Tips For New NIN's.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Tips for new NIN's.
Tips for new NIN's.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-14 16:40:03  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I vote that you should only respond to this thread if you have nin at 75 ( no exceptions)
I vote all people who say things like you can only talk about a job or ja if you have that job at 75 shouldn't be allowed to respond
Well just don't be like OMFGBBQSAUCE NIN FAILZZZZZ if your nin is lvl 37 and you use it as a sub for samurai. Amirite? How is that an educated opinion of a job and what it can and can not do in and out of exp party and endgame if the poster of such comment had no desire to see the job excel past sub cap.
You clearly don't get it. Just cause you haven't lvld something doesn't mean you can't know anything about it. Thinking so is mildly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-01-14 16:40:25  
Lol, the guy who resurrected this thread has some serious nerd-rage issues to work out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-01-14 16:46:18  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Not necessarily, people can prove the OP wrong and give advice to correct his/her errors. If you know he doesn't know what he's talking about, provide the right info for others. :)

Can we also continue to make fun of this post?
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
CHR helps you keep up your hate the more CHR you have the slower your hate dwindles down

Please? It's epic. The fact that it was part of a hate post calling the OP an idiot just makes it even better.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 16:48:40  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I vote that you should only respond to this thread if you have nin at 75 ( no exceptions)
I vote all people who say things like you can only talk about a job or ja if you have that job at 75 shouldn't be allowed to respond
Well just don't be like OMFGBBQSAUCE NIN FAILZZZZZ if your nin is lvl 37 and you use it as a sub for samurai. Amirite? How is that an educated opinion of a job and what it can and can not do in and out of exp party and endgame if the poster of such comment had no desire to see the job excel past sub cap.
You clearly don't get it. Just cause you haven't lvld something doesn't mean you can't know anything about it. Thinking so is mildly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

Mayyyy beeeee but you definately can't say from experience how well one thing is vs another for tanking, especially if your opinion is highly influenced by retards playing nin that gave you the impression all nins suck because the job sucks. amirite?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-01-14 16:48:57  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Not necessarily, people can prove the OP wrong and give advice to correct his/her errors. If you know he doesn't know what he's talking about, provide the right info for others. :)

Can we also continue to make fun of this post?
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
CHR helps you keep up your hate the more CHR you have the slower your hate dwindles down

Please? It's epic. The fact that it was part of a hate post calling the OP an idiot just makes it even better.

LoL I don't care as long as you give the correct advice.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-14 16:53:18  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Mayyyy beeeee but you definately can't say from experience how well one thing is vs another for tanking, especially if your opinion is highly influenced by retards playing nin that gave you the impression all nins suck because the job sucks. amirite?
Only if you pay absolutely no attention to what else is going on around you. Which granted I can say most DDs do. But really nin takes a bit more focus to do then pld cause well if shadows are down you got nothing. And so yeah I'd say you see more horrible nin tanks then plds but probably more awesome nins cause frankly when you doing it right it is awesome.

Still most healers should have a pretty good idea whats working and what isn't as it comes directly out of there mp lol.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-14 17:11:44  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Only if you pay absolutely no attention to what else is going on around you. Which granted I can say most DDs do. But really nin takes a bit more focus to do then pld cause well if shadows are down you got nothing. And so yeah I'd say you see more horrible nin tanks then plds but probably more awesome nins cause frankly when you doing it right it is awesome. Still most healers should have a pretty good idea whats working and what isn't as it comes directly out of there mp lol.

Das...cause if the healer is out of MP after the third mob then they suck, not the NIN since they couldn't keep shadows up.

/sarcasm

What do I know about NIN since I'm only 37 and sub it. Can't take into the account of having healed countless of NIN tanks on BLM, WHM and RDM. Nuking on BLM and NIN was happy I took hate so they could recast shadows or even playing backup heal cause they sucked the MP out of the RDM or WHM. Nope, none of that gives us the right to post in this thread.

As far as I was taught was EVA until 37 and then after that is when you start sticking some DD gear. Once you get your Ele. Wheel then you use that until ~50. I can for sure say THF is really a needed job for NIN to help with hate control otherwise they're nothing more than a MP sponge.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-14 17:15:03  
If you have the money and have lvld throwing shurikens work as good as the wheel sometimes better. At least until they get rediculously expensive
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-14 17:17:31  
Well that's what COR and RNG is all about though. Got gil then lvl those jobs.

Throwing will leave your bank dry, that's for sure. I know I didn't touch it at all since I was under the impression that "NIN lolthrow?"

Maybe I should get on it and sit in the dunes skilling it.

