Cure Kits!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Cure Kits!
Cure Kits!
 Midgardsormr.Kireime
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Kireina
By Midgardsormr.Kireime 2010-02-24 21:08:23  
One thing I've noticed a lot of Plds don't take into account, is mp lost while switching to cure cheat. Being Elvaan, I idle(meleeing) in 404mp. If I were to use the full koenig kit Talin suggested, I'd lose 120mp(another entire cure4+cure3 almost) before even casting the spell. Pretty easy to tell that's pretty stupid. Ideally, you could use 2 cure kits: @max mp, @below wasted MP threshold; Spellcast could automate that for you too. I just settle for sacrificing a few points of enmity to keep an even MP amount during the cure. (I personally don't like spellcast for pld. There's too many situations pld can be put in that spellcast can't be relied on to swap gear accordinly.)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-24 21:11:47  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
huh? As far as I understand <stpt> works like this for everyone.

/ma Cure <stpt>
(use f1-f6 to chose target from the party list, no not hovering over ppls heads)
press enter to activate casting cure.

that doesnt work for me however, and now im pretty curious for why it doesnt work.

As I said before, if I use /ma Cure <stpt> it will lock on to whichever person I have targeted in the party while pressin my macro and I'm not able to switch targets with the F-buttons. If I have no target at all while doing <stpt> it will lock on me.
Use your arrow keys/joystick/whatever to select, not F1-6.

Max MP point is a valid one, but you won't be at max MP often so you could wait until you've expended that MP if necessary.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-24 21:13:01  
Midgardsormr.Kireime said:
One thing I've noticed a lot of Plds don't take into account, is mp lost while switching to cure cheat. Being Elvaan, I idle(meleeing) in 404mp. If I were to use the full koenig kit Talin suggested, I'd lose 120mp(another entire cure4 cure3 almost) before even casting the spell. Pretty easy to tell that's pretty stupid. Ideally, you could use 2 cure kits: @max mp, @below wasted MP threshold; Spellcast could automate that for you too. I just settle for sacrificing a few points of enmity to keep an even MP amount during the cure. (I personally don't like spellcast for pld. There's too many situations pld can be put in that spellcast can't be relied on to swap gear accordinly.)
Spellcast is only as precise as you want to make it.

If you wanted to, you could make it account for every single conceivable condition in the game, i.e. <if HP=500>, do whatever, <elseif HP=501>, do something else.
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-24 21:13:43  
Well, That is a good point.... BUT in most cases I have a RDM and BRD in my PT.

So:
Refresh
Ballad
Gorget
will help me recover lost MP

Personally I don't lose as much as you so I guess its not that big of a deal for me. I certainly see where you are coming from though.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-02-24 21:31:14  
Pandemonium.Areis said:
so now i need 3 cure macros for all my spells? 1 to get in party, 1 for in alliance, and 1 for anyone NOT in party or alliance? so a healer has to swap macro pages constantly depending on who needs a cure?

How often, in an event when you're part of the Main tank party/main healer, do you cure people outside your alliance?
Dynamis main party, keep your Tank/party alive, leave the other alliances to the other alliances.
If <stal> is a 'hassle' then you need to learn how to play better or use a better control structure (Like a Keyboard.) It's not a blinkers fault just because you cant use a controller properly.

You have lots of macro books now anyway. Use them.

You're doing it wrong.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-24 21:38:05  
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Leave this poor horse alone people

everyone and their *** grandma knows about macros and you guys whining to eachother about healers u knew back in 'nam who didnt use them is so awesome

you say it's a dead horse, but then you get posts from actual Vietnam-era relics like the poster below who still play like they're curing at the Tet Offensive.

Sadly, the issue isn't nearly as dead as we would like it to be

Pandemonium.Areis said:
I use <stpc> on my macros which allows me to use just 1 set for cure spells, which means you have to be there or i can't cure you. No i'm not going to force myself to use 3 macro sets and if you die from blinking i'm sure as hell not going to feel guilty about it.

