the actual results out of, not what you shat the Togi out of. Way to fail even harder, Disco Stick boy.

Ah.... those came from my other ***
(I have two in case one breaks down)

Anything else I can help you with?
or are you enjoying the aneurysm this is all giving you?

honestly man, relax before your head explodes.
"Man's head explodes while posting to Popular FFXI website" isn't exactly a headline we want to see tomorrow.
[+]
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-18 15:17:40

If I'm just going to get rated down here for telling some of the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE people I've dealt with in a long time they're wrong, I may just stay a little while longer. I can see I'm getting to some of you if you've gotta go through and rate down every one of my posts, so I'll just continue what I'm doing. -.^

I'm not angry at all, lol. It just so happens that my pet peeve is anything surrounding ignorant people, so I guess your existence makes me come off a bit... pissed? I mean, I am offended by your sheer lack of intelligence.
 Pandemonium.Treppe
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-08-18 15:21:27  
Vincevalentine said:

And Treppe, you shouldn't be using Relic head for anything other than town gear. It's poo. If you need the accuracy that bad, something else is wrong other than your headpiece. Either Walahra Turban for the 5% haste, or Askar Zucchetto for it's obviously comparative stats. You need to ditch the togi though. It's town gear. I'm not joking. I've owned one for years, and refuse to wear it on SAM. lol

To each his own i guess. thanks for the advice though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 15:26:13  
LOL and I'm offended you tell me how to operate what I spend money on!
Guess we're even.

Look at that. Two grown adult men Agreeing to Disagree.
Careful...the internet MAY implode.

P.S. Don't concern yourself with click-happy morons rating everyone down.
you could post winning lottery numbers, or pictures of happy fluffy bunnies and get 5million people rating you down for no reason.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-18 15:37:20  
HAHAHAHA so did I.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 16:16:28  
Vincevalentine said:
Giving the "I pay for it, thusly I can *** up your xp by being as shitty of a character as I want!" argument is ***. You can take that and shove it in your ***, while you buy a haubergeon and *** like it.

And Treppe, you shouldn't be using Relic head for anything other than town gear. It's poo. If you need the accuracy that bad, something else is wrong other than your headpiece. Either Walahra Turban for the 5% haste, or Askar Zucchetto for it's obviously comparative stats. You need to ditch the togi though. It's town gear. I'm not joking. I've owned one for years, and refuse to wear it on SAM. lol

Shura wont make u shitty or gimp ur xp lol..u may not be as 1337 as people that try too hard on a game but ull still be right up there with them...but yea the leather thing was a joke..i would never do that although i have seen some who do....b/c apparently wearing leather like a 80's rockstar is cooler than actually killing anything
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-18 16:59:29  
Why is it so hard to spend 250k on a superior body piece that is easier and less costlier to obtain then Shura Togi?

It's not the fact that Haubergeon is better, its the fact that you people refuse to use it and continue to wear Shura Togi when math and formulas were implemented throughout these pages to show that Haubergeon is the clear winner. Using a Haubergeon over Shura Togi is not being 1337 or elite, as you would like to call it, it's being smart and not being lazy. On the topic of what Vince said that one poor gear choice easily leads to another is true.

Also; Saotome Kabuto is worthless. Town gear only, if that. If an event warrants for your use of acc then upgrade in other slots. Don't take away a great piece for one thats at the most subpar.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 17:12:14  
Geldric said:
Why is it so hard to spend 250k on a superior body piece that is easier and less costlier to obtain then Shura Togi?

It's not the fact that Haubergeon is better, its the fact that you people refuse to use it and continue to wear Shura Togi when math and formulas were implemented throughout these pages to show that Haubergeon is the clear winner. Using a Haubergeon over Shura Togi is not being 1337 or elite, as you would like to call it, it's being smart and not being lazy.

