Tips For New NIN's.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Tips for new NIN's.
Tips for new NIN's.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Caitsith.Trefold
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-04-29 01:10:06  
Ifrit.Kawasaki said:
Caitsith.Trefold said:
Why the Ninjutsu torque for Utsu: Ni?

higher ninjitsu skill- less chance of being interrupted.

He's got a spell interruption set though, why not just use Ritter Gorget for Ni if you're not going the full interruption.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-29 01:21:55  
i was also wondering why the shuriken instead of boomerang or something for ichi, when weapons are swapped (so you lose tp anyway)
 Lakshmi.Malicious
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Malicious
By Lakshmi.Malicious 2010-04-29 01:42:04  
Emnity.
 Ramuh.Johanna
By Ramuh.Johanna 2010-04-29 05:02:51  
Asura.Despayn said:
Wut? PLD is gear dependent also, whats your point? If anything, NIN tanking endgame requires less gear, and easier to get gear than a PLD does. i.e, a NIN/DRK can do pretty well with strictly AH gear on most mobs in this game. Notice I said well, not excellent.
Yes, all jobs are gear dependent. Ninjas with proper gearsets (even if it is NQ AH gears) will make a good tank with proper support. However, to stand out from the stereotypical Ninja tank that requires proper support, one needs to invest a good deal of effort on itemsets.

Asura.Despayn said:
There's so many things I've tanked on NIN/DRK with mediocre gear its ridiculous. One of my most notable accomplishments is 100%'ing Byakko solo tank, which is extremely hard to do. Was my gear perfect? Faaaaaaaaaaaar from it, but it did the trick. Of course, NIN is nothing without the proper support. This is where it is very different from PLD imo.

Certain monsters that have multi-shadow removing abilities/weaponskills/etc., along with the potential to one-shot a Ninja require what you call proper support. All tanks require some form of proper support to actively fight an HNM. I will disagree with your comment that PLDs can get by with less. If the HNM is evasion tankable, there is no doubt that PLDs will require more support than a Ninja.

When an NM/HNM that is evasion tankable needs to be held while people are recovering or are gathering, Ninjas show their true potential for requiring LESS support than other tanks.

I had an opportunity to hold Khimaira solo as NIN/DRK for 15+ mins without getting hit. I am not saying a PLD cannot hold Khimaira for that long solo. However, without any support, it would require some effort for a PLD while an evasion Ninja with ZERO support can do this effortlessly AND indefinitely.

Another monster that allows a well geared Ninja to shine on is Oupire. Due to random competition from people that check Oupire while passing by, I am forced to claim solo while waiting for my friends to gather. A Paladin without any support would in my opinion (correct me if I am wrong) would have a harder time holding this monster for anything over 15 minutes.

Asura.Despayn said:
A PLD has a lot of ***in their reserves in case ***hits the fan. If a NIN has shadows and not a proper physical/magic reduction set, that NIN is pretty much ***. From what I've noticed, NIN needs a lot more support than PLD for some mobs.

Notice my key words!

Yes, Paladins have more abilities and spells to prolong their life expectancy. This is precisely the reason why playing as a good Ninja tank is more difficult and is more gear dependent than a Paladin. Like you said, a PDT/MDT set is a must and a Ninja's equipment must be a better assortment of gears than one would place on a Paladin to get equal results.

I believe you are getting confused between a Ninja's tanking ability with the idea of the tank support. Any job with a Haste set, Hate generating tools, and /NIN can tank most of the HNM that are currently in the game. All that is needed is proper support.

Do you remember (before the song enmity nerf) when HNMs would be tanked by a BRD/NIN?
Bards have access to many Haste gears, along with Chocobo Mazurka, and proper support, were holding solid hate on HNMs, practically solo tanking (since no other job could steal hate away besides another BRD/NIN).

Your usage of the term proper support is a bit vague to me. In my original post, I was writing about how an Evasion Ninja would require less support if they placed an emphasis on many itemsets. Not trying to spark a Ninja versus Paladin debate, but a Paladin can get away with less emphasis on itemsets and be just as effective due to their innate traits/abilities.

