Game: FFXI
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-19 14:29:06  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
Asura.Nebohh said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »
Asura.Nebohh said: »
Asura.Tsm said: »
lots of ISPs do it a lot of different ways, i would say changing your MAC almost definitely isn't going to give you a new IP address though
Lol. I'm pretty sure that won't either. Using a VPN is a good option as well. If that fixes your issue, then it's definitely a routing issue with your ISP. They maybe blocking certain ports etc. It's happened to me a few times out of the year. I turn on my VPN then until they've fixed the issue.
I am really starting to think this is the case. Cuss everything i do is pointing to the ISP.

but I tried with my phone again before and now my phone wont work ether. Do you think it could really be my files?
I would delete that temp folder with your char name. It won't hurt your char or macros etc. If that doesn't work, then yeah, something on the network end is being blocked.
If i delete that folder will i lose my spell order and my item order?

if i wont then i do not mind trying that
That will not mess with your spell or item order.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2021-05-19 21:59:40  
i haven't been able to get on my characters either since yesterday. either it times out while trying to connect or if it does log in, i immediately R0 and then it shuts down pol. i was able to get on several mules, but as soon as i zoned, it would time out and kick me. is it a bug in the game or something and is it likely to be fixed?
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-05-19 23:27:07  
I've been having this same damn issue since monday night

I've done port forward, DMZ, google DNS, tried a vpn (was a free vpn, but still a vpn).

No matter what I do, I'm lucky to even get into the game and if I do, it takes an hour and I generally disconnect like 10 minutes later.
 Asura.Icilies
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Asura
user: icilies
By Asura.Icilies 2021-05-20 00:35:20  
Curious if people with problems have ATT?
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-20 00:40:06  
Asura.Icilies said: »
Curious if people with problems have ATT?

Optimum (Altice) - New York
 Valefor.Worlace
サーバ: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-05-20 05:14:01  
Also Optimum in the north east
By Gorion 2021-05-20 06:14:17  
I'm having login issues also. I know optimum recently did some fiber optic cables in my area , not sure if that would cause any issues,
 Bahamut.Aldy
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2021-05-20 08:03:02  
Optimum as well.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-20 08:36:16  
It’s honestly super annoying and of course it happens during dark matter campaign. Anyone report this to SE? I don’t have a forum account.
 Lakshmi.Laurenn
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Laurenn
By Lakshmi.Laurenn 2021-05-20 09:48:40  
Has been happening to me as well and also Optimum.

Ive been trying to figure out the port forwarding thing and all these other fixes, but i really dont want to have to buy a VPN just to play xi.
By Sabishii 2021-05-20 11:19:25  
Lakshmi.Laurenn said: »
Has been happening to me as well and also Optimum.

Ive been trying to figure out the port forwarding thing and all these other fixes, but i really dont want to have to buy a VPN just to play xi.

Same here, Optimum Online. NY represent! lol
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-05-20 11:45:12  
When this is rectified, or when it sorts itself out post here.

That way, if it happens again next year or whatever we have a thread to all read and see how long it lasted, which isps were impacted or what was done to fix it.
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2021-05-20 12:48:35  
also on optimum, i wonder if they changed something that's making this happen, still having trouble days later. i can get in on my main, but as soon as i zone, it dc's and after another 30 attempts, I have to walk my way out of town step by step through the dc's just to get out of a crowded area. then the nest time I am able to get on, i can walk around the zone, but the second i try to go anywhere, it's more of the same.
By Sabishii 2021-05-20 14:46:08  
I made a thread in the official forums, and it got someone in tech support's attention. Maybe we'll get somewhere.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-05-20 16:01:02  
I'm Atlantic Broadband here in PA, but it wouldn't surprise me if we run off the same fiber back bone however.
 Valefor.Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-05-20 19:14:30  
Sabishii said: »
I made a thread in the official forums, and it got someone in tech support's attention. Maybe we'll get somewhere.

