言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Velkk Ambuscade V1
Velkk Ambuscade V1
By Ruaumoko 2020-03-12 00:58:59  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
This sucks to tank on. Super annoying hate reset BS.
Just Foil.
Majesty Cure on PLD will get them back instantly as well.
[+]
 Shiva.Dayone
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-12 13:39:53  
I know this has been said in bits and pieces but here’s what we used.

RUN/BLU, DD, COR, GEO, BRD, WHM

Kill BLM first, can silence but it dies pretty fast and not sure it would get a chance to cast death (only thing dangerous), we didn’t silence in the night of runs and it died within 10 seconds of engaging.

GEO: GEO-Wilt, Indi-Frail, Entrust Fury. (Can do WILT, Barrier, Frail if DD with the previous set can’t edict lock)

BRD: Honor/Victory/Scherzo/Mad

WHM: Barfire (barearth better?), Baramesia

RUN: used Flabrax2 Tenebraex1 (for MP or could get a ballad/refresh) and gathered them all and had macros ready for de-equip main weapon. Note: it sometimes encumbered Main and Sub slots, but only for a minute. Croctastrophe is dangerous if you’re relying on Epeo to keep you alive. Adds hit for 0s or minimal dmg while phalanx is up. The other thing to keep in mind is that your DD will be trying to keep it locked spamming Sov. Edict, which is a hate reset. So the faster your DD go, the more mindful of your timers you have to be. I found that with JAs, Foil and Sheep song, i would always have one up after hate reset. Rua’s comment about majesty C4 looks perfect as well (just a pretty big MP sink so have ballads/refresh)
Re: DMG potential PLD,RUN/BLU.. since there’s a dmg threshold, a competent DD should be able to hit that solo or with a COR, so adding DMG from the tank is good as a supplement but isn’t straight up reducing the fight timer.

DD and COR: Sam/Chaos (Gallants could be good?). We know that after the BLM dies it takes a bit more dmg before level up. What we don’t exactly know is how much dmg/time will trigger. What I (and Grim) found was that it seemed to be around 3-5 seconds (more likely it decays at some interval). So alternating two WSs that don’t SC works, we were alternating savage blade for 30-40k (WAR) and 20-30k (COR), each 40k was around 2-3% of it’s life so edict locking is pretty easy. One DD and a rolls only COR could probably work too if the DD can push out 40k+ consistently. (Scales with TP WSs are nice so you can gauge where you want to be).

After the MB dies, go to town.

If you triggered the level up too much, it gets evasive and you can switch to torpor (if the MB is dead) as the adds aren’t really dangerous.

Keys to an easy run are likely yag and idris if you can find it. The support team really enables a wider range of DD levels to keep it safe.
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-12 13:53:30  
Not saying anything is wrong with anyone's strat, but I honestly prefer to go RUN/DRK and beat the ***out of the mega boss. I will straight up say I parse *** on this ambu. The faster it dies, the less of a threat, right? Last Resort + Battuta in full tp set, 35% PDT W/Epeo. Just get AM3 up as soon as BLM dies then go to town with Reso spam. Boss normally dies just after Battuta wears so don't have to worry about any Dispels.

And for those plebs who are saying HoW aRe YoU hAnDlInG hAtE rEsEt???
The answer is don't be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and use Foil. Not rocket science.

Cures are not an issue since Battuta is *** overpowered as hell and needs nerfed, but you know. The only move that does any damage is Galumph since it is AoE Stone based and I use Unda Runes and once Flabra Valiance wears, it does slightly more damage.

The only time I've died this month tanking is when I mega goofed and levelled boss up like 3 times and he said *** you and 1 shot me for 4k.

My preferred setup is RUN, COR, WHM, BRD, COR/GEO, 6th slot.

The 2nd COR or a GEO is replacable and interchangable. I don't believe this boss does enough damage to say GEO barrier/wilt is required and Frailty is risky if it even works this month since you wanna stay below 40k.
[+]
 Shiva.Dayone
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-12 13:59:31  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Not saying anything is wrong with anyone's strat, but I honestly prefer to go RUN/DRK and beat the ***out of the mega boss. I will straight up say I parse *** on this ambu. The faster it dies, the less of a threat, right? Last Resort + Battuta in full tp set, 35% PDT W/Epeo. Just get AM3 up as soon as BLM dies then go to town with Reso spam. Boss normally dies just after Battuta wears so don't have to worry about any Dispels.

