PLD VIT+Enmity = What?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD VIT+Enmity = What?
PLD VIT+Enmity = What?
 Fairy.Shiyo
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-21 18:25:57  
I leveled as a DD pld 1-75(I used a lot more turtle gear before toau, however) and had zero issues holding hate, living, exping, or gaining good exp/hour. So I don't know what to tell you, I pretended I was a ninja or warrior gearwise.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-02-21 18:28:52  
It's not a "lot" more damage. The argument is Lesser colibri? Using af feet/buckler with capped shield skill will almost always block most hits of pecking flurry. If you're still getting owned then you're too low for that camp or skills are uncapped.

The only difference in defence between Haub (NQ) and AF is 5 DEF and 4 VIT. That's not going to be make or break anywhere, the +acc will help a lot more, going from never hitting, to hitting regularly with generate more hate. The +enmity is negligible too since the only volatile actions you'll be doing are provoke/flash/cures which you can easily macro it in for.

Same with rings, VIT+3 rings vs +5 acc rings? It's not going to turn taking 50 damage a hit into 150 damage a hit. Either way, so long you have af feet on and a buckler earring you can't go too wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-02-21 18:57:38  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
It's not a "lot" more damage. The argument is Lesser colibri? Using af feet/buckler with capped shield skill will almost always block most hits of pecking flurry. If you're still getting owned then you're too low for that camp or skills are uncapped.

The only difference in defence between Haub (NQ) and AF is 5 DEF and 4 VIT. That's not going to be make or break anywhere, the acc will help a lot more, going from never hitting, to hitting regularly with generate more hate. The enmity is negligible too since the only volatile actions you'll be doing are provoke/flash/cures which you can easily macro it in for.

Same with rings, VIT 3 rings vs 5 acc rings? It's not going to turn taking 50 damage a hit into 150 damage a hit. Either way, so long you have af feet on and a buckler earring you can't go too wrong.

This guy is right, and before anyone mentions AGI-5 on Haub, the most recent AGI tests have shown that AGI has no or incredibly little effect on Shield Block rate.

Find them on BG yourself im too lazy to dig em up >.>;
[+]
By Izey 2010-02-21 19:01:08  
Just be aaware my Kat Loving friend, Unless you don't have a atonement, ACC/HP PLD ftw!
After playin the job for....ummm....too long....
Atone
By Izey 2010-02-21 19:01:37  
UGh pressed enter by accident lol....

Atonement PLDs > All

As far as hate is concerned and the parcing is awesome =Q
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-21 19:26:59  
Siren.Talonn said:
Big talk for a guy that doesn't have PLD leveled.....
Big talk for a guy who can't even do basic math, that's like saying I can't tell you how to gear a 6hit on SAM. Kill faster, take less damage, get more EXP, at least act like you're contributing something to the party. If you can't macro in a defensive set by the time Pecking Flurry (or any other non-instantaneous TP move) goes off that's your fault, not mine. The difference in damage taken is negligible, the difference in damage dealt is vast. 2006 was 4 years ago, get with the times.

And yes, Atonement is awesome... 750 free damage in full enmity gear did a lot for PLD.
[+]
 Asura.Kiowa
user: Kiowa
By Asura.Kiowa 2010-02-21 21:38:14  
lol my pld has five sets of gear
just depends on what your doing
dont forget chr for killer effect
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-02-21 21:44:18  
Now atonement is coming into the argument?

Lol end game pld gear sets are nothign compared to xp sets.

Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-21 21:46:35  
considering this topic was based on a LEVEL42 PLD.... i thing more than 1/2 of this topic is ahead of itself.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-21 21:49:13  
Siren.Talonn said:
considering this topic was based on a LEVEL42 PLD.... i thing more than 1/2 of this topic is ahead of itself.
Same principles apply from 1-74. If anything it's more true before the 50s as the difference in defensive stats when moving to DD gear will be greatly reduced.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-02-21 21:50:12  
Siren.Talonn said:

His question was whether or not he should still pursue VIT/DEF when he gets to AF level. It's been answered.
 Asura.Tyroch
user: Tyroch
By Asura.Tyroch 2010-02-21 22:30:02  
what I find surprising is nobody has mentioned the fact that your defense value is hard capped once it is higher then the mobs attack value if the mob it tough or higher. A paladin can gear for accuracy and attack within reason, cast the highest tier of protect on himself and hit this cap before food is considered.

macro in your +enmity on voke, flash, sentinel etc. eat sushi. if you are over camping, still eat the sushi and full time defender to make up the difference in defense.

