I Am Looking For Better Music. Help Me Find Better Than This.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » I am looking for better music. Help me find better than this.
I am looking for better music. Help me find better than this.
 Shiva.Drteeth
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-08-22 03:12:12  

Probably one of the more mainstream bands I listen to, but such an underrated band.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-22 04:04:01  
Drteeth said:
They're one of the few bands that still put on a great show after so many years. :3
I can't hardly believe they're still around. lol I know I've heard The Living End before, but who knows where. Probably an old compilation. lol Anything with stand-up bass is okay with me, too much style to hate. lol

There were a few songs I wanted to post, but they seem kind of irrelevant to the OP's taste, but it seems like more of a "I like dis" thread now anyway. Painting with broad strokes here as opposed to getting really underground and obscure. lol

The Clash - White Riot

NOFX - stickin' in my eyeeee

Cat Power - The Greatest (weird video, wtfbowling)

Swingin' Utters - Windspitting Punk
 Leviathan.Robban
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Robban
By Leviathan.Robban 2009-08-22 04:16:20  
been a bit mainstreamish as of late, but good nonetheless

other stuff worth of notice that pop into mind:
The 3rd and the Mortal
Therion
Tiamat
and the already mentioned Sonata Arctica & Nightwish
 Lakshmi.Vetramont
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vetramont
By Lakshmi.Vetramont 2009-08-22 07:50:08  
Lately, I've gotten addicted to a style of heavy rock guitar/drums with a bit of symphonic violin and an angelic female lead vocalist. Such bands include Evanescence (the most mainstream), Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, and Nightwish. They make one amazing Pandora station.

If you want something a bit harder, I really love Avenged Sevenfold for it's amazing rock and harmonistic grunge. Kind of hard to explain, but really fun to listen to.
 Hades.Nybras
サーバ: Hades
user: wyrmhole
By Hades.Nybras 2009-08-22 10:21:11  

Best song and video ever.
 Hades.Nybras
user: wyrmhole
By Hades.Nybras 2009-08-22 10:28:54  

Another of my favorites.
 Kujata.Alize
サーバ: Kujata
user: Mila
By Kujata.Alize 2009-08-22 11:06:02  
I have found a few gems here: RCRD LBL

You'll have to do a bit of digging though, lots of stuff.

*@ Caiyuo - have you heard Cat Power's work w/ Handsome Boy Modeling School?

Handsome Boy Modeling School - I've Been Thinking (ft. Cat Power)
[+]
 Seraph.Sigmund
user:
By Seraph.Sigmund 2009-08-22 12:15:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

There is absolutely no way any artist can ever top this!
 Alexander.Syxx
サーバ: Alexander
user: Stylesz
By Alexander.Syxx 2009-08-22 14:33:17  
 Fenrir.Didgist
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-08-22 14:47:27  
Dillinger Escape Plan
Portishead
Prodigy
Mars Volta
Sepultura
Slayer
Deadmau5
Circa Survive
Louis Logic
Kid Cudi
Ok Go (Old)
Queens of the Stoneage
Kyuss
Norma Jean
Capsule
NUMBER GIRL
Zazen Boys
Perfume
Triobelisk

Just a small list while I pack a bowl up and have my morning coffee.
 Siren.Opobant
サーバ: Siren
user: Opobant
By Siren.Opobant 2009-08-22 16:11:37  
Necro
Ill Bill
La Coka Nostra
Jedi Mind Tricks
Demi Godz
Majik Most
Celph titled
Apathy
7L&Esoteric
Slaine
Hatebreed
BloodForBlood
Ramallah
DeathBeforeDishinor
SamBlackChurch
Diecast
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-08-22 17:01:37  
Nothing is better than X Japan. lol
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-22 19:35:36  
Well, I could reply to every single video posted saying I like I don't etc, but that's gonna take a lot of space... o.O I do appreciate all the replies, I am quite picky with the sound I like, I know that this band I was trying to make you discover has some terrible flaws yet they excel in areas that I find important while I can't even name them... That's probably why I like them so much, there is no other explanation. There is not a lot of music like this, and if their style was copied and improved (a much better vocalist would help ihmo, I kinda hate their vocalist "."). Nightwish really tried incorporating orchestra in many of their songs, and some of it was very nice, this makes the songs a lot harder/longer to write, I'm pretty sure. But I never found other bands experimenting it after this... ever o.O

I don't think it's very important whether or not the music we share with other manages to amaze them. Seeing our tastes rejected can hurt, but if we don't try to, how will the people who are susceptible to love it ever discover it? Realize that Japanese music will probably never play on local your local radio. The only way to make others learn about it is sharing it.

