Tips For New NIN's.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Tips for new NIN's.
Tips for new NIN's.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2010-01-14 15:24:44  
I feel like this dood made this thread just to start a flame war.
Anyone who has the desire to post a guide about something, you'd expect would know wtf he/she was talking about.

How can evasion help in XP party when the mob pretty much has capped acc on you? Not to mention the loss of other stats for said evasion.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-14 15:25:35  
I will disagree with everyone when they say evasion is *** <.<

Ok ok, i wont wear full eva, but some eva rings and sh really help overall no matter what lvl. I did this while still wearing my okote and did pretty well evawise.

What made it possible was actually yonin (countered with sushi or pizza so i could still dd) comboed with an eva set and blind (which is nin best friend imo - specially kurayami ni). Let's say yonin is +20 eva on avarage, +20 from said equip, +30 eva (-30 acc) from kura. That's -35% hit rate on any monster. You can go from ni to ni without haste on most mobs, and i speak it from experience too cause i leveled nin with a sch main healer friend set.

Anyway i think a nin should adapt. Fast paced pts it's ok to go full dmg (or if you got another tank). But slower pts that can potentially get you killed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2010-01-14 15:31:39  
What we should be talking about is how awesome Innin is when you aren't tanking!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:37:21  
Lakshmi.Bshizzle said:
What we should be talking about is how awesome Innin is when you aren't tanking!

Yonin ain't so bad either if you gear right.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-14 15:38:32  
I'd never really tried Innin until one Limbus run, I musta broke Senji at the same time cuz I had about 8 crits in a row
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:43:12  
Innin is great if your there to DD. Try Innin, ws gear swap, and blau dolch evisercration in nyzul isle bird camp. Pure win.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-14 15:43:50  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
VIT also affects the stick rate on Elegy, since why else would a BRD use a Terra's staff over an Earth staff.
Its an earth based song lol.
It was a joke. :<
THANK GOD! I read your otherposts on this site and you sound intelligent. So I was hoping that was a joke. If you don't know slow = earth you need to go back to pokemon.
Don't hate on Pokemon!! Anyway my sense of humor is a little off, don't worry.

Lol no not hating on pokemon, its just the first real RPG anyone can say they played that required you to think about the element of your target and the move you were going to perform. It didn't take long for you to realize that a pikachu wasn't going to do jack ***against brocks onyx. You could watch the show and see that for yourself. Unless ofcourse your like me and your first RPG was FF1 when you were like 6 years old. Then you learned quick that thunder on water mobs in the sunken cave was a good thing and that damn blackmage you chose at the start was a good choice after all.

You better not be, or my Umbreon will kill you in your sleep!! Admittedly, in my first playthrough of Pokemon(Red) I wasn't very tactical. However, my Charizard could pretty much destroy anything type disadvantage or not... I think it was level 70ish by Blaine. <___<; oh well, I learned after that....
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:47:08  
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
VIT also affects the stick rate on Elegy, since why else would a BRD use a Terra's staff over an Earth staff.
Its an earth based song lol.
It was a joke. :<
THANK GOD! I read your otherposts on this site and you sound intelligent. So I was hoping that was a joke. If you don't know slow = earth you need to go back to pokemon.
Don't hate on Pokemon!! Anyway my sense of humor is a little off, don't worry.
Lol no not hating on pokemon, its just the first real RPG anyone can say they played that required you to think about the element of your target and the move you were going to perform. It didn't take long for you to realize that a pikachu wasn't going to do jack ***against brocks onyx. You could watch the show and see that for yourself. Unless ofcourse your like me and your first RPG was FF1 when you were like 6 years old. Then you learned quick that thunder on water mobs in the sunken cave was a good thing and that damn blackmage you chose at the start was a good choice after all.
You better not be, or my Umbreon will kill you in your sleep!! Admittedly, in my first playthrough of Pokemon(Red) I wasn't very tactical. However, my Charizard could pretty much destroy anything type disadvantage or not... I think it was level 70ish by Blaine. <___<; oh well, I learned after that....

Yea I was a red player, charizard was pretty over powered, needed a nerf. Silver was my game tho, Umbreon and full darkness ghost type pokemon, i was unstopable.
[+]
By Azulmagia 2010-01-14 15:49:39  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Yea I was a red player, charizard was pretty over powered, needed a nerf. Silver was my game tho, Umbreon and full darkness ghost type pokemon, i was unstopable.

Wait, fire Pokemon were once good? This is news.

[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:52:29  
Azulmagia said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Wait, fire Pokemon were once good? This is news.

Yep once upon a time. All the pokemon games after pretty much favored the earth based pokemon, get him and a balanced team and you'll pwn the game in 2 days.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-14 15:54:14  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Yep once upon a time. All the pokemon games after pretty much favored the earth based pokemon, get him and a balanced team and you'll pwn the game in 2 days.

Well, you can beat the literal game itself with anything capable of learning four moves. Fire-types are nigh useless in metagame, though, especially today where Stealth Rock is everywhere :P
[+]
 Seraph.Pikachu
サーバ: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2010-01-14 15:55:23  
pokeman thread nows? :o hai
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:58:52  
Seraph.Pikachu said:

Official. Pikachu is here. Pokemon thread /start.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-01-14 15:59:52  
No, continue back to topic please.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2010-01-14 16:01:58  
My advise for new ninjas is don't level the job. It'll be your fav 75 job you'll never play.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-14 16:02:41  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Seraph.Pikachu said:
Official. Pikachu is here. Pokemon thread /start.
All right so how well does nin tank a pikachu?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 16:03:33  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

It was becoming a flame core. Read the entire thread please and tell me that the OP didn't intend to start such. I'm not derailing I'm redirecting the tracks into a more positive direction.
Bahamut.Pjohn said:
My advise for new ninjas is don't level the job. It'll be your fav 75 job you'll never play.

