フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Odin » New player to Odin...DRG AF1
New player to Odin...DRG AF1
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Walden
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: mtmartin
By Odin.Walden 2009-08-16 13:39:13  
Wow I just typed a huge message that just got shuffled under the rug...awesome.

So long story short then...new player, having trouble selling my items on the AH, sorely under-geared and don't want to look like I'm a lazy idiot in groups...relegated to level sync parties right now since I can't afford better gear.

I'm just not satisfied with "showing up" though...partied with rank 10s that won't even spend the tabs on Refresh and Regen in a party. I'm the guy that always eats(can only afford meat) + RR, Regen, & Refresh even though it keeps me broke to the bone. I try to be a winner in parties with my limited resources.

Anyway, realized that I've been using some pretty fail gear and can't seem to get much help in game. My duo partner is in a high level LS that has helped us get through some missions and other obstacles.

My big goals right now are getting my adventuring fellow (need R4) and completing my AF1 for Peregrine. If anyone needs to do either of these fights in game on any character...or really whatever the circumstances please let me know. I like to think that I'm pretty friendly, and it would be great to meet new people.

DRG is 45 and it's my only job besides WAR which I used to unlock it. With Peregrine I could probably solo the R4 mission.

Thanks!
 Siren.Yunalie
サーバ: Siren
user: Rayln
By Siren.Yunalie 2009-08-16 14:03:36  
How do new players get to Odin? O.o Did the RMTs finally break the barrier of closed? Is the day of RMT tells coming soon to Odin O.o
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-08-16 14:04:28  
I'm as confused as you are, Yunalie... I'm still trying to decipher what he meant by "spending tabs on Refresh and Regen".
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-16 14:10:21  
He's talking about using the FoV buffs while in EXP parties, and it's really nice, except you get people who want to resync every 10 minutes and you end up blowing all of your tabs because of it.

As far as helping you, I'm barely ever on anymore, but if I am on, I'll look you up and see if you need anything. I don't really have the time to do endgame stuff anymore, so it would be nice to do something good with the time I do have.

You should definitely think about getting /WHM and /BLU for DRG, especially if you're going to duo or lowman a lot. You won't use them much in most parties, but they are very nice solo.

Also, I'm a bit curious about the "new player on Odin" thing, since last I knew it was still a closed server. If that has changed, I have some friends that wanted to come back to Odin and haven't been able to do so...
[+]
 Odin.Walden
By Odin.Walden 2009-08-16 14:13:59  
My understanding is new characters still can't be created on Odin. It is a reactivated content ID for a character from a long time ago that I played very little. I had activated DRG, that was about it.

By tabs I was referring to the new FoV system which is practically essential to keeping it together at the low levels (essential if you want to level quickly that is). It provides 1 hour of Refresh and 1 hour of Regen for very little in return.

It is a great system when people use it, however some people are too lazy to do the repetition of getting the tabs (killing the same monsters over and over again...actually, sounds a lot like other parts of the game to some of you I bet).

In my original post that must have timed out, I explained we were duoing as DRG/BLU & DRG/WHM because with the new 1 hour refresh, it is possible to use this combo at a much lower level effectively.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey 2009-08-16 14:17:57  
Well for one, buying all those materials won't help with your money situation. =X If you can't find a nice social LS to join that will help you out, you may need to resort to shouting or paying someone to help.
 Odin.Walden
By Odin.Walden 2009-08-16 14:23:39  
Thegiftedmonkey said:
Well for one, buying all those materials won't help with your money situation. =X If you can't find a nice social LS to join that will help you out, you may need to resort to shouting or paying someone to help.

It's now possible to get the effect of juice for 1 hour by killing 10 low level monsters, and this can be repeated every hour, and the effects can be accumulated and saved. The low level game has never been so accessible.

Mages still show up for these parties without this ammunition. This was all I was trying to elaborate on in my statement. It costs me very little to come prepared, however even with minimal preparation, some players are too lazy/disrespectful.