And for those plebs who are saying HoW aRe YoU hAnDlInG hAtE rEsEt???
The answer is don't be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and use Foil. Not rocket science.

Cures are not an issue since Battuta is *** overpowered as hell and needs nerfed, but you know. The only move that does any damage is Galumph since it is AoE Stone based and I use Unda Runes and once Flabra Valiance wears, it does slightly more damage.

The only time I've died this month tanking is when I mega goofed and levelled boss up like 3 times and he said *** you and 1 shot me for 4k.

My preferred setup is RUN, COR, WHM, BRD, COR/GEO, 6th slot.

The 2nd COR or a GEO is replacable and interchangable. I don't believe this boss does enough damage to say GEO barrier/wilt is required and Frailty is risky if it even works this month since you wanna stay below 40k.

Thanks! I was thinking that because the fight is dmg limited to 50k/(a few seconds), keeping it safer while still hitting that number is the best we get this time around. I’ll have to try that, would love to be able to solo with my squad but wasn’t sure I could put out meaningful dmg while spamming foil every 6 seconds (Edict).
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-12 14:00:10  
levelled boss up like 3 times
Sounds like my average run, lol. I use Lionheart, though. I'll probably switch to Epeo when I finish AGing it (again) since he also regains some HP from level ups as well, which slows down the fight a tad.

Shiva.Dayone said: »
while spamming foil every 6 seconds
Only have to Foil every 30 seconds when the PLDs Invincible.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-12 14:05:00  
but wasn’t sure I could put out meaningful dmg while spamming foil every 6 seconds (Edict).

So yeah I initially thought this, but there is a delay after Edict is used. The adds go off after about 5s~ Edict is used, that's enough time for 2 WS and then they take 1-2 to travel to the whm or whoever they go to, and that is another 1-2 seconds, depending on range ofc. So that's plenty of time to slap a few WS in there and foil. They might hit the Healer once or twice before Foil registers, but as long as you don't blantantly ignore it, you should be fine.

But with how I do ambu, I average 800k parse this month, sometimes I get unlucky and get a dispel landing through Battuta and only getting 500-600k. If I am playing with a pug and have a shitty DD, 900k-1Mil parse is not out of reach.
 Shiva.Dayone
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-12 14:12:51  
but wasn’t sure I could put out meaningful dmg while spamming foil every 6 seconds (Edict).

So yeah I initially thought this, but there is a delay after Edict is used. The adds go off after about 5s~ Edict is used, that's enough time for 2 WS and then they take 1-2 to travel to the whm or whoever they go to, and that is another 1-2 seconds, depending on range ofc. So that's plenty of time to slap a few WS in there and foil. They might hit the Healer once or twice before Foil registers, but as long as you don't blantantly ignore it, you should be fine.

But with how I do ambu, I average 800k parse this month, sometimes I get unlucky and get a dispel landing through Battuta and only getting 500-600k. If I am playing with a pug and have a shitty DD, 900k-1Mil parse is not out of reach.

Ding! There’s the key. WHM stands farther away adding delay and time to get in a few more swings on each Edict. Going to keep optimizing my strats, thanks.

Only have to Foil every 30 seconds when the PLDs Invincible.
Can you explain a little bit about this? It seemed like the adds would go to the healer on each Edict which means you need to push out some AOE hate move?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-12 14:22:38  
The PLDs will only hate reset after an Invincible, but they can't Invincible while Invincible is already up, so the fastest interval in which they can hate reset is the duration of Invincible: 30 seconds. If you're noticing the PLDs move away from you before you see the 1 hour dust cloud on them, you're probably losing hate "normally" rather than through a hate reset.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-12 14:23:54  
The PLDs will only hate reset after an Invincible, but they can't Invincible while Invincible is already up, so the fastest interval in which they can hate reset is the duration of Invincible: 30 seconds. If you're noticing the PLDs move away from you before you see the 1 hour dust cloud on them, you're probably losing hate "normally" rather than through a hate reset.

