日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Why won't you main WHM
Why won't you main WHM
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By SimonSes 2023-12-29 14:51:37  
drakefs said: »
SimonSes said: »
What would you solo on DD in 2023 that can't be done on WHM?

Sure if you have been a WHM for a long time and have MAB/TP/WS sets. As a WHM you have to go out of your way to gear for soloing, while likely still being worse than about any other job that isn't really trying.

I am sure a WHM could solo a lot of content without gearing for it but there is no way that is an enjoyable experience.

WS set is really mostly the same, which is Nyame. Depends on weapons, you can use Nyame/Bunzi (just hands if R0, head if high rank) or Empy+3/Bunzi for TP. Accessories are also pretty universal for cape, rings. Oshasha ammo, Cornelia belt for WS. TP belt kinda depends if you have Lehko's Ring or not. Gazu Bracelets +1 R15 are also an option.

Not gonna lie, Kraken Club makes melee WHM both stronger and way more enjoyable, but R15 Yagrush AM3 with TP bonus offhand or Maxentius with TP bonus offhand are also good options. I think really the only problem would be R15+ Nyame, because WHM doesn't really have good alternatives for WS.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2023-12-29 15:01:57  
I have basically every single job properly geared, all of them with appropriate REMA. I enjoy playing every single one of them...

That said, what do you think I need to play 80% of the time? Yes, NEED. If I don't? Simply, the static cannot operate. Either I play whm or we can't go. THATS my annoyance with whm. Spending your time working on jobs you never get to use because of being typecast. Boring.

Pile on with a static dd who flat out refuses to come COR cause he wants JPs for his WAR? It's these thoughts that honestly keep me from even logging in sometimes.

That said, I actually like playing whm. I'm good at it. Would just prefer some variety.

[Rantoff]
[+]
By drakefs 2023-12-29 16:08:25  
Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Pile on with a static dd who flat out refuses to come COR cause he wants JPs for his WAR?

In sortie? JPing? You need to replace the war (seriously,JP on your own time) or find a new static. I would talk to the WAR and explain why that's not acceptable.

I put up with a lot of "Having to make it work" because others do not have a viable job load out but at least they are trying to build a COR so others that are a better DPS option can not play COR. My static is not the same 6 people every day but we do have 3 people who can WHM, 2 who can RDM, 2 who can BRD and 5 who can COR.

Also, it may be time to make friends with another WHM that hopefully has a good job load out too.

drakefs said: »
What would you solo on DD in 2023 that can't be done on WHM?

Sure if you have been a WHM for a long time and have MAB/TP/WS sets. As a WHM you have to go out of your way to gear for soloing, while likely still being worse than about any other job that isn't really trying.

I am sure a WHM could solo a lot of content without gearing for it but there is no way that is an enjoyable experience.

WS set is really mostly the same, which is Nyame. Depends on weapons, you can use Nyame/Bunzi (just hands if R0, head if high rank) or Empy+3/Bunzi for TP. Accessories are also pretty universal for cape, rings. Oshasha ammo, Cornelia belt for WS. TP belt kinda depends if you have Lehko's Ring or not. Gazu Bracelets +1 R15 are also an option.

Not gonna lie, Kraken Club makes melee WHM both stronger and way more enjoyable, but R15 Yagrush AM3 with TP bonus offhand or Maxentius with TP bonus offhand are also good options. I think really the only problem would be R15+ Nyame, because WHM doesn't really have good alternatives for WS.

The point is that a perfectly geared WHM is no where close to any other job in the game, in regards to soloing. I would argue it is not a good experience for the effort you have to put into getting there.
 Asura.Crevox
サーバ: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2023-12-29 16:22:33  
When I started, I was playing summoner, but quickly came to the realization that almost nobody wanted a summoner for content. This is when they were still releasing high-tier battlefields and we didn't even have job points / rhapsody yet. A few merc groups got to know me as a summoner and brought me to use Perfect Defense, but that's about it.

So, I leveled and geared WHM, and that is what got me invited to groups. Despite liking summoner, I spent almost all my game time outside of soloing as a WHM. I wasn't super geared, but since I was always able to keep parties alive, people would know me and accept me regardless of gear. I enjoyed it, so it wasn't too bad, but it was a bummer that I couldn't play SMN. I came to the realization that I need a Nirvana if I want to try to push SMN, so I pretty much mained WHM and GEO in all party content to make gil. I considered a mythic weapon pretty much unobtainable, but decided to buckle down and just go for it.

Near the end of my time in FFXI, I almost stopped playing WHM entirely, because I just preferred playing other jobs. It's still fun, but other jobs were my priority and also strong enough that people wanted them. I also reached a point where I didn't feel like I was dragging down the group by bringing my SMN to content.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-29 17:27:12  
White mage white mage,
What cha gonna do!?!
When nobody wanna heal for you!!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2023-12-29 18:36:16  
I am a main WHM, and I can say that it is my favorite job. I remember solo healing Omen 18 people, and solo healing Dynamis D, but with all that praise and love from other people, also came the "abuse" of:

"THE WHM SUCKS CAUSE THEY CANT KEEP ME ALIVE AND I REFUSE TO WEAR A DT SET"

Anyway, I love WHM, and I will continue to put through with the abuse, but I understand why so many people dislike it.
[+]