You tabs get eaten up rather quickly in a level-sync with resyncing unfortunately :(

By Yhoatar jungle you are earning 2x as many tabs as you are spending them. Players that run out of tabs are the ones that constantly use it to teleport and never replenish their supply.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 14:24:37  
Walden said:
Wow I just typed a huge message that just got shuffled under the rug...awesome.

So long story short then...new player, having trouble selling my items on the AH, sorely under-geared and don't want to look like I'm a lazy idiot in groups...relegated to level sync parties right now since I can't afford better gear.

I'm just not satisfied with "showing up" though...partied with rank 10s that won't even spend the tabs on Refresh and Regen in a party. I'm the guy that always eats(can only afford meat) + RR, Regen, & Refresh even though it keeps me broke to the bone. I try to be a winner in parties with my limited resources.

Anyway, realized that I've been using some pretty fail gear and can't seem to get much help in game. My duo partner is in a high level LS that has helped us get through some missions and other obstacles.

My big goals right now are getting my adventuring fellow (need R4) and completing my AF1 for Peregrine. If anyone needs to do either of these fights in game on any character...or really whatever the circumstances please let me know. I like to think that I'm pretty friendly, and it would be great to meet new people.

DRG is 45 and it's my only job besides WAR which I used to unlock it. With Peregrine I could probably solo the R4 mission.

Thanks!

Listen buddy, this whole speech seems pretty heart-felled, but really you can't ever say you don't have the gil for good gear. That statement alone proves that you are very lazy. Having DRG you can easily farm for hours on fairly challenging mobs even.

Past that note, how in the hell will DRG AF help you look less fail in any way?

Not trying to bash man. I know its tough, but sometimes you just got to suck it up and spend a week or two farming.
By Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey 2009-08-16 14:27:12  
Walden said:
Thegiftedmonkey said:

It's now possible to get the effect of juice for 1 hour by killing 10 low level monsters, and this can be repeated every hour, and the effects can be accumulated and saved. The low level game has never been so accessible.

Mages still show up for these parties without this ammunition. This was all I was trying to elaborate on in my statement. It costs me very little to come prepared, however even with minimal preparation, some players are too lazy/disrespectful.

You tabs get eaten up rather quickly in a level-sync with resyncing unfortunately :(

By Yhoatar jungle you are earning 2x as many tabs as you are spending them. Players that run out of tabs are the ones that constantly use it to teleport and never replenish their supply.

I was actually referring to the other craft items like the ingots/cloth/leather that you bought instead of farmed.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 14:28:33  
Lol there gobbiebag items, which is really the last thing you should ever worry about when you don't have enough gil to buy gear to fill those 30 slots. XD
 Asura.Charlottie
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-16 14:42:06  
etrayis is right.

you've put a lot of thought into the wrong things (unwieldiness of FOV aside, "rank 10"s, as you call them, are saving their tabs for augments anyway.); indeed it's hard to get started in ffxi but the extent of how hard can be a little jarring. fact: almost none of the dragoon AF, worn fulltime, will help you perform better in parties whatsoever. what will, then, you ask?

working on different subs. playing different jobs. farming hard. reading and learning about ffxi as much as, or more than, you are playing it. also, meeting new people.

don't try too hard to make progress, enjoy the miseries of your newbiness. your ethos is right; [even at 75, there are people not eating cheap meat snacks under the excuse that the birds steals it from them. while you may not understand fully why this is pitiful, it assuredly is..] you just lack the resources/knowledge to get established.

i mean really, get a few seals and a few people together, do a bcnm, split the profits. it's not hard. your big goal should be to get paid.
[+]
 Odin.Walden
By Odin.Walden 2009-08-16 15:15:15  
Charlottie said:
etrayis is right.

you've put a lot of thought into the wrong things (unwieldiness of FOV aside, "rank 10"s, as you call them, are saving their tabs for augments anyway.); indeed it's hard to get started in ffxi but the extent of how hard can be a little jarring. fact: almost none of the dragoon AF, worn fulltime, will help you perform better in parties whatsoever. what will, then, you ask?

working on different subs. playing different jobs. farming hard. reading and learning about ffxi as much as, or more than, you are playing it. also, meeting new people.

don't try too hard to make progress, enjoy the miseries of your newbiness. your ethos is right; [even at 75, there are people not eating cheap meat snacks under the excuse that the birds steals it from them. while you may not understand fully why this is pitiful, it assuredly is..] you just lack the resources/knowledge to get established.

i mean really, get a few seals and a few people together, do a bcnm, split the profits. it's not hard. your big goal should be to get paid.

