After 259 Years Noone Will Listen To 50 Cent, Madonna, Pink Floyd, MJ, Fall Out Boy Etc, Yet..

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » After 259 years noone will listen to 50 cent, madonna, pink floyd, MJ, fall out boy etc, yet..
After 259 years noone will listen to 50 cent, madonna, pink floyd, MJ, fall out boy etc, yet..
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-15 15:45:41  
i don;t listen to them now >.>
By Argettio 2009-12-15 15:46:27  

Gogo eurotrash dance music

lol
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-15 15:49:47  

Apparently I broke it...
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-12-15 15:49:52  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Midgardsormr.Tutone said:
How did this turn into a flame topic of Eazy and Pac..... those dudes been dead forever now......

there are plenty of alive people, whose music is just garbage that are worth picking on...

Just fooling around. Eazy destroyed on this track.

-

On-topic: Classical has more value and timeless volume than rap will ever have.

And I like classical music too D:

Best song evar;

Seraph.Majinn
サーバ: Seraph
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2009-12-15 15:50:00  
Hades.Silentbob said:
Classical music is just timeless but whos to say people aren't going to be listeing to todays music in 260 years. I'd rather think they still listen to Bach over say Brtney Spears at that time though.

True. Classical music having a couple hundred years on rap and whatnot, so yeah.

And if we're talking classics there must be the Gustav Holst!

[+]
 Alexander.Usla
サーバ: Alexander
user: Usla
By Alexander.Usla 2009-12-15 15:50:37  
So lovely! ... makes me wish I had forced my son to play the violin :)
j/k but what a lovely thing to be able to do!
 Alexander.Usla
サーバ: Alexander
user: Usla
By Alexander.Usla 2009-12-15 15:52:20  
oops ... I miss read the thread ... that related to the sweet 6 yr old playing violin!
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-15 15:57:45  
Being semi serious for a second, Holst Planets has to be one of the best pieces of music ever made.

The fact he managed to emote an entire planet's character with the music is amazing, and in fact it is still used in films today due to the shear emotion it can bring out of the listener.

Another piece of incredibly descriptive music is Vivaldi with the 4 seasons

Winter is my personal favorite, along with spring
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-15 15:59:48  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Hades.Hiryo said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
If you're going to flame Pac, at least use the correct choice of words.

Fine, fine

Homosexual**
No, you still don't get it. I meant "You're" you said "your"

Veg turn Grammar Nazi for Tupac.... this and more on the News at 10.

/em starts a turf war:

Yes I am aware of the shear amounts of fail involved in a middle class english white boy starts playing ganster over the internet... Fun though
 Phoenix.Lucasta
サーバ: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2009-12-15 16:07:00  
igor stravinsky ftw
 Caitsith.Karlean
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Alxrocks
By Caitsith.Karlean 2009-12-15 16:15:18  
Blackmist you lie! :P <3 love you
 Diabolos.Daddyx
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2009-12-15 16:19:41  
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-15 17:12:40  
Seraph.Majinn said:
Quoting for both the awesomeness that is Holst and the contrabassoon that is front and center on the still image. *** don't know about my low-*** bass tones.

Anyway... In my opinion Bach is hugely overrated. Nice music, pretty music, goddamn it puts me to sleep. Most Baroque does though, except Vivaldi. I've a soft spot for his works.

Stravinsky is hands down my favorite composer.

[+]
 Titan.Chster
サーバ: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-12-16 14:07:05  
The reason why many still listen to/preform Bach and many other classical artist's pieces is because 99% of the time, when one takes up the task of learning music theory, it is the classical era they learn off of. Why? Because they defined what music theory is/was/will always be!

Actually a Brittney Spears song was used as an example in one of my music theory classes to show how even today pop/mainstream songs use similar music structure and basic music theory just as the music 259 years ago did, without the general public realizing it most of the time.

Anyways, all music is based off music theory, even percussion to an extent, and classical music is the prime example of perfect music. Thus is why classical will never be forgotten and always taught/listened too.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-16 14:17:13  
O.o

Thanks for the information. XD

Although I cannot quickly see the comparison in structure of a Britney Spears song and a Bach piece.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-12-16 14:21:33  
Its devolution is what it is, the poor, or less intelligent have more kids and become bad parents. While the rich, or more intelligent more or less do not as often.

Music if fuel for the soul, and the message of the music normaly has a deep impact on the viewer. Bach and countless other classics feed souls and dreams where a lot of todays more popular music, is about violence, killing, prostitution, and a lot of drug abuse. Now i'm not saying that is everyone who is in the lime-light, but there is enough of it out there now that kids are getting hooked, and think thats what they need to do, when there shitty parents wont or can't stop them, or are in it too.

I'm seeing to many children dressing up like hookers, thinking its the thing to do, so starstuck, they don't live there lives anymore. They live the life of the people on the CD covers. Kids in middle school now poping up pregnate here or there.

Regarless the problems the music industry are causing on this, and the generation to come. Nothing is going to change at all, things will half to get way worse before they can get better.

Untill then. HIM.

