Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 176 177 178
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-10 08:06:36  
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
jopa said: »
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
The 1200 Beast Job gift - "Increases familiar TP Bonus by 40" - this seems to imply the Familiar already had some type of TP Bonus boost, and this gift just increases it slightly?
All job points and gifts say "increase(s)" even if it adds an effect that wasn't there at first.

Does this mean 40 or 400? Cause 40 when we tp at 1000 is very low lol
Well except BST doesn't TP at 1000, they TP every 10-30 seconds regardless of TP, I would assume every little bit of TP bonus just increases the damage of each TP move.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-08-10 08:14:43  
Carbuncle.Kyawind said: »
hello my fellow bst brothers, i was wondering if theres a list of pet sc??

cause from the main page theres only the sc list for master and pet, but i was wondering if it has for multiple pets?

I would be interested in a completed skillchains list between pets if we can guarantee that SE wont nerf pet to pet skillchains in the coming updates. Otherwise, they way ive been looking at it is by each element the pet moves possesses and attempting via trial and error.

An example i can give is that warlikepatrick, as we all know, can self skillchain using bstpet 4 (liquification) > 1 (impaction) = fusion. There are quite a bit of other pets that have the same type of impaction ws element (lamb chop, cyclotail, tickling tendrils, etc.). Ive never tested this with another bst, and really never had a reason to until you brought this up. There are also a few pets that can close a fusion with light (i believe pentapeck works after fusion). Pentapeck > pentapeck is always fun to make light as well..

I would like to grab 6 bsts and see how long we can continue stepping skillchains. It would be something fun to do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-10 08:16:39  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
jopa said: »
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
The 1200 Beast Job gift - "Increases familiar TP Bonus by 40" - this seems to imply the Familiar already had some type of TP Bonus boost, and this gift just increases it slightly?
All job points and gifts say "increase(s)" even if it adds an effect that wasn't there at first.

Well except BST doesn't TP at 1000, they TP every 10-30 seconds regardless of TP, I would assume every little bit of TP bonus just increases the damage of each TP move.

I imagine that he is talking about how ready automatically rounds your tp up to 1000 when the command is initially used. I mean, with the amount of TP bonus we are throwing on, ready moves for WAR pets are rarely going to be less than 2100 with minimal effort.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-08-10 08:30:30  
Carbuncle.Wondolio said: »
Carbuncle.Kyawind said: »
hello my fellow bst brothers, i was wondering if theres a list of pet sc??

cause from the main page theres only the sc list for master and pet, but i was wondering if it has for multiple pets?

I would be interested in a completed skillchains list between pets if we can guarantee that SE wont nerf pet to pet skillchains in the coming updates.

It's a big list.

I'd say keep doing what you're doing and cross-reference the Ready skillchain properties with the Skillchains wiki page. It's a good excuse to learn the ways that elements combine to form chains.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2015-08-10 13:02:03  
coz like right now...

i have my brother with his pup using Stringing pummel > armor shatterer > Fusion/liquefaction (don remember) > i jam in Primal Rend > Cricket Tegmina > Darkness

but since my brother had been using bst alot more... i was wondering if we can pull off a Light/Darkness just from pets and then MB it with the pets as well??

i no that lizard duo works as well but i was wondering if its possible to make something big to knock stuff down
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-08-10 21:49:21  

Verified that the 1200 Job Point Gift is Pet:TP Bonus+40:

Since we're usually above 2000 TP after bonuses, it's a very small damage boost in the grand scheme of things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-10 21:53:26  
Man...

Massive disappointment.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-08-11 04:51:17  
Im more impressed that you got to 1200 so quickly!
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-11 07:41:14  
Im more impressed that you got to 1200 so quickly!

It seems impressive, but towards the end with all the bonuses and without a ring on, you get around 5k CP per kill, and the way we do it you are killing 4-6 things at once pretty consistently.

While it's still a shitton of grinding, it's not at all an unreachable goal. Starting from 0-100 is the longest part.
 Diabolos.Distrusive
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Distrusive 2015-08-14 06:01:36  
Is the chance to roll the Pet: TP Bonus on the skirmish axes like ridiculously low? I've tried like 2 1/2 stacks of duskorbs +1's and still haven't seen it. Q_Q
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-08-14 06:49:11  
The best I've augmented personally is pet tp bonus +80, followed by pet str/dex/vit +12, then nothing but HP/MP bonuses to master, this is on 4 stacks of +1. Whereas a total random stranger next to me got a tp bonus +180 on this first try... Sorry I know this doesnt help your plight but just hang in there..

Just from my small amount of experience I would say I get a pet tp bonus 1-2 out of every stack of duskorbs +1s.. I have yet to try using a stack of +2s.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-14 06:55:31  
Diabolos.Distrusive said: »
Is the chance to roll the Pet: TP Bonus on the skirmish axes like ridiculously low? I've tried like 2 1/2 stacks of duskorbs +1's and still haven't seen it. Q_Q

I did like 11 stacks of orbs just to see 2. Fortunately one is a tp bonus plus 200 and another is a 140. Yea it's very very low
 Seraph.Jacaut
サーバ: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-08-14 14:27:30  
The best I've augmented personally is pet tp bonus +80, followed by pet str/dex/vit +12, then nothing but HP/MP bonuses to master, this is on 4 stacks of +1. Whereas a total random stranger next to me got a tp bonus +180 on this first try... Sorry I know this doesnt help your plight but just hang in there..