Thank you for the help, I found this a lot more constructive than people just attacking my purchases.

The truth is, if you saw my prior 25 AHs it was all sales to pay for those items...sales of crystals, and beehive chips and misc. farmables i saved up for. It was on the advice of someone in my friends high level LS that i upgraded the bag also, not some demonic plan I concocted to suck at the game.

I read a lot and that has helped me to be a welcome addition in parties, however they are few and far between at this point honestly.

I think my request wasn't clear.

1. I'm trying to meet new players on Odin.
2. AF1 is a requirement for AF Helm which will be an integral part of our duo strategy...might as well do it while I can still get a badass weapon out of it.
3. I wanted help doing the fight from a friendly player on Odin, not some geek on a forum to micromanage my AH purchases for me and tell me how bad I am at this game.

Anyway, try to keep a bit of perspective...I've been playing about a month, these responses seem more tailored towards someone who is not a new player.

P.S. as I write this a 75 is climbing up Delkfutt's tower with me right now. We brought him into our duo yesterday when he was on BLU and he seems like a really nice guy.

I totally agree that meeting people is the way to go, but also...easier said than done as we all know.
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-16 15:24:54  
Charlottie said:
etrayis is right.

*** THIS. I bring a couple of stacks of miths with me at birds and when it gets stolen, I pop another one...and I get weird looks!! I mean I apologize if a couple K doesn't break my bank, and I like putting up some good numbers and helping the pt kill faster.

Anyways Walden...I don't remember the stats of the DRG AF pieces, but I don't think using the full set will benefit you. At best it'll be a case by case basis. I can't name every piece you'll get, but start looking out for acc pieces for now, and haste pieces later. And Store TP but that may be a ways off.

For gil...you likely won't be able to effectively NPC farm like back when I was your level on my first job. But I do recall a lot of the DRGs in my old social LS that spammed the BCNM Royal Jellies for Utsusemi: Ni, which should fund a few nice things for you.

Level mage subs - WHM and BLU. Again I don't know what exactly to farm, but the very least if you farm stuff that's EP or higher, you'll be able to do it nonstop getting your loot as well as seals. Not much, but it's a start.

I'm on your server so feel free to chat my face off if you ever need advice. I'm no guru but I know a few thangs here and there :D
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 15:36:08  
Walden said:

It was on the advice of someone in my friends high level LS that i upgraded the bag also, not some demonic plan I concocted to suck at the game.

You seem to have the idea that someone who has a 75 automatically knows ***about the game.

1. There is no such thing as a magical high level LS full of people that are right.

2. Gobbiebag should never be a priority over good gear.
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2009-08-16 15:58:42  
Hi walden, i know its a pain but you'll get there.my advice to you would be simple forget peregrine for now if you cant get help for the mob.its not that great and 5 levels later u get mythril lance average 30k price which is much better>then holy lance>then dark mezraq or grand knights lance at 60 which will take you to 70 np.obviously the most important af piece is the armey crucial for soloing.as far as parties dont stress just keep your pole skill updated and go for acc acc acc acc all the way.life belt at 50 is a must for tp build theres no point in having buckets of strength and attack if you cannot hit,try for a balanced setup.dont worry about food cuz when u reach the bird camps at 54 in wajaom its useless with snatch morsel just a waste of gil.only ever take reraise and maybe regen for parties.now as far as keeping your gear updated pretty simple advice on this one.i dont know how crowded odin is but pashow marshlands is ure farming place.obviously thf sub at 15 is extremely useful for treasure hunter.just go to the northwest corner to hoaxmarsh if im correct?! for the following:
thread leech=beastman blood stack 30-35k
crawlers=silk thread 10-14k stack
elementals u can npc clusters if you have enough room!:}
when all the leeches and crawlers are down exit the marsh and kill all the water wasps for honey=5k stack and behive chips=5-6k stack
when you get bored of that you can roam around and kill gobbues for (i cant rememer the item now but that 3k a piece) also boyada moss.

