The Great Debate 2
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-07 00:48:46  
Alyria said:
Everybody should have same rights, we all eat the same food, pee in same toilets, etc.

That can be changed...
I bet that Gay's bathrooms would be cleaner ._.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-07 00:48:54  
I just find it funny that we, as a society, twist and turn words so much they have nothing to do with their original meaning, yet we, as a society, are getting so hung up over the word "marriage."

"They can have CIVIL UNIONS, or PARTNERSHIPS, and have all the same rights as a married couple, but MARRIAGE is out of the question."

wtf?

ProtectMarriage.com said:
Proposition 8 is NOT an attack on gay couples and does not take away the rights that same-sex couples already have under California’s domestic partner law. California law already grants domestic partners all the rights that a state can grant to a married couple. Gays have a right to their private lives, but not to change the definition of marriage for everyone else.

So "domestic partnership" is A-OK, but marriage is not, when it's effectively the same thing. Alrighty then!
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-07 00:50:36  
Amael said:
Yakutatazu said:
I see your point but I don't agree with it as a whole. There is no law that says you're not allowed to be homosexual or engage in homosexual activities.

Though not against Homosexuality per se, there were and still are in some states Sodomy laws

In the world there are countries that being Homosexual is punishable with death.

Yeah, but there are crazy laws for crazy thing everywhere lol.. hell in the military the only legal sex act/position is missionary even for hetero style.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 00:51:46  
Well that was fun while it lasted. Definitely raced there for awhile, but in all seriousness just so people know which side I'm on.

Alyria said:
Everybody should have same rights, we all eat the same food, pee in same toilets, etc. So denying gays to marry is same as saying a white chick cant marry a spanish guy cause he speaks spanish. It is a discrimination and they should be allowed to marry the same sex.

^This

But I am an Atheist so that part wasn't hard to do, lol!

BBL!
 Shiva.Clowdd
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-07 00:51:50  
Galvaya said:
My thing, is marriage is a religious term, that's incorporated into our law. It should first be seperated from the law, if anything, when you marry, its under a religious agreement.
When its otherwise not religeous, even with heterosexuals, they consider it civil ceremony. I think when people that are homosexual want to "marry" its just an improper use of the word.

I think that for hetero couples, a marriage should be in conjuction with a civil ceremony.

What I do agree is, that if homosexuals want to become "committed" to one another, and have the benefits, they should have a right to do so, and just call it something other than marriage. But make it equally as hard to seperate as a marriage.

When asking to be married, its something that you bring god into,(because thats the origin of "marriage") and when you bring god into it, thats asking god to approve to marry a gay couple, which he/she said is a no-no.

Its the same as playing ffxi, and calling your character a toon. Its basically the same thing, just using the wrong tense of the word.

I'm not very religious btw.

^this
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-07 00:52:18  
Ludoggy said:
Alyria said:
Everybody should have same rights, we all eat the same food, pee in same toilets, etc.

That can be changed...
I bet that Gay's bathrooms would be cleaner ._.

They would be cleaner just b/c fewer ppl would use them let alone w/e sterotype you're going to imply lol.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-07 00:56:14  
Yakutatazu said:

They would be cleaner just b/c fewer ppl would use them let alone w/e sterotype you're going to imply lol.

What if its in San Fransisco?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 00:56:26  
Katarzyna said:
I just find it funny that we, as a society, twist and turn words so much they have nothing to do with their original meaning, yet we, as a society, are getting so hung up over the word "marriage."

This reminded me of one last thought, when are they gonna take that "under god" phrase out of the pledge of allegiance? lol

ok I'm out for now, piece!
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-09-07 00:58:01  
Ludoggy said:
Yakutatazu said:

What if its in San Fransisco?

used restrooms in san fran, they're nasty.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-07 00:58:58  
Vana'diel doesn't allow same sex marriage. I propose a silent protest outside the palace in Ru'Lude Gardens.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-07 01:05:13  
Katarzyna said:
Vana'diel doesn't allow same sex marriage. I propose a silent protest outside the palace in Ru'Lude Gardens.

