Why does everyone hate on Pup
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-30 20:34:19  
Kryptik said:
Wow lol I came back from eating to see all of this 2 pages of convo......@Chaosx KRYSTEN is not all that of a good Pup..... I can honestly say I'm not a loPup I'm more of a omfgPup when it comes to the Blm frame ....On Leviathan there are only really 5 Pup that have took the lol away from there job.... shout out to Ereskigal,Chiahuahu(sorry if I spelled that wrong) Auraeon, Krysten, and ME !!!!! XD
P.s if your not a omfgBlm you won't out nuke Gadget in a merit party or on Higher Level Mobs

I never duo'd with you the whole room in Qulun Dome to know if you were good or not, lol! Dynamis is different then going out and clearing the Qulun Dome over and over again for fun.

But after seeing her pup I was definitely impressed. I always thought lolpup until that day, then I was like omfgKrysten'sPUP!
 Hades.Rictor
サーバ: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2009-09-30 20:38:16  
I've ptd with a couple lolpups and they really do knock out some killer damage. I just lol @ the job because it looks silly and the automatons are creepy. There's no merit to the lol, but it's a lol for loling's sake and contributes to the overall lol of the lolffxi experience. lol.
 Leviathan.Kryptik
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-09-30 20:44:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Well at least now I noe ...most people lol Jobs they don't even get passed 50 therfore having no experience with it ..... @ Chaosx when I get back on I wudnt mind duoing with you in there or if yuh wanna get a Thf we can go trio Terror Shield NM not to get to far off topic how do you get on Most Viewed Character
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-09-30 20:52:17  
THE EGGS HAVE THE POWER TO SHAPE YOUR DESTINY O_O
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-30 20:56:57  
Sagittario said:
THE EGGS HAVE THE POWER TO SHAPE YOUR DESTINY O_O
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-30 20:57:26  
Kryptik said:
Well at least now I noe ...most people lol Jobs they don't even get passed 50 therfore having no experience with it ..... @ Chaosx when I get back on I wudnt mind duoing with you in there or if yuh wanna get a Thf we can go trio Terror Shield NM not to get to far off topic how do you get on Most Viewed Character

I'm down for that! :D
 Ragnarok.Titox
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-09-30 21:14:05  

too bad charley is not playing anymore busy with rl =/ her pup skill was awesome...even solo an ENM as pup lol
 Seraph.Gael
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-10-01 02:11:56  
I don't understand people... when you see a blm geared like a GS, noone will say that blm sucks, same sam or any job...you will say it's only the player.

To have all attchment, you have to pay 6M (and this is just the auto's gear, i dont count master), and there is no way to resell something after. How many of you got 6M of gear lev 1 or lev 75 ? not many...

I will not going to say pup > all even if i love it, but it can be a really decent DD

An other thing that i saw in this topic was "if we need ranged att, we take a rng, if we need nuke we take a blm, ..."
You are stupid. In fact, when (good) sam will do a meripo on bird, they took a polearm. Why ? to adapt their dmg to the weakness of the mob (I took sam and birds but its the same for all jobs/mobs). You all know that, so why you can't think with pup ? the true is that pup can adapt his dmg type to all weakness without have a penality on his weapon (still A or A+ in all frame)
 Ramuh.Guffy
user: Guffy
By Ramuh.Guffy 2009-10-01 02:27:49  
I think one of the biggest reasons why people tend to lolpup is because to be a good pup you have to put a lot of time and gear and such into the job and not many people actually do that. But to be a good sam or war or whm or rdm, it doesn't take all that time and dedication, so when people see noob PUPs it really stands out compared to when you see noob other jobs. Sometimes I've needed a bard so bad I didn't care if they showed up freaking naked, espcially if they were a mithra or F Hume.
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-01 02:30:47  
Haseyo said:
Would you choose a Pup with a Whm frame over a Whm?