This right here, basically every 1 hour interval, Invincible/Blood Weapon.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2020-03-12 14:35:35  
Very Easy to beat with pup burn.
Just slower then usual months and requires Su5 weapon. Kill speed depends on skill level and if the pups are using right gear/automaton.

Kill order
1.BLM
2.Adds (Ideally they die at a similar time)
3.Boss (While standing out any aoe range)

1 tank pup 4 dd pup 1 roll cor
Ninja sub is ideal. It makes the fight much more foolproof since it absorbs aoes and hits.

Tank pup uses a zero damage attachments with turtle tank automaton and heady/deploys on boss.
1 DD pup at start the fight with OD to quickly kill blm and other adds.
Pup who did OD switches to tank once OD down and pickups boss.
Previous tank switches to DD pet.
Once adds finished deploy on boss and 4x DD pup OD

Best damage pet is Taeon with full Valor since it survives the aoe well. Ranger Pet still works fine but requires alot more repair/dawn.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-12 14:45:59  
Yea but who plays PUP. Let's be real.

Average Melee kill speeds seem to be 9min~ with 6 man from my experiences. And on mercs like 11~.
 Shiva.Dayone
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-03-12 14:46:15  

This right here, basically every 1 hour interval, Invincible/Blood Weapon.

That makes sense, thanks.

Now on to the faster than 50kDMG threshold (tank/non-tank) included. Is there any way to increase the 50kDMG or bypass it?

Does killing one more add adds push it up another 25k?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-12 14:48:58  
Now on to the faster than 50kDMG threshold (tank/non-tank) included. Is there any way to increase the 50kDMG or bypass it?

Does killing one more add adds push it up another 25k?

The limit is 100% 40k, not 50k.
I done a lot of 41k Weaponskills and seen Nobless Oblige or w/e it's called and he levelled up. And I'm not sure if killing more adds increases the threshold, but I don't wanna risk it. Sticking to 40k is enough tbh since he is quite defensive and not using Frailty is perfectly fine.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-03-13 01:19:09  
We managed to clear VD 8~10 min using strategies very similar and almost same as the ones mentioned in this thread. However I received feedback from 2 Japanese GEO players about -50% VD resistance on VD.

So I'd like to get your opinion on the uptake of using the following debuffs on the Mega Boss: (Bearing in mind -50% geomancy on VD)

Idris GEO-Frailty + Bio II
(-14.8% + -27% [GEO-Frailty + Idris] = -41.8%) ÷50 [VD Geomancy Penalty] = -20.9% PDEF

Idris GEO-Fury + Dia II + Light Shot
-15.23% + -2.73% [Dia II + Light Shot] = -17.96% PDEF

Idris GEO-Frailty + Dia II + Light Shot
(-14.8% + -27% + [GEO-Frailty + Idris]) ÷50 [VD Geomancy Penalty] = -20.9% + (-15.23% + -2.73%) [Dia II + Light Shot] = -38.86% PDEF

It would seem that the third option would yield the highest -PDEF reduction on the Mega Boss, correct ?

With that, does it make sense to give up Bio over more -PDEF on mega boss, and focus on other defensive and offensive options, earth carol, RUN runes, Barstone, and chaos roll, respectively.

If there are any debuff errors in my calculation I apologies in advance.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-13 01:39:51  
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
With that, does it make sense to give up Bio over more -PDEF on mega boss, and focus on other defensive and offensive options, earth carol, RUN runes, Barstone, and chaos roll, respectively.
Earth resistance buffs seem like a waste. Even without Flabra Valiance, I've never seen my party take much damage from Galoumph. Flabra Valiance alone should be more than enough Galoumph protection. I'd use Fire resistance buffs instead for Amnesia.

Ragnarok.Ayami said: »
6 mins 20 secs clear time from start to finish!
I raise you a sub 6 minute clear with 3 spots being filled via shouting!

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-13 01:52:02  
Your prize

3 year later edit, the pic is gone! New one.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-13 02:28:06  
Dang it. My mom told me not to enter the ***-waving contest, but I didn't listen.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-13 02:57:26  
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
We managed to clear VD 8~10 min using strategies very similar and almost same as the ones mentioned in this thread. However I received feedback from 2 Japanese GEO players about -50% VD resistance on VD.