Gl with that lol.. your best bet is to note to them that there are many many many many males that play mithra that might want to marry a female char.. doubt they'd go for the same-sex stuff.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-07 01:16:41  
Hands across Vana! Coming together in unholy congress to allow the boytarus play grab-*** in public. <3 To Yaku's point, little does SE know the manthra has been the secret to same sex marriage all along. lol
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-07 01:57:00  
no one should have to vote on this to begin with, it should just be allowed. no one had to vote for heteros to be allowed to get married. no one should be restricted of the right to marriage whether they be white, black, male, female, hetero, homo. its a life choice that belongs to them and them only. and they should be able to adopt or have surrogate children all they want. if you can raise your child "right", which is only what you view as "right", then a gay person/couple can do it just the same. arguing that the child won't know the fundamentals of man+woman is dumb, cuz man+woman is not the only option.

i live in california, when it was legal here, no one voted for it, state legislation just passed on it out of nowhere. then all of a sudden everyone put up a ballot to ban it. and you can believe i was at every march and rally we had against that vote. i'm not gay, but restricting rights is rediculous. thats what makes me hate this country so much. our freedom is a joke. at least in other countries they straight tell you whats up and don't lie. you can't do this and you can't do that. here your free to do whatever, except this, this, this, this, and that. or until someone doesn't like what you do.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-07 01:59:04  
Boundsoul said:
thats what makes me hate this country so much.

Unless you are going to try changing it. I hope you leave.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-07 02:02:19  
i'd leave if i could afford to, trust me.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-07 02:31:03  
Ludoggy said:
Boundsoul said:
thats what makes me hate this country so much.

Unless you are going to try changing it. I hope you leave.

^

Boundsoul said:
i'd leave if i could afford to, trust me.

Punks like you have no clue how good you have it. Stop blaming your short comings on society, this is the most 'free' you can get. Nothing is perfect, grow up or get out. I'd gladly kick you out if I could, I didn't fight for this country so punks like you can bad mouth what you don't understand.
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-07 02:42:52  
This doesn't even matter.

People love putting things in their little boxes with rules based on what's right and wrong.

Religion is made up and irrelevant. Marriage, the family structure, homes, wealth and welfare are all forms of slavery.

I think the meaning of life is simply to continue it.

Men are meant to provide the spark of life and women are meant to nurture and ensure it's survival. Doesn't require marriage, monogamy or anything else.

To think about anything else such as being gay is a monumental waste of time because it serves no useful purpose to humanity.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-07 02:44:18  
Last time i posted in grea debate or a topic on what ever i was.. someone stated I was either a pedo or an athiest in real life, and I'm no neither. D:
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-07 02:48:40  
Paulus said:

People love putting things in their little boxes with rules based on what's right and wrong.

Religion is made up and irrelevant. Marriage, the family structure, homes, wealth and welfare are all forms of slavery.

Men are meant to provide the spark of life and women are meant to nurture and ensure it's survival. Doesn't require marriage, monogamy or anything else.

To think about anything else such as being gay is a monumental waste of time because it serves no useful purpose to humanity.

So wrong.. but yet so right.. one could argue though the fact that we go beyond the basics and into the 'waste area' is what separates us from all other life forms.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-07 03:10:14  
Paulus said:

just because gays don't choose to procreate naturally doesn't mean they can't. if the human race faced extinction, i'm pretty damn sure they would commit to the survival of the species.
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-07 03:14:24  
Wow I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. But that does sound like you and I just gave the OP an idea for the next subject of the forums.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=13579562
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-07 03:19:02  
and blind faith doesn't get you anywhere either. no law dictates that to live in this country i have to love it, or the lies it tells and truths it hides. but like i said, if i didn't have to work overtime everyday to support 5 others, i would gladly leave this country. and not once did i mention a shortcoming outside of having to live here.

no matter the point, this thread is not for this arguement. i reply only based on an attack on my personal character.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-07 05:13:00  
Yakutatazu said:
I didn't fight for this country so punks like you can bad mouth what you don't understand.

