First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Gennss
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2023-10-10 17:17:31  
Because when i'm not solo, people rather bring their bots ... :(
By Shichishito 2023-10-10 17:18:10  
I also find the UI makes it unnecessarily difficult to keep track of buffs and debuffs and it's tedium to switch chat filters, although that's probably something that could be taken care of with addons? Haven't looked into it.

Or healing party #2 and #3 members in alliances with cntrl alt f button shortcuts... carpal tunnel intensifies.
 Sylph.Thelona
サーバ: Sylph
user: Thelona
By Sylph.Thelona 2023-10-10 18:22:45  
I don't main white mage because I main dancer. More opportunities for carpal tunnel.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-10-10 21:17:44  
I don’t main WHM because it puts me to sleep :(

Also, the rare times I do play it I always get the suicidal players that don’t know what Hybrid sets are and it turns into an annoying mess.
 Asura.Ivlilla
サーバ: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2023-10-10 21:42:02  
I mained WHM for over a year a few years back. Not out of choice. No one else would do it. I had other jobs very well geared at the time, but no one would gear and play White Mage, and I'm apparently a door mat.

I'd like to say that all it took was one instance of being verbally abused on voice chat to get me to stop, but it took more than one. The final instance was pretty bad, though.

It was a completely thankless job, highly stressful, and my reward was to get treated like a piece of ***and told I should be grateful for the opportunity to be treated like a piece of ***again in the future.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-10-11 14:01:29  
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
I mained WHM for over a year a few years back. Not out of choice. No one else would do it. I had other jobs very well geared at the time, but no one would gear and play White Mage, and I'm apparently a door mat.

I'd like to say that all it took was one instance of being verbally abused on voice chat to get me to stop, but it took more than one. The final instance was pretty bad, though.

It was a completely thankless job, highly stressful, and my reward was to get treated like a piece of ***and told I should be grateful for the opportunity to be treated like a piece of ***again in the future.

I've read your post like 10 times because it's so true of a lot of WHM experiences. I firmly believe Square-Enix should give WHM a spell called: "Recall-Gaol" and sends those jerks to Mordion Gaol.

No tricks, no gimmicks, they just have to stay there until they cool down.
[+]
By Rips 2023-10-11 14:52:46  

This is the main reason, IMO.

Nobody wants to be treated like *** / being accused of letting the team down. Meanwhile, DPS are treated like the MVP's when the opposite is true.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-10-11 15:13:56  
How much would it help if there was any reasonable way to restart/recover that doesn't lock you out of the content for the day? "Return to entrance/checkpoint" vs. "leave the zone, loser" if everyone's dead? Would sure be nice on any other role, too, to not wind up in situations where it's definitely your fault for dying in an inconvenient place.
By Felgarr 2023-10-11 15:31:39  
Asura.Cariko said: »
How much would it help if there was any reasonable way to restart/recover that doesn't lock you out of the content for the day? "Return to entrance/checkpoint" vs. "leave the zone, loser" if everyone's dead? Would sure be nice on any other role, too, to not wind up in situations where it's definitely your fault for dying in an inconvenient place.

What do you mean?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-11 15:39:45  
He's referring to having RR up but having your body underneath a bunch of dangerous enemies. You effectively have to HP and the run is over. He'd like a second option while dead for "Return to entrance of Sheol C" or whatever.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-10-11 16:58:47  
it'd be kind of okay? In some cases that was what tractor helped to do, but arena fights in particular can have some wonky aggro radius' that prevent you from either getting yourself up to help or getting in range to grab someone else, that along with the fact i think only 2 jobs(BLM/DRK) are capable of using it and neither are super common subs these days
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-11 17:05:31  
Anywhere but asura it'd be fine, can't have every group failrecovering a full 30/45/60 every single time, it'd be miserably abused.

Sucks but losing is supposed to suck. "Builds character"
By Nariont 2023-10-11 17:09:08  
If it were possible to be implemented, would just set a hard limit. You full wipe, you reset 1-2 times, NM has fully recovered and you dont gain any time back. Think failing ou's final move
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-10-11 17:24:24  
While I think there's also room for letting people leave and try again, I'm more specifically talking about returning to a point within the zone (not resetting the timer) and getting your party setup again to give a boss another go. Seen a lot of botched runs where it's pretty much no one's fault (and thus either the tank or healer get blamed) and people hit the ground in unfortunate locations. It'd take some pressure off to know you could keep trying until the timer's done.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-11 17:28:28  
It just incentivizes carelessness. Already half assin it.

Which would be fine. Who cares if you quarter *** your own stuff. But the people waiting in queue shouldn't be punished.

Ya know, I don't care if you want to take 45 minutes TH knife single wielding KB to death. But I care a LOT if I have to wait for it.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2023-10-11 17:35:19  
If only the master level cap was 60 then sch and rdm would get cure 5 !
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-10-11 18:40:55  
Disclaimer, this is coming primarily from an Odyssey segment farm perspective, that was the last content I really found engaging where I wasn't locked on GEO.

