PLD Idle Body Piece.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD Idle Body piece.
PLD Idle Body piece.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Aust
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aust101
By Asura.Aust 2009-12-18 17:42:33  
I do what Raenryong does almost down the "T" other then his NI. Rather then putting shield skill gear in Ni, I agree to stack all haste, but Ni is so rarely inturupted I don't worry about the shield skill and I stack that with enmity. An I use shadow mantel for the he'll of it just in case. But enmity neck, body, earring/ring
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-18 18:10:16  
If you get your Nis are getting intterupted your just not paying attention or your getting 100 fisted. And they have the longer recast so really getting it as low as possible is more important. But all kinda situational. If your getting double march and haste well you only need to lower it antoher 15% to get to the cap which really 15% haste easy to find on pld. But really wouldn't even need that much seeing as homam legs have fast cast on them too and the loq earring if you want or ACP body has fast cast too.

If your say getting just haste and march/ballad then a little hard since you'd need another 9% more. But still pretty doable with pld
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-18 18:31:53  
Asura.Aust said:
I do what Raenryong does almost down the "T" other then his NI. Rather then putting shield skill gear in Ni, I agree to stack all haste, but Ni is so rarely inturupted I don't worry about the shield skill and I stack that with enmity. An I use shadow mantel for the he'll of it just in case. But enmity neck, body, earring/ring
I don't know if this is a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyways XD

Equipping enmity while casting Utsusemi--does the action actually generate any hate? Otherwise, what I'm thinking, in terms of prioritizing gear during Utsusemi casting, is Haste >>> Shield Skill > Damage reduction > HP, etc. Actually, come to think of it, HP should probably be up there too, just... er, help? XD

-edit- Ooh. Turns out Utsusemi (both Ichi and Ni) generate 300 VE. It's not much, but I guess equipping Enmity gear would be better if you time it correctly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-18 18:39:48  
Both ichi and Ni generate 1 CE and 300VE. For comparison that's the same amount as chivalry/fealty or a rampart that only hits you. Or for even more fun that's as much hate as a single target barspell.

Making sure ichi actually cast is number 1 though then recast. And more hp or less dmg taken if you do get hit means less emnity lost.

And -50% recast is most important on ni... and well you really shouldn't get intterupted on ni.
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-18 19:38:13  
personally I like to equip +HP in other slots over +enmity (where there's no haste during ni or shield skill+haste for ichi) if -dmg% isn't available, for the unlikely event that I do take a hit while casting. most slots should have a piece of gear with a decent enough amount of +hp to reduce enmity loss decently. jumping from 1500 to 1600 you're gonna lose what looks like ~11.5% less mp/damage (I just woke up so don't quote that, lol).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-18 20:33:44  
Yeah, I would think that HP > Enmity, as it reduces loss of enmity over time.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-12-18 22:02:30  
while hp can be > than enmity+ , theres no real body that outright has the hp+ to beatout emnity+ from say IR body(IR body gives hp+ as well). also, whats the point in going for straight hp+ if you swap gears? (*edit* in any equip slot for that matter*edit*) :P just sayin~

IR hauberk gives 32hp and +6enmity
Ares body gives 3%hp (1300 base x 3% is about 39hp~)
Nuevo gives 20hp +5 enmity
Valor gives +23hp (+30 if HQ) 4 (5) enmity

Koenig gives 60hp, but -10str -10dex :/ while not all bad, thats definately a situational body.

i would say any of these are acceptable idle pieces, as each piece has a situation for use (minus valor unless Cover macro / Towngear have a use on your list :P)

Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-12-18 22:14:18  
also for pld, can try and grab aurum sabatons if you cant get access to homam feet. not quite as good as homam but definately doable! =p

imo,

for utsu ichi - full shield+ and some haste and dmg-%

for utsu ni - full haste and enmity where no haste, utsu ni; you shouldnt need dmg-% since you should be able to put it up whenever the spell is available.

reason for this is, tanking endgame, you cast utsu ni ALOT, every ~20secs prettymuch.(haste spell+march, assuming you've capped recast is 21sec~) i've cotanked in fights where both tanks had capped hate and just casting ni would take aggro off the other pld. while its not a big deal, it certainly builds up over time :P

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-18 23:49:40  
What about this Sipar for tanking? At least on non meleeing ones while casting ichi. Sure your not gunna block much dmg but you will block rediculously often regardless of shield skill to get ichi off which is really the whole point.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-12-19 01:27:21  
while its doable, theres mobs you really going to want a tier3 shield to absorb dmg on, but def usable. grab it if u can o/ lol

remember some mobs do AoE / wipe shadows, all based on situation/mob your going to tank. if a mob wipes your shadows, and JA's down and you have to absorb a blow or 2, better it be 80~ than 400~ lol :P if you can keep up shadows 95% of the time w/o getting hit, then go for it.

