フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Amemet +1
Amemet +1
First Page 2 3 4
 Kujata.Infinian
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-10-28 13:22:01  
just to make sure... Amemet +1 is a good back piece for Pld right? i see a lot of plds with em
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-10-28 13:31:02  
this is better for PLD than Amemet +1

PLD is not DD, stop trying to be one.
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-10-28 13:33:31  
Alexander.Zayo said:
[+]
 Ifrit.Tulnig
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2009-10-28 13:45:13  
Boxer's Mantel is a great back piece for PLD, but there are better. Amemet +1 is for nOOb PLDs... don't be that guy...
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-28 13:47:12  
I'd use cuchulain's over boxer's. Attonement spam ftw
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-10-28 13:48:51  
At first I was going to tell you that its ok to use one in exp parties as you level, but then I noticed you're already 75. Tulnig is right.

Buy a high breathe if you're broke, or a gigant if you can afford one and you don't need the additional enmity. Just remember that if you switch off the high breathe, you lose the effect.
[+]
 Valefor.Whitetiger
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2009-10-28 13:59:27  
If you want a good backpiece for PLD that has "similar stats" to Amemet mantle+1, just buy a Cerberus Mantle.. Enmity Much better... But LOL@Amemet+1PLDs
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-10-28 14:11:10  
I would suggest Cerberus Mantle. But I'm going to try to get a boxer's mantle myself. lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-28 14:17:19  
LOL@NQJester'sCapeBards

Amemet+1 is very nice during the levelling period for PLD, though eclipsed by Cuch Mantle for TP and about on par with Cerberus Mantle for meleeing overall (considering enmity, it'll be slightly below in terms of damage).

Quote:

This is NOT 2006. PLD is a DD with good gear options, an A+ weapon, and it's constantly getting free TP in exp!

If you're not gonna try to DD on PLD in Aht Urghan areas, you're a complete waste of a slot in most situations.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-28 14:30:16  
Shadow Mantle or gtfo.

Kidding. Boxer's is a good option, but Gigant Mantle has more uses. A Resentment Cape is a nice thing to pick up for enmity macros or MDB tanking.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-28 14:37:26  
Personally, I would assume any good PLD would have at a minimum 3 back pieces. One for Enmity, one for HP, and another for Shield Skill/Spell Interruption. When macro'd properly, this is where you'll see the best results.

Boxer's will definitely do more to keep you alive, I'd think. Full time it if it's all you have, but ideally you'll probably just macro it in for putting up shadows (Ichi, definitely) and as an idling piece during certain times (like maybe when /war). The Boxer's is your Shield Skill piece.

For HP, your best option is obviously the Gigant. Macro it in to give yourself more HP when curing for hate.

For Enmity, you'll want a Cerberus Mantle or Valor Cape. The Valor Cape can also double as an HP piece, and is great for the VIT modifier in Rampart.

More serious PLD's will have a fourth back piece, one for Magic Defense Bonus. A Lamia Mantle or Resentment Cape will do the trick nicely.

I see absolutely no reason to ever wear an Amemet +1 on PLD.
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-10-28 14:39:50  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

This is NOT 2006. PLD is a DD with good gear options, an A weapon, and it's constantly getting free TP in exp!

If you're not gonna try to DD on PLD in Aht Urghan areas, you're a complete waste of a slot in most situations.

Um, you are confusing me...
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=5790

Gonna DD with that set up?

Really now, how often do you see PLD in merit parties? Its WAR/NIN, 3 DD/NIN, BRD/NIN, and a healer. This isnt 2006 yah know lmao. all the 75 PLDs on my server are doing endgame in one form or another, and +enm trumps +att any day for a PLD worth his rock salt.

lol drk/blm
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-28 14:43:29  
Disregard everything Zayo just said. He must have just come from WoW.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-28 14:43:41  
That's just my wants, no particular set <_<

Joyeuse/Shield/---/Ammo
Turban/PCC/Ethereal/Suppa
Haub+1/Homam/Toreador's/Rajas
Cuch/Swift/Homam/Homam

and you have yourself an Atonement spammer.

Point out where I said merit parties! PLDs DD in far more important situations.

Enmity is a macro stat, as is Attack/Accuracy/etc.

DRK/BLM for Warp :(

Amemet +1 is only good in the levelling period, but there's nothing wrong with it from 61-74 or whatever.
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-10-28 14:44:44  
@Enternius

Never touched that trash game, I dont even own a PC, but sounds like you know a thing or two about it.

lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-28 14:46:27  
Quote:
Its WAR/NIN, 3 DD/NIN, BRD/NIN, and a healer.