Ok you just said Shura was harder to get but then turn around and call those using it lazy? FAIL! but in all seriousness, using shura doesnt make you gimp at all, you have what..3ish less acc with shura which can ammount to a great ammount but 3 acc isnt game breaking. Also the hauby is ugly as hell, costs money, and doesnt fit the typical "theme" of a samurai. Also shura looks cool, is harder to get, is more of a personal accomplishment than anything, and isnt that much lower than hauby. I remember when NOT everyone had a hauby. There were actually sams who Xpd in the AF body...did anyone *** then? Nope not at all..but now hauby is lower in price (but so is everything else) and O M G hauby or no pty noobs!!!! Seriously..its a game...grow up..stop being elitist and realize that YOU dont run the game for everyone =D But back to another statement...if someone is using ridiculous gear...that calls for a bitchout...but using shura over hauby..no...just take a chill pill and stfu
[+]
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-18 17:28:07  
Dubont said:
Geldric said:

It's not the fact that Haubergeon is better, its the fact that you people refuse to use it and continue to wear Shura Togi when math and formulas were implemented throughout these pages to show that Haubergeon is the clear winner. Using a Haubergeon over Shura Togi is not being 1337 or elite, as you would like to call it, it's being smart and not being lazy.

Ok you just said Shura was harder to get but then turn around and call those using it lazy? FAIL! but in all seriousness, using shura doesnt make you gimp at all, you have what..3ish less acc with shura which can ammount to a great ammount but 3 acc isnt game breaking. Also the hauby is ugly as hell, costs money, and doesnt fit the typical "theme" of a samurai. Also shura looks cool, is harder to get, is more of a personal accomplishment than anything, and isnt that much lower than hauby. I remember when NOT everyone had a hauby. There were actually sams who Xpd in the AF body...did anyone *** then? Nope not at all..but now hauby is lower in price (but so is everything else) and O M G hauby or no pty noobs!!!! Seriously..its a game...grow up..stop being elitist and realize that YOU dont run the game for everyone =D But back to another statement...if someone is using ridiculous gear...that calls for a bitchout...but using shura over hauby..no...just take a chill pill and stfu

Really?
It makes you gimp because there is a better and cheaper alternative then Shura Togi. Its basically 250k(Haubergeon) vs. a ~600k(Shura Togi). Not every sky ls has a endless bank that pays for cursed items. From what your saying is that you play the game for looks and use items that look good. How the *** is Shura a personal accomplishment when sky has been out how long?

The point you made saying when people used to meleed in AF body and no one bitched at them is invalid due the fact that around that time people still meleed in str rings and believed that haste gear was not needed and str/atk/acc was all the rage. Formulas and theories have been developed, tested, and proven or disproven since then. Shura Togi on samurai warrants the ridiculous gear comment. Unless you can prove to me in your next post why Shura Togi should ever be used over Haubergeon and what are the advantages and disadvantages to it.

Edit; Being elitest about gear choices and being smart about gear choices are two very completely different things.
 Hades.Jonoki
サーバ: Hades
user: Jonoki
By Hades.Jonoki 2009-08-18 17:31:53  
I own both Shura Togi and Hauby +1 and as a all rounder Hauby wins, but there is a place for Shura no doubt. I use it alot in merit pts with penta thrust.. thats about it.. But in no way is Shura a bad piece, but like every single other piece of gear.. situational.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 17:44:01  
Geldric said:

Really?
It makes you gimp because there is a better and cheaper alternative then Shura Togi. Its basically 250k(Haubergeon) vs. a ~600k(Shura Togi). Not every sky ls has a endless bank that pays for cursed items. From what your saying is that you play the game for looks and use items that look good. How the *** is Shura a personal accomplishment when sky has been out how long?

The point you made saying when people used to meleed in AF body and no one bitched at them is invalid due the fact that around that time people still meleed in str rings and believed that haste gear was not needed and str/atk/acc was all the rage. Formulas and theories have been developed, tested, and proven or disproven since then. Shura Togi on samurai warrants the ridiculous gear comment. Unless you can prove to me in your next post why Shura Togi should ever be used over Haubergeon and what are the advantages and disadvantages to it.

Edit; Being elitest about gear choices and being smart about gear choices are two very completely different things.