So I'd like to get your opinion on the uptake of using the following debuffs on the Mega Boss: (Bearing in mind -50% geomancy on VD)

Idris GEO-Frailty + Bio II
(-14.8% + -27% [GEO-Frailty + Idris] = -41.8%) ÷50 [VD Geomancy Penalty] = -20.9% PDEF

Idris GEO-Fury + Dia II + Light Shot
-15.23% + -2.73% [Dia II + Light Shot] = -17.96% PDEF

Idris GEO-Frailty + Dia II + Light Shot
(-14.8% + -27% + [GEO-Frailty + Idris]) ÷50 [VD Geomancy Penalty] = -20.9% + (-15.23% + -2.73%) [Dia II + Light Shot] = -38.86% PDEF

It would seem that the third option would yield the highest -PDEF reduction on the Mega Boss, correct ?

If there are any debuff errors in my calculation I apologies in advance.

DMG doesnt depend on physical defense but on PDIF, thats the ratio between att and def.

No buff debuff (example) Att = 100, Deff = 100 => PDIF = 1
Frailty + Bio Att = 100, Deff = 100*(1-0,209) = 79,1 => PDIF = 1,26
Frailty + Dia II enhanced Att = 100, Deff = 100*(1-0,3886) = 61,1 => PDIF = 1,64
Fury + Dia II enhanced Att = 100*(1+0,62) = 162, Deff = 100*(1-0,1796) = 82 => PDIF = 1,97

Also, using Fury + Bio should be the same as frailty + dia considering geo resistance of the mob.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-13 03:01:56  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Your prize

Doesnt matter the size but how you use it
By Draylo 2020-03-13 03:05:53  
Not true!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-13 03:56:30  
Pantafernando said: »
This is what the people with a small penis keep repeating to convince themselves and others!

(lol)
By Pantafernando 2020-03-13 04:27:46  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Pantafernando said: »
This is what the people with a small penis keep repeating to convince themselves and others!

(lol)

Yes
[+]
By Fayona 2020-03-13 05:22:55  
VD We just went Rune, Cor, Cor, Geo Brd Whm. Cors were using Sam chaos fighters and Gallants runes. Tank was /blu and using spells to cover the hate resets and we just killed BLM stacked on boss until dead and then moved away afterwards. Cors just spam Savage blade. Geo was using Frailty Fury and entrust Indi barrier. Songs were Mad Marchx2 minuet 5. The brd was also spamming savage blade. It’s pretty brain dead like this.
By tyalangan 2020-03-13 08:05:02  
Fayona said: »
then moved away afterwards.

What’s the significance of this? Makes it sound like he leaves a pool of acid on the ground when he dies.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-13 09:14:09  
To whom it may concern.

On VE, 4-6 minute kill, pretty much any 2 dps that can absorb moderate damage and the rest support. Yea yes, I know weak sauce, oh well gotta start somewhere.

Gonna be a long month.
By Spaitin 2020-03-15 17:26:28  
War ukon build does pretty well this month if anyone is interested. Not nearly as risky for overdoing it on the WS spam.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-03-21 00:59:06  
Warrior Ukon build or even Farsha /NIN build seem like a good bet. We learned the hard way that you cannot WAR and Naegling + Savage Blade + Warcry alongside COR, it breaks the cap easily. Monk is great this month too between Mantra and Victory Smite spam (stays under 40k, high white damage, beware of SC with Dimidiation, stick with Reso) or even BLU as Draylo said.

Overall I dislike Velkk and this month is trash. You can't just throw heavy DDs at it because SAM/DRG/DRK/WAR will break the damage limit easily with their best weapons and WS/SC. Sometimes it seems to count successive WS as cap-breaking. Had the most success RUN MNK COR GEO WHM BRD or RUN CORx2 GEO WHM BRD. Croctastrophe would occasionally wreck shop under boss's 25% threshold even with Indi-Barrier and only one level up per fight. Main boss seems to get improved attack power at lower HP? RDM landed sleeps but it was slower that way.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.