Cure Kits!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Cure Kits!
Cure Kits!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-24 19:49:01  
Well, if we assume that full Koenig + my setup would = 411,

I lose (enmity):

Bahamut's Mask = -8
Iron Ram Hauberk = -6
Iron Ram Dastanas = -4
Iron Ram Hose = -4
Iron Ram Greaves = -3

Total: -25

Extra HP cured: 18

Question is, which is better?

CE generated is (CE Modifier) * (Amount Cured) where the CE modifier at level 75 is 0.7273. VE is just 6x this, so we'll work purely in CE terms.

NB: 14 Enmity is present in both sets.

393 HP @ 39 Enmity: 393 * 0.7273 * 1.39 = 397.3
411 HP @ 14 Enmity: 411 * 0.7273 * 1.14 = 340.8

So it's not worth increasing your HP amount cured by sacrificing that amount of enmity gear at least in terms of pure enmity (which should be all that is considered in a cure cheat; curing other people, you may argue differently).
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-24 19:54:47  
But what if 18 HP is the difference between life and death >.>
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-24 19:58:01  
This is a self-cure cheat :p you are only doing this for enmity!

(assuming I am not being whooshed)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-24 20:04:56  
think he was being sarcastic lol
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-24 20:09:12  
Topic is 'Cure Sets' which is why i explained my set. A cheat is different....

Cure Set: Max HP/cure
Cure cheat: Max enmity/cure
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-02-24 20:19:05  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Pandemonium.Areis said:
As a WHM if your Pld is blinking like crazy it can be a pain to keep them alive. Not impossible but defiantly not pleasant.

That's why windower came up with blinkmenot.

No you shouldn't expect everyone to have windower and run it, yes its your fault if you die because you blinked. No that doesn't mean you shouldn't blink, just that there are times when it's unacceptable to be untargetable for even a short duration of time.
It's my fault the healer sucks.

It's your fault if you expect your healer to be using something that goes above and beyond the abilities constrained within the base FFXI engine. if you blink, you can't be directly targeted, and if you were targeted will close menues along with causing other issues. If you blink and you die because of it, it is your fault.
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-24 20:21:01  
Pandemonium.Areis said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Pandemonium.Areis said:
As a WHM if your Pld is blinking like crazy it can be a pain to keep them alive. Not impossible but defiantly not pleasant.

No you shouldn't expect everyone to have windower and run it, yes its your fault if you die because you blinked. No that doesn't mean you shouldn't blink, just that there are times when it's unacceptable to be untargetable for even a short duration of time.

It's your fault if you expect your healer to be using something that goes above and beyond the abilities constrained within the base FFXI engine. if you blink, you can't be directly targeted, and if you were targeted will close menues along with causing other issues. If you blink and you die because of it, it is your fault.

I agree. This is why I am changing my play style so that I can play with my JP LS as it is apparent they don't use windower (as expected). Telling people they suck because they are NOT using out of game tools is terrible.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-24 20:24:31  
Pandemonium.Areis said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Pandemonium.Areis said:

I didn't even mention Blinkmenot in the above, so shove it up your *** and stop sucking. Your failure to do your job is impacting the ability of other people to do theirs.

Macros are part of the game engine. So are <stpt>, <stal>, and the ability to manually enter commands. All of the above bypass a loss of targeting to blinking.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-24 20:30:00  
Quote:
If you blink and you die because of it, it is your fault.

I've never ever ever died as a consequence of blinking and I blink like all hell. It's not as if blinking is a constant thing either... if you are getting thrashed, just stand around in a damage reduction set. Mages without something circumventing blinking (which I would say you are a very lazy mage for not having this but regardless) can now target you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-24 20:33:19  
using <stpt> is good and all, I use it for pianissimo-ballad on brd. But even using that you have to be able to target the person anyway, atleast I do. Once I have target them its all good, but still doesnt help when you are trying to target the in order to use your <stpt> to begin with
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-02-24 20:33:41  
Anye, have you considered the neck piece dropped off Tethra? Easy NM with the right set up and typically is up very often.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-24 20:36:45  
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Anye, have you considered the neck piece dropped off Tethra? Easy NM with the right set up and typically is up very often.
Yep, Tethra is easy NM. +60 HP is a nice boost, and if you were to macro is with Morgana's Choker for the -40 that's a 100HP cure from 1 swap. Repop is ever 4 hours in The Eldieme Necropolis (S)
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Tethra
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Bloodbead_Gorget
However, the drop rate isn't the most wonderful.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-02-24 20:36:47  
Just because this doesn't seem to be read (or repeated?) enough;

<stpt> and <stal> are not Windower things. They are INGAME and they will prevent you losing target when they blink.

If you're healers don't use <stpt> and <stal> in their cure macros, they're doing it wrong.

Also, Lol at the guy that's suggesting Enimity and HP are the 2 most important tanking stats.
Haste is #1 anything else is a distant second.
If it's something you can melee, ACC (and enough STR/ATK to not hit for 0) are higher then HP IMO.
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-24 20:39:59  
Odin.Equivocator said:
Also, Lol at the guy that's suggesting Enimity and HP are the 2 most important tanking stats.
lol glad someone else noticed that too.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-24 20:40:04  
Odin.Equivocator said:

<stpt> and <stal> are not Windower things. They are INGAME and they will prevent you losing target when they blink.

If you're healers don't use <stpt> and <stal> in their cure macros, they're doing it wrong.