<stpt> i only use for spells that are restricted to party members (regen, waltz etc.) yes i could use it for everything but any dyna-whm will probably have a <stpc> macro.

<stal> is just a hastle, playing with Xbox controller on PC i can use Dpad to move through list once i'm targeting anything, you have to be there for it to scroll to you, and if not running blinkmenot, then blinking will screw up the targeting again on ANYONE who blinks in the process of moving over to who took damage.

Blinking screws up targeting. I don't care who does it. If you blink and you die, its your fault. If i blink and i die, its my fault. easy as that.

Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 21:51:59  
If you can't keep your tank alive because they are blinking:

Simple as that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 22:00:57  
Really most mages I know are so used to switching between targets and hitting fkeys again that doing anything else is just too slow even if your target is blinking alot.

Seriously unless you grew up as a healer healing only 1 person... you should be able to switch and hit heal maccro really fast. So switching back to a target is nothing
By Audra 2010-02-24 22:13:18  
Dasva raises a good point... I've never once used <stpt> or <stal> in my macros and I've never ran into problems healing people. I simply use F1-F6 for targeting, then a macro that quite plainly states /ma "Cure IV" <t>. I've played and healed as RDM and WHM both for a very long time, and I can't think of one incident where I let someone die because of a 'blink.'

And, to target alliance members i use the *GASP* Mouse! It's not hard for me to keep an eye on who is getting hit, after all, theres a very obvious effect animated on screen when they get smacked, with a lovely little number that pops up above their heads so I know which tier of spell to cast. All i gotta do is click and push two buttons at once, and voila...

Any healers that blame deaths on blinks suck. If they have to use things like blinkmenot or <stpt> just to do their job... then they suck. Blinking or not, I've never had any problems doing my job as a healer.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 22:22:07  
Windower lets you use alt/ctrl and f1-6 for other pts in the allaince too
[+]
 Garuda.Naokoyume
サーバ: Garuda
user: Naokoyume
By Garuda.Naokoyume 2010-02-24 22:30:10  
As has been said, you can't use the F1-6 buttons after using a <stpt>/<stal> macro, and thus have to scroll up and down with your keys. It's slower. Unless SE fixes that and allows us to use the F buttons, I see no reason to use the slower <stpt> macros. I've tried them, I can't understand how anyone would want to use them. They're just aggravating.

I eventually got blinkmenot for the purpose of endgame/merit mainhealing, although I hate using it. (I'm not a fan of using unnecessary windower plugins like blinkmenot, but if it helps me be a more efficient healer... Meh.) <stpc> just has more utility, and is faster and simpler to use. Scrolling up and down a list compared to hitting a single button on my keyboard? Hah, the tank might be dead before he has the chance to blink. And if you're selecting it with F buttons before hitting the macro, then what's the point? You're still going to get screwed by blinking.

Yet, I can't blame anyone for blinking. If you want to play optimally, you're going to end up blinking. But if you have 200 hp left, I expect you to be blinking once into your PDT gearset, not twenty more times.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-24 22:40:35  
O_O kso

You guys said a lot in the period between my writing this and checking it again. SO MANY QUESTIONS O_O

Uhh, sorry if this makes things a little more crazy by 1) asking so many questions in one post, and 2) adding to the current debate/discussion going on!