I really see this job being played all sorts of ways, but with people being greedy about how much exp they get per hour then this job is only as good as a filler DD job if anything.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-14 17:20:02  
I threw till 37. Wasn't too bad money wise and the dps is kinda insane.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-01-14 17:21:10  
i level sync'd nin to 75 mostly. never have a chance to play it in merit parties b/c i always play bard. though honestly, i'd not want to try it b/c my gear for nin isn't top notch. maybe when i get it where i want it, i'd want to try it. never mind that though. i want to get to my point on the topic.

i personally feel strongly about evasion as the OP pointed out. i feel with a solid enmity+ (enmity+10 minimum and the more the better) set, a NIN can ride provoke and kuryami. in fact, at 52, i used defender and earth staff for a colibri party once just riding on provoke kuryami and sata. at 52, those birds are just nasty as hell and i was taking a beating so i just turtled up, and i held hate just fine. when i lost hate i'd use katanas again. i felt the loss of tp was insignificant b/c more often than not i was losing my tp anyways. at 57, when i got SH, i could evade them very consistently and the earth staff and defender went the way of the dodo. this was pre-yonin as well.

i personally feel as well that casting shadows takes away from dps. if i don't have to constantly cast utsusemi ichi, i am dealing more damage. i tried the 'haubergeon' nin where i try to hold hate by dealing damage, but for me, it was easier to use a solid mixture of evasion and accuracy and use enfeeblement and provoke to hold hate. i also felt that this enabled me to keep berserk constant whereas i can only imagine a less evasive NIN (esp against colibri at 55ish) would be afraid to do that. a single peckling fury can be harsh w/ berserk up.

i say all of this as a gear swap ***. i have a macro for full evasion, full acc, full haste, a mix etc etc for whatever i feel i need. so i always tweak my build for w/e i'm doing as i'm doing it. almost always i used full evasion for exp. *monsters will not have capped hit rate against you if you do this*. unless there's a severe disparity in the levels, this will not be the case. and here's the exception.

imps in particular are pointless to try to evade because you simply can't stick blind. it won't stick. even using full evasion, i couldn't notice a difference. as a bonus though, they waste time casting spells, and your dps players can't WS mid-fight always. so the concept of nin dealing damage to hold hate is very real against these guys. and i used haub, etc against them til I got Ohat at 70 when I swapped to chainmail. i feel that if you can support chainmail (i.e hitrate is solid) it's the best.

sorry for writing a book, so

tl;dr version: my personal experience says evasion works if you can blind the target w/ kuryami. make sure you have at least enmity+10 for provoke macro and kuryami macro.

thanks
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-01-14 17:38:21  
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
I agree Evasion is jack ***come after Lv 54ish in the game.. Throw away your Scorpian harness buy an Hauby 1 and unleash your fury apon vanadiel. I agree with Vegetto the Elemental Wheel will NOT hold you to 75 drop it as soon as you get blade Jin at what... 60? Blade: Jin is your best friend.. OH and what did he state about keeping hate?

Fairy.Specopsz said:
many people will go for Dexterity, for keeping hate. But if you have enough evasion, and Agility you should be pretty set.

are you a *** moron....? Dex helps you with your critical hit rate and you accuracy you twit CHR helps you keep up your hate the more CHR you have the slower your hate dwindles down Why do you think PLD gear is Packed full of Enmity and CHR ... simple fix though people ... dont listen do this twit if you want an invite after party 1...

Thank you for reading

Guy uses Unji and Unsho instead of Senji + Perdu or Senji + Fudo

obv. a fail Ninja
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2010-01-14 17:58:28  
Hes been fail since I remembered him.
 Alexander.Elkhorn
サーバ: Alexander
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2010-01-15 02:46:35  
ya i use unji and unsho. NIN 1 isnt my main 2 im not on alexander anymore so thats WAY the *** out dated lol and 2 ya i may fail... but atleast i fail with style =^.^= unlike some people on cerberus server.
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-15 07:48:07  
is this a serious thread? ._.;
 Alexander.Elkhorn
サーバ: Alexander
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2010-01-15 10:11:10  
Remora.Abriel said:
is this a serious thread? ._.;

Sad isn't it.
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-01-15 10:14:20  
You guys realize I made this thread off acid?
I just wanted to clear that up.
And congrats to the ***' who actually went back through the threads to find this. My hat is tipped to you sir.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-15 10:22:51  
So?
 Fairy.Specopsz
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-01-15 10:24:05  
Fairy.Spence said:
So?
So?
I think its hilarious how people took this thread seriously.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-15 10:26:15  
'Tis FF forums
I've come to expect it
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-15 10:45:45  
Fairy.Specopsz said:
Fairy.Spence said:
So?
So?
I think its hilarious how people took this thread seriously.
SRS thread is SRS!
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-01-15 10:46:04  
OMGOMGOMG OH MY GOSH I want tips to be a good nin!!!!!!! tips!! OMGYES@!@@@@@
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-15 10:46:19  
Fairy.Specopsz said:
You guys realize I made this thread off acid? I just wanted to clear that up. And congrats to the ***' who actually went back through the threads to find this. My hat is tipped to you sir.

I don't believe you. Pony up and be a man! Admit you retract your statements! XD
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-15 18:56:47  
*IF* you're tanking on Ninja at 75 and using Katanas, you're doing it wrong.. Period.

Nin/Drk is by way more efficient at tanking than Nin/War using Katanas. You feed the mob less TP, and you're not relying on crap damage on a single handed weapon and provoke to hold hate versus /DRK hate tools.