Serious answer? If the mob has no AoE... hell yea! I healed merit pt's effectively and noone ever died (also did it with BLU). Until WHM is a one-standing healing machine that doesnt need refresh from outside ("oh Segaia but they have /SCH!!!" - guess what you sub when you mainheal as PUP >.> wohoo~) there is actually no reason to pic a WHM before a PUP. PUP has access to over 1k MP every minute, and a constant Refresh via maneuvers, not including the effects on Economizer, Mana Converter and Mana Conserver. Once your automaton has Cure V healing becomes a piece of cake. In endgame... I agree with you, tho in normal party situations PUP >>can<< exceed a WHM (even if i will cause a lot of whining because of writing this). K they got Haste which is a definite pro and can't be overlooked, but this won't help you when you're running out of mp to heal and that's what PUP has: brutal healing power.

Sure you have the global recast timer, but you know.. your /SCH, thats why you take a healing sub for the inbetween-cures. You could argue about the sleep-thing but as I said, fully merited and the right gear and you can even sleep colibris safely with using Celerity for the recast, if this still doesnt work.... gdi just PUP-stun the mob and vanish the aggro, you have the unique option to calm down any mob in the game... so goddamn use it >.>

Haseyo said:
Would you choose a Pup with a Blm frame over a Blm?

That opinion is very old and most ppl don't believe it anymore if they had a party with a PUP (Endgame aswell as normal partie/duo/whatever). I took PUP to HNMs, sky, dynamis, nyzul and whatnot and the longer the fight the more will an outmerited PUP get closer to a BLMs overall-damage and then easily exceed it, period.

Tranquilizer, Loudspeaker II and Ice Maker - you can spam ice Maneuver nowadays with buffoon's collar and the AF hands and Condenser will prevent overloads 95% of the time (the 5 % is the overload when you're spamming to fast and overload on the water maneuver itself) resulting in max nukes.

You know, PUP has by far enough power to nuke HNMs like BLMs do. Depending on what BLM your comparing (high-end or normal) you can argue about resist rates (which don't accur that often anyway), but that's all. BLM can spam their nukes your right, but PUPs don't have to rest and waste time and dmg-potential, so while your resting we keep on nuking and leave you thinking your 4 spikes is better than permanent nuking with a bit lower dmg.

Haseyo said:
Would you choose a Pup with a Rng frame over a Rng?

/agree. Could write stuff here but this is just true.

At all, ppl have even no idea about the unique aggro relationship between the master and his automaton. There is so much you can do with it. PUP-Stun, hate-switch via Ventriloguy and dynamis-pulls without sacrificing. But ppl wanna stay dumb and make their life harder than it is, go ahead! There are enough clever leaders around there that know the new jobs that are actually old and use them the right way.

I formulated that all a bit drastically so please excuse me for being a bit rude, i'm just pointing out the obvious egoism of ppl that have never played the job and think they got the messias of knowledge. It is with any other job, the more you put in the more you get, period. I admit on PUP this is rather hard, because the equip is not easy to get and takes time and effort, but this isn't different from any other job.

PS.: I'm not offending the guy I quoted to, your questions were just best to do so, pls don't take it personal.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 03:46:02  
Segaia said:
Haseyo said:
Would you choose a Pup with a Whm frame over a Whm?

Serious answer? If the mob has no AoE... hell yea! I healed merit pt's effectively and noone ever died (also did it with BLU). Until WHM is a one-standing healing machine that doesnt need refresh from outside ("oh Segaia but they have /SCH!!!" - guess what you sub when you mainheal as PUP >.> wohoo~) there is actually no reason to pic a WHM before a PUP. PUP has access to over 1k MP every minute, and a constant Refresh via maneuvers, not including the effects on Economizer, Mana Converter and Mana Conserver. Once your automaton has Cure V healing becomes a piece of cake. In endgame... I agree with you, tho in normal party situations PUP >>can<< exceed a WHM (even if i will cause a lot of whining because of writing this). K they got Haste which is a definite pro and can't be overlooked, but this won't help you when you're running out of mp to heal and that's what PUP has: brutal healing power.

