users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Why does everyone hate on Pup
Why does everyone hate on Pup
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-01 08:57:51  
people hate what they don't understand. As a PUP51, I've been understanding the mechanics of how PUP worked. Sure we're not highly skilled in H2H or whatever, but we make due. Of course, a properly fixed automaton can do more damage than any DD out there.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 09:03:52  
Sketchkat said:
Any retard can play a do-nothing job like drk or sam. The only thing they do is stand there and swing, and half of them can't even do that properly(using Souleater to start a fight and then bitching that the tank lost hate, for example).

Wrong, a quality DRK and/or SAM is an very versatile fighter. Do nothing job? hmm ok last night in dynamis I spent as much time tanking with spikes/seigan as the PLD because my WS damage was so high. I think thats a hell of a lot more than your a lolpup can do in dynamis. oh wait there useless.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-01 09:05:11  
Sketchkat said:
The main reason I decided to level pup as my second 75 was because rdm was boring as hell and I wanted a job that looked like a challenge, looked different, and looked fun. So I flipped a coin between bst and pup and chose pup. Corsair looked fun too, but I wanted a job that could solo well, too.

Any retard can play a do-nothing job like drk or sam. The only thing they do is stand there and swing, and half of them can't even do that properly(using Souleater to start a fight and then bitching that the tank lost hate, for example). It was boring enough getting rdm to 75 being a haste/refresh ***, so I honestly don't know how anyone could stand doing one of those. There's no variety at all.

This is why I chose DRG to be my next 75. I still loldrg cause it's not difficult to rape most mobs. Make it a duo and life is peachy.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 09:05:36  
Kungfuhustle said:
Of course, a properly fixed automaton can do more damage than any DD out there.

LMFAOROFLLOLPMSLMEGALOL
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-10-01 09:06:48  
Sagittario said:

last night in dynamis I spent as much time tanking with spikes/seigan as the PLD

Now THAT is a lol. Do you know what keeps you alive as a drk? It's not your drk tanking skills. It's the 5 white mages cure bombing your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** when you last resort/souleater over a pld to try and make people notice you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 09:12:12  
no its timing the weapon skills correctly so that I can go from shadows to dread spikes and back to shadows again without losing any HP, and if the mobs gets a weapon skill on me without getting stun or bash laid on it first then a quick double drain will put me into +hp.

I know what you mean though i've seen plenty plenty plenty of what you describe.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-01 09:12:51  
Sagittario said:
Sketchkat said:
Any retard can play a do-nothing job like drk or sam. The only thing they do is stand there and swing, and half of them can't even do that properly(using Souleater to start a fight and then bitching that the tank lost hate, for example).

Wrong, a quality DRK and/or SAM is an very versatile fighter. Do nothing job? hmm ok last night in dynamis I spent as much time tanking with spikes/seigan as the PLD because my WS damage was so high. I think thats a hell of a lot more than your a lolpup can do in dynamis. oh wait there useless.

Are you a idiot?
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 09:24:14  
Eagleeyes said:
Sagittario said:
Sketchkat said:

Are you a idiot?

*an

Are you a giant octopus?
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-01 10:01:19  
Sketchkat said:

No, I disagree. The glass is actually half full, not half empty. And lol, giant octopus.
 Leviathan.Kryptik
サーバ: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-10-01 10:01:55
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

@Sagitarrio Yuh might wanna restate that comment yuh said abt Pup being useless since I'm almost one hitting Statues and easily soloing them by myself
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-10-01 10:14:12  
Until SE releases more jobs, PUP will forever be lol. DRGs got the "lol" treatment, and SMNs still get the "lol" treatment. If you don't want to be laughed at, go play another job. If you don't care about getting laughed at, then stick with it. Just don't be surprised if you're passed up on just about everything because a majority of the PUPs before you *** up their job and gave you a bad name.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-01 10:17:45  
Katarzyna said:
Until SE releases more jobs, PUP will forever be lol. DRGs got the "lol" treatment, and SMNs still get the "lol" treatment. If you don't want to be laughed at, go play another job. If you don't care about getting laughed at, then stick with it. Just don't be surprised if you're passed up on just about everything because a majority of the PUPs before you *** up their job and gave you a bad name.

