That Impeachment Thing....

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 60 61 62

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-01-23 20:25:52  
I don't give a ***what you belief you are wrong because you are British.

Until you are American your posts are invalid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-23 20:26:02  
At this point I'm just sitting back and watching the train wreck. It's amusing at first, but it does get old quickly. Kind of like the impeachment trial, judging by the huge drop in viewership.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-23 20:26:39  
This is an American issue and we don't take kindly to British interference.

Go wave to the Queen tell her I said hi !
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-23 20:33:03  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
At this point I'm just sitting back and watching the train wreck. It's amusing at first, but it does get old quickly. Kind of like the impeachment trial, judging by the huge drop in viewership.

No one is watching it well except Vic he is taking notes.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-23 20:34:05  
DirectX said: »
Saevel turned into a delusional paranoid mess.

Fonewear ruined into backpedalling and shitposting.

Ravael crying in the corner but still patting himself on the back and telling himself he's a winner.

Dannyl +1ing but has no voice or anything to contribue.

Just Kireek left who hasn't accepted they're full of ***and can't justify any of their beliefs.

If you hate it so much here why do you keep coming back for more ?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-01-23 20:35:18  
This is like CJ level of stupidity and I'm pretty sure he is in Arkham Asylum with the Joker.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-23 20:36:08  
It's like we are in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in group therapy.

And I want my damn cigarettes !

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-01-23 20:37:01  
fonewear said: »
It's like we are in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in group therapy.

And I want my damn cigarettes !

What gives you the right to argue with some *** on the internet !

Give me my damn cigarettes !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-23 20:51:43  
Nothing on this page has anything to do with impeachment...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-23 20:56:04  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Well, I tried to get it back on track. Some people just get triggered way too easily and won't let go.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-01-23 20:56:40  
fonewear said: »

No one is watching it well except Vic he is taking notes.

I'm working on ranger while you are a no show on Shiva!

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-23 21:00:51  
DirectX said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Well, I tried to get it back on track. Some people just get triggered way too easily and won't let go.
You certainly do. I wouldn't call quitting after failing to save face "letting go" though.
Says the guy who is desperately trying to get the last word in with someone who is trying to actually get back to the topic. Hint: I'm not getting impeached right now, so the topic isn't me.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-23 22:46:55  
Guys, this is how threads and sections get shut down, which is the goal of those pushing the issue. Just ignore them, block them if need be. It's not worth your time and definitely not worth pulling in the likes of Rooks and friends.

Yeah the Senators are just bored right now, and them having Schiff as the prosecutor was beyond stupid. Even the Republicans, in the height of their folly when they attempted impeachment brought in an outside counselor to lead it. With Representative Schiff and Nadler standing there in the Senate insulting the Senators and going through theatrics made the whole thing look like an election campaign commercial. We had members of the lower chamber of Congress violating the rules of the upper chamber while giving testimony to that upper chamber.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2020-01-24 00:12:22  
I've been on a business trip so I haven't had a chance to read up on all the news.
What I gathered so far (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the dems are presenting their argument/case to the Senate for trial and the Republicans are expected to do theirs this Saturday? And so far the dems argument has been garbage. Is there anything new or fun things that came up so far? I heard that theres a bombshell case against impeachment that the potus defense has
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-24 00:30:21  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
kireek said: »
You are basically saying "learn to code" aren't you?

No,

We advance as a society toward better technology, because of said technology some jobs become less useful, thus people losing their jobs, but new technology also bring new jobs, those jobs pay better and corporations make more profit at the same time.

Those losing their jobs have to find a new one that fits within their skill sets, it sucks but that's how it as always been.

To some extent you're right, in the sense that markets evolve with the times and businesses need to keep up with new trends and technologies to survive. However, that is typically a natural shift driven by the free market. Where you run into problems is when the government chooses the winners and losers, forcing people out of jobs where there is still market demand. I'm not going to say that this is always wrong, but you'd better believe that there are going to be repercussions when people lose their jobs because some schmuck politicians have an agenda that they want to force upon everyone else.

I've always said that if you want green energy to become mainstream, it needs to be cheap, efficient, and readily available. The Left has been trying to push expensive and inefficient technologies and punish those who don't adapt, which has only galvanized the opposition to the point where many are against green energy on principle. What they have basically said is this:

"All these cheap energy sources you're using? They're going to kill us all! We're going to tax and regulate the crap out of you until you fix it. Some of you are going to lose your jobs, but boo hoo. Learn to code."

What they could have said is something like this:

"Hey, we're proposing an initiative that would reallocate existing funds to support R&D for new technologies that aim to surpass current energy sources by providing more energy at a lower price. As added benefits, they will be better for the environment, provide a technological edge to our country, and increase the quality of life for all citizens. While this may negatively affect existing energy industries and their employees, we will do everything in our power to ease the transition when that time comes. Until then, it's business as usual."

Libertarian-leaning folks would probably be against that because the government would still be interfering in the market, but that kind of messaging would have had a much more positive impact on the politics of alternative energy, as opposed to this doom and gloom, shove-it-in-your-face nonsense we're seeing now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-24 00:35:00  
volkom said: »
I've been on a business trip so I haven't had a chance to read up on all the news.
What I gathered so far (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the dems are presenting their argument/case to the Senate for trial and the Republicans are expected to do theirs this Saturday? And so far the dems argument has been garbage. Is there anything new or fun things that came up so far? I heard that theres a bombshell case against impeachment that the potus defense has

You didn't miss much. Dems think they hit a home run, Republicans think the Dems have the weakest impeachment case in history, and all voting thus far has been strictly party-line. The needle hasn't moved and Trump will probably be acquitted in a matter of weeks.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-24 09:27:12  
Where you run into problems is when the government chooses the winners and losers, forcing people out of jobs where there is still market demand. I'm not going to say that this is always wrong, but you'd better believe that there are going to be repercussions when people lose their jobs because some schmuck politicians have an agenda that they want to force upon everyone else.

I agree, but I still think the government has to step in at some point and accelerate the process in some areas otherwise it may not move fast enough. There are proper ways to do it, but let's take Obama and the coal industry for example, that was too harsh.

I’m okay with them accelerating the process. I’m not okay with them punishing the competition for not living up to a standard that the country as a whole isn’t ready for.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-24 09:33:25  
In before people start crying over GameStop losing their market because buying digital is destroying their market.
But what about the buggy whip manufactures?

To some extent you're right, in the sense that markets evolve with the times and businesses need to keep up with new trends and technologies to survive. However, that is typically a natural shift driven by the free market. Where you run into problems is when the government chooses the winners and losers, forcing people out of jobs where there is still market demand....
We could stop subsidizing fossil fuels and THEN let the market decide...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 60 61 62