フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 116 117 118
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2018-10-11 07:33:59  
It does feel really early after the wait between the first two, I spent all my raid coins on tuesday so I would have too many tomorrow to deal with and I kinda regret it now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-10-11 08:25:29  
He'll probably sync pretty well with merc Ramza since Ramza can feed him LB. Turn 1 140% buffs are pretty sweet too, definitely not a unit I'd be disappointed to have two of. His lack of group wide MP recovery still kinda sucks but at this point things either die fast enough that you wont run out of MP or you have healers along who can do it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-11 09:56:19  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Most times he'll be better than MS Nichol since most of his buffs are stronger.

I mean I would hope so seeing as you're comparing a 6* to a 7*. Once Nichol hits 7* though...
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-10-11 10:17:58  
Just had a look at the new 7* units and now I have 7* Rem, Zarg and Beatrix

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-10-11 10:51:43  
An imbue is kinda a bit deal as well as 175% buffs if you're only running 1 or 2 damage units. But that said there is always going to be something better, if we dismissed units based on whats on the horizon being better we'd rarely pull for anything but king mog farming. That zarg can also function to chain gives him a niche that other support focused units usually don't fill so he has his place.
By clearlyamule 2018-10-11 11:09:47  
Also 7* Nichol doesn't have to bring much more. He's already highly competitive. But he also gets decent magic finisher and magic chaining spells and a passive AoE autolimit. Also gets his enhancements
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-11 17:03:25  
Also builds a nice amount of esper orbs for a non summoner unit. Outside of situations where you need an evade tank who isn't your tank, which I can't think of many, nichol offers stronger buffs, more applicable utility, and easier access to all of his kit.

If we're going to say that Nichol gets nothing from his 7* then Zarg honestly got even less.

Also not really sure what the Zarg chaining hype is about. It's pod frames, which most support units should be equipping anyway.
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2018-10-11 21:29:48  
The fact that 6* CG Nichol is comparable to a fully enhanced 7* Zarg really says something. Zarg can still fill multiple roles really well and has some beefy mitigation, but I wouldn't really put him near Nichol on a support level.

That said, use what you have.
By Ciri Zireael 2018-10-11 21:40:53  
Such as this build which hits 100% draw attacks with provoke from golem while having 100% evade and reaching 1050 attack using dual wield.

Zarg is still probably the best unit for covering multiple roles but I've yet to hit a point where I'm so limited on space that I need a unit to cover 3-4 different roles at once.
By clearlyamule 2018-10-11 22:05:05  
I'm sure it will have niche uses... like say a fight where a few turns into it you need the provoke but not really before (like say those mobs that like to snort you when they get low) but in a situation I want provoke starting turn 1 (ie most ones you want a provoke) you wont likely want to choose to not have buffs that turn
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-11 22:08:43  
Yep. Complete opposite of Rem for me. Rem is great because the role she normally inhabits, healing, doesn't require overwhelming power and is often left without ***to do half the time. She can function as the best MP battery in the game, a chainer, a finisher, she provides on demand AoE reraise without having to spend an LB or unlock it through contrived means (as a bonus it also comes with some moderately strong defensive bonuses), and she's cute a f.

Zarg inhabits a role that not only has very little room in their rotation to throw out utility normally (this is true for him as well), but his utility is just so niche. How often do you need a provoke tank that isn't your main tank? How often do you need your support unit to provide extra chains? As opposed to things like party wide limit gauge filling and esper gauge filling, this just seems not very useful to me.

Again, not saying Zarg is bad. But people saying he's better than Nichol or a gamechanger (on reddit mostly) are *** speds.
By Ciri Zireael 2018-10-11 22:14:16  
Personally happy to finally have Eiko 7* been excited for that for awhile.
By clearlyamule 2018-10-11 22:42:53  
Eiko kind of a bore for me. But at least nice to have a 7* smn for those occasionally times I want a smn. Speaking of her is there any real reason to farm the TMR for both of her? Ie would I ever realistically use it on anyone besides her 7* form cause I'm wracking my brain and keep coming up with well at least it's not quite as bad as Lightnings
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-11 23:11:54  
instruments are generally trash

*** meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. This isn't even her final form, I don't have her BiS TMR and STMR, which is...