Just from my small amount of experience I would say I get a pet tp bonus 1-2 out of every stack of duskorbs +1s.. I have yet to try using a stack of +2s.

out of about a stack (10 or 11?) of +2 i got tp bonus one time, thank goodness it was 200, on about 3-4 stacks of +1 ive seen tp bonus 3 times resulting in 140, 140 and now 180, which is good nuff for me~
 Diabolos.Distrusive
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Distrusive 2015-08-14 19:12:00  
Jeez. This augment system is sooooo cruel...
 Fenrir.Shinun
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-08-15 15:23:57  
For a player's very first skirmish armor augments what would be the best to aim for? I know you'll eventually need multiple sets, but upgrading from Sparks gear what should be the first augments to aim for?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-15 15:30:49  
Fenrir.Shinun said: »
For a player's very first skirmish armor augments what would be the best to aim for? I know you'll eventually need multiple sets, but upgrading from Sparks gear what should be the first augments to aim for?

Aim for mab Magic accuracy attack plus or accuracy plus with your snow orbs. I would keep whatever comes up and work on the next. Haste/pdt then double attack is the easiest and cheapest to get.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-08-15 15:39:51  
going through atleast 4-5 stacks of mixed leaf orbs, i have not got a single DA/crit+ on my axes.... is that common or am i hitting real bad luck? 2 stacks of +1's and a handful of +2
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-15 15:58:31  
Seraph.Jacaut said: »
going through atleast 4-5 stacks of mixed leaf orbs, i have not got a single DA/crit+ on my axes.... is that common or am i hitting real bad luck? 2 stacks of +1's and a handful of +2

That's normal but good thing is leaf orbs + 2 are cheapest to get buy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Darksouls
サーバ: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-08-16 04:06:09  
i think DA/critical is probably the rariest attribute of leaf orb stones for skirmish axe. I have made three damage reduced axe with around 10 stacks of +2 and probably seen DA/Critic twice.
 Sylph.Nodge
サーバ: Sylph
user: nodge
By Sylph.Nodge 2015-08-16 08:38:25  
The August update included the ability to upgrade various things further in some merit categories. There's plenty of good advice on job specific merits for BST and there are enough merits now to cap out every combat skill BST has access to, but what would people recommend in terms of attributes? Some are obvious, but others less so.
 Shiva.Arenegeth
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arenegeth
By Shiva.Arenegeth 2015-08-16 10:43:51  
Sylph.Nodge said: »
The August update included the ability to upgrade various things further in some merit categories. There's plenty of good advice on job specific merits for BST and there are enough merits now to cap out every combat skill BST has access to, but what would people recommend in terms of attributes? Some are obvious, but others less so.

I did STR/DEX back in the day when we actually used to melee, for obvious reasons. INT because I'm a Galka, but that's irrelevant to BST (supposedly may help with Tame/Feral Howl, but who knows/cares).

And now I'm doing MND for Reward and Cloudsplitter. From the remaining options CHR could be a better choice, not that we Charm anymore, but at least it helps with Primal Rend (plus Waltz). I can't think of any reason to do AGI for BST.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-08-16 11:55:52  
Can you get Charmer's Merlin without proccing weakness? I've farmed now 94 Dragua Scales and no drop still
 Asura.Lishje
サーバ: Asura
user: Lishje
By Asura.Lishje 2015-08-16 12:14:28  
Quote:
Can you get Charmer's Merlin without proccing weakness? I've farmed now 94 Dragua Scales and no drop still

I can attest to this, as it took me 1/15 to get it with just /thf. Never bothered procing it, just killed it out right.

Keep trying! :<
 Fenrir.Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-08-16 19:46:09  
Well I finally got Charmer's Merlin aswell as re-augmented my pants for bst. So i'm @15 sec Ready time since I dont have 100 JP. But, my question is I was thinking on running Salvage/Salvage II for Clears and maybe to try to farm, but are their any pets I should use? I ask because I ran Bhaflau II and got stuck at Cerb since my pet didn't have a magic attack.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-08-16 20:24:40  
Fenrir.Shinun said: »
Well I finally got Charmer's Merlin aswell as re-augmented my pants for bst. So i'm @15 sec Ready time since I dont have 100 JP. But, my question is I was thinking on running Salvage/Salvage II for Clears and maybe to try to farm, but are their any pets I should use? I ask because I ran Bhaflau II and got stuck at Cerb since my pet didn't have a magic attack.

jesus bird maybe? idk his real name, but have molting plumage for magic attacks, and -50%fire damage
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-16 20:30:53  
Patrick is great for Bhaflau. Tail Blow > Brain Crush > Fireball. The cerberus is not too resistant to fire, so it's no problem.
By geigei 2015-08-17 12:08:57  
Quick question on Falkirk's lua, i jp atm and want to use kumbha1/skull while tping, switch sub to charmer for recast and then kumbha2 for potency and back to skull. My first pet job and this lua is overwhelming, dunno how to set weapons.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-08-17 12:51:20  
For your TPing axes, if you don't want to edit much, just change:
Code
Pet_PDT_AxeMain = "Izizoeksi"
Pet_PDT_AxeSub = "Astolfo"
to:
Code
Pet_PDT_AxeMain = {name="Kumbhakarna", augments={*whatever your augments are go here*}}
Pet_PDT_AxeSub = "Skullrender"

Do your "//gs export" again for your 2nd Kumbhakarna and input the augments into this line:
Code
Ready_Atk_Axe = {name="Kumbhakarna", augments={*whatever your augments are go here*}}

And that should take care of it. :)

By default, when you're in PetOnly mode it'll switch your Charmer's Merlin into the offhand, so no worries there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-08-17 21:06:11  
HQ should be both the new best pet.engaged.idle piece and best not-max-macc nuking piece.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-08-17 21:32:54  
Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
HQ should be both the new best pet.engaged.idle piece and best not-max-macc nuking piece.

Wow. Where does this come from? Sinister Reign or is it hexedgear?
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 176 177 178