I hope I cleared up any confusion I may have brought upon people. I have more itemsets in my profile if anyone is interested in seeing what other situations Ninjas should be prepared for. I welcome any criticism! I wish to continually better my Ninja.^^

PS Notice my key words too!
 Ramuh.Johanna
By Ramuh.Johanna 2010-04-29 05:48:05  
Caitsith.Trefold said:
Ifrit.Kawasaki said:
Caitsith.Trefold said:
He's got a spell interruption set though, why not just use Ritter Gorget for Ni if you're not going the full interruption.

The purpose of the Ninjutsu Torque is due to Ninjutsu Skill affecting the number of shadows absorbed via certain AOE moves.

FFXI.9.14.2004.Version.Update said:
The effectiveness of the ninjutsu "Utsusemi" now relies on the type of attack that is being used on the caster. When attacked, the following five outcomes can occur:

Caster evades attack and one "copy image" is lost.
This normally occurs when the caster is hit with a single physical or magical attack.

The number of lost copy images varies.
This normally occurs when the caster is hit with an area attack such as Whirl of Rage. The number of copy images lost (and extra damage taken) is calculated by taking into account the potency of the attack as well as the caster's current ninjutsu skill level.

All copy images are lost and the caster takes damage.
This normally occurs when the caster is hit with an area attack spell such as Firega.

The caster takes damage without losing any of his/her copy images.
This normally occurs when the caster is hit with breath, or self-destruct type attacks.

The caster is enfeebled without losing any of his/her copy images.
This normally occurs when the caster is hit with an enfeebling spell that does not inflict damage, such as Silence.
====================================

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i was also wondering why the shuriken instead of boomerang or something for ichi, when weapons are swapped (so you lose tp anyway)

The Ichi itemset I posted was for normal meleeing situations (when I do not want to lose TP).

For HNMs, I use my Ungur Boomerang in my Ichi set.

====================================

Phoenix.Degs said:
So, why wouldnt you idle in evasion gear and switch to DD gear for ws, haste/eva gear for shadows.. etc... kinda like plds do, for their dd/tank/haste setups.. idle and then dd gear... or post 60's would you totally scrap all eva gear period for nin..

Note: i dont plan on taking nin past 49 for sub purposes.. just curious on this point..

Your suggestion is great for normal monsters or NMs that Ninjas are able to melee. The TP phase gearset is situational. Usually a low-delay, haste, dual-wield bonus set should be utilized. However, there are cases when evasion is needed to ride out your shadows while waiting for recast.
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-04-29 11:00:19  
most well practiced nin realize that evasion builds (when engaged idle) in merit level events are somewhat pointless because you're throwing away damage potential for survivability in an area where you're already barely keeping up with the hate generation of decent DDs (while it's a nice idea after being first voke you should plan to lose hate, when that does happen all you are is another DD). most enemies at this level won't survive long enough for the increase in survivability to be a true benefit either.

out of all of nin's possible damage builds, the speed build with high amounts of acc (where viable) is probably the strongest. this is the set I've worked on perfecting for myself (missing several pieces myself still), after haste/dual wield gear you want to load acc everywhere possible to allow yourself to be able to use pizza and keep within the mid-high 80% acc range (nin suffers from low acc, but also low atk). with this mixture of gear and buffs you can reach an acceptable acc rate along with ~1.6+ pdif range (pre- outside atk buffs/berzerk) and a very quick auto-attack rate putting you close to par with most decent DDs.

this isn't to say there's no place for an evasion build, it does have it's uses, but there's always a situation where one gear set's benefits will out weigh those of another.
 Asura.Despayn
サーバ: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-29 12:09:53  
You made a lot of points I agree with, but that wasn't what I was arguing. I was arguing your first statement when you said that NIN tanking was extremely gear dependent. My point being is so is PLD, so that's not really anything worth mentioning.

I know what NIN is capable of. Back when I gave a ***about this game more than I do now, I use to be religious about NIN tanking/holding, and it was all I really ever wanted to do. However, I've lost too much interest in this game to invest time needed to improve it.

