I Am Looking For Better Music. Help Me Find Better Than This.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » I am looking for better music. Help me find better than this.
I am looking for better music. Help me find better than this.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-17 06:10:27  
Forgot Liquid tension experiment, you may like them.

They have no singing, but you will not get bored, trust me lol.

Bahamut.Bokkai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bokkai
By Bahamut.Bokkai 2009-08-17 06:19:15  
http://www.myspace.com/thehendersonspa
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-17 06:20:10  
I like all genre's of music, but at the same time I am very picky about what I like. It's quite strange. I like everything from classical to rap.
I have to be honest and admit I don't particularly care for any of this music here except Sonata Artica. ;;
Guess I am a softie, lol.
Can't beat the classics, imo. @.@

Cerberus.Boundsoul
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-08-17 06:48:32  
another one of my favorites, which most despise, is Coheed and Cambria. the music has quite bit of range mostly progressive, but the story is what really gets me. its all one huge intricate story than spans 4 albums so far.
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-08-17 07:43:30  
Korn
Disturbed
Lamb of god
Children of bodom
God Smack

Those are truely awesome if you like rock n roll with meaning.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-08-17 10:49:25  
well now that i'm home i was gonna post the Wolf and Raven vid by Sonata Arctica but i see celene beat me too it. anyhow, here's some Before The Dawn

and as far as the reference to Spiral Architect they just sound like a mediocre Protest The Hero

and since i did mention Coheed i might as well include something from them

Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-21 17:51:00  
Celene said:
Boundsoul said:
i might as well throw in Sonata Arctica.

One of my favourites.

Silence was just a good album. :D

I like this song!!!! It's in my MP3 player now :)

I've heard of Sonata Arctica because some of the members openly claim to be huge X fans (they did a short cover of Silent Jealousy at some point, I got an MP3 of that somewhere I'm pretty sure).
I also liked Nightwish a LOT before they changed vocalist, especially they 2nd album which I thought was excellent from beginning to end.

I know DAHLIA sounds very generic during the first minute of listen, it's actually an 8 minute song with a mix of orchestra. At first, no one notices the extremely low piano tones intermixed with some of the chords. I did after a couple hundred listens.

Thanks for giving me a lot of things to dig into ^^ I haven't found a lot of music that integrated classical and "metal" with guitar riffs similar to hmm... some Helloween songs in their album Time of the Oath, or some iron maiden riffs, I guess...

While being one of my favourite songs, I know the statistical chance that it's the best music ever made is ridiculously low, no matter how good the composer is.

DAHLIA is kind of "ahead of its time" for a song released in 1996, but X JAPAN, even in Japan remains mostly known for their ballads, even in Japan, which kind of bothers me. I know they couldn't play live as well as in the recordings, but that's mainly because the guy is obsessed with making the thing sound flawless in the albums.

Well, I'm glad if some of you liked it. You can try Art of Life (20 minutes long if you cut the piano solo out, 4 years in the making) and Silent Jealousy (my favorite). You'll probably play them in loop for a while. As for ballads, well... the song that has played the most often on radio in Japan ever, is Endless Rain (1989), and it still plays sometimes I hear.

Sorry for the absence of posting! I really appreciate the replies, positive or negative, it's nice to see some people took the time to listen a bit even if it may sound at first like cheap j-pop/rock music to them :)

I'll post about the songs I liked when I have the time to listen to all the linked you posted!
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-21 18:07:16  
Minusseven said:
Forgot Liquid tension experiment

Yes!!! I know that one, I listened to it a lot, cause a friend who discovered X from me then told me about them. Wasn't that an experimental project by Dream Theater or something? Did they end up releasing an album?
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-21 18:34:09  
Psyence said:
Minusseven said:
Forgot Liquid tension experiment

Yes!!! I know that one, I listened to it a lot, cause a friend who discovered X from me then told me about them. Wasn't that an experimental project by Dream Theater or something? Did they end up releasing an album?

Yeh, got the drummer, guitarist and keyboard player from dream theater i do believe, and they have two albums out, i should check if they done a new one any time recent that i missed lol. They are definatly worth buying/downloading (whichever u do :P)

Edit: Oh i just checked, they have another two albums out "Liquid trio experiment" 1 and 2 where on each album a member of the band was present so not sure what they will be like, Liquid tension experiment albums 1 and 2 are ace though
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-08-21 18:47:08  
Okay look I know that the 3 videos I'll post below are not your average cup of tea. I also know thats a reason I love these 3 bands so much. Different, thought provoking, and very technical and talented. Before you use me in a quote train remember you can't do what these guys are doing, and I can, because I play this type of music myself. Let that fuel your comments. Anyways to OP I thought you would appriciate these bands:

The Faceless- All Dark Graves

Born of Osiris - Open arms to damnation

The Black Dahlia Murder (my favorite band in the world) "Everything went black"

Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-21 18:55:45  
This is one of the English songs that I have listened to a LOT, Power, from Helloween. There is something to this song which makes it not get on my nerves even though it's technically just metal. There is a great sense of melody yet there is no orchestra, if you can excuse my lack of English vocabulary. The technical part of metal music is left a bit on the side, metal music stops being simply mathematic or... rock & roll from the 70s... and has some... melody, while still remaining hard and fast paced... or Yngwie Malmstein playing next to an orchestra... >.> I'm not a musician, but I somehow feel stuff from this songs...