Can you link it? I’ll post as well my issue
By Sabishii 2021-05-20 19:16:48  
I have an update, I posted the info there. Here's the link to the official forums.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58172-POL-0011-and-FFXI-3001-network-errors

My updated information, I can log into other characters that are not in port bastok, but if I log into a character in, or move into port bastok, that character gets disconnected with a FFXI-3001 error.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-05-20 19:24:43  
It's not just port bastok for me, it's been doing it with any zones.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2021-05-21 06:19:13  
so it does seem that optimum users are having these issues right now and optimum is denying they are having any problems despite their website showing they are having an abundance of reported connection issues in various areas. always so helpful when the responsible party refuses to admit when they are having a problem.
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-05-21 06:32:43  
On one character that I had an issue with previously, I waited 24 hours and was able to log in and zone freely thus far. I recall this being mentioned previously with other people who had this issue. Just an update.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-21 07:37:50  
Waiting 24hrs has done nothing for me. I had to setup a VPN.

Good thing I was able to login too, so I could get Vexed Gambieras (NQ) from a loud thud.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-05-21 13:47:10  
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
so it does seem that optimum users are having these issues right now and optimum is denying they are having any problems despite their website showing they are having an abundance of reported connection issues in various areas. always so helpful when the responsible party refuses to admit when they are having a problem.

as a person who works for an ISP, I can say most likely that if you call and speak to someone, they don't really know much of what's going on, essentially a front line worker, mainly want to see if they have someone in network engineering (at least what we call it), who can investigate and check it out and open a ticket with them.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-05-21 14:46:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
as a person who works for an ISP, I can say most likely that if you call and speak to someone, they don't really know much of what's going on

Man, I remember a few months ago I called my ISP because my modem was constantly kicking me from 5G while my 2.4G was working perfectly fine. I told buddy on the phone that resetting did nothing and that I wanted a new modem, and the *** didn't believe me and wanted to FaceTime/video chat with me to walk me through how to reset it. I told him to basically *** off and hung up and called back to get another rep and they sent me a new modem.
 Asura.Jackflashh
user: Kido
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-22 15:39:04  
I've been having this problem for 2 weeks now. Literally started 15 days ago, after no similar issue for 17 years, 4 years in same location with same ISP. Now it takes an act of god to even log in, let alone stay logged in.

Tried changing DSN.
Tried using VPN.
Tried just waiting it out (2 weeks).

Nothing helps. Others can log into my char just fine to change zones when I get stuck in black "downloading data" screen, but it just happens again. Sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes an hour. In 17 years, I've been logged in standing around for weeks at a time with no issue, now all of the sudden the game is literally unplayable. What the actual ***?!
By zixxer 2021-05-22 21:31:10  
Try replacing your router, I had the same issue 2 weeks ago. Routers have a life span of 3-5 years.
By Veydal1 2021-05-22 23:58:54  
Definitely not a router issue. A lot of people in the same area, on the same ISP (myself included) have been having this issue. I've had to resort to playing off of a hotspot as someone else had suggested. I've been having the same issues as others. I haven't tried using my regular connection in a few days now. Been keeping an eye on this thread for a bit now. Might give the ISP a call and see if it can be escalated to network engineering or something...
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2021-05-23 07:25:58  
i really just find it funny that there is a very clear trend of people all having the same ISP having this issue and the ISP refuses to admit there's a problem. still no luck here for the past 5 days
 Asura.Jackflashh
user: Kido
By Asura.Jackflashh 2021-05-23 09:40:24  
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
i really just find it funny that there is a very clear trend of people all having the same ISP having this issue and the ISP refuses to admit there's a problem. still no luck here for the past 5 days

It's not an ISP issue. I live nowhere near the people with Optimum that are having the same issue. I also heard from someone yesterday who's in the same boat in Brazil. It's absolutely an issue with SE servers. There is no single fix, what seems to work for some makes no difference to others.

I've since tried changing my IP address, changing routers, talking to ISP, fixing files, reinstalling game. I was using VPN yesterday and still got stuck in "downloading data" screen. It's insane.
By Rips 2021-05-23 11:23:54  
Well, I’m glad I’m not alone and came looking for a thread.

I have 6 characters, and 2 of them have this. Those 2 happen to be the guest login characters that I type in manually.

I’ll report my progress after work on attempting these fixes. I’m Canadian and with ISP Bell and have been having internet issues off and on the past 2 months in general.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-05-23 11:52:26  
Midcontinent is my ISP. Same issue. Started two weeks ago. I can play fine with a VPN, but Dynamis, Sheol, are laggy as hell.