edit~

just wanna remind not only tier3 shield for taking less dmg, but also losing less hate~ every time you take blood dmg = hate loss, just wanted to put this there because it seems 60% of plds i see don't seem to realize this lol. so yeah, if you take 2shots for 400dmg each, your going to have a harder time keeping hold of hate.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 01:35:38  
prety much just use 2 shields myself, simba buckler when tping is viable and lolpalmerin's for my defensive kit (being cheap is awesome, esp. when there's cheap gear that's decent). been thinking about taking my sentinel out of storage for my offensive kit, but haven't bothered to do the math on sentinel v. simba yet.

side note: recently I've been swapping my offensive kit to defensive when the enemy hits 25~30%, saved my *** a few times, lol.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-12-19 01:50:04  
or you could just do a good job @ keeping your shadows up (with 21sec recast for ni,haste+march, this shouldn't be too hard to do.) and gain benefit from the hp+/enmity+/vit+ from your shield fulltime :P
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 01:52:51  
because accidents and 'ohshit!' situations never happen \o/

edit: I got to thinking and since when do those stats help "full time"? ._.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 02:25:42  
Well I was thinking Sipar mostly in situations where your not tping so you can litterally just switch it out for casing ichi and idle in something else.

Also I tend to take the low man approach and tend to not let the mob AOE all the shadows down often enough that both ichi an Ni are down, another reason why I prefer nin anyways
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-12-19 12:13:32  
Remora.Abriel said:
because accidents and 'ohshit!' situations never happen \o/

edit: I got to thinking and since when do those stats help "full time"? ._.

well in an "ohshit" situation, enmity is a definate welcome, HP+ is a definate welcome fulltime as long as your not swapping that equip slot.
and vit+ is meh, although me and a friend a working on doing some tests for vit, we have a theory that vit is a mod for shield/guard procs, but thats a whole nother can o worms lol o/.

also, in an "ohshit" situation is usually what u should save shield bash and sentinal for stuff like that, and maybe even reprisal if you know ichi+ni will be down, while u just use holy circle, rampart as hate generators, most of the time~

once hate it capped, you should not have to spam sentinal and shieldbash to recap your hate. (unless using shieldbash to stun tp move, in which case u just saved urself from an "ohshit" moment)

edit~ just wanted to put in there, swapping shield also wipes tp, while sometimes its needed to swap your weapon for whatever reason, you should really try and limit the things you swap out of that slot. tp can be used for atonements, and chivalry as well. not just lolpld dmg :P
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 19:41:19  
+enmity does absolutely nothing for you as you take damage, while +HP reduces CE loss regardless of your current HP value making swapping it in open slots (any place you aren't using +shield or -%damage) when casting shadows or while they're down overly useful. what you're trying to say is that raising the VE value from utsusemi by a meager handful of points is better than potentially saving ~15% of the CE lost from possibly taking damage (more or less, dependent on the amount of hp you can freely stack, but +200 at ~1500 base idle should be easy).

edit in: pld/nin's main concern is preserve CE because it's much harder to spike it than it is to raise VE. VE is easily spikable to near cap with the use of sentinel + 2 flashes + 3 c3s/or 2 c4s, and easily maintained with flash at that point. even w/o the use of sentinel it can be easily raised through cure cheats and flash. this is all not even taking atonement spam into consideration, because it's not always a viable option.

plz 2 rsrch b4 poost.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-12-19 20:04:19  
idle
- 3 dictionary results
i⋅dle
  /ˈaɪdl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahyd-l] Show IPA adjective, i⋅dler, i⋅dlest, verb i⋅dled, i⋅dling, noun
Use idle in a Sentence
See web results for idle
See images of idle
–adjective
1. not working or active; unemployed; doing nothing: idle workers.
2. not spent or filled with activity: idle hours.
3. not in use or operation; not kept busy: idle machinery.
4. habitually doing nothing or avoiding work; lazy.
5. of no real worth, importance, or significance: idle talk.
6. having no basis or reason; baseless; groundless: idle fears.
7. frivolous; vain: idle pleasures.
8. meaningless; senseless: idle threats.
9. futile; unavailing: idle rage.

What the hell does an idle set have to do with a standard engaged/tp set.