I'll be the first to admit a DD hybrid pld won't match a real DD in an exp party, but the extra damage you can do will hold hate a lot better and speed up your exp/hr.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-21 22:41:34  
Asura.Tyroch said:
what I find surprising is nobody has mentioned the fact that your defense value is hard capped once it is higher then the mobs attack value if the mob it tough or higher. A paladin can gear for accuracy and attack within reason, cast the highest tier of protect on himself and hit this cap before food is considered.
...what?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-02-21 22:43:02  
Seems most of the advice on here is DD only. A good pld will have both sets, DD and turtle. I know most of the ppl saying turtle is crap have non stop magical parties of 20k+/hour and always have a brd with them...

DD is situational just as turtle is, something some-one should point out to the OP. The point of a PLD is to be the focus of the mobs attention, why? because pld takes less dmg than a DD, even when they are /nin and using 3rd eye the ideology is that it's more efficient for a pld to be taking hits which = less down time.

As the focus of the topic is birds, a good pld is aiming to hold hate 90% of the time and at certain level ranges w/o using food you will not be at capped acc therefore not getting many WS off b4 your Tp is taken.

So assuming your extra hate comes from melee hits alone (most of the time), the extra dmg you take from a DD setup = more hate lost per mob hit. Also, that DD set listed = -78 hp, higher base hp = less dmg taken per hit as well, check kanican's chart and see.

So you are generating less enmity than you think in the long run and if the party is good enough for a rng to pull off a 1k sidewinder and barely get hit and mobs are dieing in 60secs or less then there is no need for a DD pld, toss it and get a polearm war/sam instead and bounce hate.

Point of my arguement is: DDing on pld is fine when you have a brd in the party, but in some of those instances another DD would be better anyways. Turtle build should be carried for those parties that are slow and have no BRD/COR to reduce downtime.

If you carry the attitude that being an arse and leaving party cus its only 10k/hour that's you, some ppl wait hours for invite and take what they can get.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-21 23:16:16  
Problems with your argument:

-You're overcamping
-You're not eating food
-You're trying to imply I didn't mention situational uses
-You're saying things I mentioned but acting like I didn't say them
-You're overstating the increase in CE loss, especially since outside of DDing a PLD can't generate CE for ***

EDIT: I know you said "most", but you specifically referenced my post so I have to take offense somewhat. For the record, I also don't have a BRD glued to my ***. I mostly solo EXP outside of LS parties and other people I know I'll get good EXP with rather than just the same old ***I could get solo.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-02-21 23:26:49  
One other thing about tanking colis, PLD/DNC is actually good for it since it lets you use your TP in smaller chunks and you tend to lose less TP overall. And PLD/DNC itself works much better with a DD build since you need to be able to hit to get your TP and land steps.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-02-21 23:27:36  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Problems with your argument: -You're overcamping -You're not eating food -You're trying to imply I didn't mention situational uses -You're saying things I mentioned but acting like I didn't say them -You're overstating the increase in CE loss, especially since outside of DDing a PLD can't generate CE for ***

-Overcamping = turtle not DD aka situational
-Not using food = everyone can spend 20k a pt on food? some ppl arn't rich like you or me. I'm not talking about pimps only so using the food arguement cancels out a number of ppl.
-implying? I wasnt talking specifically to you? but more generally.
-saying things you didnt mention? "most of the advice" not all of it.
- and the CE bit lol wtf that's why plds cure, its the best CE tool and is a vital part of a good pld's hate kit so you telling me ppl not supposed to cure themselves?

Btw, i've done exp party 50+ on DD/healer/tank. i've done turtle pld and DD pld with hauby+1 the lot, i've experianced exp pt from different views and had crap ones/great ones. I'm not saying turtle is good not saying DD is bad just that a pld should have both.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-02-21 23:37:24  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
One other thing about tanking colis, PLD/DNC is actually good for it since it lets you use your TP in smaller chunks and you tend to lose less TP overall. And PLD/DNC itself works much better with a DD build since you need to be able to hit to get your TP and land steps.

This is actually somthing i've wanted to try in exp pt. I think it would work really well at birds. For one thing using tp to cure youself generates a lot of CE, reduces downtime and yeah landing steps helps DDs and yourself.

It's also a better use of TP compared to ws because of feather tickle. The loss comes from no defender which can hurt when overcamping and also provoke, but since CE is better than VE (outside spike hate from DD WS; sidewinder lol) I can see it working. I just don't fancy going back to valk to lvl my dnc haha.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-02-21 23:40:30  
20k for food is rich? Gold pieces sell for 15k each on bismarck and you get more than 1k per PT usually. Don't be cheap.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-02-21 23:45:31  
Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
This is actually somthing i've wanted to try in exp pt. I think it would work really well at birds. For one thing using tp to cure youself generates a lot of CE, reduces downtime and yeah landing steps helps DDs and yourself. It's also a better use of TP compared to ws because of feather tickle. The loss comes from no defender which can hurt when overcamping and also provoke, but since CE is better than VE (outside spike hate from DD WS; sidewinder lol) I can see it working. I just don't fancy going back to valk to lvl my dnc haha.
Loss of provoke isn't that big a deal since you still get flourish/jig for hate which I think combined add up to the same amount as voke, you of course do have to make sure you keep your steps up though, hehe. I've actually been lvling pld again on my main char, and I briefly threw up defender at one point just to see how it'd be and just eyeballing, I really wasn't taking THAT much less dmg. The benefits from dnc seem to really outweigh it.