Nin/War is just as outdated as tanking as Pld/War. If you're doing this, chances are the hardest thing you've ever fought is most likely in dynamis and/or sky..

Nin is a more efficient hate generation machine than PLD, however, PLD is better equipped to tank due to its durability and better gear selection. You can't hit max MDT on NIN like you can on PLD. PLD offers Shield Mastery whereas NIN are easily interrupted virtually anytime they are hit casting shadows. PLD has Sentinel for those sticky instances something went terribly wrong. PLD has Cover in case your co-tank is in serious trouble and you are SOMEHOW unable to pull hate immediately.

Imo, Nin/Drk requires too much support to make it wortwhile and even then, a PLD with the same time of support will outshine a NIN in virtually every situation. This is assuming both players are of equal skill and gear is on the same level..
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-15 19:13:08  
Fairy.Maimed said:
*IF* you're tanking on Ninja at 75 and using Katanas, you're doing it wrong.. Period.

Nin/Drk is by way more efficient at tanking than Nin/War using Katanas. You feed the mob less TP, and you're not relying on crap damage on a single handed weapon and provoke to hold hate versus /DRK hate tools.

Nin/War is just as outdated as tanking as Pld/War. If you're doing this, chances are the hardest thing you've ever fought is most likely in dynamis and/or sky..

Nin is a more efficient hate generation machine than PLD, however, PLD is better equipped to tank due to its durability and better gear selection. You can't hit max MDT on NIN like you can on PLD. PLD offers Shield Mastery whereas NIN are easily interrupted virtually anytime they are hit casting shadows. PLD has Sentinel for those sticky instances something went terribly wrong. PLD has Cover in case your co-tank is in serious trouble and you are SOMEHOW unable to pull hate immediately.

Imo, Nin/Drk requires too much support to make it wortwhile and even then, a PLD with the same time of support will outshine a NIN in virtually every situation. This is assuming both players are of equal skill and gear is on the same level..
Not entirely true. For instance, what if you're low-manning something and only have three people; NIN, BRD, and RDM? You going to just let the RDM DoT it to death when you're more than capable of putting out some damage?
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-15 19:35:23  
when did this become a nin v. pld thread? (I skipped a page that looked like nonsense)

if you're talking solo tanking for big NMs, yeah a good pld's got it covered. but, in a co-tank situation pld/nin+nin/drk is the best combo because of the varied playstyle of each. spiking hate can be symbiotic through the use of soul-katana(I'm not sure if the plural is katanas, but it looks wrong, lol) and pld's cures (souleater is the only time katana become viable in these situations as the low enmity gain through damage is outweighed by the amount that can potentially be saved when taking a hit with earth/terra's staff). having a spamable stuner for enemies that don't build a high resistance is more than useful too.

nin/war is mainly a first voke for merit level enemies where a well built nin can potentially deal damage on a more or less equal level of other DDs. we all know that a good spike in damage early on can pretty easily tear hate off even the best nin/war, but as it's not always the case and leaving the enemy with the ability to turn on 'squishy' jobs can be dangerous. I know wars have voke (and drks stun) too, but there's a growing trend in 2-h/sams who don't care about taking damage (ride hasso regardless of the situation and don't bother with a -%damage build) that don't understand that the mp used on them can be put to better use in constant fighting.

even though nin's become a dated job it's still viable for many situations, and hell it's fun too, lol.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-15 19:46:35  
Fairy.Specopsz said:
You guys realize I made this thread off acid? I just wanted to clear that up. And congrats to the ***' who actually went back through the threads to find this. My hat is tipped to you sir.

Acid is great, never leaves your system, crack your back and WHOA MAN I"M TRIPPING BALLZZZ 1ONE1ONE111ONE!!!one!!!
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-01-15 20:47:25  
ok here is how it goes

Run to the mob

2hr

get 100,000exp

hp and the pt is over

dont forget to thank them for how awesome you are

D:
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-01-25 18:58:40  
Quote:
I vote that you should only respond to this thread if you have nin at 75 ( no exceptions) and you dont horribly suck at it (to not suck, you must be asked to main assist during dyna on your nin, and asked to be a back up tank or hell, your nin needs to nin/drk tank byakko in sky to not suck) then you can troll all you want ^^. Just my opinion. Does anyone really want to hear what lvl 37 nins have to say on the subject of nin? I'll gladly answer any question about the job, having pretty much one of the best nins on bahamut second to a few because they either a. have salvage or b. have more gear that I don't like the very good nin Phaedon.

Nin 75 -- Check
Fully merited -- Check
Main assist as nin -- Check
Back up tank -- Check
Main Tank -- Check (plds have issues holding hate, seriously)
Nin/Drk tank Byakko -- Check

Solo every day ( the not so easy *** )

So do i qualify?

You still need eva setups, haste setups, -pdt/mdt setups, enmity setups than and only then can you actually say youre doing your job right. Piling on haste and windmilling at a target isnt the only thing you are capable of or should be doing.