Velkk Ambuscade V1
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-03-10 15:00:27  
Cerberus.Hideka said: »

HMMMMMMMMM good point.

Yeah, we had the same thought about RDM and croc...until we remembered that. It was almost beautiful!
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-10 15:02:21  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »

HMMMMMMMMM good point.

Yeah, we had the same thought about RDM and croc...until we remembered that. It was almost beautiful!

i still think rdm will do really well in here, from what i see they can all be debuffed normally. a good Saboteur sleep 2 and such should make the tanks life mountains easier. plus things like bio III, blind, and other debuffs will likely cut down on the AOE
By SimonSes 2020-03-10 15:03:18  

HMMMMMMMMM good point.

i still think rdm will do really well in here, from what i see they can all be debuffed normally. a good Saboteur sleep 2 and such should make the tanks life mountains easier. plus things like bio III, blind, and other debuffs will likely cut down on the AOE

There is already video on YT (Kaggra) soloing D on RDM.
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-03-10 15:04:35  

HMMMMMMMMM good point.

I agree. Sleep2 on the adds would be ultimate. Bio3 on boss would help mitigate Croctastrophe. Distract 3 would alleviate most accuracy concerns for any melee (this is a naturally evasive gator, even with honor march and madrigal). And then everything else on top of those 3 things. Yeah RDM is good here, no doubt.
By Mrgrim 2020-03-10 18:00:30  
Did a non serious VD run yesterday for the hell of it with my mnk tanking and my rdm partner fighting it, didnt have my brd and cor DDing, sleeping adds works wonders. I think if I had my brd and cor also hitting it, you can lock it down to use only magic shield move and prevent it from using anything else.
By tyalangan 2020-03-10 18:37:04  

HMMMMMMMMM good point.

Nobody reads the OP! Posted a RDM solo D like 9 hours ago
By Mrgrim 2020-03-10 18:41:58  
Just tanked it with my mnk, took 17mins tho lmao. Time to switch to RUN and hold hate like a man P:

Edit: Our fastest with RUN RDM COR BRD WHM GEO has been 7:10 so far. Seems like the gist for this is doing fast dps w/o spiking to keep boss locked on doing Sovereign's edict. Had my RUN go full DD mode as soon as we engaged mega boss.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Galiber
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-03-10 21:34:13  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Usual monthly video based on Ejin's strat, all links in description
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 22:02:19  
I like that you still call it "the bard 2 hour". It will never not be that in my mind, even if it should be "the bard 45 minutes" ability.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 22:03:28  
The gains in meva and whm neck erase+1 have not insignificantly improved how ***-tier this one is.

It's still obscenely reliant on a """good""" WHM and/or actual use of said meva.

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I like that you still call it "the bard 2 hour". It will never not be that in my mind, even if it should be "the bard 45 minutes" ability.
The two hour will never not be "two hour" even with two of them, the other one is "the other two hour"
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-10 22:12:05  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The two hour will never not be "two hour" even with two of them, the other one is "the other two hour"

[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-03-10 23:00:32  
Everybody I know calls the old 2 hour, 2 hour still and calls the newer 1 hour, 1 hour. So that people know wtf to do correctly if your told to do it during a run spontaneously.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 01:50:53  
Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Usual monthly video based on Ejin's strat, all links in description

I think wearing meva would help you with that amneeeeeeesia :)
By Draylo 2020-03-11 02:36:42  
The gains in meva and whm neck erase+1 have not insignificantly improved how ***-tier this one is.

It's still obscenely reliant on a """good""" WHM and/or actual use of said meva.

Don't need a WHM for it, BLU baby
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-03-11 04:17:49  
What WS would you use on BRD to ensure no SC happens, nothing I can see works without a potential distortion happening, unless they are also Savage Blade spamming?
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-11 04:24:00  
Personally haven't had any problems with SCing since they do 0 damage anyway due to Edict spam.
By Mrgrim 2020-03-11 14:45:39  
^ what also he just said. One thing ppl gotta look out for is throwing 2 or more weapon skills at once. I noticed that when my cor and bard did savage and mordant at the same time, it triggered its lvl up move. Savage did 30k and mordant around 18k. So now I make sure that my brd and cor dont weapon skill at the same time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-11 20:26:57  
Did this as Monk DD. It sucked.
Did this as DRG DD. it sucked
Tanked this on Rune just fine though but it still sucked

Tldr
This freaking month is for the birds
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-11 20:43:22  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Did this as Monk DD. It sucked.
Did this as DRG DD. it sucked
Tanked this on Rune just fine though but it still sucked

Tldr
This freaking month is for the birds

This sucks to tank on. Super annoying hate reset BS.
By Draylo 2020-03-11 20:44:32  
It really isn't bad on BLU, majority of add effects land from atk down, def down, to stun. AOE erase, powerful WS in savage that won't self SC. We cleared it in 6m~8m with BRD COR BLU PLD GEO. Of course everyone gonna keep bopping their heads against the wall with the flavor of the month bandwagon DD's. So glad people got off BLU.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-11 20:47:22  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Just Foil.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-11 20:54:56  
I didn't have any issue with hate reset. No real need to spam all of your JAs at once since damage has to be tempered anyways. I was on Rune, so I just staggered all of my abilities and used them when I needed to get hate after reset. Usually it was foil, but also used battuta, liement, ofa, pflug, valiance, or warcry. I imagine paladin has a bigger issue with hate reset, but even then, the smaller monsters aren't that threatening for a few seconds.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-11 20:59:25  
Battuta's always my first JA so I don't get 4 or 5 of my buffs dispelled from the BLM's Pygmachia. Boss is usually nice about doing nothing except screaming at the ceiling, so I tend to keep all my buffs up until we start fighting the PLDs. Is nice.
By Draylo 2020-03-11 21:05:44  
Our PLD pretty much main heals with Majesty and rarely loses hate to the BLU. I'm sure a RUN is better for it though with their better damage potential.
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-03-11 21:21:19  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Usually it was foil, but also used battuta, liement, ofa, pflug, valiance, or warcry.

You're /war on run???
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-11 22:37:31  
/war /sam /drk whichever floats the boat at the time. /blu is so dead and unnecessary, don't even bother with it.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-11 23:12:42  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
Just Foil.

Yeah that’s exactly what I started doing after I learned about the hate reset. Just saved foil for every 5% and made sure not to WS near a 5% mark. The first run I did a resolution near the 5% mark, got JA/spell locked and the whm died from a 1-shot.
By Mrgrim 2020-03-11 23:20:38  
How hard is it to sleep adds as GEO anyways? You guys can sleep em like the rdm did on the video I posted. That way you can keep the adds from going after whm.
By Draylo 2020-03-12 00:43:22  
I sleep them on BLU, so I would assume a GEO has no issues.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-12 00:53:41  
On VD With close to BiS macc gear, no food and no macc related buffs I found sleep2 very unconsistant, even with frazzle1 on. Duration is small and after level up it gets even harder.

Totally sleep able but not the most reliable thing around, especially since with the 40k damage threshold u can't really kill super fast.