I am in the process of listening to every single songs you posted. And I hope everyone can have fun discovering things, this thread isn't just about my song, I was just the original poster and I didn't expect most of you to like the song (personal experience, a lot of people hate it). It's okay to use a website to learn about music but there is too much to filter ... that tends to discourage me... usually when people are passionate about some song, there is something to dig into... I like to try understanding why they like it so much... and I like to hear about it...

Minusseven: Nice of you to try understanding me :) I bought a guitar hoping I could one day play those songs I like and share them, improve them, perhaps add some of my own, but then FF XI sucked all my time lol

Kaoishin: Knowing myself, I may love the fortieth time what I disliked the first time, just like wine cheese gourmet coffee take time to get used to, I think ingenuously crafted music too. At some point after listening to many bands I ended up forgetting who posted which songs, I'll have to look back into it if you care for personalized feedback, sorry if I made it look like I am ignoring the replies o.O
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-22 19:42:57  
Caiyuo said:
it seems like more of a "I like dis" thread now anyway.

But... wasn't it inevitably going to? ^-^;
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-22 20:18:26  
Alize said:
I have found a few gems here: RCRD LBL

You'll have to do a bit of digging though, lots of stuff.

*@ Caiyuo - have you heard Cat Power's work w/ Handsome Boy Modeling School?

Handsome Boy Modeling School - I've Been Thinking (ft. Cat Power)
Haven't heard this! Sounds good, though, so thank you. :D Still hoping at some point a full version of her Space Oddity cover surfaces.

This RCRD LBL site is pretty interesting, too. Shall poke around for awhile. lol

Psyence said:
Caiyuo said:
it seems like more of a "I like dis" thread now anyway.

But... wasn't it inevitably going to? ^-^;
Mhmmm. These threads always do! lol
 Alexander.Necrosigh
サーバ: Alexander
user: Necrosigh
By Alexander.Necrosigh 2009-08-22 20:21:40  
I don't like Japanese music *feels hate vibes* but this Vid is a pure win. Show off. But I would too if I played the guitar like him (+ singing + tinydrums or w/e)

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/miyavi/video/x26svq_miyavi-selfish-love_music

Quality is better on daylimotion than on u-tube but you can still see him on :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEH7cphEODk

*doesn't manage to make the window pop up but doesn't want to search now cos it's late -_-*
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-22 20:26:59  
Caiyuo said:
Expected someone to have mentioned Opeth or Mastodon, but those are more on the metal end of the spectrum as opposed to some of what has been posted. Opeth has stuff for everrrrryone, though, example being:

This is the kind of song that, were it in Guitar Hero, I would have ended up playing enough times for it to end up in my MP3 player. Had never heard of them, the guitar sounds are to my liking, discreet use of synthesizer is very welcome (something a lot more common in Japan usually!)... and in my limited perception of the genre, the guy's voice is better than average... I appreciate thanks~
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-22 20:33:47  
Necrosigh said:
I don't like Japanese music *feels hate vibes* but this Vid is a pure win. Show off. But I would too if I played the guitar like him (+ singing + tinydrums or w/e)

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/miyavi/video/x26svq_miyavi-selfish-love_music

Quality is better on daylimotion than on u-tube but you can still see him on :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEH7cphEODk

*doesn't manage to make the window pop up but doesn't want to search now cos it's late -_-*

Miyavi is an awesome guitarist, like, ridiculously talented lol ... I tried some of his music other than Selfish Love but... that one with the accoustic guitar intro is the most impressive to me, let's hope he makes more of that!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-22 20:45:31  
Psyence said:
This is the kind of song that, were it in Guitar Hero, I would have ended up playing enough times for it to end up in my MP3 player. Had never heard of them, the guitar sounds are to my liking, discreet use of synthesizer is very welcome (something a lot more common in Japan usually!)... and in my limited perception of the genre, the guy's voice is better than average... I appreciate thanks~
Glad you liked it! :D They have much more dark, metal stuff, but that song and the rest of the album it's from are pretty much universally enjoyable. Super talented group.