/facepalm learn freaking English

Best idle pieces are obviously going to be in order:

1: Refresh piece
2: Movement piece
3: Regen Piece
4: Damage/magic damage reduction piece

If you cant afford/acquire one or one doesn't exist skip down to the next level. Having multiple idle pieces for different situations is recommended if space/gil permits its feasibility.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 20:07:28  
Idk by those definitely idle set sounds like whatever will help you warp out of the zone the best...
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 20:09:36  
terminology
- 4 dictionary results

ter⋅mi⋅nol⋅o⋅gy
  /ˌtɜrməˈnɒlədʒi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tur-muh-nol-uh-jee] Show IPA

–noun, plural -gies.
1. the system of terms belonging or peculiar to a science, art, or specialized subject; nomenclature: the terminology of botany.
2. the science of terms, as in particular sciences or arts.
Origin:
1795–1805; < ML termin(us) term + -o- + -logy

Related forms:
ter⋅mi⋅no⋅log⋅i⋅cal  /ˌtɜrmənlˈɒdʒɪkəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tur-muh-nl-oj-i-kuhl] Show IPA , adjective
ter⋅mi⋅no⋅log⋅i⋅cal⋅ly, adverb
ter⋅mi⋅nol⋅o⋅gist, noun

ter·mi·nol·o·gy (tûr'mə-nŏl'ə-jē)
n. pl. ter·mi·nol·o·gies

1. The vocabulary of technical terms used in a particular field, subject, science, or art; nomenclature.
2. The study of nomenclature.

[German Terminologie, from Medieval Latin terminus, expression; see term.]
ter'mi·no·log'i·cal (-nə-lŏj'ĭ-kəl) adj., ter'mi·no·log'i·cal·ly adv., ter'mi·nol'o·gist n.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-12-19 20:10:16  
Ur a freaking moron meleeing a mob isnt idleing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 20:11:19  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Ur a freaking moron meleeing a mob isnt idleing.
You haven't met alot of the melees I have then. They are clearly very much afk and not doing anything
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 20:11:40  
I could say the same statement about you making a big deal about standard word useage for a game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-12-19 20:14:22  
No you cant, you dont grasp the concept of the word and you are trying to say it has a different meaning in ffxi by showing the definition of terminology like a douche nozzle. The OP clearly asked what to Idle in not what to TP in...
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 20:22:16  
nice comeback sounding like an angry kid. living in the US you should realize that words change meaning and then become the new standard among the culture all the time.

as for what the OP means, he hasn't given a clear definition. in the case he's talking about what he should be using while doing nothing at all, the answer would be pretty clear. but, seeing as this hasn't happend, and the thread has degraded into mostly bad advice, we may never know unless the OP returns to clear it up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-12-19 20:25:31  
Mostly bad advice from you because you cant understand your first language.
[+]
 Fairy.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2009-12-19 20:27:34  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well I was thinking Sipar mostly in situations where your not tping so you can litterally just switch it out for casing ichi and idle in something else.

Also I tend to take the low man approach and tend to not let the mob AOE all the shadows down often enough that both ichi an Ni are down, another reason why I prefer nin anyways

I don't think you want to swap your shield. Either you're straight tanking and want to keep that TP for Atonement/Chivalry or you're kiting and probably not using Ichi because it would require you to stop and get beat to death.

I also can't confirm because I never bothered getting one, but I don't think shield blocks with a Sipar even prevent spell interruption. Even if it does, is it worth getting hit for full damage two or three times when you could be using a Koenig/Terror and likely block anyway?
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 20:28:46  
that's exactly right! I'z undahstanz nuthins, thank yas massa fur puttin' lil' ole me in mah place. would ya like a shoe shine whiles I'z at it?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 20:31:11  
Fairy.Rorrick said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well I was thinking Sipar mostly in situations where your not tping so you can litterally just switch it out for casing ichi and idle in something else. Also I tend to take the low man approach and tend to not let the mob AOE all the shadows down often enough that both ichi an Ni are down, another reason why I prefer nin anyways
I don't think you want to swap your shield. Either you're straight tanking and want to keep that TP for Atonement/Chivalry or you're kiting and probably not using Ichi because it would require you to stop and get beat to death.

I also can't confirm because I never bothered getting one, but I don't think shield blocks with a Sipar even prevent spell interruption. Even if it does, is it worth getting hit for full damage two or three times when you could be using a Koenig/Terror and likely block anyway?

I have a generally distaste for kiting tanks hate is kinda meh. And really saving tp lol from all that blocking when utsesmi is down.

Um that would be weird but would have to try and see. It wont be full dmg still reduced some and if the mob is consistently hitting you 2-3 times in the time it takes you to cast Ichi... you need to re-evaluate how you are tanking.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 20:33:33  
if I remember right, sipar has a 2% damage reduction, not that it really matetrs, lol. I had one for a while, but ended up tossing it before I got to testing (inventory issues ~.~ ).
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 20:37:09  
Fairy.Rorrick said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Damage reduction from blocking is based on the shields DEF: rating, not it's size. You won't take anything close to full damage. Also, all shields prevent spell interuption so long you have shield mastery available.

An Ancile will block more, and reduce damage more than a Koenig would etc
[+]