Sure you have the global recast timer, but you know.. your /SCH, thats why you take a healing sub for the inbetween-cures. You could argue about the sleep-thing but as I said, fully merited and the right gear and you can even sleep colibris safely with using Celerity for the recast, if this still doesnt work.... gdi just PUP-stun the mob and vanish the aggro, you have the unique option to calm down any mob in the game... so goddamn use it >.>

Haseyo said:
Would you choose a Pup with a Blm frame over a Blm?

That opinion is very old and most ppl don't believe it anymore if they had a party with a PUP (Endgame aswell as normal partie/duo/whatever). I took PUP to HNMs, sky, dynamis, nyzul and whatnot and the longer the fight the more will an outmerited PUP get closer to a BLMs overall-damage and then easily exceed it, period.

Tranquilizer, Loudspeaker II and Ice Maker - you can spam ice Maneuver nowadays with buffoon's collar and the AF hands and Condenser will prevent overloads 95% of the time (the 5 % is the overload when you're spamming to fast and overload on the water maneuver itself) resulting in max nukes.

You know, PUP has by far enough power to nuke HNMs like BLMs do. Depending on what BLM your comparing (high-end or normal) you can argue about resist rates (which don't accur that often anyway), but that's all. BLM can spam their nukes your right, but PUPs don't have to rest and waste time and dmg-potential, so while your resting we keep on nuking and leave you thinking your 4 spikes is better than permanent nuking with a bit lower dmg.

Haseyo said:
Would you choose a Pup with a Rng frame over a Rng?

/agree. Could write stuff here but this is just true.

At all, ppl have even no idea about the unique aggro relationship between the master and his automaton. There is so much you can do with it. PUP-Stun, hate-switch via Ventriloguy and dynamis-pulls without sacrificing. But ppl wanna stay dumb and make their life harder than it is, go ahead! There are enough clever leaders around there that know the new jobs that are actually old and use them the right way.

I formulated that all a bit drastically so please excuse me for being a bit rude, i'm just pointing out the obvious egoism of ppl that have never played the job and think they got the messias of knowledge. It is with any other job, the more you put in the more you get, period. I admit on PUP this is rather hard, because the equip is not easy to get and takes time and effort, but this isn't different from any other job.

PS.: I'm not offending the guy I quoted to, your questions were just best to do so, pls don't take it personal.

omg shutup
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 03:50:37  
dont you lolpuppers see that the term lolpup is used to wind you up because you take your lolpupping so srsly, for some reason you defend it like we are being racist of calling you fat.

User submitted image

D O N O T Q U E S T I O N T H E E G G S
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-01 03:59:21  
You guys remember when i talked about stuck up players/leader that only play one job and think they got the messias of knowledge?

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1405726#forum

we got our first candidate. Tbh i dont care about your opinion about PUP.. currently i am more confused about the fact that you added yourself to your own friendlist lol. xD
 Leviathan.Kryptik
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-10-01 04:17:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Idk point blank Pup has it usefulness and for all the people who hate on it are just stupid and have no knowledge of the job
Ex. I go to Nyzul as Pup most people feel that sam is the best for it now if we go Samx3 Pup Whm Rdm and we end up getting a ***load of Flans then I wud like to see Sam just adapt to that situation...... I'm not giving ***to sams just saying that Pup is more versatile then any job on this game without having to change its sub.... and so why I will continue to pimp out my Pup and show that this job is as useful as any other job
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-10-01 04:40:08  
Pup is just as capeable as any other job people just get to attatched to one job a an start of get offended when not allowed to play the job of their choosing in events. The whole (lol) thing applies to any job bottom line (just check the merit/gear of the people replying (lol))
 Fairy.Rikhu
サーバ: Fairy
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-10-01 04:41:44  
Vegetto said:

I have no problem with someone playing a job they like and have fun on. It's just when they say "pup can out dd this and be better than that" when its pretty untrue, I'm going to put in my two cents. I'm not saying they can't have fun but doesn't mean I'm a just sit here and say ok when they say pup can out dd sam w/ rng frame on birds!