I don't play WHM because really, what's it do? Cures, and status heals. You can make a competent DD WHM if you get a Kraken Club and kit out to the nines, but otherwise you're just... "cure, cure, erase, oh come on you idiot don't run over there... fine, arise." If you're feeling really spicy you can try predicting the barspells you'll need at any given moment.

I found I enjoyed SCH a lot more because the healing was pre-loaded - regen did most of the work outside of emergencies, leaving me free to run through a buttload of buffs and then be proactive. You know what's more efficient than spamming Cure IV? Accession Sleep II on the crowd of mobs your DD is charging into the middle of. You can kind of pull that off with WHM/SCH, I guess, but SCH main does it better and it's just more engaging overall.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2023-10-11 20:06:51  
I don't main WHM because it's too hard and i'd rather be a useless and brainless DD.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-10-11 21:22:49  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
I don't main WHM because it's too hard and i'd rather be a useless and brainless DD.

That's not PC, my guy. They prefer to be called "Meathead DDs".
 Bismarck.Yvan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2023-10-11 22:02:27  
but I do main whm!
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-10-11 22:15:25  
I want to bring my WHM to event, as a Maxentius/Kraken Club DD, the SCH can heal me.

I also require a full suite of COR, BRD, GEO, RDM support.
[+]
 Asura.Voltaren
user: Morte2020
By Asura.Voltaren 2023-10-12 07:25:27  
As someone who is a WHM main, I get annoyed with it because of the need to constantly play it for events due to the lack of others willing and being bettered geared than most that play the job

That being said, many others who use scripts to play the job/multibox a whm have an easier job playing it as it can get difficult to keep up in the higher end content. I play the job without scripts and just using macros, otherwise why play if you let a script play for you?

I will try to bring my WAR to as many events as possible as it's equally as geared as my WHM, if not better, and is more enjoyable to play for harder content.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
サーバ: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2023-10-12 08:12:12  
I was WHM onry for best part of a decade. Mainly took it on as a way to get invites and gear because DRK (my other 75) wasn't exactly in high demand during that era outside of zergs.

It was occasionally fun. Resigned to the fact that I was never going to make a Yagrush a long time ago.

Dropped it in the end because I didn't find it fun anymore and was stressful more often than not. The way content is now doesn't make me think that anything has changed in that respect (if anything, it's worse now).
 Asura.Voltaren
user: Morte2020
By Asura.Voltaren 2023-10-12 08:16:34  
I was in that mindset back in the day that I wasn't going to make a yagrush. I quit not long after seekers came out. When i came back a few years ago, it basically became a necessity so I made mine. I actually enjoyed it as the only ultimate weapon I had made prior was empyrean. I enjoyed the mythic grind and it does make debuffs way easier to deal with
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2023-10-12 10:30:31  
I think that the treatment of White Mages, which, combined with people who have zero interest in anything but haha number go brrrr, is actually a major contributor to the dwindling player base and increasing push to bot. People go through White Mages like they're some sort of damned disposable commodity. They then quit the game for prolonged periods (if not forever). I know I'm not the only person who quit the game for multiple years over being permaWHM'd and abused.

In the fantasy world in my head, if I ran a linkshell again, I'd institute a rule that everyone must have a functional White Mage, and we rotate playing it. Everyone gets a chance to experience the suck. Everyone gets a chance to do stuff that they want to do. If some people are better at White Mage than others, they may be asked to play it for more difficult content, but only after we've established that they're the only one(s) who can do that. And we'd still want to be rotation between several people.

I loved the idea of Dynamis - Divergeance, until I got told I was only coming to them as White Mage. Oh, I could get the drops for the other jobs I played, but getting to come be there for the clears? Nope.

There's also this sort of... vicious cycle of gearing, where the WHM would like gear, or get better gear for, another job they have, but, because they 'main' WHM, they become secondary, or lower, in consideration for who gets it. So they have to come WHM because it's the only thing they have well-geared, and the only thing they have well-geared is WHM because WHMs are near the bottom of the barrel for who gets to roll on non-WHM gear.

Maybe Squeenix just needs to majorly buff Dancer's healing abilities, and then we can have front line main healer dancer shenanigans. Maybe I should go to sleep instead of rambling.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-10-12 10:49:05  
In the fantasy world in my head, if I ran a linkshell again, I'd institute a rule that everyone must have a functional White Mage, and we rotate playing it. Everyone gets a chance to experience the suck. Everyone gets a chance to do stuff that they want to do. If some people are better at White Mage than others, they may be asked to play it for more difficult content, but only after we've established that they're the only one(s) who can do that. And we'd still want to be rotation between several people.

People would play bad intentionally, not to be asked to play whm again lol
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-12 10:55:51  
Triple DKP for WHM.

DD's who lose the parse get relegated to mage jobs until the rotation is back up again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ixn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: unknown
By Fenrir.Ixn 2023-10-12 11:29:01  
Not enough undead to cure burn '3'
[+]