フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » best sub for PUP
best sub for PUP
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-28 14:07:06  
Dubont said:
didnt they gimp the range automation though...i remember my damage going from OMFG! to wtf....

Thought that was a glitch from right after acp that they had to fix.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-28 14:07:06  
Enternius said:
PUP is one of the most expensive jobs to play well, because you really need stuff like Toreador'sx2, Peacock Charm etc in order to hit with C- skill at 75. Plus some of the better attachments run for 300k+ each.
So to answer your question, yes, good PUPs are rare.

Turbocharger, Dynamo, among others :(

800k for one of those things too.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-08-28 14:33:15  
pup is a expensive job but when u got all attachment & start meriting fairly cheap running costs.
Solo on ep/dc mobs /dnc & storm head/frame with optimiation merit pawn the ***out of anything.
If you got pup75 try get the mythic ws stringing pummel asap its a awesome ws & better than any other & more consistant dmg.
if doing tough+ /nin way better with storm head/frame.
or /sch if using the blm frame, nuke+deactivate strat.
whm frame can be useful in party situation, but when soloing storm head/frame will increae your dmg a lot, so no need out of party situation to use this frame.
 Alexander.Gib
サーバ: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2009-08-28 15:06:22  
/WAR or GTFO

cause if you're soloing, you should always do Soul Soother and if you're in a party chances are you're gonna gonna be getting hate, that is unless you have Hades Sainti and can bust out Stringing Pummel. In those cases I would do /NIN

PUPs that do /DNC make me sad
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-08-28 18:31:53  
Gib said:
/WAR or GTFO

cause if you're soloing, you should always do Soul Soother and if you're in a party chances are you're gonna gonna be getting hate, that is unless you have Hades Sainti and can bust out Stringing Pummel. In those cases I would do /NIN

PUPs that do /DNC make me sad

Pups that /dnc in pts make me sad. Pups that /whm in pts make me sadder.

With the right gear though...(See: Usukane set), /drg may be better then /war due to the haste gear, jumps, and Acc bonus. I havnt done parses as im 2/3 on 3 pieces, let alone dont know any 5/5 usu pups on cerb...but in my head it sounds like a possibility.
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-28 19:14:38  
I have seen a 5/5 Usu pup on remora....never ptyd with him but from what i hear hes a beast. He also subs drg and uses Vbelt/wyvern earring and has the haste attachment for his pup. All this if from what i have heard of course.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-08-28 19:36:42  
I know there are a few on cerb, but I dont know who they are. I'd love to test it out though. My pup is crying in the corner to get some usu.

I hate bard. QQ
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-28 19:45:22  
I thought /War would be best because of Double Attack. I'd imagine Pup would have to use sushi on any endgame mobs because of that C+ Hand-2-Hand skill, so I wouldn't think /Drg Acc would matter. Merely speculation, I don't have Pup leveled.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-08-28 19:52:13  
Haseyo said:
I thought /War would be best because of Double Attack. I'd imagine Pup would have to use sushi on any endgame mobs because of that C+ Hand-2-Hand skill, so I wouldn't think /Drg Acc would matter. Merely speculation, I don't have Pup leveled.

Having pup leveled, Maranara pizza +1 is a godsend for meriting. Makes having /drg moreso useful. Again though, I wouldnt advise /drg unless you have a good deal of +acc gear, and the attack power to back it up.

As far as endgame scene, there is a bunch we can do, but fewer we're good at. (Rather, theres jobs better.) For most HNMs, we dont attack, we're *usually* /whm with either Sharpshot or Spiritweaver making up our damage.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-08-28 20:26:49  
Dubont said:
I have seen a 5/5 Usu pup on remora....never ptyd with him but from what i hear hes a beast. He also subs drg and uses Vbelt/wyvern earring and has the haste attachment for his pup. All this if from what i have heard of course.

Moron
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-08-28 20:37:58  
Abrupt said:
Enternius said:
You're thinking of Armor Piercer. A good PUP can do 1.5k or so, enough to parse on par with some DDs.

Actually, they outparse other jobs on a regular basis - just like DRG has for a long time. SAMs in team will be very proud of their 1.5k+ weapon skills and chains, and they'll be 20% of the team damage... with the PUP at 31%.

When you get down to it, the PUP master and the puppet itself will never come close to touching most job's damage by themselves, but when combined, they tend to simply out DD other jobs, at all levels. Parse a good PUP, and see first hand. In addition because their damage is split almost exactly 50/50 in most situations, they can go completely all out 100% of the time, and very rarely draw aggro - the SAM will have to sub NIN in many situations just to duck those extra hits, and the PUP in the same situation will just Berserk right on with /WAR, because he's just never going to get aggro.

User submitted image
[+]
 Bismarck.Drue
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Drue
By Bismarck.Drue 2009-08-28 20:55:42  
War is good for attack bonus but can't hit for ***. When I sub mnk dodge, counter-stance, and focus pwns War.
 Caitsith.Ryder
サーバ: Caitsith
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2009-08-28 21:10:00  
Blazza said:
Best sub for pup is /blm. That way you can cast warp and change to a better job.