1. Siren.Enternius said:
    <set name = "min HP">
    <neck>Morgana's Choker</neck>
    <lear>remove</lear>
    <rear>remove</rear>
    <body>Vermillion Cloak</body>
    <hands>remove</hands>
    <lring>Astral Ring</lring>
    <rring>Ether Ring</rring>
    <back>Lamia Mantle</back>
    <waist>Astral Rope</waist>
    <legs>Fourth Schoss</legs>
    <feet>remove</feet>
    </set>
    Bahamut.Raenryong said:
    I'm a little confused on the Vermillion Cloak and, in Ent's set, the Lamia Mantle. Ent's looks like it doubles as an MP boost? But Raen's is somewhat... mixed? :o

2. Pandemonium.Areis said:
    As a WHM if your Pld is blinking like crazy it can be a pain to keep them alive. Not impossible but defiantly not pleasant.
    That's why windower came up with blinkmenot.
    No you shouldn't expect everyone to have windower and run it, yes its your fault if you die because you blinked. No that doesn't mean you shouldn't blink, just that there are times when it's unacceptable to be untargetable for even a short duration of time.
    I'm kind of sad that Areis was rated down so much--I opted for a non-blinking AND a blinking cure kit in order to be flexible, in the case where my own WHM may have the same feelings about blinking. I assume there's nothing wrong with that? Obviously it requires that I restrict my options to 7 (possibly 8, counting ammo) slots, but I'd rather have the option than not.

3. Siren.Talonn said:
    Curing for maximum numbers should be number 1 priority in your cure macros. Dropping and raising HP should come second.
    Siren.Enternius said:
    Need a total of 212 VIT+MND to hit 411 cure cap with only the +5% Potency earring. Good luck.
    Hookay, this is getting a little more involved into the Cure potency business. XD Like Raen, I haven't really looked into this until recently (thanks, Rumaha), but I'm going to work on the math after--uh, well--after moar math. (Damn general physics exam.)

Generally speaking though, without (myself) going into the math too much, I understand that, in terms of cure potency, the ranking goes as follows: Cure Potency % > MND > errrr... VIT > Healing Magic. (Not sure about that VIT > healing magic, but I'm assuming it's that way, and I could definitely be assuming incorrectly....)

4. Ramuh.Dasva said:
    Well if you don't mind camping Bloodbead Gorget is another 60, as is koenig.
    AGH. omg. HP+60?? O_O *adds to dream list*

Ramuh.Dasva said:
    Oh yeah are you spell casting? If so you can do mostly -hp and keep more emnity on for endcast safely.
    'Kay, uh, don't get mad, but... I have Windower, and use it mostly for the screenshots (and whatever other little plugins that are included in the windower package, as well as EXPwatch and Recast and Clock), buuuuuuuut I've never used Windower macros or Spellcast >_> Mostly because I'm a massive hypocrite and "feel like it's cheating." :x I still do the little 5-lines-of-equip-commands-plus-/macro set # dealio.

IKNOWIKNOWIKNOWIKNOWIKNOWIKNOW, shutup. D;< I'M REFORMING MY WAYS.

Aaaaanyways, although I'm "softening" a bit to windower macros as now I'm reaching a total of pressing alt-# three times (SHUTUP), I'm opting for Windower macros, and not Spellcast. SHUTUP, I KNOW.

*Rampart for flames, clicks MDT macro... twice.* <_<;;;;

5. Siren.Talonn said:
    Topic is 'Cure Sets' which is why i explained my set. A cheat is different....
    Cure Set: Max HP/cure
    Cure cheat: Max enmity/cure
    Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
    if you read the op, it's fairly obvious anye is talking about cure cheats
    i think she's just not very familiar with game terminology
    Ahaa... Sev, it's creepy that that's the second time you've assumed correctly regarding my true intentions. :O Hmmmm, I know from previous threads regarding this subject that I've got to add in Enmity somewhere--just didn't realize that was a whoooole 'nother concept, and assumed both were the same. So now I'm officially asking about cure cheats. But it's not all too difficult, is it? Just add in the Enmity+ gear before cures? And which do I prioritize? Enmity > HP, or HP > Enmity?