k now.as for selling your stuff on ah undercut but not UNDERCUT basically check the previous selling prices and either stick or go slightly below remember dont do yourself out either.theres probably more i can mention but i cant think right now.I hope this helps if you ever need any advice just pm me on here.
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-16 16:14:32  
Etrayis said:
Lol there gobbiebag items, which is really the last thing you should ever worry about when you don't have enough gil to buy gear to fill those 30 slots. XD

LAST? Not really. While I agree it shouldn't be the #1 thing if there's an essential piece of gear you're missing, more inventory space = less time wasting running to town cashing in the loot you just farmed. Which over time = more gil...that you can use on that essential gear that you're missing. Or even some NPCables that you got while exping that you would otherwise throw away. Those crafting pieces from Mamools or Trolls are a good example. Even if you just NPC those, thats a few free K right there. As well as I've had max inventory space and couldn't lot seals, or I've seen "You do not meet the requirements..." etc when a seal has fallen. I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure I've made hundreds of K just NPcing random ***that I had room to keep, as well as being able to spam KS99s or Kclub bcnms like I'm doing now, because I have the room to not let stuff go to waste.

Gobbiebag is hardly the worst thing to spend money on. ESPECIALLY since he's on Odin and can no longer make new mules.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2009-08-16 16:15:25  
Don't you kinda have to do af weapon to quest the rest of your af?
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 16:19:14  
I had 3 75's before I ever did a gobbiebag and I always had hundreds of k to level them with from NPCing stuff.

Edit: I also have 0 mules because I want Bahamut to be reopened too.

Some people really don't know how to manage space I guess.

Average Gamer Reference Below:
User submitted image
 Odin.Walden
By Odin.Walden 2009-08-16 16:22:39  
Sekundes said:
Don't you kinda have to do af weapon to quest the rest of your af?

Yes

Walden said:
2. AF1 is a requirement for AF Helm which will be an integral part of our duo strategy...might as well do it while I can still get a badass weapon out of it.

BUT...

Schoolarnia said:
my advice to you would be simple forget peregrine for now if you cant get help for the mob.

I've decided to be honest with myself here, and I appreciate all the advice...

I need to just skip this for now if I can't do it myself, I'll buy something from the AH and do this later, perhaps when I have met more people.

Rank 4 was what really mattered anyway, I've been dying to unlock my adventuring fellow. Even if it's not that great, I really like the idea.

Thanks for all the valuable responses.

If you are leveling a low level job don't be afraid to say hi!
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-16 19:57:16  
Walden I get back from holidays in 2 weeks, if I remember I'll help you get rank 5 and your weapon etc.
 Bahamut.Memimi
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-08-16 20:14:53  
Why does everyone hate the DRG AF1 weapon? lol. I loved that thing. One of my only AF weapons I ever got to use. D:
 Asura.Sidi
サーバ: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-16 20:36:37  
Quote:
1. I'm trying to meet new players on Odin.
3. I wanted help doing the fight from a friendly player on Odin, not some geek on a forum to micromanage my AH purchases for me and tell me how bad I am at this game.

Well doubtful to find many new players on Odin since its been closed for quite some bit, there are still others out there that sooner or later will help; I agree though, it can often be rather difficult to find people (even having been on this server for two years and helped countless people, I often cannot find a soul to help me on things I need done *shrug*)

AF1 is a fairly useful weapon, remember when I got it myself... your duo/trio might be able to help, and if not, suppose, you'll just have to skip, you should be able to handle (within your duo, if not solo) by the time your of level to get actual AF... which can/will be much harder (the helm, which is best piece, is also from a difficult quest, so gonna needa lotta help there as well... but thats then, and not now)

All good and well too, unfortunatly I'm not from Odin so can't help you... I suggest talking to ppl in parties and stuff who seem friendly or decent at their jobs, and not overly concieted/rude/impatient/disrespectful... who knows, one of them may help you

As for gobby bags, I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with you Etrayis. I got the gobbie bags asap on each of my characters (started over 5x, and every time I did, the second I got into jeuno, maxed fame up for gobby bags)-- they help tremendously, especially for farming for other gear/equip/food.

