Really you can't beat my over lvl 9000 chuck norris/jesus
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-09-30 16:28:09  
Dasva said:
Not to mention they can't start another one right away and can't do all the other stuff blm can

Yes, they can. Nuke > deactivate > activate > nuke again. When you deactivate, it resets all of the puppet's timers.

The point I'm making is that the job is quite versatile, and can do a lot of different things. Can my rng automaton out damage a rng one-on-one? Nah, of course not. But when you factor in that he *can* do pretty damn well, and that the master can throw in decent damage and over 1k stringing pummel's, it balances out.

The biggest weakness I've found with the job is that aoe's can be a big problem, since it's tough to cure the automaton.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-09-30 16:28:10  
I bet you I could hack your acct. and sell it for thousands of dollars. Then I'll laugh cause you don't have no lvl 90000 CN/Jesus.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-30 16:40:38  
Sketchkat said:
Dasva said:
Not to mention they can't start another one right away and can't do all the other stuff blm can

Yes, they can. Nuke > deactivate > activate > nuke again. When you deactivate, it resets all of the puppet's timers.

I know they can do that. It's still not right away in that time I could be halfway done with another nuke and it's assuming your it's at full health. Also you'll be lacking the maneuvers that give it decent dmg
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-09-30 16:43:20  
User submitted image

I rest my case.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-09-30 16:44:34  
pup sux bcuz it lyk mnk but wurs
hurhurhurhur
<3 PUP D:
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-09-30 16:46:33  
Dasva said:

I know they can do that. It's still not right away in that time I could be halfway done with another nuke and it's assuming your it's at full health. Also you'll be lacking the maneuvers that give it decent dmg

You're right, the second nuke won't be as powerful. That's the point I was making in my last post: By that time, the master has already made up for the couple hundred damage that'll be lost in the puppet's second nuke. Plus, there's no hate control issues to worry about from the first one.

I'm not ragging on your nuking ability or anything, just so you know. Just giving you something to think about, that's all.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-09-30 16:47:21  
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-30 16:51:07  
Haseyo said:
Would you choose a Pup with a Whm frame over a Whm? Hell no.
Would you choose a Pup with a Blm frame over a Blm? Hell no.
Would you choose a Pup with a Rng frame over a Rng? Hell no.

Sketchkat said:
I'm not ragging on your nuking ability or anything, just so you know. Just giving you something to think about, that's all.

If someone wants to nuke something they grab a BLM. If someone wants to cure they grab a WHM/RDM/SCH. If someone wants to ranged attack something they grab a RNG.

The only time I can possibly think of a PUP being useful in a group activity is like Dynamis when all of the key rolls have been filled and it doesn't matter what job you come on.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-30 17:03:36  
Pup's problem is the CIA has it pushing too many pencils.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-09-30 17:53:38  
QQ moar.

People play pup because they enjoy it. If you dont like that they like it, stfu, gtfo, and play your damn game.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-09-30 18:15:39  
Jiko said:
QQ moar.

People play pup because they enjoy it. If you dont like that they like it, stfu, gtfo, and play your damn game.

DO NOT QUESTION THE EGGS!!! O_O
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2009-09-30 18:16:23  
only idiots that dont have any knowlage of the game say such a stupid comment as "lolpup" . there r no lol jobs too b honest...there r only lol players,and if u think pup is lol...then you have only proved your one of those "lol players". pup takes much more money and homework to learn then...lets say a sam,that an idiot could b good at.any good pup or ppl that know them ,know the massive spike dmg a blm frame can do...or out parrsing a sam with a rng frame.yes..u can b a terrible pup if ur lazy,this job takes dedication,but the rewards r much higher then being a dime-a-dozon sam or drk that can walk into a pt and hit 1 button and go afk(i know..i have 1).i have no reason to play drk anymore...because i have pup that will pwn it any day of the week. theres no such thing as a lol job in ffxi...end.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-30 18:20:17  
Hotkarl said:
only idiots that dont have any knowlage of the game say such a stupid comment as "lolpup"

and only people like you say this.