6. Odin.Equivocator said:
    Also, Lol at the guy that's suggesting Enimity and HP are the 2 most important tanking stats.
    -_- Yeaaahh, I know--Haste priority.... Atm, however, the only current Haste gear I have access to are Walahra Turban and Swift Belt; I'm saving up for (among maaaaaaany other things) Dusk Gloves and Ledelsens, as my current schedule makes it difficult to join a set for Nyzul for Askar, or--well, I don't even have Sea, so no Homam, either. :x

But, if you want to contribute some replacements with regards to adding Haste (Like, I looooooove that Walahra has HP+30 AND Haste+5%), feel free!

7. Siren.Talonn said:
    This topic was for ayne to get advice on Cure kits
    Not WHM macros and how they should play :\
    YA GUYS D: STFU OR ILL TOPICBAN U

jk, seriously, it's okay ^^;; Thanks for the concern though, Talonn, /salute. But this is by no means a thread set apart from all the others, and I've seen countless threads get derailed into some other irrelevant debate; at least this one is relevant. :o

ANYWAYS, I think that covers it. Thanks to all who have answered, even if they were just repeats of previously mentioned ideas/gear. ^^

/salute~

P.S.: I DARE you to quote me ;D </walloftext>

-edit-grammur
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-24 22:53:02  
Aaand wtf on broken quote thing; every time I quote someone with more than one paragraph, it separates it into individual quotes.

BLIND, DO NOT MAKE A "QUOTE FUNCTION BORKED THREAD." This is your first warning. D:
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-24 22:53:44  
Honestly in the time it takes you to tab through or attempt to manually click on an alliance member I can type [/ma "Cure iv" name] nearly five times and spam it as many times as I want with the up button on my keyboard. Just sayin >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 22:59:27  
Yeah I used to use windower for just... well windowed mode. Hence why I still use 3.24 alot. Then I started using newer ones for draw distance... then well my blu/dnc in campaign really needs to switch alot of gear from blood tanking to full dmg and mixed pdt and haste set etc. Not to mention full gear swaps for things like Magic hammer or mp drain kiss.

So yeah spellcast was nice. Though looks like I might end up using windower maccros anyways for thf for the things it can't check for. Anyways for pld and especially cheat curing I'd recommend it. So easy for a normal maccro even windower to lag and mess up the wait time and ***so that you either don't properly cheat or have too much time waiting
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 23:01:27  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Aaand wtf on broken quote thing; every time I quote someone with more than one paragraph, it separates it into individual quotes.

BLIND, DO NOT MAKE A "QUOTE FUNCTION BORKED THREAD." This is your first warning. D:

[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-24 23:02:55  
Lol XD <3
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 23:04:28  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Can I?
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 23:07:01  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Can I?
pssshh Dasva you don't ask, you just doooo. If you don't want what the answer "no" has to offer, don't give them the chance to say it :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-24 23:08:35  
Ragnarok.Anye said:

Can I do it instead? Because it's gone unfixed for way too long without any explanation why. At least, not that I've seen... and I double-checked the Bugs section before posting this.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 23:08:52  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Can I?
pssshh Dasva you don't ask, you just doooo. If you don't want what the answer "no" has to offer, don't give them the chance to say it :D
Easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission? Though really I will just assume like most girls when she says no she means yes...
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-24 23:15:51  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
looooong list 'o questions

1. I don't really know for sure, i don't think they are vital, as long as it's a hp drop set only, though vermy is VERY nice for idle set. I'm probably wrong and would rather let rean or eternius answer. if i had to guess, equipping the vermy is a quick way to strip off wally turban, thereby dropping 30hp? it may also be to preserve mp and keep from losing mp with the cheat.

2. i don't know why there would still be mages around you that can't handle blinking. if there are, i guess you gotta do what you gotta do, but personally i'd tell 'em to get blinkmenot/better macroes

3. First set, drop your hp. Enmity is not a concern here. For your cure/hp up set, 1st priority is to get at least 390ish hp, preferably 400+. Once you've got that covered, fill remaining slots with enmity, and last of all vit for cure potency. really you could probably argue to switch vit and enmity priority. I'm not an expert, and if someone like raen/veggetto said otherwise, i'd go with what they said. your cure/hp up set should always include hospitaler earring.