Leviathan.Abriel said:
most well practiced nin realize that evasion builds (when engaged idle) in merit level events are somewhat pointless because you're throwing away damage potential for survivability in an area where you're already barely keeping up with the hate generation of decent DDs (while it's a nice idea after being first voke you should plan to lose hate, when that does happen all you are is another DD). most enemies at this level won't survive long enough for the increase in survivability to be a true benefit either.

out of all of nin's possible damage builds, the speed build with high amounts of acc (where viable) is probably the strongest. this is the set I've worked on perfecting for myself (missing several pieces myself still), after haste/dual wield gear you want to load acc everywhere possible to allow yourself to be able to use pizza and keep within the mid-high 80% acc range (nin suffers from low acc, but also low atk). with this mixture of gear and buffs you can reach an acceptable acc rate along with ~1.6+ pdif range (pre- outside atk buffs/berzerk) and a very quick auto-attack rate putting you close to par with most decent DDs.

this isn't to say there's no place for an evasion build, it does have it's uses, but there's always a situation where one gear set's benefits will out weigh those of another.

No NIN should ever use evasion at any level. Evasion is very over-rated, and you're better off focusing on damage than evasion when it comes to tanking, since NINs main source of hate comes from damage anyway.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 12:11:14  
I think EVA is super awesome when soloing
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
サーバ: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-29 12:15:31  

FFXIAH, where arguments happen over and over and over and over again...

Sylph.Kozuki
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-29 12:54:11  
Ifrit.Kawasaki said:
Caitsith.Trefold said:

...lol..........
 Asura.Despayn
サーバ: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-29 19:40:06  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I think EVA is super awesome when soloing

Forgot to specify haha, but its obvious all NINs should have an evasion set. It just honestly has no room in an exp party.
By Devaraja 2010-05-01 01:38:38  
Ramuh.Johanna said:
Leviathan.Abriel said:
sounds like there's a lot of phail around these days. if you wanna argue about tank job phail due to the player not being able to fold utsusemi, you automatically say any end-game shadow tank sucks when in fact you're actually complaining that the shadow tanks you've played with don't know how to properly fold or that their support doesn't know how to cover their *** in 'oh ***' situations. true, pld's can totally negate interruptions with shield blocks, but even with a capped block rate they're still going to fail casting in those situations about half the time. now if you want to argue about hate gain while end-game tanking, pld/nin can probably get the best initial spike through the use of sentinel other hate tools. after the initial spike rdm/nin will destroy any other job on steady hate gain because of the sheer number of spammable tools and fast cast trait, followed by nin/drk and finally pld/nin. here's where things get tricky. geared with the appropriate gear sets and given proper support, the only thing that separates nin/drk, pld/nin and rdm/nin is the amount of player skill needed to play the job properly. pld/nin is by far the simplest of the three, it's low stress as you can survive damage for a prolonged duration w/o shadows and there aren't a lot of actions that you need to worry about handling in order to do your job. nin/drk takes the middle ground, it involves more tools to utilize and can get stressful when you're w/o shadows for a prolonged period, you must also be more aware of how the flow of the battle is going so you can prepare your action timings. rdm/nin takes the most skill as you have even more tools to use than nin/drk, timing the use of actions becomes more critical, you need to be aware of the status on additional buffs (stoneskin phailanx mostly), and you need to be aware of your hate compared to your co-tanks hate (pld/nin and nin/drk are on a much more similar hate gain rate when compared to rdm/nin which leaves both in the dust). now about merit range enemies. I'm not sure how many good nin/wars you've ever seen, but a good one with optimized builds will keep up with other DD/nins overly well (if your DDs are subbing sam during merit range events they either; have enough buffs where taking damage isn't an issue, are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, or are dead gods, lol). hell, the only real time I tend to lose hate as nin/war is when a DD tosses out a high damage move (good WS or T4 nuke) upon engagement. but, it's really not an issue, if the enemy lasts long enough I usually end up with hate through pure dmg or it dies (sure there are a few other times where the DD just dies instead, but that's their fault for not being able to survive hate, lol). to sum it up, player phail and job limitations are different, learn to recognize them before you state a weak opinion (I don't mind feeding trolls when I'm bored if their argument is easily stomped, lol).

The best advice so far in this thread for aspiring Ninjas.

The lolNIN stereotype is there for a reason. People expecting the Ninja job to play like other jobs are in for disappointment. For those wanting to play Ninja to the max, need to realize that Ninja is extremely gear dependent along with needing the will to play on another plane to stand out.

Here are a few of my itemsets I use for Ninja.
*Note* The links provide details on the itemsets ie multiple swaps, reasoning, items still needed, etc.

