After 259 Years Noone Will Listen To 50 Cent, Madonna, Pink Floyd, MJ, Fall Out Boy Etc, Yet..

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » After 259 years noone will listen to 50 cent, madonna, pink floyd, MJ, fall out boy etc, yet..
After 259 years noone will listen to 50 cent, madonna, pink floyd, MJ, fall out boy etc, yet..
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-16 16:25:33  
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
2 years from now planet Earth will be in a body bag.
 Bahamut.Oblivion
サーバ: Bahamut
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2009-12-17 02:23:28  
We'll probably be in some sort of perversion-of-science(see: the majority consensus' tendency to make a "religion" or "cult" out of anything, even something that's supposed to be based on observation/fact, like science) induced dark age.

What we'll probably be listening to is whatever music filters down to our proletariat stratum--that and folk-type music.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-17 02:27:05  
Fairy.Blackmist said:
i don;t listen to them now >.>

Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-12-17 02:39:16  
why do i care about some ugly chinee playing on her fiddle...

50 cent was shot 9 times and lived.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-17 02:40:32  
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
why do i care about some ugly chinee playing on her fiddle...

50 cent was shot 9 times and lived.

Which proves nothing, other than he pissed someone off so bad they felt the need to shoot him 9 times. (It's a shame he lived, really.)
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-17 02:42:53  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
2 years from now planet Earth will be in a body bag.
That's a big body bag
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-12-17 02:51:45  
i wasn't trying to prove anything.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-17 03:07:43  
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-17 05:04:59  
i dont think people listen to either of those anymore
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2009-12-17 13:37:12  
Honestly its sad you grouped Pink Floyd with that trash. Its really one of it's kind and I think years from now it will still be listened to.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-17 13:48:49  
I think one artist ppl will still hear is Queen.

We are the champions
Bohemian Rhapsody

Probably a few others, unless some artist tops out We Are the Champions for sports, Queen is probably gonna be heard in the future.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-17 13:49:43  
Chicken Dance FTW!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2009-12-17 13:51:43  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
I think one artist ppl will still hear is Queen.

We are the champions
Bohemian Rhapsody

Probably a few others, unless some artist tops out We Are the Champions for sports, Queen is probably gonna be heard in the future.

Yeah Queen is good as well, Bohemian Rhapsody is epic.
But Im saying Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. what do you think from an album stand point?
 Pandemonium.Aravol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-12-17 13:57:14  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
I think one artist ppl will still hear is Queen. We are the champions Bohemian Rhapsody Probably a few others, unless some artist tops out We Are the Champions for sports, Queen is probably gonna be heard in the future.
Yeah Queen is good as well, Bohemian Rhapsody is epic. But Im saying Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. what do you think from an album stand point?
Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon and The Wall are some of the best selling albums of all time. I still hear Pink FLoyd on the radio regularly and Have them on my Ipod.
What about Led Zeplin. My Ipod is stacked with this as well.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-17 13:58:57  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
I think one artist ppl will still hear is Queen. We are the champions Bohemian Rhapsody Probably a few others, unless some artist tops out We Are the Champions for sports, Queen is probably gonna be heard in the future.

I wouldn't even consider it the 'artist', just the 'song.' I've heard that song for years and didn't know the artist until now, lol. I don't plan on listening to them either - they just made a fitting song for occassions.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-12-17 14:00:10  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
I wouldn't even consider it the 'artist', just the 'song.' I've heard that song for years and didn't know the artist until now, lol. I don't plan on listening to them either - they just made a fitting song for occassions.
I agree
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-17 14:01:51  
I dunno, I like the beatles also. I still listen to their songs and I think ppl would still listen to them.

Even though you didn't know who they were, the songs being used even later means ppl still listen and some probably will continue to listen. :P
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy
By Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy 2009-12-17 14:27:50  
seriously this post is to show that the classic music will FTW for eternity

Please who is 50 cent ?

i know your answer " it's just USA money " but don't be too rude ^^
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-17 14:31:35  
50 Cent is a rapper. He's one of the more known ones since he's popular among both the black and white community.
 Asura.Cyclonis
サーバ: Asura
user: Cyclonis
By Asura.Cyclonis 2009-12-17 14:52:13  
in response to the original poster, I completly agree. And through the years people and artists will do reditions and interpit those pieces in diffrent ways for us to reappreciate what the core of what once was. IMO here is a contempary example on how what was produced this century will live on for generations to come. thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2009-12-17 14:56:51  
Rap is a joke to me, if anything its proof that musical "talent" has deteriorated and its not just rap but newer rock as well. Atleast rock requires being able to play a musical instrument. Rap is just making Rhythms with words, and in most cases totally ripping off another song as a back track. Its a sad excuse for music. They Rappers shouldn't even be worthy of being called musicians.

If your black and really want to go back to your roots, really want to make songs. Go back to the cross roads. Go back to the blues.

Thats some real music IMO
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-17 15:03:31  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Rap is a joke to me, if anything its proof that musical "talent" has deteriorated and its not just rap but newer rock as well. Atleast rock requires being able to play a musical instrument. Rap is just making Rhythms with words, and in most cases totally ripping off another song as a back track. Its a sad excuse for music. They Rappers shouldn't even be worthy of being called musicians.

If your black and really want to go back to your roots, really want to make songs. Go back to the cross roads. Go back to the blues.

Have my babies. Please.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-17 15:07:55  
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but Rap is the second-most listened to genre (in the USA, that is).
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2009-12-17 16:47:11  
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Have my babies. Please.

Step in line please D:

Edit: But seriously its a damn shame its listened too so much. rap is worse then country IMO. But atleast country music has musicians.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-12-17 17:00:23  
I wish after 1 year no one would listen to any of them ... especially Madonna. Dumb ***.
 Seraph.Majinn
サーバ: Seraph
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2009-12-17 17:18:47  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

While I'll agree that the current trends in rap music keep me from listening to the modern stuff, I'm more fond of the late '80s early '90s rap I think you should consider that rap and rock share similar origins in blues, though. Early rap was a means of expression for some to detail their hardships in life and their experiences, similar to blues and country.

The stuff today I don't particularly like because it's mostly about how many cars I "got", how many b*tches I f*cked and the like. It's better imo when rap tells a story or experience.
[+]
By Helsmire 2009-12-17 17:44:45  
It really boils down to what i like to call monkey see monkey do effect/band wagon effect. Music now is no longer valued for its poetic and artistic value. It's now all about "that hot beat". I could bet my paycheck that the majority of the writers of "that hot beat" couldn't even tell what key and time signature it's written in, I do include both rap and rock in this statement. How often do you hear something written in 5/4 or 12/8 time signature? How often do the words of a song make you stop and think? Very few people go outside of the "norm" of pop radio because their friends don't listen to it and that will make them "outcast". One artist will continue to copy another because they are too lazy to be creative. It's no longer about the art, its about what makes money and it's a sad thing. Turn on the radio, and you can't hear the artists heartache, or his joy any longer.

This is the major reason I am a fan of industrial, and industrial noise. Most industrial groups have a unique sound, style and writing that sets them apart. There is both poetry and art in industrial and there is so much of it to immerse yourself in. And by industrial i DO NOT mean marilyn manson, if you lump him and his ilk in with industrial, I wish a plague of bats, to tangle up your hair upon you!