This is the same old dance. "lolpup"
"its not lol! you're just ignorant!"
"then why does it suck so much?"
"cause 98% of pup's dont know how to play their job"
"so only 2% chosen by god can play pup?"
same dance same dance...
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-30 18:24:47  
I used to think this for many reasons people have already discussed within this thread... but then i got a look at a PUP wearing 5/5 usukane and pretty unbelievable gear in general...

I can't remember which frame he was using, but he was outparsing the gimpy SAM and WAR nearly combined when combining the PUP and pet.

This was the first and last time i saw a good PUP in action....

It all boils down to specializing in the job, you can have a billion 75's and almost always someone has 1 specific favorite that they care about more than others.

And if you look at it that way... how many people would actually choose PUP to specialize in?

If you dont specialize in PUP and take it beyond it's limits... you'll always be the "lolPUP"
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-30 18:41:49  
Ludoggy said:
Hotkarl said:
only idiots that dont have any knowlage of the game say such a stupid comment as "lolpup"

and only people like you say this.

This is the same old dance. "lolpup"
"its not lol! you're just ignorant!"
"then why does it suck so much?"
"cause 98% of pup's dont know how to play their job"
"so only 2% chosen by god can play pup?"
same dance same dance...

Exactly

Clinpachi said:
I used to think this for many reasons people have already discussed within this thread... but then i got a look at a PUP wearing 5/5 usukane and pretty unbelievable gear in general...

I can't remember which frame he was using, but he was outparsing the gimpy SAM and WAR nearly combined when combining the PUP and pet.

This was the first and last time i saw a good PUP in action....

And if it could wear that a rdm could outparse them
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-30 18:46:39  
To put it simply, no matter how good your gear/merits are on PUP, it would always be a million times better if you put the same amount of effort into another job.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-09-30 19:07:25  
QUESTIONING THE EGGS IS LIKE QUESTIONING THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE!

OR THE BOWL OF WATER FRODO LOOKS INTO IN LOTHLORIEN!!!
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-30 19:13:16  
Jiko said:
QQ moar.

I agree with that. I play DNC and SMN. I know they're not "awesome jobs". They're really fun and nice for certain situations, perhaps not as nice as other jobs but that doesn't cause me to like them any less, or not try to do my very best. Besides, if I want to be useful I have BRD for that.

Edit: If you're going to use "bad" jobs you should at least try to gear them right so that they're less useless. I've seen to many DNCs TP in their AF bodies, etc.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-30 19:16:30  
I like pup, I know a few pups on my ls and they enjoy it. I duo'd with a pup/dnc with whm frame when I was leveling war around level 60-65. The whole time neither one of us died and were getting chain 5's from just us 2 on colibri. So I don't consider them as lolpups at all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-30 19:17:54  
Lol smn is not not an awesome job
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-30 19:19:55  
Dasva said:
Lol smn is not not an awesome job

I said that <_<
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-30 19:24:27  
Ninian said:
I said that <_<

Notice the double negatives in his statement.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-30 19:24:43  
Jiko said:
QQ moar.

I have no problem with someone playing a job they like and have fun on. It's just when they say "pup can out dd this and be better than that" when its pretty untrue, I'm going to put in my two cents. I'm not saying they can't have fun but doesn't mean I'm a just sit here and say ok when they say pup can out dd sam w/ rng frame on birds!
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-30 19:29:17  
Enternius said:
Ninian said:
I said that <_<

Notice the double negatives in his statement.

Shhhhhh I didn't pass reading comprehension in 4th grade. /nod.
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-09-30 19:58:03  
User submitted image

If you could control them: Best. Job. Ever.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kryptik
サーバ: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-09-30 20:13:22
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Wow lol I came back from eating to see all of this 2 pages of convo......@Chaosx KRYSTEN is not all that of a good Pup..... I can honestly say I'm not a loPup I'm more of a omfgPup when it comes to the Blm frame ....On Leviathan there are only really 5 Pup that have took the lol away from there job.... shout out to Ereskigal,Chiahuahu(sorry if I spelled that wrong) Auraeon, Krysten, and ME !!!!! XD
P.s if your not a omfgBlm you won't out nuke Gadget in a merit party or on Higher Level Mobs
 Leviathan.Kryptik
サーバ: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-09-30 20:15:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

And for people who play Pup Stop giving the real ones Bad names Sheeesh
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-09-30 20:15:59