Enmity

Utsusemi: Ichi

Utsusemi: Ni

Ninjutsu Skill

Physical Damage Down

Maximum Evasion

Yes, most of these gears are very difficult to obtain. The good news is that Ninjas can get NQ gears to make a difference. Just be prepared to carry many item sets with you.

There is one omission to the HNM tanking which Fenrir.Nightfyre pointed to earlier.
Full evasion tanking is possible on Ninja for most HNM in the game. For all the naysayers that point out enmity issues for evasion Ninjas need to realize that once you cap hate, it is just a matter of recapping quick enough to hold solid hate.

As a NIN/DRK or NIN/RDM, the spell Poison allows you to keep VE for a low MP cost and low cast/recast timer. The spell Sleep is also needed for CE diminishing as shadows absorb your damage and you take damage from time to time. The full evasion setup allows one to ride out shadows for a long time offsetting the lowering of CE.

Examples of where this is MP saving for the mages... comes from being able to hold monsters solo for significant amounts of time before friends show up.

A sample list of NMs that are evasion tankable:

Bahamut, Cerberus, Khimaira, King Vinegarroon, Oupire (as NIN/DRK for Stun; yes I know this is not an HNM but try holding this solo for 15 mins), Sandworm, Tiamat (needs a RDM/WHM with Enhancing Magic Skill 300 for Barfira), etc.

Someone mentioned that a good guide is needed to steer beginning Ninjas in the right direction. I think there are already good enough guides; we just need more emphasis on maximizing gear sets.

Just curious here... How does that Ichi set work? Do you completely forego haste in order to maximize the spell interruption rate down? or do you swap in haste at some point? I'd love to know how this works so I can try it out on my own sometime.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kireina
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-05-01 01:54:53  
Devaraja said:
Just curious here... How does that Ichi set work? Do you completely forego haste in order to maximize the spell interruption rate down? or do you swap in haste at some point? I'd love to know how this works so I can try it out on my own sometime.

Yes, that is the idea. With haste+marches from your support, by the time a non-haste-gear ichi gets wiped out, your full-haste Ni should be ready to be cast again. So the idea is to ensure that ichi goes off even if you get hit (cause an interrupt means getting hit again before you're able to recast).

*If you use spellcast, however, you can configure it to swap in haste gear just before casting ends (which is the point at which nothing can interrupt you). Best of both worlds.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-05-01 05:59:48  
for your eva set Alert Ring is pretty easy to get from T2 VNM.
By Inga 2010-05-02 05:22:45  
Although its true that evasion is not something you should fully depend upon, it is there to be used, and used properly it can be a very devastating weapon to use while tanking.

While having Kurayami up on a mob(because RDMs should never merit Blind II!) this set has served me very well while solo holding, kiting mobs for a very long time, my reasoning behind not using bat earrings is because I noticed that there is a cap on Evasion skill, Evasion + and AGI for NMs, where after you hit a certain point in one category, it eventually hurts you more then you can benefit from, the set listed is an equal balance that has worked amazingly against HNMS.

NIN is an amazing job for end game, provided that you are not in a linkshell that turns their back on the thought of having a Ninja tank for them, it is incredibly difficult at first to tank on the job, but eventually you learn the ropes and things become a hell of a lot easier.

I've tanked as NIN/RDM, NIN/DRK, and I tried NIN/BLU but it didn't work that well, its probably one of the few heavy gear dependent jobs in the game, probably on par to what a great SCH, or RDM should have, you should be blinking very frequently to the point where your WHM sends you a tell asking you to slow down.

Johanna provided a great deal of information for what to expect, and what to use for tanking, s/he is a great inspiration to look to, posts all gear sets on the site, and listed with great information which will help you a lot. Hell they're my inspiration for even thinking about being NIN main for end game because of all the challenge it provides, also my drive to make Kikoku :< damn attestation.

It really is a great job, most people see it as a black sheep and turn it away, but used properly, and setup just right, NIN is on par with just about any other job in this game, it just takes dedication to the job, a lot of work, a lot of effort, and may even be a bit stressful at times, when it comes to the successes and failures of your career with the job.