If it's something you can melee, ACC (and enough STR/ATK to not hit for 0) are higher then HP IMO.

lets all type with bold letters. you still have to be able to target the person to begin with for <stpt> to work to begin with

hehe that was fun, think im gonna make all my posts bold from now on
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-24 20:42:03  
Of course they have to be in targetable range. Hell, you can target someone well outside of casting range, so it would be more accurate to say that it won't work if they're outside of spell/JA range. All my spells that don't target myself or an enemy are <stpt>, never had a problem with targeting anyone unless they were too far away.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-24 20:44:07  
Siren.Talonn said:
Topic is 'Cure Sets' which is why i explained my set. A cheat is different....

Cure Set: Max HP/cure
Cure cheat: Max enmity/cure

if you read the op, it's fairly obvious anye is talking about cure cheats

i think she's just not very familiar with game terminology
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-02-24 20:45:19  
As long as they are in range the standard F1~6 will target them. The ST arrow goes on the Party list, not above the players head. Weather they're blinked or not at the time you hit the F-Key doesn't matter.

Hopefully the Bold will make it be noticed, because obviously people that even know about it dont know how to use it.
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-24 20:45:49  
Leave this poor horse alone people

everyone and their *** grandma knows about macros and you guys whining to eachother about healers u knew back in 'nam who didnt use them is so awesome
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-24 20:46:12  
at one point or another, you'd have to select who to <stpt>. if they blink when you do that selection it still gonna get screwed up, however once you're done targeting you wont lose target no matter how much they blink.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-24 20:47:18  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
at one point or another, you'd have to select who to <stpt>. if they blink when you do that selection it still gonna get screwed up, however once you're done targeting you wont lose target no matter how much they blink.
No, it doesn't. The selection is done from the party listing at the bottom-right side of the screen, which is not affected by blinking.
 Siren.Talonn
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-24 20:47:49  
This topic was for ayne to get advice on Cure kits
Not WHM macros and how they should play :\
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-02-24 20:48:23  
Yes. That is what the F-Keys are for.
If they Blink when you hit F2, IT DOESN'T MATTER
There, bold and capatalised. Maybe you'll notice it this time.

Unless you are using [Tab] or Numpad #0 to cycle through people on screen... which would fall under 'doing it wrong.'
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-24 20:50:18  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
using <stpt> is good and all, I use it for pianissimo-ballad on brd. But even using that you have to be able to target the person anyway, atleast I do. Once I have target them its all good, but still doesnt help when you are trying to target the in order to use your <stpt> to begin with

If it makes it hover above someones head, you are using <stpc>, <stpt> <stal> use the menu.
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-02-24 20:50:26  
Odin.Equivocator said:

so now i need 3 cure macros for all my spells? 1 to get in party, 1 for in alliance, and 1 for anyone NOT in party or alliance? so a healer has to swap macro pages constantly depending on who needs a cure?

I use <stpc> on my macros which allows me to use just 1 set for cure spells, which means you have to be there or i can't cure you. No i'm not going to force myself to use 3 macro sets and if you die from blinking i'm sure as hell not going to feel guilty about it.

<stpt> i only use for spells that are restricted to party members (regen, waltz etc.) yes i could use it for everything but any dyna-whm will probably have a <stpc> macro.

<stal> is just a hastle, playing with Xbox controller on PC i can use Dpad to move through list once i'm targeting anything, you have to be there for it to scroll to you, and if not running blinkmenot, then blinking will screw up the targeting again on ANYONE who blinks in the process of moving over to who took damage.

Blinking screws up targeting. I don't care who does it. If you blink and you die, its your fault. If i blink and i die, its my fault. easy as that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-24 20:51:36  
While we're making arbitrary assignments of blame, can I blame any future deaths I have on you?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 20:52:46  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I use <stpt> all the time and have never had blinking cause the issue that you are describing.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-24 20:53:38  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
No, it doesn't. The selection is done from the party listing at the bottom-right side of the screen, which is not affected by blinking.

Then it really must be something wrong with my game, seriously. Because if someone blinks when i use <stpt> F1-F6 it does interrupt me.

This is how it works for me.

if I just do <stpt> it goes on me at all time unless I have someone else targeted while doing <stpt>, and I'm unable to change target with my F1-F6 buttons after that point. I have to have the person I intend to <stpt> as my target while pressing my macro for it to be locked on that target. Once locked I cant change target in any other way than using ESC and redo the whole process.

It would make sense to be able to change target after <stpt> but it simply wont do it for me, I just logged on my mule on second account to double check :(
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 20:55:51  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Then it really must be something wrong with my game, seriously. Because if someone blinks when i use <stpt> F1-F6 it does interrupt me.

if I just do <stpt> it goes on me at all time unless I have someone else targeted while doing <stpt>, and I'm unable to change target with my F1-F6 buttons after that point. I have to have the person I intend to <stpt> as my target while pressing my macro for it to be locked on that target. Once locked I cant change target in any other way than using ESC and redo the whole process.

It would make sense to be able to change target after <stpt> but it simply wont do it for me, I just logged on my mule on second account to double check :(
Maybe the problem is f1-6 isn't <stpt>?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-24 21:07:48  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Maybe the problem is f1-6 isn't <stpt>?

huh? As far as I understand <stpt> works like this for everyone.

/ma Cure <stpt>
(use f1-f6 to chose target from the party list, no not hovering over ppls heads)
press enter to activate casting cure.

that doesnt work for me however, and now im pretty curious for why it doesnt work.

As I said before, if I use /ma Cure <stpt> it will lock on to whichever person I have targeted in the party while pressin my macro and I'm not able to switch targets with the F-buttons. If I have no target at all while doing <stpt> it will lock on me.