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=130658

how about this? Veggeto has full set of usukane, lv 75 sam and pup. and i think he is very veteran player on Fairy :p
 Shiva.Easygermany
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Easygermany 2009-10-01 04:44:28  

The focus is on Puppet and not on the player... People in partys see only the Master DMG with c rate on H2H. Many ppl enjoy to play this job and spend alot of gil for Attachments and loose the fun Quickly when they read " PUP no thanks what for other jobs u have...."

The People who say "LOLPUP" cant really good mathematics.
Master Hit points + Puppet Hit points = Puppetmaster Job DMG.

OK thats my option about my fun job.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 06:07:52  
Easygermany said:

lolpups cannot structure a sentence either
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-01 06:11:50  
Sagittario said:
Easygermany said:

lolpups cannot structure a sentence either

I lol'd at this. Sounds like a bushism
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-01 06:28:33  
Kryptik said:
Well at least now I noe ...most people lol Jobs they don't even get passed 50 therfore having no experience with it .....

You don't have to play a job to know how it works or what it's like, you know.

Sagittario said:
dont you lolpuppers see that the term lolpup is used to wind you up because you take your lolpupping so srsly, for some reason you defend it like we are being racist of calling you fat.

That's the bottom line really. At least, for most people. There might be some people who really think PUP is 'lol' but the majority of people say it for the giggles.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-01 06:34:35  
Seriously its not as lol as loldrg used to be
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-01 06:42:42  
Dasva said:
Seriously its not as lol as loldrg used to be

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ etc
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-01 07:01:30  
Segaia said:
You guys remember when i talked about stuck up players/leader that only play one job and think they got the messias of knowledge?

Sagittario wins because he's not a PUP.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 07:24:29  
Segaia said:

I only play one job... um do you know what the numbers next to the job names mean, or can lolpups not count either?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-01 07:26:46  
Segaia said:

we got our first candidate. Tbh i dont care about your opinion about PUP.. currently i am more confused about the fact that you added yourself to your own friendlist lol. xD

He's still entitled to his opinion even with 1 job or 20. Just because you don't like his opinion it doesn't make him stuck up, lol. I'd go so far as to say it makes you the stuck up one for getting so worked up over somebody else's opinion.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-01 07:33:22  
Besides, even if it was true that only people who play one job say "Lolpup", then explain to me what I'm doing with 9 75s, and 11 jobs above 65, still saying PUP sucks.

Whether it be a completely new player or someone who has Maat's Cap on 3 characters, EVERYONE knows PUP is not worth playing.

Lol. This is fun.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-01 07:35:44  
Enternius said:
Besides, even if it was true that only people who play one job say "Lolpup", then explain to me what I'm doing with 9 75s, and 11 jobs above 65, still saying PUP sucks.

Whether it be a completely new player or someone who has Maat's Cap on 3 characters, EVERYONE knows PUP is not worth playing.

Lol. This is fun.

Well, you have to remember, it's not possible to not unlock the job and have any knowledge of it!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 07:42:17  
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=12136

WIN
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-01 07:46:21  
No u
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-10-01 08:56:18  
The main reason I decided to level pup as my second 75 was because rdm was boring as hell and I wanted a job that looked like a challenge, looked different, and looked fun. So I flipped a coin between bst and pup and chose pup. Corsair looked fun too, but I wanted a job that could solo well, too.

Any retard can play a do-nothing job like drk or sam. The only thing they do is stand there and swing, and half of them can't even do that properly(using Souleater to start a fight and then bitching that the tank lost hate, for example). It was boring enough getting rdm to 75 being a haste/refresh ***, so I honestly don't know how anyone could stand doing one of those. There's no variety at all.
[+]