I hope when I return in October/November, that the level increases are done, and new gear is available for the job, and it becomes an even more amazing job then it already is.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-05-02 06:32:40  
I agree with most of that, but I think I'd still use byakko's for the legs just to keep shadows flowing better.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-05-02 06:54:43  
it looks like an evasion set, not an ichi set, to me.
By Zekko 2010-05-02 08:13:11  
Inga said:

Nice setup, i havent tried EVA setups on HNM's, i usually have a haste set + ENM set + PDT set. Do they miss alot?
By Inga 2010-05-02 19:49:03  
When I tank Groundkings, I keep the following sets on me.

(Haste)

Haste for Ichi/Ni

Interruption Rate

I swap into this after the 15% mark in casting Ichi spells, I notice the effect of haste carries over, and the effect of the interruption rate hold as well, I am only able to do this tho because of spell cast :(

(Ninjutsu)

Enfeeble for when we first start out, so I can get the mob slowed, blinded, paralyzed.

(Enmity)

I use this primarily for Job Abilitys Soul Eater, Yonin, and Last Resort, when I spell spam, I place haste in certain areas where I can, as it puts out more hate then a full enmity cast over time.

(TP)

When I have the opportunity, I DD for hate, over spell spam, and it tends to work out slightly better.

(PDT)

50% PDT set, works wonders when Faf/Nid/KingBehe/Khim(I know not groundking) wipes your shadows with a single TP move, and you need to wait a moment before you start casting Ichi.

(Kamu..)

I know this looks .. bizarre.. but trust me on this, I've been playing around with Kamu enough to say this truly does work, the INT on the WS is dependent on the potency of the Accuracy Down effect, the only thing that determines the length of the Accuracy Down, is the amount of TP before use, I have not experienced a case where the effect did not activate, so I keep this set with me at almost all times.

Cerberus.Oulanbator
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-05-03 02:41:07  
I don't think I ever saw Kamu resisted. I'm quite surprised about the effect of acc down changing with more int but it sounds possible. Do you have any way to test this ?

Also, something I didn't see in this thread yet is a nuking setup for Nin/Rdm tanking (might work with Nin/Drk, just not as well):
NRdm Nuke:

(add corresponding ele staff)

Nukes are mostly useful for HNM tanking. Nukes aren't a great tool to build hate (compared to blind dispel sleep), but it's a really great tool to maintain hate once you reach the cap.
Nuking serves a double purpose: it's an Mp free hate tool, so it allows more margin to cast other stuff (like SS or Cure III) and it deals damage, speeding up the fight to some extent.

I saw San spells doing 150~200 Dmg on high lv mobs such as Jailers or Tinnin. A 200 dmg nuke on lv 89 mob generates 260 CE / 786 VE. In comparison, a cure III generates 140 CE / 828 VE.
By Inga 2010-05-03 03:05:47  
Luckily you're a Hume, not everyone can get away with a Ninjutsu :San or :Ni wheel spam, as a Mithra, I found it very difficult to push high numbers.

In head spot I would have used Koga Hatsuburi, having access to things like Novio would replace stealth, Omega ring is a nice alternative if you don't have another snow ring.

If your not a race that has access to a rope that has INT on it, I would strongly suggest Koga Sarashi, I know M.acc is important, and that I mentioned an INT ring over a M.acc & INT ring, but I rarely saw a need for M.acc against HNMS, especially if going in proper order of the wheel, a resist would be 91, and a unresist would be 170~ish majority of the time I would see unresist, I would ofcourse be using HQ staves tho :)

Cerberus.Oulanbator
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-05-03 09:13:01  
I think the main issue with our nukes is people associate nukes to Blms and try to behave like Blms, using the same tools. This will not grant good results, because our spells works differently.

Int is our best stat when nuking with Ninja. It's really important because San nukes have a really low base damage: 115 at best (Thunder III is 345).

When casting a nuke, the dINT value is the difference between your INT and your target's INT. When this value is positive (you have more int), it's multiplied by 1.5 and added to the base damage of the spell. It means every point of positive dINT adds +1.5 damage. When your dINT is negative (you have less int) its value is removed from the base damage of the spell. It means each point of negative dINT removes 1 point of damage.