BST will forever hold the loltreatment as well, but you don't seem me Q_Q ing over it.
 Leviathan.Kryptik
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-10-01 10:19:55

That is true Katar reason imma never stop playing this job until I change the majority of the people on Levi's ideas of Pup
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-01 10:42:00  
Sagittario said:

I think thats a hell of a lot more than your a lolpup can do in dynamis.

Are you an idiot?
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-01 10:42:57  
There's an echo in here...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-01 10:44:15  
Segaia said:
Sagittario said:

I think thats a hell of a lot more than your a lolpup can do in dynamis.

Are you an idiot?

No, he's just not a lolpup.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-01 10:49:25  
Hypnotizd said:
No, he's just not a lolpup.

Lmao
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-01 10:50:29  
*yawn*
 Leviathan.Kryptik
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-10-01 10:54:00

Lol....
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-10-01 11:00:29  
people can say what they want about pup being lol or whatever, but pup is versatile & most of all it the most fun job to play ever, end of story.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-01 11:03:24  
Funsam said:
most of all it the most fun job to play ever, end of story.

Of course it is. That's why 90% of the playerbase says "lolpup", right? Because it's that fun?
 Seraph.Gael
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-10-01 11:09:38  
Sagittario said:
Quote:
Are you a idiot?

*an

Sagittario said:

Wrong, a quality DRK and/or SAM is an very versatile fighter.

*a ;)

------------------------------

Why guys, are you continue to argue with a man who is only here to troll without know anything about complex job like pup ?

Quote:
I spent as much time tanking with spikes/seigan as the PLD because my WS damage was so high. I think thats a hell of a lot more than your a lolpup can do in dynamis

Thanks to confirm you don't know, because you never saw it.

(btw it's not hard to take hate from a pld in dynamis, they dont all have a pimp gear... I am curious to know what is a "so high damage" for you, in which dyna you did it, and how many healer/buff was on you - and dont lie, with a spell like dreak spike which cost almost 80 MP, dont say me you didnt have a buffer)

@ Enternius : having 9999 jobs 75 is not a proof of skill or knowledge, just a proof of playtime. 9 job 75 you said ? and less 200 merit ? /clap
(btw Combat Skills can only have 20 pts, not 24...)

And i count between 15 and 50 pup 75 per server (players who show jobs on FFxiAH), so who is "EVERYONE" ? Some guys who like you talk about thing they don't know ?
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-01 11:17:16  
Wooooodum said:
Funsam said:
most of all it the most fun job to play ever, end of story.

Of course it is. That's why 90% of the playerbase says "lolpup", right? Because it's that fun?

It's fun because there's never a moment without verbal action as the job.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-01 11:17:24  
Onoez, I just got told by a lolpup. And for that matter, a lolpup who speaks broken English.

There. I updated my merits just for you.

For the people saying "Your PUP is only LV4, wtf would you know about it?", I know enough to not waste my time on such a failure of a job. k?
[+]
 Seraph.Gael
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-10-01 11:24:47  
So with a pup lev 4, what are you doing in pup forum ?

thanks again to show us you dont know the job and talk on it as if you know it.

and about your merits, its easy now to add anything, only you can see it.

And about my english, maybe "broken" i admit it, it seems you understood all i said, i guess it was the essential ;)
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-01 11:43:11  
Kryptik said:
@Sagitarrio Yuh might wanna restate that comment yuh said abt Pup being useless since I'm almost one hitting Statues and easily soloing them by myself

lol so you are telling me that your lolpuppetry is able to solo a mob with high phys.atk resistance that requires a time nuke from mages...
riiiiight
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-01 11:43:48  
LOLPUP! All that has been said about pup so far is that is can solo just about everything. Congrats!

Can anyone explain how it can hang with the heavy hitters? Don't bring up the "I can out damage any DD". Bring some DoT stats that are comparible to those jobs.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-01 11:53:44  
Okay. Time for a positive post.

Two things PUP can do fairly well on:

-Kited fights (Kirin, etc)
-Soloing Diabolos.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-01 11:57:27  
Enternius said:
Okay. Time for a positive post.

Two things PUP can do fairly well on:

-Kited fights (Kirin, etc)
-Soloing Diabolos.

So if they can do fairly well on 2 specific things, then they don't do fairly well on 99% of the game content.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-01 12:00:37  
I LIKE COOKIES!
[+]