ok lets see...1) Personal accomplishment b/c some people are collectors and dont play for OMG I HITZ DIS HARD I HITZ AWSUMZ! They play for the self satisfaction of aquiring hard to get items. 2) No it doesnt make them gimp. Really? Gimp b/c of 3 less acc? Thats like saying Someone is gimp for not having a blitz ring. 3) Not everyone has sky access there are still new players and not everyone has shura for the same reason therefore it is a personal accomplishment. 4) There are other gear choices in this game as alternatives to gear. For example, Hkote and Okote. Okote has more att but some ppl dont want to camp NMs so some get the Hkote and visa versa. Do you call a Mnk with Hkote gimp for using an alternative that is almost on par with Okote? If you do then you have severe issues. 5) Shura is no way warrants the ridiculous gear comment. Shura is on par with Hauby as an alternative. Yes hauby is slightly better but Shura is a good alternative therefore its not ridiculous. Ridiculous would be Sam at lv 75 using Jaridah. And once again, Shura fits the sam theme. I dont play by looks if i did my drk wouldnt have a Feather in his turban but u better believe as soon as i get ace's helm my turban will be put the side and never again used. Once again, you pay for the game therefore you play how you want. Yelling at someone for not having THE best but on par gear just proves your immaturity and most likely young age or low self esteem yet huge e-peen.
[+]
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-18 18:03:00

No, ridiculous is a 75SAM wearing a Togi. I'm sorry, but it's WRONG. I'm going to put the math out ONE MORE TIME, and if you people are still defending the inferior choice afterwards, to hell with you. You spent more gil on a less worthy piece, and it's your own damn fault. No need to defend mediocrity.

Haubergeon: +5STR, +5DEX, +10 Accuracy, +10 Attack, -20 evasion, -5AGI
Shura Togi: HP-50, Accuracy +10, Attack +20.

The accuracy stats cancel each other out, so it comes down to this after one elimination:

Haub: +5STR, +5 DEX, +10 Attack, -20 evasion, -5AGI
Togi: HP-50, +20 attack.

Now, cancel out the attack values between them, and we have this:

Haub: +5STR, +5DEX, -20 evasion, -5AGI
Togi: HP-50, +10 attack.

Now let's convert STR and DEX into attack/accuracy shall we? We'll cancel out the attack on togi at the same time, since it has more.

Haub: +5STR, +5DEX (.5% critical hit rate), +3.75 accuracy, -20 evasion, -5AGI
Togi: HP-50, +6.25 attack.

Huh, wouldn't you look at that? Haubergeon kept it's +5STR and DEX after converting those values into attack/accuracy, why? Oh, it's because STR counts towards fSTR, and DEX counts towards critical hit rate, whereas Togi has nothing to counteract these values. 5STR is almost guaranteed to raise your fSTR one level, in turn raising your weapon's base damage. So not only is it providing you attack on top of the +attack value on the body, it's providing a boost to your base damage as well.

Can you people see this now? Haubergeon has the advantage. It costs LESS than a Shura Togi, gives you more accuracy, adds to your base damage, and also adds a little to your critical hit rate.

Shura Togi provides 6.25 attack, and a hit to your hp.

Sure, Haubergeon provides -5AGI and -20 evasion, but would you really be wearing it if you're trying to survive? No. That should be an Arhat's Gi (+1) in that slot, so neither of these pieces come into play for the solo factor.

Please stop arguing this people. Haubergeon is better, and that's not going to change whatever you may think. Using a Togi while realizing this is just your own fault, and you deserve a /point /laugh in your direction. I'm here trying to save you from being laughed at people, but if you can't appreciate that, die in a fire.

(And no, the togi is not on par with great SAM gear. NQ Haub is on par. HQ Haub is best, alongside Hachiryu Haramaki/Usukane Haramaki in their own situations.)

/Thread.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 18:11:35  
Vincevalentine said:
User submitted image

Look i already said hauby was better but Speed belt is better than swift belt...go *** at all the swift belt users now. Point is, Shura is an alternative to hauby, a great one at that. Is it as good as hauby? No but its right up there with it. Is swift belt as good as Speed belt? no but u see more ppl with swift than Speed b/c its what they want to use.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-08-18 18:57:15  
Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaint wtf MAN! THIS THREAD IS STILL GOING ON...
 Hades.Jonoki
サーバ: Hades
user: Jonoki
By Hades.Jonoki 2009-08-18 19:22:27  
This is a serious matter! Just look at all the number crunching that has gone into it.
This is bigger than the OJ case.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 19:22:31  
Nightmarelord said:

yup..=D
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-18 19:23:53  
Nightmarelord said:

LMAO don't blame me bro, I stopped posting hoping this thread would die >_>
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-18 19:25:25  
Dubont said:
Vincevalentine said:
User submitted image

Oh my Lord, that is the funniest thing I've seen all day! lololol
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10