Having a strong dINT is really important because our spell base damage sucks. Multiplying our weak base damage by Mab (or enhance ninjutsu) percents isn't really good because we multiply a weak value. Let's compare Doton: San (115) and blizzard III(345). Let's look at the damage bonus you get from 20 Mab

Doton: 115*0.2= 23. Each point of Mab adds +1.1 Dmg, while every point of positive dINT is +1.5 Dmg.
Thunder III: 345*0.2=69. Each point of Mab means around +3.5 Dmg, while every point of positive dINT is only +1.5 Dmg.
Conclusion: MAB is better for jobs with strong base damage nukes. Int is better for jobs with low base damage nukes.

Also, the negative dINT is worse for Ninja than for jobs like Blm or Rdm, because once again our spell base dmg is too weak. Let's say you have -20 dINT.

Doton: 115-20= 95. That's a loss of 17% of your base damage.
ThunderIII: 345-20= 325. That's only a loss of 5.5% of your base damage.

Ninja is way more dependent on Int than on enhance Ninjutsu. We already have a lot of MAB from /rdm (+20), from maxed San spells (+20) and we also have the elemental staves bonuses. There is no need to add much more until some point.

I don't think Races and RSE does a huge difference. Each race (using RSE Waist/belt or weaker items if no RSE boosts Int) is between 75 Int (Taru) and 67 Int(Elvaan). Any serious Int setup will push any race far enough beyond the positive dINT point to make this work.
To be honest, my current nuking setup have -10 Int than the one I posted above (cheap choices, since I don't get to use Nin much I'm not bothering).

Everyone can tweak their nuke setup the way they like, but I'm quite confident Int is the main stat to focus on until you reach consistently a certain point in damage output.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-03 21:08:06  
was int ever tested to effect macc for ninjutsu?

also, where would an elemental ninjutsu build be used outside of setting up for allies' nukes? just kind of curious here because it doesn't seem like a reasonable way to normally deal damage seeing as you'll be feeding the enemy insane amounts of tp spamming the wheel.
 Cerberus.Oulanbator
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-05-05 06:45:46  
As said above, I'm mostly using these as a tool to keep hate capped when tanking HNMs-like mobs. The TP feed is probably lower than a Pld using joyeuse, and the more people will be meleing, the less it will matter anyways.

I'm not spamming the wheel though, because it's quite hard to do while tanking. On top of that, it's only possible to max out a couple San spells.

I don't know if it would be possible to fully tank through the wheel. Maybe.
 Lakshmi.Malicious
user: Malicious
By Lakshmi.Malicious 2010-05-05 15:29:23  
Ok, lemme get this straight, ninjutsu gives mobs tp? and if so, how much tp per spell?

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-05-05 15:39:27  
Lakshmi.Malicious said:
Ok, lemme get this straight, ninjutsu gives mobs tp? and if so, how much tp per spell?

I know Dia and Bio gives mobs 5TP per land if they do initial damage. I would think Ninjutsu should be the same.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 15:44:04  
the damage spells do, it's the same as blm dmg spells (10 tp/hit), but is reduced by subtle blow (so 7 tp/hit with fully merited subtle blow and no gear). and just to add, if a pld is tping in a situation where they shouldn't be I'd consider it phail, lol.

in the case of using ele. ninjutsu for hate, wouldn't you want to toss enmity in there? just trying to to figure out what would really be optimized for such a build.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-05-05 15:50:46  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Caitsith.Trefold said:
Ifrit.Kawasaki said:
Caitsith.Trefold said:

Does it really require a ninjitsu set for a 1.5 second casting time!?

Just make a NIN oshi macro and your good.

If that is a nin ohshi macro set, why the brutal, rajas, byakko and marine? Wouldn't you want to put something that either reduces damage or increases evasion?
 Cerberus.Oulanbator
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-05-05 16:46:14  
Leviathan.Abriel said:
in the case of using ele. ninjutsu for hate, wouldn't you want to toss enmity in there? just trying to to figure out what would really be optimized for such a build.
That's a good question. 3enm or 5Mab or 2Int will get you more or less the same enmity in the end.
It might be worth it to replace dmg by enmity if you can sacrifice little dmg for a lot of enmity, but I'm not sure this can be done. However, using enm when you lack a dmg stat is probably a good idea.

The good thing when nuking is you can full time Yonin, since acc doesn't matter.