Also, Corsair or 2nd Bard where <_<
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-28 14:47:26  
You only have two support jobs if your DDs can handle their jobs.

Which is becoming increasingly rare these days with all the bandwagon SAMs around.
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-10-28 14:48:24  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Whatcha talkin about here Willis?

Seemed to me you meant meripo, cause I know you aren't talkin about Khim or Cerb.
lmao
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-28 14:48:53  
BRD COR Healer DD x3

or BRD BRD Healer DD x3

is better than any other combination in a standard merit party, regardless of the state of each member's gear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-28 14:49:49  
Spoilers: People exp in Aht Urghan from level 54 to level 75 or so! These experience points sessions occur in Aht Urghan areas, which I was referencing.

And yes, you do DD PLD Cerb. You can do Khim but I'm not responsible for the consequences :D
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-10-28 14:49:51  
PLD isnt a DD, but 2 PLD can nearly duo Proto-Omega via Atonement spam...? PLD is also one of the few jobs that can solo King Arthro, via Atonement. They don't need to be geared 100% towards acc/att but it definetly does help. Of course in end game a PLD is going to gear towards enmity/haste because they want to keep hate and stay alive... But its also the reason one handers arent very useful. Low damage + low delay is nice on normal mobs but on end game mobs like HNMs/Dynamis mobs, you see more out of gearing towards enmity and using a cure kit, JA, and WSing when TP is available (if chivalry isnt up).

But to say PLD isnt a DD is very very close minded. If geared properly they can still do nice damage in the long run, though definetly not as much as properly geared 'DD'.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-28 14:53:54  
Yah, that I'll agree with, except that enmity is still only useful as a macro stat and you -can- produce wonderful Atonement damage/hate if you are geared to do so.

It is wonderful that you mention cure kits though, since most Paladins neglect those :(
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-28 14:54:26  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
This is NOT 2006. PLD is a DD with good gear options, an A weapon, and it's constantly getting free TP in exp! If you're not gonna try to DD on PLD in Aht Urghan areas, you're a complete waste of a slot in most situations.

This is almost 2010, and PLD is still not a DD. No matter what gear you put on it, the innate attributes of a PLD do not lend themselves to dealing damage and therefore will never be as capable in the damage dealing department as your other melee.

Paladin has proven to be an exceptional DD during longer HNM fights, thanks to the introduction of Atonement. Atonement, as you may know, requires absolutely zero melee or DD equipement to be effective, thus allowing you to maintain your defensive gear.

As far as exp parties go... the best merit parties eliminate the PLD as a tank simply because they cannot deal damage, nor will they be able to effectively hold hate from your actual melee once weapon skills start going off. If you're inviting a PLD to your 72+ exp party... you should rethink how effective your party will be. Below 72 exp, your PLD should still only assume the role of a tank, simply focusing the mobs attention so that your other party members can do thier jobs properly.

Leave your DD gear at home, Paladins. Just take it out when you want to *** around in Campaign, or when farming lower level mobs for whatever reason. Just because you CAN gear Paladin with some sick melee gear, definitely does not mean you SHOULD.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-28 14:55:54  
Alexander.Zayo said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

This is NOT 2006. PLD is a DD with good gear options, an A weapon, and it's constantly getting free TP in exp!

Um, you are confusing me...
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=5790

Gonna DD with that set up?

Really now, how often do you see PLD in merit parties? Its WAR/NIN, 3 DD/NIN, BRD/NIN, and a healer. This isnt 2006 yah know lmao. all the 75 PLDs on my server are doing endgame in one form or another, and enm trumps att any day for a PLD worth his rock salt.

lol drk/blm

You sir know nothing about EG tanking.

PLD/NIN
* TP in haste/acc/att with a joytoy while hiding behind shadows
* WS and JA in full enmity
* Shadows in a mix of haste and shield skill (depending on which spell)
* Flash in haste and enmity

Enmity has no place in a TP build

And that set is a list of the things he want as a decent TP build is made out of homam and other bits from his DRK (which he has).
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-28 14:56:11  
Enmity is worthless if you aren't performing an action for the specific purpose of generating hate, thus High Breath Mantle is not a wise option 61+. Gearing to DD allows you to generate additional hate, especially once you unlock Atonement. Atonement allows a PLD to generate significant hate by dealing 720-750 damage in pure Enmity+ gear. This is especially notable for the amount of CE generated, as PLD is otherwise lacking in CE-heavy hate tools. Thus, Accuracy is the new stat to idle in if you aren't turtling. Not much you have to turtle on these days anyway if your support is competent.

