フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » NQ Hauby vs. Shura Togi for SAM
NQ Hauby vs. Shura Togi for SAM
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Sylph.Headcrusher
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Headcrusher 2009-08-16 14:08:26  
Taintedone said:

Personal attacks by Frobeus calling me an effing retard?

Nope, I'd say that qualifies as mindless trash that doesn't contribute constructively to this post whatsoever and anyone with any type of class would know that. But to each his own I guess.

User submitted image

Frobeus is just doing his job.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-16 14:10:14  
Headcrusher said:
Taintedone said:

Nope, I'd say that qualifies as mindless trash that doesn't contribute constructively to this post whatsoever and anyone with any type of class would know that. But to each his own I guess.

User submitted image

Lol
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-16 14:39:07  
Headcrusher said:
Taintedone said:

User submitted image

He's working as a forum troll eh?

>_>
[+]
 Asura.Charlottie
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-16 14:44:20  
Yunalie said:
I havent read this entire thread yet but...

if the + 3 more acc from hauby is like end all be all and you have to have it to hit the mob....Aren't you kinda fail at your job? 3 acc? you cant make that up anywhere else for +7 more attack? I mean...idk I guess if you guys need 3 acc power to you. Or just lvl a race that has plenty of Dex :) <3 Mithra

cute, more people who know absolutely nothing.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-16 14:55:00  
Yeah...Yunalie kinda gives our server a bad name.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-17 02:12:01
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Haub wins, why does this thread exist? You're a 2-handed weapon user. Your attack values are 1.5x that of a 1-hander, so why in the hell do you need 20 attack on the body when you can get more fSTR and a higher chance to critical, especially since you'll hit more? The logic behind Togi for SAM is terrible. Learn how the game works please.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-17 02:19:12  
Why is this thread 7 pages? The OP's question was answered in the first reply.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-17 03:01:05  
Vincevalentine said:
Haub wins, why does this thread exist? You're a 2-handed weapon user. Your attack values are 1.5x that of a 1-hander, so why in the hell do you need 20 attack on the body when you can get more fSTR and a higher chance to critical, especially since you'll hit more? The logic behind Togi for SAM is terrible. Learn how the game works please.

I never said Togi was better...I asked if anyone had parsed them....learn how to read previous posts please and stop being an ***.........
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-08-17 04:00:12  
Frobeus said:
Hey guys I just bought a Chevy Astro minivan.

Now what I need to know, is it faster (top speed) than a Chevy Corvette?

I don't want any opinions or math or related math telling me the top speed of both.

Only direct results from an actual race between the two will be accepted. If you will not provide that, then there is NO proof that a Corvette is faster than an Astro minivan.

In summary, OP your a *** retard.

oh my *** lord. this is absolute GENIUS! XD
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-17 04:16:06  
Seriously, how is this thread still going?

Let me break this down for the OP, and all the random people propagating this thread.

The only thing worth using over an NQ Haubergeon is, of course, an HQ Haubergeon.
The only instance where you should even THINK of using anything else is if you had a Byrnie +1, and that would only be for WS, since 13 extra Attack is going to beat 1 extra STR, every time. And even then you don't have the ACC from Haubergeon so it's really a trade-off at best.

Any questions? No? Didn't think so.

/endthread.
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-17 08:58:40

Taintedone said:
Vincevalentine said:

I never said Togi was better...I asked if anyone had parsed them....learn how to read previous posts please and stop being an ***.........

Why do you need to parse them when one is a clear winner by just comparing the stats? You deserve the condescending attitude, due to your lack of comprehension of how the game works.
 Pandemonium.Treppe
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-08-17 11:47:11  
I think he wopuld like them paresed just to see by how much exactly is Hauby better than Togi. if its very small (which may be the case) then what you use is really up to personal prefference. If its a huge difference in the gap by how much hauby is better then Togi then personal prefference goes out the window for the sake of doing your job in a party without gimping the entire party.