@Necrosigh + Psyence: If you guys like that style of guitar, I think you'll probably enjoy these artists. Huge on youtube!

There are better songs of theirs, but these display their unique styles best, in my opinion. Plus Kaki plays on Lakshmi!
 Shiva.Ziila
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Ziila 2009-09-02 18:24:45  
If you want some artsy rock you might like some King Crimson

Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-09-04 03:14:41  
Blue October, go. Just got their latest album. <3 it.
 Titan.Chster
サーバ: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-09-04 03:38:49  
Can't beat shredding/neo-classical music
Here's one of the best japanese guitarists: Takayoshi Ohmura

Cerberus.Ajira
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ajira
By Cerberus.Ajira 2009-09-04 03:49:20  

And for those who prefer it a bit slower or just want to drink some:
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-09-04 04:09:59  

Probably not the best song to start from them, but I don't care! Singer is *** incredible.
 Pandemonium.Steam
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Steam 2009-09-04 04:22:02  

my fav songs probs =)these or gtfo
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-09-04 18:52:33  

Somethin a little different. Idk what's up with the chick though lol.
 Hades.Chippy
user: Chippy
By Hades.Chippy 2009-09-04 20:32:39  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4bHMVAKDao&feature=related

Lol you guys listen to some rubbish it has to be said..goto this link & listen to a real band..The Stone Roses beat any other band hands down no gimmicks no no stupid costumes just F&^&** great music..go buy there LP now Kids and get funky!!..There aint many bands that can play better than these guys if any!!..So please Kids of vanadiel put on ya flares and ya baggy jumpers grow ya hair long and get with it..Destroy all you other Cd's cos they worthless..Rawr!

P.s. im not used to posting and i had a few to many beers so i hope the above link works..thanks all!..goto Youtube & check out rest of there songs youll be converted im 110% sure!.

Anyone that likes this feel free to checkout MGMT-time to pretend kick *** tune also.

I know this is off topic also but how you upload the vids im 34 and when i was @ school we had typewriters i know F^&& all about computers..
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-09-04 21:00:52  
Chippy said:

Lol you guys listen to some rubbish it has to be said

You haven't found the musical promised land with that band, chief.

But just because I didn't find it impressive (yes, I listened to the song) doesn't mean that it's not. Everyone's not going to like the same thing, and they shouldn't have to. Art =/= math
 Hades.Chippy
user: Chippy
By Hades.Chippy 2009-09-04 21:12:51  
But just because I didn't find it impressive (yes, I listened to the song) doesn't mean that it's not.

Ha ha you gave the game the game away there "doesnt mean its not" cmon admit you were tapping your feet you liked it..Couple more listens and youll be converted for sure..

Cmon though that band rocks isnt music supposed to be about going to gigs getting pis%%% outta ya brains jumping around like a loon and then copping off with a girl..waking up with sick all over you then finding out you just scored with the worst looking girl in the whole place then running out of house with your head hung low in shame then never talking about it to your mates EVER again..

the reason i say this cos some of these posts are like oooh listen to the composition on this song the arrangement ect;-
thats bollocks all you need is a great band great song..then go live a little..Like i said The Stone Roses are the Promised land..and the influenced The english music scene for the last 20 years..Which is the best the world i might add!! ha hahaha..Shame they all took so many drugs then decided to hate each others guts or they could have been world beaters..Anyone whos anyone from England has heard of the The Stone Roses i guess..they are our hidden gem from the rest of the world..now im sharing them with you and you should all thank me and send gils to my delivery box all donations welcome thanks!.

P.s Death to Death Metal!.

This band can also play great pop songs also..like i said these 2 songs dont do em justice goto youtube check out the rest...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jb383Pa46k&NR=
[+]
 Fairy.Maars
サーバ: Fairy
user: prisonsex
By Fairy.Maars 2009-09-04 21:51:09  
If they weren't Japanese, would you still enjoy the music?