Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 133 134 135
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-20 16:50:05  
Great, another vaguely defined term that can be rampantly misused.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-09-20 16:55:12  
Zerowone said: »
Ex: people who rant about “Progressive Globalists” really mean the (((Jews))).

pffft we love jews, they pay cash and buy the most expensive military harwdware faster than we can build it.

libs are the anti israel ones... with all that /nasal voice palestinians need they're own state bull crap...there's plenty of desert out near libya we can move them and all their rubble to
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-20 17:24:28  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

pffft we love jews, they pay cash and buy the most expensive military harwdware faster than we can build it.

libs are the anti israel ones... with all that /nasal voice palestinians need they're own state bull crap...there's plenty of desert out near libya we can move them and all their rubble to
Can’t forget about the “ladies of the IDF” (worth a google esp if your name is Fone).
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-20 17:26:11  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Gundam Wing is one of the few animes I could stand to watch for an entire series. Not that it was flawless or anything, but it wasn't prone to a lot of the irritating anime tropes that I was used to seeing.

never really watched Gundam, or much anime for that matter. unapologetically loved DBZ and Naruto growin up tho- trope as ***

[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-20 17:37:47  
/nasal voice

Yubby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dum!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-20 18:32:18  
Dog whistle politics...

In the north east anti integrationists, and yes, there were anti integrationists in the NE, used the term "forced busing" to fight integration because it sounded a lot better than I don't want my kids sitting next to your kids.

The Nixon campaign picked the phrase up. It was powerful with some people and meh to most.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-20 22:05:39  
The Plot to Subvert an Election
Unraveling the Russia Story So Far
For two years, Americans have tried to absorb the details of the 2016 attack — hacked emails, social media fraud, suspected spies — and President Trump’s claims that it’s all a hoax. The Times explores what we know and what it means.

N Y Times

Deep and long.

No, even deeper and longer than that.
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-09-21 00:13:21  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
Is the figure of speech a "dog whistle" because only other racist can hear it? So... like, if the racist had hearing that can only be heard using a whistle that only they can hear then whatever the message would be, is only audible to them? wouldn't "hidden message" or something be easier to understand if this is the meaning? seems kind of convoluted and confusing. I had to seriously overthink this to figure out how it could possibly be contextually relevant to racism.

Dog whistle politics:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics
wow, so i was pretty right on with my deductive reasoning here.
the link just describes it more eloquently than i did.
By Nausi 2018-09-21 06:27:03  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Dog whistle
Sounds like transcending racism insult, like speciesist! OMG!

Ya ya I know that definition isn't what it means at all and has lots of well rooted history of not being "speciesist", but since we can change the definition of what we are offended by or what we oppose, lets throw dog whistle to that!

It's insulting to say someone heard a dog whistle! You're calling them a dog! That's a hate crime! HATE!!!! /blows rape whistle

Yes but “dog whistle” is the intent to codify meanings into words so that the actual targets don’t pick up on the meaning; and if they do we can just play it off that we’re just talking about the surface definition.

except they dont mean “the jews” they mean progressive globalists.

Its just another way the left have found to justify calling rheir opponents racist/sexist etc. to insist that there is a covert meaning to everything that reinforces their agenda. “Well he might not say that, but he secretly means it”.

It all ties back to the idea of a social construct, or to the post modernist idea that there is no objective truth/reality. If enough people say “progressive globalist means anti semitism” then it will somehow magically become so.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-21 06:39:23  
When people talk about states rights they don’t talk about segregation, they talk about the differences between localized law and centralized law and the inherent differences between the two systems.

But if you’re a progressive leftist who loves centralized government, and you can’t refute the arguments against it, you insist that people who advocate for it are really just secretly advocating for racism. It permits you to to exercise sophistry and refocus the argument away from your opponents point without having to adress it directly or at all.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-21 06:40:46  
So now the accurer want kav to testify to her allegations before she even makes them.

Thats not how justice works. People have the roght to face their accusers and to face their accusations.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-21 08:30:45  
Time to add "Justice", "Due Process", and "Presumption of Innocence" to the list of sexist dog whistles!
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-21 08:53:06  
I like how you guys pretend you aren’t what you are when called out on it. You guys should give up gaslighting if you want actual dialogue.

I also like how you guys talk about “statutes of limitations” apply in the case of Kavanaugh after the three of you were all about Bill Cosby being brought to justice for his actions in the 80s.
By Nausi 2018-09-21 09:01:12  
I like how you guys pretend you aren’t what you are when called out on it. You guys should give up gaslighting if you want actual dialogue.

