Game: FFXI
By Siren.Corrin 2009-11-27 22:00:53  
Win.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-11-27 22:09:40  
Truly epic. One of my friends is a Twilight fanatic, truly aggrovates me when she keeps going on about how dreamy vampires are now after watching it. Seriously, the books/films and ruined the idea of vampires now, we need some good revival films now. Teach them the difference between douche and vampire.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-27 22:18:13  
Twilight pretty much ruined the image of vampires, they went from grizzly looking badasses to gay boys.

Truly *** epic video.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-11-27 22:20:42  
~.~ why on earth anyone would want to have a deep and meaningful relationship with a glorified syringe is beyond me. Apparently these nutty teenage girls liked getting their blood drawn at the doctor's office. Ick!
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-27 22:30:06  
The sad part about this is that most of those people looked well beyond high school.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-27 22:35:56  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
How many of you have even read the Twilight series

I have. And I still think it was a literary piece of garbage. Read a real love story like Pride and Prejudice or The Count of Monte Cristo, and tell me Twilight even comes close.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-27 22:38:40  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
All four?

Yes, all four. Bella gets pregnant as a human with her vampire baby that almost kills her. Edward turns her into a vampire and her special power is a protective bubble. Then the Vultori wage war on the Cullens and their allies from Alaska and South America.

Still think I didn't read the books?

As I said, they were garbage.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-11-27 22:39:19  
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
How many of you have even read the Twilight series

I have. And I still think it was a literary piece of garbage. Read a real love story like Pride and Prejudice or The Count of Monte Cristo, and tell me Twilight even comes close.

I picked up the book in Walmart, opened it, read the first paragraph and couldn't read anymore. The story may be ok, whatever, but that woman's writing style sucked, and the acting in the movies sucked.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-27 22:39:39  
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

The Count of Monte Cristo was epic. 'nuff said.
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-11-27 22:41:19  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Meh, you got me. At least you have a good reason to not like them, unlike the vast majority of the Twilight haters.

People tend to hate just about anything that people go apeshit insane over.
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-11-27 22:43:36  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
It wasn't so much about the fact that they were vampires, it was a love story.

Twilight is a terrible story, with terrible writing. There have been plenty of great vampire love stories that didn't turn the vampires into weepy little ***. It also doesn't help that the author let their personal beliefs obviously influence the actions of every character in the story.

The movie has terrible acting and directing. Every time the main actress tries to show any emotion she just ends up looking nauseous and there's way too many awkward silences(because silence totally conveys angst, right?).

Anyway, Kevin Smith on Twilight :D

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-11-27 22:44:21  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Gilgamesh.Mairah said:
I picked up the book in Walmart, opened it, read the first paragraph and couldn't read anymore. The story may be ok, whatever, but that woman's writing style sucked, and the acting in the movies sucked.

You can't judge a book by the first paragraph...you just can't. lol

I can judge what the style of writing is like, and I know the story of the first two at least, I've seen the movies. Its not as epic as everyone makes it out to be..
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-27 22:46:49  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
How many of you have even read the Twilight series?
I read all 4 books.
I like her writing style and the story had alot of potential.
But yeah..."I watch you sleep every night." "We shine in the sunlight" alot of other lame things + the fan base just ruined it.
[+]
 Sylph.Ixe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2009-11-27 22:48:13  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I read all 4 books.
I like her writing style and the story had alot of potential.
But yeah..."I watch you sleep every night." "We shine in the sunlight" alot of other lame things the fan base just ruined it.
Yup they ruined it :/
Books were -ok-
Not the greatest thing ever written.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-27 22:48:36  
Quote:
Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her "Edward". I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy her "Twilight" book. She was talking about a fictional vampire. FML

Worst part is... I've witnessed this.

So please! Twilight fans do us a favor and calm the *** down! JEEZ! Or, in the very least, read something else... Perhaps start with this.

(Kudos to the people who get this joke)
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-11-27 22:50:47  
I read all the books. And I can honestly say that Edward and Jacob were both rather abusive to Bella. And I can honestly say that the books might be a good lazy weekend read, but they are certainly not worth half the hype that they are getting. And yes, it is a 'love story' but teaching teens and kids and whoever else that it's ok for the men who 'love' you to belittle you, look down on you, and verbally and mentally abuse you, and that it's ok to risk your life for the sake of a high-school crush is just begging for a whole generation of stupid women with crappy relationships.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-11-27 22:55:30  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:

I have and also the draft for Midnight Sun. I like the series, but at some degree.

Obsessive people are obsessive :S
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-27 23:01:17  
Ok, /rant on. Here are the reasons why I despise Twilight and all these Twitards:

1) Literary works of garbage, as I said. Nothing in the books were thought provoking. Every single "plot twist" can be easily predicted if you haven't been living under a rock. Everything was dumbed down to the lowest form of intellect. There wasn't a single word in that entire series that made it sound remotely intelligent. It just wasn't.

2) The movies, both Twilight and New Moon, are theatrical disasters. The acting was piss poor. The actions scenes weren't even filled with action. The love scenes were incredibly drab. There was no chemistry between the characters, at all. And Kristen Stewart looks like she's having an orgasm everytime she's supposed to be invoking pain. It's such a sad thing to watch.

3) The Twilight series completely and utterly destroyed the genre of vampires. Vampires don't sparkle. Vampires don't come out in the daylight...at all. I don't care if it's a cloudy day. They sleep during the day. Stephanie Meyer managed to destroy a genre in one fell swoop with this cutesy, pre tween ***.

4) Twilight fans are possibly the most obnoxious, self centered, maniacal retards on the face of the planet. Take this Twitard for example, in a video entitled "*** you Stephen King!"

If you don't feel like listening to this drivel, cliff notes version is that she's pissed because Stephen King called Stephanie Meyer a shitty writer, then turns around and says his books never generated enough attention like Twilight has. HAHAHAHHAA! Yea right....

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-27 23:54:15  
If it sells in supermarkets it is probably crap
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-11-27 23:55:03  
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Vampires don't come out in the daylight...at all. I don't care if it's a cloudy day. They sleep during the day.

True at some degree. But the idea of vampires on daylight isnt new.
In the Queen of the Damned movie Lestat and the Queen are seen in broad daylight (On the books they can't, they feel the urge to get underground or reclusive of sunlight) and in Blade also some vampires went to daylight but using sunblock.
First Page 2 3 4 5