Actually, you did. Freedom of speech and all. Just because you don't agree doesn't give him less of a right to voice his opinion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 09:41:45  
Stanflame said:
Last time i posted in grea debate or a topic on what ever i was.. someone stated I was either a pedo or an athiest in real life, and I'm no neither. D:

lol I make it point to make sure people understand that I'm an atheist. Religion clouds the mind when you want to think pure logic and use real science.
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-07 09:59:58  
Personally, I don't see any good reason why homosexual couples should not be allowed to marry.

Additionally, the thought of a Constitutional amendment to define specifically that marriage is between a man and a woman just makes me want to catch fire. Taking the roots of the US Constitution in mind, imagine making an amendment that specifically denies rights to a select group of people.

I'm glad that didn't happen during the last administration, although it was brought up a lot.

For the record... I'm hetero, Christian, went to Catholic school, in the military, AND I support gay marriage.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-07 10:22:01  
Boundsoul said:
and blind faith doesn't get you anywhere either. no law dictates that to live in this country i have to love it, or the lies it tells and truths it hides. but like i said, if i didn't have to work overtime everyday to support 5 others, i would gladly leave this country. and not once did i mention a shortcoming outside of having to live here.

You attacked the country that I put my life on the line to defend. It's not this country's fault you're in the state you are. I'd like to know where you think you're going to get better freedom b/c it doesn't exist. If you don't want put down, don't attack something you don't understand.

Katarzyna said:
Yakutatazu said:
I didn't fight for this country so punks like you can bad mouth what you don't understand.

Actually, you did. Freedom of speech and all. Just because you don't agree doesn't give him less of a right to voice his opinion.

Huge difference between sexual preference and loyalty to your country. His opinions that this nation is crap is total disrespect to the men and women that have died protecting his right to have those opinions.

How about you guys just stick to the debate about gay marriage instead of bashing the country you live in.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 10:59:19  
That should be the topic for the next big debate. That would definitely stir up some opinions.

I've noticed over the years, people in or who have been in the military get very angry when someone doesn't like the state of the country and/or especially what our troops are doing.

The idea that men and women are fighting / dying to protect our freedom is not entirely true. Yes that is the goal of the military, but can you say every conflict is a struggle for our freedom?

During wars like the Revolutionary War, WWI & WII, absolutely. But it's all relative to the current administration policies and what is actually threatening our country.

Terrorism for example doesn't come from one country, so it's hard to justify where and what our troops do.

I'll stop here, but this should be the next big debate topic.
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-07 11:02:02  
it may be disrespectful in your opinion but it's still his right to have his own opinion. also do you really think that the government doesn't lie and control the country with fear?

would you really want to fight and die to protect only free speech that is nice to soldiers and your country? you can be loyal to your country but still disagree with what is happening in it.

Paulus said:
Wow I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. But that does sound like you and I just gave the OP an idea for the next subject of the forums.

i think that pretty much got talked about earlier in the thread. no reason to drag it on.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 11:22:10  
Paulus said:

LOL! I finally clicked on that link. It's a lesbian couple that needs a guy to get one of them pregnant.

I'd so do it if I lived by them. I'm in their age range too 23-29. That's like win win for everyone.

Get to make out with some lesbians, they get a child the way they want. I'd love to have a kid, but I'm in no situation to be even ready to take care of one, never mind the fact I'm single. I wish I lived by them!
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-07 15:21:46  
Last post then I'm done with this thread. You claim I don't understand things without even knowing me, but whatever. There is one thing I don't understand. If we're all so free and that freedom is so great, then why is it that we have to vote so some citizens can have the same rights permitted to all others without question?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10