And can always solo dnc, FOV is your friend!
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-02-21 23:50:03  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
20k for food is rich? Gold pieces sell for 15k each on bismarck and you get more than 1k per PT usually. Don't be cheap.

Talking from experiance, my social ls with mostly new players to the game carry about 20k tops on them. They are too casual to spend gil on 4+ stacks of food for just 1 party tankin on pld. Considering they don't have a 75 yet, they are going to be spending that 20k towards gear that we consider basic but to them is far out of reach.

That's what my comment was aiming at, not long time players like you or me. Can't expect everyone to be of a set standard and aford what you think they should.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-21 23:52:34  
PLD/DNC is terrible, you do less damage and have less hate tools for what, more healing? The extra healing doesn't make up for DA attack bonus, berserk and better provoke.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-02-21 23:54:18  
Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:

Talking from experiance, my social ls with mostly new players to the game carry about 20k tops on them. They are too casual to spend gil on 4 stacks of food for just 1 party tankin on pld. Considering they don't have a 75 yet, they are going to be spending that 20k towards gear that we consider basic but to them is far out of reach.

That's what my comment was aiming at, not long time players like you or me. Can't expect everyone to be of a set standard and aford what you think they should.

Atm I have 60k lol, it's not like I'm some rich player myself XD But I always spend money on food for a PT. Either Pizza+1 or grab a few stacks of kabobs when on a DD.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-02-21 23:56:09  
PLD/DNC has equal provoke, acc bonus, quick/box step and the ability to get use out of TP even when main tanking colibris. And while you can kind of get away with full timing berserk in the right parties, it's generally not the majority of the time.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-21 23:56:21  
Food increases your performance more than 1-3 pieces of gear combined can. Food is required imo.
[+]
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-21 23:57:58  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
PLD/DNC has equal provoke, acc bonus, quick/box step and the ability to get use out of TP even when main tanking colibris. And while you can kind of get away with full timing berserk in the right parties, it's generally not the majority of the time.
You do soooooooooooooooooooo much less damage as /dnc, it's not worth it at all. You also don't get equal provoke, it's slightly worse and costs TP to use. You don't see NIN's subbing dnc and tanking now do you? It's the same thing, I've played NIN/wAR NIN/DNC PLD/WAR PLD/DNC and your DPS drops so much as /dnc that makes me want to kill myself.

I hate soloing on NIN just because I'm forced to sub DNC, which destroys my damage ; ;
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-02-22 00:00:01  
I solo /war instead and just rest a bit if I get hit >_>
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-02-22 00:02:50  
Fairy.Shiyo said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
You do soooooooooooooooooooo much less damage as /dnc, it's not worth it at all. You also don't get equal provoke, it's slightly worse and costs TP to use. You don't see NIN's subbing dnc and tanking now do you? It's the same thing, I've played NIN/wAR NIN/DNC PLD/WAR PLD/DNC and your DPS drops so much as /dnc that makes me want to kill myself. I hate soloing on NIN just because I'm forced to sub DNC, which destroys my damage ; ;
Serious, why are you seeing so much DPS drop, you get a whole 10 atk out of subbing /war. And if you can full time berserk that's fine, but most parties you can't get away with that. Nin can /war because they have something which COMPLETELY negates dmg, def doesn't help much, but taking large percentages of it off will still make you take more dmg.

And I'm pretty sure flourish + jig has the same enmity as provoke, too lazy to look it up right now. And since we were talking about fighting colibris, you'll probably only WS once every 5 minutes or something anyways so using TP this way will get you better results.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-02-22 00:06:48  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
And I'm pretty sure flourish jig has the same enmity as provoke, too lazy to look it up right now. And since we were talking about fighting colibris, you'll probably only WS once every 5 minutes or something anyways so using TP this way will get you better results.
Flourish has 3/4 at best.
If you only WS once every 5 minutes, you must suck. I got in, while tanking, a WS usually every fight. That and hi2u double attack, higher base STR, etc etc.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-02-22 00:07:00  
Can't believe ppl are dismissing curing as a hate tool.... that's why i'm thinking pld/dnc can work not because of better DDing subs out there.

I absolutely agree that a DD should use food, it makes a huge difference. This is pld DDing getting feather tickle every minute and having to re-apply food, depending on length of party that can add up to several stacks, crab sushi is 6k/stack atm.

If you can aford it, great I personaly would. Not the case for everyone who plays is what i'm pointing out.