Id persoanly like to know how much better it is exctly because after wearing hauby for 4 years its just boring to look at and togi looks a lil more like something a real samurai would wear (again personal opinion though). But i'll continue wearing Hauby when I need maximum number outputs no matter how small.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-17 11:53:57  
Enternius said:

The only instance where you should even THINK of using anything else is if you had a Byrnie +1, and that would only be for WS, since 13 extra Attack is going to beat 1 extra STR, every time. And even then you don't have the ACC from Haubergeon so it's really a trade-off at best.

/endthread.

Acc on a 1 hit WS? >.>
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-17 12:09:28  
Vincevalentine said:
Taintedone said:
Vincevalentine said:

Why do you need to parse them when one is a clear winner by just comparing the stats? You deserve the condescending attitude, due to your lack of comprehension of how the game works.

I deserve a condescending attitude from asking a simple question? You know what bud, piss off and stop trolling the forums.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-17 12:13:23  
Treppe said:
I think he wopuld like them paresed just to see by how much exactly is Hauby better than Togi. if its very small (which may be the case) then what you use is really up to personal prefference. If its a huge difference in the gap by how much hauby is better then Togi then personal prefference goes out the window for the sake of doing your job in a party without gimping the entire party.

Id persoanly like to know how much better it is exctly because after wearing hauby for 4 years its just boring to look at and togi looks a lil more like something a real samurai would wear (again personal opinion though). But i'll continue wearing Hauby when I need maximum number outputs no matter how small.

Good luck and I truly mean that. The only thing that I have learned by posting this thread was 1) Hauby is full of win (still funny) and 2) there are a lot of rude *** people that respond to these posts who are nasty without reason. Not all mind you, but more than I would ever have thought. Anyways, I'm done with this thread since not many ppl obviously cares how they stack up against each other. Good day.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-08-17 12:14:12  
Rumaha said:
Enternius said:

/endthread.

Acc on a 1 hit WS? >.>

When fighting NM with two tanks (like in sky for example) I like to /THF for SA or to SATA WS one of the tanks you'll never miss your WS and its more damage than /nin and you can afford to focus more of your equipment to STR rather than saving some for Acc during WS
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-17 12:15:47  
I am aware of this lol
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-17 12:47:38  
One-hit WSs can miss too.
 Pandemonium.Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-08-17 12:52:15  
Enternius said:

yeah and its really sucks when they do >_<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-17 12:55:53  
Enternius said:

Have an appalling tendency not to unless you absolutely need them to land though.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-17 13:43:58  
Charlottie said:
Yunalie said:
I havent read this entire thread yet but...

if the + 3 more acc from hauby is like end all be all and you have to have it to hit the mob....Aren't you kinda fail at your job? 3 acc? you cant make that up anywhere else for +7 more attack? I mean...idk I guess if you guys need 3 acc power to you. Or just lvl a race that has plenty of Dex :) <3 Mithra

cute, more people who know absolutely nothing.

hahaha failure!

Ok like I said previously and got ignored for it

You want a parse

DO it

YOURSELF

happy, happy, joy, joy
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-17 13:57:23  
Even a parse may not be conclusive. Use of a COR or inconsistent use of other buffs/food/debuffs could skew the parse.
[+]
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-17 21:37:39

Treppe said:

It's not the point of just Haubergeon (+1) vs. Togi. It's the fact that someone who's going to sacrifice a little here, is also going to sacrifice a little in this other slot... Then a little more there... And hell, I don't need that Amemet +1, I'll just get NQ... You see what I'm getting at? Someone who isn't going to try to get the best gear for the job that they can afford is going to be a fully second-rate character. Sure, you'll be tolerable, but I won't invite Mr. NQ to party next time.

The difference between these body pieces is small. On paper, it's obvious who the winner is. That's better than a parse. There are VERY FEW instances where Togi might actually pull even, but... The only case for togi, is if you have HQ Togi from Monk, and you just levelled SAM.