AMEN.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2010-01-14 16:12:16  
What do you say to a nin who is lvl 60?

To lvl or not to lvl.
By Azulmagia 2010-01-14 16:12:27  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
OP doesn't know what they're talking about.

...end thread?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-01-14 16:23:57  
Azulmagia said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

...end thread?

Not necessarily, people can prove the OP wrong and give advice to correct his/her errors. If you know he doesn't know what he's talking about, provide the right info for others. :)
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-14 16:25:54  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I vote that you should only respond to this thread if you have nin at 75 ( no exceptions) and you dont horribly suck at it (to not suck, you must be asked to main assist during dyna on your nin, and asked to be a back up tank or hell, your nin needs to nin/drk tank byakko in sky to not suck) then you can troll all you want ^^. Just my opinion. Does anyone really want to hear what lvl 37 nins have to say on the subject of nin? I'll gladly answer any question about the job, having pretty much one of the best nins on bahamut second to a few because they either a. have salvage or b. have more gear that I don't like the very good nin Phaedon.

I agree completely with that.

this should be copy pasted into every thread about any job, and simply change the job and examples of "Good at <job>"
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-14 16:26:52  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Azulmagia said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

...end thread?

Not necessarily, people can prove the OP wrong and give advice to correct his/her errors. If you know he doesn't know what he's talking about, provide the right info for others. :)

This is the FFXIAH forums, if you're wrong you're flamed.

I rarely see people give advice on why someone is wrong here, it saddens me.

Just people trying to be lolol witty saying /endthread.
[+]
By Azulmagia 2010-01-14 16:26:54  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I hope nobody takes that whole evasion thing seriously. The mob won't hit you, not because you're evading it, but because the target of the attack is someone who is actually doing damage worth a damn.

As for wheel for hate, will work early on, but no, you can't ride it to 75 thinking it'll keep hate the whole way (higher the level you go, more damage produced by DDs, less good the wheel will do for you). Going to waste a lot of money trying the wheel later on for no reason, because you still won't have hate.
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Pretty much NIN is broken up into two paradigms.
1-54 (The tanking levels)
54-75 (The ***no PLD, grab that NIN levels)

1-54 Evasion will be your primary stat. Get a THF, WAR/NIN and do the standard SATA. Things will be ok.

54-75 Damage will be your primary stat and evasion becomes less and less important since your damage dealers will be pulling hate off you very easily. You can try to counteract this with spamming the Ninjutsu wheel. I personally was able to hold hate for about 50% of the mobs life during 54-60. 60+ Forget about it, go full DD, swap in Enmity+ for Provoke and swap in Haste/Fastcast for Utsusemi. Try to hold hate... try being the key word =) You'll quickly understand the importance of a THF in party and RDM + BRD for haste.
Titan.Gennss said:
1-37 OMG GET IT OFF ME I NEED TO PUT UP ICHI levels
37-40 The i'm immortal levels (you die most often here)
40-50ish Elemental Wheel levels (Hey these spells aren't useless after all)

55+ TP Burn levels, if you need a tank grab a pld, if you can tp burn nin is just fine, work on your damage forget everything else

75+ Events, Situational, -dmg taken gear, + eva gear, +emnity gear, varies greatly.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-14 16:29:57  
So... you just posted here to spam/flame then?
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-14 16:31:17  
Also, it has never been the case where you have to be 75 to have a mote of knowledge about a job. If you make parties, you best know what other jobs are and aren't capable of doing else your party will fail, party members will complain, God kills kittens, etc.

Once you're in TP burn land, you better set yourself up for TP burn. The WHM needs to stop thinking they can ask the party to stop and full rest after every three mobs, NIN needs to stop thinking they can hold hate 100% of the time, BLM needs to find somewhere else to play.

That's just how it works.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So... you just posted here to spam/flame then?

No, OP was responded to, that was it. Thread went in another direction like all threads (eventually) do.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-14 16:32:26  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I vote that you should only respond to this thread if you have nin at 75 ( no exceptions)

I vote all people who say things like you can only talk about a job or ja if you have that job at 75 shouldn't be allowed to respond
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-14 16:34:00  
Azulmagia said:
Also, it has never been the case where you have to be 75 to have a mote of knowledge about a job. If you make parties, you best know what other jobs are and aren't capable of doing else your party will fail, party members will complain, God kills kittens, etc.

Once you're in TP burn land, you better set yourself up for TP burn. The WHM needs to stop thinking they can ask the party to stop and full rest after every three mobs, NIN needs to stop thinking they can hold hate 100% of the time, BLM needs to find somewhere else to play.

That's just how it works.

I'm sorry, someone who hasn't levelled a job to 75, doesn't have the necessary knowledge to give new <insert job here>'s tutorials.

The knowledge you get from levelling up with <insert job here> is no-where near enough to aid people who need it.

It's fine to post opinion, but unless you have the relevant experience, anything you say is a moot point.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-14 16:35:29  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I vote that you should only respond to this thread if you have nin at 75 ( no exceptions)

Responding to a thread != giving tutorials on a job.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 16:36:35  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I vote all people who say things like you can only talk about a job or ja if you have that job at 75 shouldn't be allowed to respond

Well just don't be like OMFGBBQSAUCE NIN FAILZZZZZ if your nin is lvl 37 and you use it as a sub for samurai. Amirite? How is that an educated opinion of a job and what it can and can not do in and out of exp party and endgame if the poster of such comment had no desire to see the job excel past sub cap.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 16:37:20  
Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Responding to a thread != giving tutorials on a job.

I like you ^^