As for making money... well we all experience this pain... even at 75 you'll come into bursts where you can't make money... thats one thing you get to experiment on your own... but if your ~40 drg, then you and your duo (maybe trio) buddies should try royal jelly... used to do that on my drg (first chara; broke as hell... never got any gil from it, but others have extremely good luck from it, and thats what seals are meant for, the chance)-- just don't depend completely on it, because you won't always win, and you won't always get the drops... so come up with alternatives
By Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey 2009-08-16 20:43:09  
Walden said:
Thank you for the help, I found this a lot more constructive than people just attacking my purchases.

I apologize if it sounded like an attack. Etrayis summed it up a much better way than I did. =X It was also a mistake on my part for assuming they were craft items (good lord I thought you were leveling Cloth/Goldsmithing/Leatherworking at the same time) and not checking up on them. My bad. ^^;
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 21:08:41  
Same here. I'm not bashing you at all. I know it's tough where your at, I'm just saying that your money definitely could be better spent.
 Lakshmi.Rylis
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-08-16 21:23:48  
Wow, snippy as ever.. Heh, people always bash newer players because they don't spend a 'few weeks' farming.. As if these players are going to know the best places, methods and whatnot of farming for those few weeks.. Way to be helpful, and not an ***, really...

Etrayis, there may not be a high level LS that full of players that know everything about the game.. However, asking a 75 in an end-game LS is likely to give you better advice than the level 11 with no sub job that you meet in the dunes.. And I'm absolutely certain that's what Walden meant when he said it was on the advice of someone else: that it wasn't as if he just randomly came upon a gobbie in lower jeuno, and decided to sabotage his character or some such. It was under the advice of someone he assumed to know a little something about what to do. Later, Walden can learn that many of FFXI players are bitchy little babies who think that they can't be right if other people have a differing opinion..

As for farming.. It's a surefire method to make a bit of gil, certainly.. As a DRG, if you acquire a mage sub (My preference is BLU), you will find yourself in a decent position to solo mobs that are still able to give you exp, and thus, Beastmen's Seals.. Then, get some information on some BCNMs.. Find out what you can do, and who is willing to go with you.. If you're unfamiliar with the role that you'd have in a BCNM, ask someone to help you.. This can be anyone who would know, really.. That DRK in your party who keeps going "Hey, I have DRG at 75" is a prime example: he's likely going to want to tell you because he likes to brag. Unfortunately, FFXI players aren't always the most helpful lot, but the nice thing about FFXI is that when one player is an ***, you can just move onto another.. And in the long run, getting the information will do better for you simply because most players simply care that you do what you're supposed to in any given situation, so knowing that is key.

Sidi is correct.. Despite what some people say, making gil isn't as easy as many would like.. BCNMs have always been my preferred method, simply because I've soloed more than a few jobs, and have netted all the seals for myself, which means I have tons of chances for a payoff..

As for getting help with things.. That can be really tricky, sometimes.. My advice is simply to offer help whenever you can to whomever you can.. You probably won't get the help in return, instantly, however, in the long run, you'll establish some friends who will be willing to help you later in the game..

Except for the fact that you're not on lakshmi, I'd love to help.. DRG was my first 75, and if nothing else, if you've ever some questions about the job, or more importantly, it being the highest job you have, don't hesitate to ask.. Obviously, I don't know everything, but I'll never turn down an honest question, and would at least help to find the answer.

Good luck^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 22:11:19  
Several of you seem to take my points as insults. I even apologized for that a ways back. There supposed to be sarcastic for comedy value with a hint of truth. -.^

As for what Rylis said, again you would think that a 75 would have more knowledge than a level 11 no subjob noob, but it's not always the case.