Titan.Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-12-16 14:23:54  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Although I cannot quickly see the comparison in structure of a Britney Spears song and a Bach piece.

The comparison was the order of parts in the song:

Intro - Verse I - Chorus - Bridge - Verse II - Chorus - Bridge - Interlude/break - Chorus - Outro

I think it was "Hit Me Baby One More Time" <.<

So yeah, most songs have this structure and new songs are continuing to be made this way because it's the perfect way to make a song.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-16 14:33:11  
I'm a big fan of classical music, but have never looked into it's structure. Probably because I am not very interesting in reading the notes or seeing the structure in songs.

You seem to know your music, so tell me, if you can where you can see all of those different parts in Bach's "Air on G the string".

Titan.Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-12-16 14:43:15  
The version in the OP video? :o
Not all songs has this structure, it's more of something to base a song around when you are creating one. But I did notice that HIM song just posted did have the structure :P
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-16 14:47:15  
Who listens to fall out boy really
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-16 14:48:38  
I don't know. I was just naming some bs band to fill the list.

BTW, there is also a considerable difference between THEN and NOW

It's unreal, the difference.
 Asura.Cyssero
サーバ: Asura
user: Miliani85
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-12-16 14:59:20  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
259 years later, Bach may still be heard, but he's notas impressive as this guy In 259 years, he'll still be releasing new tracks.

For people making a homosexual reference to this picture, clearly you're looking wrong. Notice the middle finger (penis) and the "O" shape he's making while holding the blunt (vagina). This is subliminal messaging if I ever saw it! Translation of this picture: I *** ***, rob ***, and get high all day, THUG LIFE!!!

Back on topic: Artist like 2pac will never be forgotten. 50 Cent sure, but 2pac? You obviously don't know what 2pac was about to make a statement like this. Not only that, but this guy has institutions and foundations dedicated in his honor, statues of himself in cities and still influence minds today, 13 years after his "death". Also, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, unless you went 259 years in the future, you really can't make this claim.

Titan.Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-12-16 15:00:48  
Air on the G string structure:
intro
verse
chorus
verse II
chorus
verse III
bridge
pre-chorus
chorus
outro

I'm sure a few parts are wrong, the end was a little confusing but I could definitely look harder into it

Anyways the only difference in music is the way it sounds, as I said, all music is based on keys, modes, scales, time signatures etc If you don't have these then it's pretty much just noise lol

and I don't listen to Fall Out Boy but I do respect them as musicians. Everyone has their likes and dislikes but I would only hate on a band/artist if they were doing something wrong musically.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-16 15:19:01  
Titan.Chster said:
Air on the G string structure:
intro
verse
chorus
verse II
chorus
verse III
bridge
pre-chorus
chorus
outro

Ugh. ><

Man, I listen to it and I can't see it.

/em fails.
 Titan.Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-12-16 15:20:37  
if you tap out the tempo and just listen to the chord progressions it helps :P
When you hear note changes that are significantly different then the last few seconds you heard, that keys a change
the piano in the background also helps
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-12-16 15:38:09  
Damn it CJ, all you had to do was follow the damn train!
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-16 15:38:47  
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Damn it CJ, all you had to do was follow the damn train!

LMAO

Oh ***. hahahahaha
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2009-12-16 15:43:47  
259 years from now planet Earth will be in a body bag.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-16 16:13:58  
Chstr said:
The reason why many still listen to/preform Bach and many other classical artist's pieces is because 99% of the time, when one takes up the task of learning music theory, it is the classical era they learn off of. Why? Because they defined what music theory is/was/will always be!

Actually a Brittney Spears song was used as an example in one of my music theory classes to show how even today pop/mainstream songs use similar music structure and basic music theory just as the music 259 years ago did, without the general public realizing it most of the time.

Anyways, all music is based off music theory, even percussion to an extent, and classical music is the prime example of perfect music. Thus is why classical will never be forgotten and always taught/listened too.
This.
Beelshamen said:
Pop music and classical music have similar overall structures, though pop usually uses the simpler forms. The basic overarching chord progressions (such as the emphasis on basic I-V-I or I-IV-V-I progressions) are generally present in both as well. Later classical music tends to branch out past the basic progressions of the early composers.
Phoenix.Darkovercast said:
Its devolution is what it is, the poor, or less intelligent have more kids and become bad parents. While the rich, or more intelligent more or less do not as often.

Music if fuel for the soul, and the message of the music normaly has a deep impact on the viewer. Bach and countless other classics feed souls and dreams where a lot of todays more popular music, is about violence, killing, prostitution, and a lot of drug abuse. Now i'm not saying that is everyone who is in the lime-light, but there is enough of it out there now that kids are getting hooked, and think thats what they need to do, when there shitty parents wont or can't stop them, or are in it too.

I'm seeing to many children dressing up like hookers, thinking its the thing to do, so starstuck, they don't live there lives anymore. They live the life of the people on the CD covers. Kids in middle school now poping up pregnate here or there.

Regarless the problems the music industry are causing on this, and the generation to come. Nothing is going to change at all, things will half to get way worse before they can get better.

Untill then. HIM.

Also HIM sucks.