users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Velkk Ambuscade V1
Velkk Ambuscade V1
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2024-03-15 19:29:18  
Ranged am3 strat worked okay. I bet with two Rangers it would be faster. My setup was run whm rdm brd cor rng. Could drop the rdm or whm and take another ranger. Was just using wildfire and keeping am3 up.

Think around 8 minutes or so and was using hm min min min. Can't remember exact time but it was easy as hell.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
サーバ: Asura
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-03-16 00:46:59  
WAR WAR COR BRD WHM RDM

HM, min x 2, scherzo
Sam/tactician(can go rogues if both wars are going AM3 white dmg)
Standard RDM buffs

Blm > megaboss > last 2

Wars voke blm and boss. RDM can either single target sleep with spontaneity or if they want, can /sch and manifestation sleep2.

It was pretty straight forward and sub 4 minute clear including buffs(fastest exit was at 25:30). My brd savages were doing 29-35k. One WAR used chango and said she was mid 30k. Other WAR went calamity spam and was mid 30k. COR is the only one I've saw hit 40k+ for some reason, may have used attack food. Unsure.

I tried twashtar, wasn't worth it. And when I was on WAR on earlier runs, ragnarok/Bravura were nice aM white dmg, and mid 30k ws.

Once you're on 40k ceiling, you can put dias on. I ate sushi to be safe, vice attack food. We've also leveled it up 2-3x and been fine

Also willing to bet the RDM could heal np, and you drop the WHM for a 3rd WAR.
[+]
 Asura.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Asura.Excelior 2024-03-16 14:14:19  
I've done this with a lot of bards who just refuse to play Scherzo. As expected, every single time RNG gods kill people with Galumph doing 2-3k damage.

When asked why they don't play Scherzo they tell me it isn't necessary.

Am I missing something here?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-16 14:17:37  
It's not necessary, until it is.

Completely pointless... until, it's leveled up 10 times (not exactly 10) Then they need to switch songs, but that interfers with afk while watching youtube time, so
 Asura.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Asura.Excelior 2024-03-16 14:18:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's not necessary, until it is.

Completely pointless... until, it's leveled up 10 times (not exactly 10) Then they need to switch songs, but that interfers with afk while watching youtube time, so

Does RNG kill even well-geared players without?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-16 14:21:22  
Depending how many level ups, you can still get wrecked, yes
By Nariont 2024-03-16 14:30:09  
Dont level it up more than you need to, i.e dont go ham on ws', have hybrid sets(or just a bit of mdt since shell v does most of the work) and barstone+shell. If all that is occuring and youre still getting wiped by it then yeah brd needs to put scherzo up i guess.
By Beau 2024-03-19 05:35:11  
Is the 40k ws ceiling after killing one add (the BLM) PER PLAYER or per group's attack round if all WS simulataneously?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-03-19 07:03:49  
Quote:
Ranged am3 strat worked okay. I bet with two Rangers it would be faster. My setup was run whm rdm brd cor rng. Could drop the rdm or whm and take another ranger. Was just using wildfire and keeping am3 up.

I tried this last night with gandiva and I can attest it works really well. Jishnu's and sidewinder both hit for under 40k and Gandiva's white damage pushes a lot of value. The biggest setback to this strategy is all the binds. You can't hover shot effectively because you get bound so often, so unless your white mage is on the ball with erases you either need tons of panaceas or to just accept that your hover shot stacks are going to get reset frequently. My whm was pretty good about it last night though. We've actually had quite a few ambuscades recently where ranger strategies excel.
[+]