4. PM me if you need help with windower/spellcast. Again, i'm no expert, i mostly copypaste my gear into other people's spellcast, but i know some, though there are people like ninian out there who know a lot more about it than me.

Here's how i think of windower/spellcast macroes. I owe it to my LS/friends to be the best pld/war/brd i can be. If my refusal to use 3rd party tools causes loss of time/pops for my ls or friends because i sucked and wiped us, i failed them. loyalty to friends/ls > loyalty to SE. They've helped me a lot, and i feel like i owe it to them

5. i lurk a lot and i think i have a pretty good idea of what type of player you are :p

um, as for priority, i think i covered that in question three, but again, i'm not eniterly sure about the priority tbh. i put enmity>vit, but if raen says differently go with what he says, lol

6. haste AND acc. hauby, acc rings acc neck are pretty important for tp. Even Wahlara, dusk hands/feet and headlong belt make a big difference in flash/shadow recast. headlong is cheap/free if you camp it.

Askar is sort of nice, but not really a big deal. IR is generally better for enmity, dusk is better for haste. Legs would be nice for acc pre-homam, though. If you REALLY wanted askar, you could answer shouts, if only to get a brave blade. You won't believe me, but i got atonement while i was on floor 25, lol. I'm still only on floor 40. I REALLY wanted it.

Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-24 23:24:14  
You all (all being Blind and Dasva, and anyone who is merely thinking about creating a troll thread regarding the subject of broken quote functions) are this close to being "mod-trolled." D;<

-edited- :o
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-24 23:27:23  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Can I do it instead? Because it's gone unfixed for way too long without any explanation why. At least, not that I've seen... and I double-checked the Bugs section before posting this.
Tbh, I'm pretty sure it's because Scragg has been messing around with the forums. XD I'll definitely let him know--so don't create a thread, seriously. :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 23:27:41  
What is this "mod-trolled" you speak of? Sounds like fun
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-24 23:29:52  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sure is!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-24 23:30:18  
one note on blinking. the only reason you have to fire off a cure cheat set is because you want to cure for hate but ALREADY have full hp. you only fire off a cheat set when you are in no danger at all.

if you have full hp, you're usually not(there are exceptions) in danger of dying within the next 2 seconds because someone can't target you. Therefore, blinking on a cheat set is probably not a big deal.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 23:36:09  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sure is!
I don't get it... Blind he loves ***. I mean it's not such a big deal that he is admitting it now.

Also glad to know at least someone isn't too chicken to do something like that.

Related: If as far as the vit vs emnity goes I'd go with emnity most the time. Vit does very little for cures... that being said if sentinel is up sure go for vit if you feel like making a seperate maccro or a spot in spellcast for sent being up. I'd put mnd in before vit though really since it affects cures more. Like 3mnd~1vit I beleive
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-24 23:36:47  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
one note on blinking. the only reason you have to fire off a cure cheat set is because you want to cure for hate but ALREADY have full hp. you only fire off a cheat set when you are in no danger at all.

if you have full hp, you're usually not(there are exceptions) in danger of dying within the next 2 seconds because someone can't target you. Therefore, blinking on a cheat set is probably not a big deal.
AH--true. Why didn't I think of that.... D'oh. >_<
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-24 23:39:10  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sure is!
I don't get it... Blind he loves ***. I mean it's not such a big deal that he is admitting it now.

Also glad to know at least someone isn't too chicken to do something like that.

Related: If as far as the vit vs emnity goes I'd go with emnity most the time. Vit does very little for cures... that being said if sentinel is up sure go for vit if you feel like making a seperate maccro or a spot in spellcast for sent being up. I'd put mnd in before vit though really since it affects cures more
Lol, well it kind kills the fun if I explain it.... Just look at Blind's comic and it pretty much explains it. :o