Somehow, I get the same awesome feeling listening to this other song below, there is something similar, while those songs are still very different (the first one has no classical incorporated in it).

What I'm looking for is a perfect mix of classical with metal. Something like this. I have a lots of respect for things like Dream Theater and Dragonforce who try to push metal as far as possible, even if it means not being able to play it live afterwards.

Once, again, let me know what you think. I'll be looking forward to it.

Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-08-21 19:00:39  
you failed. :/ learn to make music then you will find the music your looking for through yourself.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-21 19:06:13  

Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-21 19:09:08  
Kaioshin said:
you failed. :/ learn to make music then you will find the music your looking for through yourself.

I disagree with this, how do you make music without any influence? I do play an instrument btw
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-08-21 19:19:38  
Rather I meant to say that he's looking for a ulitmate culmination of his favorites and influcences. He also clearly stated in the topic title he wants to find better then he already loves and enjoys but can't get over how much he loves what he does already with that band he posted. I think from my perspective he needs to explore this ulitmate sound by his own means, if he tries, he might just be a genius with music, you never know till you try, and enough effort and practice anyone can be a musician. Don't you agree?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-21 19:22:53  
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-21 19:28:09  
I agree, with enough practise you can play an intstrument, when i try and learn a song i used to go... nope to hard when i looked at tabs and stuff, but now i dont and sit there and figure it out and i always can get it nomatter what it is which is a fine example. Also i cant disagree about finding the music you love yourself because thats exactly what ive done, gone from band to band every slowly more awesome than the last (imo) moving in different directions of style, but to get where i am now it took years and well this thread is a good place for people to post their fav music and share it with others :P

If u take the title literally, i see what your saying but really i just think he wanted to be shown some awesome music :P
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-08-21 19:33:12  

Minusseven said:
I agree, with enough practise you can play an intstrument, when i try and learn a song i used to go... nope to hard when i looked at tabs and stuff, but now i dont and sit there and figure it out and i always can get it nomatter what it is which is a fine example. Also i cant disagree about finding the music you love yourself because thats exactly what ive done, gone from band to band every slowly more awesome than the last (imo) moving in different directions of style, but to get where i am now it took years and well this thread is a good place for people to post their fav music and share it with others :P

If u take the title literally, i see what your saying but really i just think he wanted to be shown some awesome music :P

Okay very good point and I did show him some awesome music. He just didn't like it and it made me not sad or angry, but disappointed that he at least didnt admire the sheer talent. I mean honestly I've known better bands to do what his bands do in the samples he's shown us. Good music still tho.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-21 19:43:18  
Yeh i know what you mean, all the time im showing my friends awesome talent but they shrug it off or call it crap cus its heavy metal and its dissapointing when a "Its good music, just not my thing" would have been alot nicer, but then i guess music is one of those personal things and if someone showed me a band i despised i suppose i wouldnt be understanding either, just gotta learn not to take it to personal i guess (i am bad at that) lol.
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-08-21 20:01:22  
Mytoy said:

Best band ever, even with their new singer:

Also:

he said music BETTER than shitty jmetal. way to break the rules
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-21 20:08:50  
How do you embed the vids properly? Probably been explained plenty but ionno! :(
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-21 20:14:01  
Ahligieri said:
How do you embed the vids properly? Probably been explained plenty but ionno! :(

With the link to the video use the very last bit of the link, like the random number and letters after the = sign

Eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80UTrCKxb6U, use the
[youtube ]80UTrCKxb6U[ /youtube]

I never mentioned Machine head or mudvayne anywehre, they a little in the past for me but Mudvayne will always have a special place for me lol also Incubus back in their old days were very good
 Shiva.Drteeth
サーバ: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-08-21 20:52:46  

Bad video, but it's of better quality than the other one I found. *** amazing live.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-08-21 21:14:55  
good music ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ0CnGWqXfg
 Asura.Celene
サーバ: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-21 21:18:17  
Minusseven said:

SYL makes me happy in the pants. True story.
 Odin.Betty
サーバ: Odin
user: Betty
By Odin.Betty 2009-08-21 21:46:26  

1969 Hot Rats Album
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-21 21:49:41  
Celene said:

SYL makes me happy in the pants. True story.

Note to self: Get in a band
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-22 02:38:51  
Drteeth said:

Bad video, but it's of better quality than the other one I found. *** amazing live.
Holy ***I love the Adicts. :p
 Shiva.Drteeth
サーバ: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-08-22 03:02:09  
They're one of the few bands that still put on a great show after so many years. :3