And Treppe, if you want some help with your SAM, I'd be more than happy to help. You really could use some changes, I do hope your item sets aren't really what you TP in. >_>
 Pandemonium.Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-08-18 09:20:41  
Vincevalentine said:
Treppe said:

It's not the point of just Haubergeon (+1) vs. Togi. It's the fact that someone who's going to sacrifice a little here, is also going to sacrifice a little in this other slot... Then a little more there... And hell, I don't need that Amemet +1, I'll just get NQ... You see what I'm getting at? Someone who isn't going to try to get the best gear for the job that they can afford is going to be a fully second-rate character. Sure, you'll be tolerable, but I won't invite Mr. NQ to party next time.

The difference between these body pieces is small. On paper, it's obvious who the winner is. That's better than a parse. There are VERY FEW instances where Togi might actually pull even, but... The only case for togi, is if you have HQ Togi from Monk, and you just levelled SAM.

And Treppe, if you want some help with your SAM, I'd be more than happy to help. You really could use some changes, I do hope your item sets aren't really what you TP in. >_>

Oh yeah i just redone those sets this morning they were all mismateched a bit. still ddint take out togi, its in tehre for fun though that TP pice with realic head is when i need acc over haste, and yeah Hauby goes in there as well just ddint added. id like better gear mostly ones i cant buy of AH to help my job, but without Rajas rings im limited to Hachiman hands and feet to help with 6 hit build untill i at least get a Rose strap to free up feet for a betetr piece. Fuma first then work on Usukane Sune-ate. Pretty much teh more end of game evenst i do teh better id be gear wise.

But any help with gear is always welcomed as long as i can keep a 6 hit build with it and its not on AH for 2+ mil dont have that much gil to burn. I trying to actualy save as much gil as i can for good Usukane pieces when i start salvage. Just got Byakko last night after 10 months in sky and twosky LSs >_< LS drama you know how it is.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-18 09:38:39  
@ OP's continued demand for Parse results.

Yes asking for a parse is a simple question, but also a stupid one.

This is a computer game, based on formulas; formulas writen by japanase game developers nearly 10 years about and then extensively tested by players.These forumlas are now well known, establish, tested and proven.

Nearly any question about gear can be answered with some maths. 99% of the time there is no need for parse results or anything... Either learn to do the maths or learn to accept it when other give you the answer based on maths.

Very rarely the maths will show the choice to be close and then in game parses are needed to see which wins (This is not one of those situations)
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 14:13:42  
its a game that i pay for! if i want to use a Shura by god ill use it if i want to use a hauby god damnit ill use it. If i want to TP in a leather body armor (i have seen people do it...thats just stupidity) BUT ILL *** DO IT! Pic now for everyone bitching about Shura sams or hauby sams
User submitted image
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-18 14:34:27

Giving the "I pay for it, thusly I can *** up your xp by being as shitty of a character as I want!" argument is ***. You can take that and shove it in your ***, while you buy a haubergeon and *** like it.

And Treppe, you shouldn't be using Relic head for anything other than town gear. It's poo. If you need the accuracy that bad, something else is wrong other than your headpiece. Either Walahra Turban for the 5% haste, or Askar Zucchetto for it's obviously comparative stats. You need to ditch the togi though. It's town gear. I'm not joking. I've owned one for years, and refuse to wear it on SAM. lol
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-18 14:37:51  
It may be "your" account that you pay for, but if you TP in leather body I'm kicking you from my PT :O, I won't kick you for Tping in Shura, I'd dislike it, but your at least kinda trying, you may want to play the way you want, but try not to make the game less fun for everyone else >.>.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-18 14:38:25  
Vincevalentine said:
Giving the "I pay for it, thusly I can *** up your xp by being as shitty of a character as I want!" argument is ***. You can take that and shove it in your ***, while you buy a haubergeon and *** like it.

And Treppe, you shouldn't be using Relic head for anything other than town gear. It's poo. If you need the accuracy that bad, something else is wrong other than your headpiece. Either Walahra Turban for the 5% haste, or Askar Zucchetto for it's obviously comparative stats. You need to ditch the togi though. It's town gear. I'm not joking. I've owned one for years, and refuse to wear it on SAM. lol

my hero xD
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10