Then let's add killers...

And imperils!

Healer btw.
By Ciri Zireael 2018-10-12 16:40:09  
clearlyamule said: »
Eiko kind of a bore for me. But at least nice to have a 7* smn for those occasionally times I want a smn. Speaking of her is there any real reason to farm the TMR for both of her? Ie would I ever realistically use it on anyone besides her 7* form cause I'm wracking my brain and keep coming up with well at least it's not quite as bad as Lightnings

Merc Ramza can make use of her TMR, but the only real other application aside from Eiko herself is Lunera to double proc her passive with Angel Flute and Tinkererbow, but I don't know if that's even such a great option when she's 7*
By clearlyamule 2018-10-12 17:49:45  
Ciri Zireael said: »
clearlyamule said: »

Merc Ramza can make use of her TMR, but the only real other application aside from Eiko herself is Lunera to double proc her passive with Angel Flute and Tinkererbow, but I don't know if that's even such a great option when she's 7*
Oh ***wasn't till you posted this I realized it's 1 handed lol. So used to instruments being terribly 2handed. Still pretty meh statted though. Are instruments even ever up for item world?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-12 18:46:24  
Not yet they haven't, which is great cause it'd be a waste of a slot until we get the "Every weapon is open" IW. Should get that next since we have now had every weapon type besides instruments.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-10-12 20:33:36  
I'm glad we retained boobs of the light CG sequence.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-10-14 07:15:32  
Would people have even pulled for her without them?
By clearlyamule 2018-10-14 12:47:12  
Depends what kind of pulling you talking about

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-15 04:04:18  
Lots of new stuff for Halloween. 2 new units, a magic tank dd support and a dd, and 7* for existing Halloween 5*s. Personally think I'll skip, not particularly enthusiastic about any of the new units or the new awakenings as they don't sound like they'll replace anything on my team. Barbariccia and I.Nichol enhancements could be nice though.

Valkyrie Profile next week too. Skipping, never played don't care and not hipster enough to pretend that I care.

Hoarding for Cbristine continues.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-10-15 05:29:35  
welp, time to reaugment some of my other GA i didnt know it went up to 30% for the rare.
By Ciri Zireael 2018-10-15 12:47:30  
Honestly loved VP1, 2, and Plume as a kid so I'll try for Freya. Even though she isn't that great I still absolutely loved her in the games. Yea Arngrim STMR and he's cool, Lunneth is also amazing, but Freya is badass.

Actually second thought, I'll just skip and hoard for Xenogears and assume every banner is bait until Xenogears.
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-10-16 18:46:51  
Is anyone able to put up something that can chain with Hyoh with paralysis resistance and a light or fire weapon (I can adjust my Hyoh).

Trying to clear the Fenrir battle and paralysis is ruining things right now.
By Creecreelo 2018-10-16 20:23:29  
Asura.Tydis said: »
Is anyone able to put up something that can chain with Hyoh with paralysis resistance and a light or fire weapon (I can adjust my Hyoh).

Feel like if it's just para on a friend Hyoh that's ruining the battle that likely means there's more going on that's ruining the battle??
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-10-16 20:40:27  
Creecreelo said: »

Feel like if it's just para on a friend Hyoh that's ruining the battle that likely means there's more going on that's ruining the battle??
It's more in a sense of, I could grind this out but that would be a super long fight.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-10-16 20:53:18  
Creecreelo said: »

It's more in a sense of, I could grind this out but that would be a super long fight.
I'll put up my Hyoh for you, any particular killers?
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 116 117 118