I also like how you guys talk about “statutes of limitations” apply in the case of Kavanaugh after the three of you were all about Bill Cosby being brought to justice for his actions in the 80s.
Aren’t what? What are we again?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-09-21 09:13:41  
you guys

Cerberus.The Prophet Pleebonius said: »
Or you can just drop the moronic tribalism

I like how you guys pretend you aren’t what you are when called out on it

I love how you think your opinion of other people matters to them or anyone else.... Please never stop being a self righteous arrogant dipshit. We wouldn't be able to recognize you if dropped the holier than thou moral superiority act.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-09-21 09:14:05  
Nausi said: »

Aren’t what? What are we again?

[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-21 09:19:30  

I objected to Bill Cosby as well. I do not care what political party you are affiliated with this waiting 30 years or so to make a claim is *** and they should all be thrown out. How are you going to make someone defend a allegation from 35+ years ago? ***I am 43 and I can barley remember 5 years ago. It's impossible to defend against "well there was witnesses but I do not know who or there was never any report and I cannot remember date. Just like this story from CNN I posted the other day her witness states it happened during school year as quoted by CNN but victim claims it was during summer when school was not in session. Then there is this little gem that either no one picked up on or plain just ignored: "On Twitter, King added that she had removed her statement from Facebook because “it served its purpose."

I am not saying he did or didn't do anything but nobody's story adds up here. Her witnesses are conflicting stories, the people she claims were there say they weren't, she can't remember ***about the assault. This is all to fishy.

I think after statue of limitations is up your ***out of luck on bringing it up REGARDLESS of political party. At this point all these different allegations have been nothing more than smear campaigns.

Odin.Slore said: »
One must collaborate lies before telling them.

Quote:
A former classmate of Ford's also came forward on Wednesday to say that she remembers hearing about the alleged assault, but added that she has no first-hand information to corroborate the allegations. Writing in a Facebook post that has since been deleted, Cristina Miranda King wrote that “This incident did happen. ... Many of us heard about it in school and Christine’s recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true.”

That account drew widespread skepticism, primarily because Ford had said the alleged incident happened in the summer -- when school was out of session.

On Twitter, King added that she had removed her statement from Facebook because “it served its purpose.

And the statement by the guy she said was there:

Quote:
"I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as 'PJ' who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post," Smyth, who graduated the same year as Kavanaugh from Georgetown Prep in North Bethesda, Maryland, said in the letter that was obtained by CNN. "I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh."
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-21 09:36:24  
I love how you think your opinion of other people matters to them or anyone else.... Please never stop being a self righteous arrogant dipshit. We wouldn't be able to recognize you if dropped the holier than thou moral superiority act.

I don’t care what you or anyone on this site thinks of me Nik. You’re wasting time with that ***.
By Nausi 2018-09-21 09:39:22  
The left is literally on its last leg. Because they have no power they are grasping for whatever influence they can assert.

In this case they are trying to excert political power to personally destroy a judicial nomination over an alleged event to which there is no corroborating evidence.
By Nausi 2018-09-21 09:42:26  
FBI had two seperate sets of evidence in their FISA application, one for the court and anoher different one for themselves.
By Nausi 2018-09-21 09:43:25  
Jobless claims are at a record low
Stocks are at a record high

Why would anyone want democrats in control? They voted against all this and have tried to destroy it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-21 09:45:44  
Looks like Trump just couldn't keep his mouth shut, a day after bragging about the positive coverage he has gotten for his response to the allegations, he goes on a full out assault that started last night and continues this morning. Idiot.
By Nausi 2018-09-21 09:47:39  
See vic here is trying to equate “asking for a police report” to “assault”.

This is the real dog whistle
This is the real covert intention.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2018-09-21 09:51:28  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Viciouss said: »
Looks like Trump just couldn't keep his mouth shut, a day after bragging about the positive coverage he has gotten for his response to the allegations, he goes on a full out assault that started last night and continues this morning. Idiot.

The way he was handling the situation was pretty amazing. I guess he got pissed when he noticed there was more coverage about the victim than himself.

To think, we were celebrating 2 days of Trump behaving. I'm sure it was brutal for him.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-21 09:53:20  

Two things. One, you're making stuff up. We weren't "all about" anything having to do with Cosby. Two, Cosby wasn't "brought to justice" for anything that was beyond the statute of limitations, nor should he have been. The statutes are usually there for a good reason.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-21 09:53:49  
Hahaha I love so much salt in the morning.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2018-09-21 09:57:52  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi said: »
Hahaha I love so much salt in the morning.

Careful with high blood pressure and kidney stones.
Oh cmon thats a myth, just like eggs give you high cholesterol.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-09-21 10:01:24  
You’re wasting time

duh and/or hello
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 133 134 135