PLD Idle Body Piece.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD Idle Body piece.
PLD Idle Body piece.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 21:34:36  
that's odd O_o
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 21:35:31  
It's actually common misconception to believe Aegis has some epic block rate. If anything, it's about Size 1 rate
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 21:38:34  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
It's actually common misconception to believe Aegis has some epic block rate. If anything, it's about Size 1 rate
I'd call that pretty epic with how much dmg it blocks lol
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 21:39:09  
block rate caps at the same rate for all shields (bar sipar), it's just easier to do so for smaller shields. at capped block rate aegis effectively blocks 70% of physical damage, if I understand right.

think I botched it and the correct amount is actually 46.666%, lol.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 21:39:33  
Well yeah, but I said situationally better :X
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 21:47:59  
What about Riot Shield when it blocks it should block like 85% of the dmg!!! Which of course is kinda like the other extreme lol
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 21:49:06  
lol if you wanna fight naked
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 21:53:00  
bah! there isn't enough info to carry on discussion about the damage mitigation sipar build! lol

would need to know:
- if shield block damage mitigation is added/overwrites/is overwritten by damage mitigation gear.
- the details of sipar's block rate.
- the exact effect of skill (and possibly stats) on block rate for each shield size.
- the amount of skill (possibly stats too) it would take to reach cap on a generic high level nm.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 21:58:02  
Well the first part is easy. Easy to test too.

Base Damage - PDT is your final base damage before shield block is added. And they do stack together, same way Phalanx (applied last) stacks with blocking, resulting in 0s.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 22:00:53  
I didn't find any information to confirm or deny any of that info when I took a look around. not saying you're wrong, but if you have a link to the testing I'd like to take a look.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 22:02:52  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Well the first part is easy. Easy to test too. Base Damage - PDT is your final base damage before shield block is added. And they do stack together, same way Phalanx (applied last) stacks with blocking, resulting in 0s.
Well I'd of said this is a duh no brainer. No way is it just added it would be way too easy to get -100% dmg on a block if it was. And this game loves to factor multiples 1 at a time. Not having them work together at all is just kinda silly and sad especially if your blocking less dmg then your PDT gear. Also having alot of rdm/blu -pdt/def skillups yeah its obvious that it works together
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
lol if you wanna fight naked
damn right I do. Still can use swd and ranged lol.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 22:07:19  
I don't discount any form of stupidity when it comes to SqEx's programming, lol. yeah, I completely forgot to add "any manner of cooperation between the two" in there.

last time I tried to fight nekkid, the support became blind and the enemy got really friendly ._.;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 22:09:52  
Remora.Abriel said:
I didn't find any information to confirm or deny any of that info when I took a look around. not saying you're wrong, but if you have a link to the testing I'd like to take a look.
I don't have testing numbers per say or even parse tables but I can tell you after rediculous amount of hours skilling up in -30 to 36% PDT with genbus shield which should block about 34% there was a noticable difference in dmg on blocks. Enough where it was clear it wasn't just the more dmg from the shield block which wasn't always more.

But when I took off genbus for acheron so lowering my PDT to about 20% to 26% but raising the amount blocked to 63.5% my damage on blocks went up rather noticable. So definitely not additive. But doesn't look completely multiplicative since.. actually not sure wtf was going on there since the shield should've blocked more than the pdt and the block on genbus on its own...
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 22:10:42  
Yeah like I said easy. There's no link I can find that states -PDT and blocking stacks, but the damage reduction formula is on wiki. Damage taken = base damage - % of gear.
To determine the reduction from a block, you'd need to know the exact % the shield absorbs. Nothing you couldn't notice by eye if you do a quick test on something.
Aside from a mob hitting you for 1 (since I recall damage is rounded down, might be wrong here though), you won't see any 0s aside from Phalanx being up, so it's obviously applied last. Final damage - phalanx value = damage taken.

Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 22:16:50  
in that case, it's probably something stupid easy like calculating the shield's blocked percentage on top of the outcome from the gear's blocked percentage. why can't SqEx just realse this type of info any way? ~.~
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 22:20:40  
Yeah thats what I think. But it's also possible the damage reduction from blocking is applied before damage reduction gear.

Base damage - blocked damage - % of gear = final damage.

Could be either way, would actually have to test it, though I'm sure it's been done. Wait for Raen or someone to wake up and tell us :<
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 22:26:01  
yeah, the testing would be overly tedious. too many points to take into consideration for finding a piece of info that's only really vital to a specific build in an unrealistic circumstance, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 22:32:45  
Lol you do realize that it doesn't matter which one is applied first its the same numbers right? It's like haste and DW. -20% PDT and -70% from shield block is the same thing as saying .8*.3*base dmg.

Also testing wouldn't be that hard or tedious. Just get a certain def with a shield with high block rate. See average dmgs with and without the shield block bam use math to figure out the relations using how much dmg it should block based on know calculations and how much PDT gear you got.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 22:39:26  
lol, wow you're right that went way over my head haha. I'm tired :<

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 22:43:15  
Is there a parser out there that keeps track of dmg taken from normal and blocked hits seperately?

If not that could make things rather tedious since you would pretty much have to watch the animation and write numbers down.

Since just going by weird lows could actually be just unblocked min pdif hits. Well I guess you could do riot shield or a kite shield with a high damage reduction might make it more obvious I guess though not sure I'd count on that lol.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 22:44:48  
Just use a tougher mob lol
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-19 22:45:01  
Haven't read the last two pages, but apparently the person who looked up "Idle" in a dictionary thinks that Ninjas and Paladins are made of Steel and shoot missiles out of their face.

(For the slower people, "Tank")
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 22:48:17  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Just use a tougher mob lol
Meh the difference between high and low pdif is still rather big amount of dmg and I'd rather not solo testing that lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 22:50:20  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Haven't read the last two pages, but apparently the person who looked up "Idle" in a dictionary thinks that Ninjas and Paladins are made of Steel and shoot missiles out of their face.

(For the slower people, "Tank")
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 23:03:25  
you wanna find an enemy that'll hit you for enough damage. then sitting there for a few hours while being beaten on for each build (you'd need to some how tag the log data, or manually write it out) then averaging the data, lol. just want a good sample size for accuracy so it may take a bit longer than you'd like. the problem that you can't use a parser because it can't discern between shield blocks and normal hits, at least last I checked.

you also need to know the exact percentage a certain shield will block. the base damage mitigated varies slightly from shield to shield (I'm talking the amount added to the bonus you get from it's def rating), not just from size to size. this info is available for some shields already though and it's only useful if you want to cut a corner, lol.

edit: danm, kinda beat me to this, lol.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 23:06:35  
I dont even know what we're testing anymore.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 23:09:12  
Yeah numbers I've seen are 22, 40, 50, 70% base blocked based on size then +.5 per point of def. Though really in the end you could just do test with and without PDT though that would take longer.

I'm thinking really high damage % block With just a little bit of -pdt would be best bet since it should be obvious that those are the low hits. Bah doing this solo might be a pain though.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 23:10:18  
something to do with shield block damage and damage reduction gear, I dunno. but it was way off-topic, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 23:17:51  
It would be vaguely on topic.

I mean if somehow it was found out that shield block damage added to PDT well then you would build for exactly the amount of -pdt to combine with your shield to get it to -100% dmg on blocks.

If shield overwrites pdt or even just a smaller pdt then clearly might be better off not using any if you expect to block with decent consistency.

If they were multiplied much more math to figure out what blocks the most dmg lol
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-19 23:20:53  
The reductions are applied seperately, or someone in -50 PDT would be taking 0s per block >.>