I hear pups can deal some dmg... but this was funny.
[+]
 Garuda.Glaciont
サーバ: Garuda
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2009-08-28 21:22:46  
An excellent PUP to ask is Midnightmemory, best PUP in all of Garuda server I swear. Give him a PM I'm sure he'll help out!
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-08-28 21:23:14  
Drue said:
War is good for attack bonus but can't hit for ***. When I sub mnk dodge, counter-stance, and focus pwns War.

Show me some numbers vs a /war
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-08-28 21:45:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Drue said:

If you're relying on 20 accuracy, 40% of the time, you do realize that /drg's 10 accuracy bonus will be better overall, right?

Puppetmasters, don't listen to this guy. If you value your melee, then cool. Just don't expect it to be the reason you're worthwhile in any sort of endgame. Use different subjobs appropriately, in different situations. Use whatever you like while soloing. But in my party, never, ever, ever sub monk above 50. I can understand before then, sure.... But if you need the accuracy on top of food, /drg. If you don't, /war. Period.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-28 21:48:31  
Jiko said:
Drue said:

On top of allllll that, Counterstance is 45 Bro, didn't know lvl cap went up to 90.

Edit**

Oh,

Vincevalentine said:
Drue said:

If you're relying on 20 accuracy, 40% of the time, you do realize that /drg's 10 accuracy bonus will be better overall, right?

Puppetmasters, don't listen to this guy. If you value your melee, then cool. Just don't expect it to be the reason you're worthwhile in any sort of endgame. Use different subjobs appropriately, in different situations. Use whatever you like while soloing. But in my party, never, ever, ever sub monk above 50. I can understand before then, sure.... But if you need the accuracy on top of food, /drg. If you don't, /war. Period.

And all of this.
 Cerberus.Geldric
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-28 22:01:03  
Frobeus said:
Dubont said:

Moron

Don't do it Bro.
He'll call you an elitest and a nerd.

Also; Drue please lie better.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-08-28 23:10:27  
Sub Bst, hurhurhur
I like using /WAR, /THF and /SCH myself for Endgame, soloing and whatnot. :3
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-28 23:19:33  
Geldric said:

Don't do it Bro.
He'll call you an elitest and a nerd.

Schwat?

User submitted image

Side note: War > Mnk post 25. OP is obviously an idiot.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-08-28 23:27:17  
Rumaha said:
Jiko said:
Drue said:

Oh,

Vincevalentine said:
Drue said:

And all of this.

On top of H2H being a HUGE no-no in HNM, imagine Nidhogg! WING WING WING WING WING wut!?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-28 23:30:41  
Huge unrelated quotes FTW.

On the topic of Nidhogg, wouldn't that be when you PUP/SCH with Stormwalker and just sit back and nuke?
 Asura.Gavvy
user: Kumbai
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-08-29 00:56:45  
You cant really fight Nid and not be hit by it's Wings... your Maton would get smashed and it would do very little damage with it's nukes.. since Ice is your highest spell, and it's weak to water (apparently lawl)
 Seraph.Gael
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-08-29 02:21:16  
Dubont said:
pup/drg with max haste gear and haste on automation = god

NO. Pup with a full haste gear are the worst noobs you can find.

We start with 225 H2H skill.. even if you are 8/8 H2H merit, you still need to have a max acc gear.

All pup who think otherwise should try to parse their accuracy, not only with their eyes, but with a real parser...

The only except will be with the usukane gear which add the same acc you can have with a full acc gear, with 13% haste.
 Asura.Gavvy
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-08-29 02:55:04  
With 8/8 H2H, my personal optimum gear for PUP would be:

PUP/DRG

Usukane Somen / Faith Torque / Brutal Earring / Wyvern Earring
Pantin Tobe +1 / Pantin Dastanas / Toreador's Ring / Rajas Ring
Pantin Cape / Swift Belt / Usukane Hizayoroi / Usukane Sune-ate

Especially with the addition of Pizza now, I won't have any concerns using that set up on Birds.

Edit; I have Tobe +1
 Seraph.Gael
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-08-29 03:13:18  
A full haste gear like i can see in seraph :

Walahra Turban/xxxx/Wyvern Earring/xxxx
Goliard body/Pantin Dastanas/xxxx/xxx
xxxx/swift belt/(Barbarossa's Zerehs - sometime)/Enkidu's Leggings

You are far away from this lol
 Asura.Gavvy
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-08-29 03:20:35  
Well, what I posted was a suitable haste gear for meriting... What you posted is pretty unreasonable for a merit situation, unless you're getting madrigals. And if you're getting Madrigals in a merit party, there is a problem ;3
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-08-29 12:27:49  
Gavvy said:
Well, what I posted was a suitable haste gear for meriting... What you posted is pretty unreasonable for a merit situation, unless you're getting madrigals. And if you're getting Madrigals in a merit party, there is a problem ;3

Thats not really true. As a brd also, I get asked for mad's a lot, especially in a 2x brd pt.
 Asura.Gavvy
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-08-29 12:32:06  
Well, you're exping with bad melee really. Even on my MNK I wouldn't ask for a Madrigal.
[+]