Thus:

Amemet +1: Generates a decent amount of additional enmity by helping you avoid hitting for 0 and increasing damage dealt.
Cerb (+1): Enmity and DD pre-Cuchu/capped accuracy
Valor: Cure cheat
Cuchulain's: Atonement idle at uncapped accuracy to raise hitrate and thus TE generation through Atonement spam.
Boxer's: Ichi macro, turtling
Gigant: Spirit's Within, Cure cheat pre-Valor

tl;dr: Zayo is stuck in 2006, the modern PLD uses DDing as an additional means of hate generation that has the additional benefit of high CE generation.

edit:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Paladin has proven to be an exceptional DD during longer HNM fights, thanks to the introduction of Atonement. Atonement, as you may know, requires absolutely zero melee or DD equipement to be effective, thus allowing you to maintain your defensive gear.

hurrrrrrr. PLD isn't a DD (barring Excal), yes, but they DD for hate. Accuracy improves hitrate, hitrate increases Atonement frequency, Atonement generates enmity. Also, it's an easy 750 damage so that the target dies sooner. Idle in accuracy gear as appropriate.
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-10-28 14:56:47  
/facepalm

The OP is 75 PLD, my answers are based on that fact.

Here is my thinking on the "PLD isnt a DD"

Take your average geared WAR (since imo its lower on the DD totem pole)
vs
Anything you want to set up on your PLD
and that PLD isnt going to out DD that WAR.

RDM wasnt made for Nukes, but it can.
PLD wasnt made for DD, but it can to the same level a RDM can nuke more or less.

@ the OP, being that you are 75, dont wear that Amemet +1. Everyone here has listed the better options for you.

/end
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-28 14:57:20  
And a Joyuese is more than sufficient for Atonement spam on HNMs. You dont need an entire gear set for it... lol
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-28 14:57:30  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Atonement, as you may know, requires absolutely zero melee or DD equipement to be effective, thus allowing you to maintain your defensive gear.

This is wrong... you need a TP build.

And TP build for PLD is the same as a TP build for any DD.

Edit:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
And a Joyuese is more than sufficient for Atonement spam on HNMs. You dont need an entire gear set for it... lol

What? A+ skill with 0 acc is enough to build TP on an HNM?

Because your sword some times attacks twice?

Not even close
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-28 14:59:59  
Quote:
This is almost 2010, and PLD is still not a DD. No matter what gear you put on it, the innate attributes of a PLD do not lend themselves to dealing damage and therefore will never be as capable in the damage dealing department as your other melee.

True.

Quote:
requires absolutely zero melee or DD equipement to be effective, thus allowing you to maintain your defensive gear.

False. TP gain is a byproduct of strong offensive gear. Per hit Atonement damage may not depend on it, but Atonement damage over time does.

Quote:
As far as exp parties go... the best merit parties eliminate the PLD as a tank simply because they cannot deal damage, nor will they be able to effectively hold hate from your actual melee once weapon skills start going off. If you're inviting a PLD to your 72+ exp party... you should rethink how effective your party will be.

Sort of. It's more that you have a lot more support available, replacing the need to have someone hold the monster. You can get rid of Paladins far earlier if you use enough support (BRD and COR), it's just more readily available at merit levels.

Though again agreed that Paladin won't hold a candle to a real DD.

Quote:
Below 72 exp, your PLD should still only assume the role of a tank, simply focusing the mobs attention so that your other party members can do thier jobs properly.

And what is the most efficient way to generate hate on a squishy(ish) monster? Damage generated through hate. It also has the other beneficial effect of raising exp/hr.

Quote:
Leave your DD gear at home, Paladins. Just take it out when you want to *** around in Campaign, or when farming lower level mobs for whatever reason. Just because you CAN gear Paladin with some sick melee gear, definitely does not mean you SHOULD.

You should in exp tanking and you should in many forms of endgame tanking, so it sounds pretty useful to me!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-10-28 15:00:17  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Just because you CAN gear Paladin with some sick melee gear, definitely does not mean you SHOULD.

I half agree with that, but there are still situations where its very very effective. Like in my post where I said 2 PLD can nearly duo Proto Omega, having tried both Enmity gear (i had forgotten my acc+ gear) and then bringing a full blown accuracy set, my damage skyrocketed over time. Getting TP to WS faster because I had brought haub, double acc+7 rings, neck, earrings, etc etc gear can make a difference easily.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4