Assuming anyone in the game has more knowledge than you is never a good idea, and I've seen too many people get shafted by trusting someone who was only in it for a cheap laugh.

And as many people will tell you, a gobbiebag is not something you should be spending K on when you aren't even meeting basic gear needs.
 Odin.Walden
By Odin.Walden 2009-08-16 22:49:36  
Apparently I spend too long typing and my session times out...so I lost another post. Ugh!

Ok one more time then, but quicker I guess.

Rylis and Sidi, great advice, many thanks.

Karusan, Ahligieri, and Aramina thanks for the support, it's great to know people on the server are willing to help.

Additionally the ingame response has been overwhelming as well. Awesome.

Etrayis and Thegiftedmonkey, to be honest, on your advice I went back through my AH list and it's good advice for a new player. For 3k I was able to get a Lance with 1 less damage than the AF...

I'm sure every one here's time (as well as my own) is worth a lot more than 3k...if you can do it on the AH for that cheap, don't bother running in circles.

- -

I am glad I made this post however, as I realize that I am level 45 now and in 5 short levels I will have to start doing limit break quests :(

Which is why I'm glad I reached out, I got an overwhelmingly positive response.

Some things to consider...there are no low or mid levels on Odin, so it puts me in a very precarious situation. Outside of Qufim and Khazam parties are very hard to find. There was a 65 leveling in my pugils group today...

- -

A bit on perspective!

Again summarizing this because the real bit got lost but here goes.

In most MMO you endlessly kill the same thing, a slow burn to wealth.

The BCNM system sounds more like a lottery, where you pull the lever and cross your fingers for the jackpot. This isn't intuitive for a new player...for one, you have to learn the system, then you need to learn the fights, then you have to learn what classes and strategies to take.

It took my duo partner and I about 5 days to level 3-4 classes each into the 20s range. I wanted WHM/RDM/BLU sub for my DRG...he had to level DRG/WHM/WAR.

I'd be willing to level whatever it takes to do the most profitable 30cap BCNM over and over again reliably believe me. I know he would too. I have watched some videos of petrifying pair, I'd be willing to give that a shot...I assume at this point for BCNMs the best thing we can both do is level NIN.

With FoV it has become very easy to level most classes to 20 or more without ever even grouping honestly...

All I'm trying to point out is, they don't hand you a book when you start that says "the only way you'll ever afford to not be a chump is have everyone sub NIN for shadows and do this BCNM 15 times in a row until a 200k item suddenly drops"

The book they hand you says farm crystal stacks endlessly and sell them for next to nothing until you barely have enough for one item that might last you longer than 10 levels. (I bought republic subligar because it has a good lifespan, and I'll do the same when Life Belt comes along).
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 23:11:50  
That's good man. Chin up. Look at what's before you.

DO ROYAL JELLY. You'll make more money for the seals you waste and DRG/WHM can duo or even solo it in some cases. DRG is the god of that BCNM.

As for the farm crystals and sell em thing... what can I say? It's SE giving you the shaft really.

Good luck man.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-16 23:18:41  
First off, a thank you to Walden. Many players don't care about their gear and how it affects other party members like you have. You also seem to have your priorities in order, which is always a good thing. If I was on Odin I'd be happy to help in any way I can, but Odin is closed and I'm not there. :(

I can't give any huge tips on how to speed your gilmaking along and I can't really offer any assistance from another server, so all I can say is don't toss anything. I have a mule who doubles as a dump for crystals. Any crystal stacks I don't need, she sells on the AH. Mob drops get NPC'd or AH'd depending on how I stand to profit from each and time to sell. This combined with FoV gil (I solo/duo most of my EXP due to limited playtime and linkshell commitments) pays for most of my food. Not bad, eh?

If you feel your ACC is low but still need to keep it cheap, invest in Marinara Pizza (except on colibri, use Crab Sushi when possible if you're lacking ACC). It's a dirt cheap food that lasts 3 hours and boosts your ACC and Attack. Hopefully this will let your gil go a little father towards gear.

Good luck!

And yes, do Royal Jelly. Put those seals to use and make some gil!
First Page 2 3