Cure Kits!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Cure Kits!
Cure Kits!
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-24 23:43:00  
cure kits!
 Fairy.Annex
サーバ: Fairy
user: Annex
By Fairy.Annex 2010-02-24 23:48:25  
Odin.Equivocator said:
Just because this doesn't seem to be read (or repeated?) enough;

<stpt> and <stal> are not Windower things. They are INGAME and they will prevent you losing target when they blink.

If you're healers don't use <stpt> and <stal> in their cure macros, they're doing it wrong.

Also, Lol at the guy that's suggesting Enimity and HP are the 2 most important tanking stats.
Haste is #1 anything else is a distant second.
If it's something you can melee, ACC (and enough STR/ATK to not hit for 0) are higher then HP IMO.

No!!! not wrong!!

Just not YOUR way. ;p
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 23:58:47  
I know I was being sarcastic.

Side note: 3Vit = 1mnd on curings.

Doing some math with cures:

If your base cure IV before potency is 330 then +3vit = +1hp cured.

If it's 330-390 cure IV +4Vit= +1hp cured.

If it's >390 then +13 vit = +1hp cured.

Pld has 225 native skill I beleive so assuming no skill gear, you can hit 330 with like 22mnd/vit total Ie you should always have more than that.

Assuming you only load up on mnd and keep your vit at say 75 which I figure is about your base + your shield you'd only need to go up to 85 mnd to reach 390.

So As you can see chances are +vit is gunna do very little. Like +.019% cured per vit and by that measure the same amount of emnity. Well when it doesn't round down since the cures will round down each step.

While as long as you are below the +100 emnity cap you are adding anywhere from .5025 - 1% emnity per emnity you add. Rounding wont hurt this as much as 1% of whatever the base emnity for 400 hp cured is still a decent sized number
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-25 00:23:14  
Fairy.Annex said:
Odin.Equivocator said:

<stpt> and <stal> are not Windower things. They are INGAME and they will prevent you losing target when they blink.

If you're healers don't use <stpt> and <stal> in their cure macros, they're doing it wrong.

Also, Lol at the guy that's suggesting Enimity and HP are the 2 most important tanking stats.
If it's something you can melee, ACC (and enough STR/ATK to not hit for 0) are higher then HP IMO.

No!!! not wrong!!

Just not YOUR way. ;p

you're right ima tp with warp cudgel on pld from now on cause it's MY way

it's not wrong, it's just my playstyle

sucking isn't a style

it's just sucking

try not to glorify it by giving it another name
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-25 16:09:52  
Bump~
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-25 16:57:28  
Try to use items that have BOTH enmity and HP on cure kits... for example, my cure kit has the following adjustments:

(Please note the "idle" gear isn't the same for all situations, I have 6 different curekits depending on my subjob and tanking style for that fight. I don't use spellcast, I find making .txt macros in windower is just as efficient, and more reliable)

One Ring swaps to Serket Ring then

wait 1

Parade Gorget >> Ritter Gorget
Non-Ethereal Earring >> Hospitalizer (sp?) ring
Accuracy Rings >> Bomb Queen Ring & Bloodbead Ring
Shadow Mantle >> Valor Cape
Swift Belt >> Trance Belt

a 205-210HP Cure III.

The beauty in an efficient cure III cure kit is you can spam it twice to maintain the same level of hate as a Cure IV kit without sacrificing as much MP shooting for a max +HP build. Plus it's more efficient because you're going with a combination of Enmity and HP.

----

Re: LOL WHMs

Use <stal> for god's sake. I have out-healed people on my Brd/Whm with a basic /ma "Cure III" <stal> macro..

When I dualbox Einherjar as a WHM as our feather mule, I've been able to top off the entire 2nd alliance within 15 seconds and not worry about blinking thanks to <stal>.

I wouldn't even bother with <st-anything else> tbh because <stal> will always default your cursor over your name anyway, so just press UP or DOWN on your controller/keyboard to find the name of the party member you wish to target w/o worries of losing target due to blinking. I've never had to use F-keys and believe me... several WHMs have thanked me for introducing them to the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Try <stal> before you resist, bash it, and *** about anyone who blinks.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-25 17:08:21  
@Anye: That Vermy is just there to sometimes get me a tick of Refresh while my gear is swapping out. I don't need either body or head to lower my HP so why not~ very minor but I thought I would throw it in anyway (same reason I stick a Parade Gorget on).
[+]
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-25 17:12:09  
Fairy.Maimed said:
Try to use items that have BOTH enmity and HP on cure kits... for example, my cure kit has the following adjustments: (Please note the "idle" gear isn't the same for all situations, I have 6 different curekits depending on my subjob and tanking style for that fight. I don't use spellcast, I find making .txt macros in windower is just as efficient, and more reliable) One Ring swaps to Serket Ring then wait 1 Parade Gorget >> Ritter Gorget Non-Ethereal Earring >> Hospitalizer (sp?) ring Accuracy Rings >> Bomb Queen Ring & Bloodbead Ring Shadow Mantle >> Valor Cape Swift Belt >> Trance Belt a 205-210HP Cure III. The beauty in an efficient cure III cure kit is you can spam it twice to maintain the same level of hate as a Cure IV kit without sacrificing as much MP shooting for a max HP build. Plus it's more efficient because you're going with a combination of Enmity and HP. ---- Re: LOL WHMs Use <stal> for god's sake. I have out-healed people on my Brd/Whm with a basic /ma "Cure III" <stal> macro.. When I dualbox Einherjar as a WHM as our feather mule, I've been able to top off the entire 2nd alliance within 15 seconds and not worry about blinking thanks to <stal>. I wouldn't even bother with <st-anything else> tbh because <stal> will always default your cursor over your name anyway, so just press UP or DOWN on your controller/keyboard to find the name of the party member you wish to target w/o worries of losing target due to blinking. I've never had to use F-keys and believe me... several WHMs have thanked me for introducing them to the greatest thing since sliced bread. Try <stal> before you resist, bash it, and *** about anyone who blinks.

Yeah I just quoted my own post.

I forgot, I swap into things like Bahamut Mask, and other pieces of Enmity gear for the cure. Utilize your bigger pieces of Enmity equipment, don't sacrifice three slots worth of 90 MP for 5 Enmity in exchange... Unless you're a TARU tank and can easily afford the potential loss in MP.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-25 17:36:19  
Fairy.Maimed said:
I wouldn't even bother with <st-anything else> tbh

Agreed on all counts except:

<stpt> for refresh/erase and a few other party-only spells.

But otherwise <stal> is in every single one of my macros (barring self buffs).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 20:49:39  
<t> is in every single one of my maccros with the exception of self only buffs or buffs/cures in my soloing maccro set. So much faster than scrolling with <stal>
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-25 20:50:39  
I do not use macros at all for any mages.

I *** love Spellcast.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 20:56:12  
Well actually that wasn't true. You can't refresh/regen your npc with <t>. Have to use <stnpc> I think.

Also I still use maccros with spellcast since I don't like scrolling and am so used to having stuff 1 click away. Granted they are simple /ma "spell" <t> or me or whatver
 Ifrit.Duanyu
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-02-25 20:57:40  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fairy.Annex said:
Odin.Equivocator said:

No!!! not wrong!!

Just not YOUR way. ;p

you're right ima tp with warp cudgel on pld from now on cause it's MY way

it's not wrong, it's just my playstyle

sucking isn't a style

it's just sucking

try not to glorify it by giving it another name

its a game, have fun. if you dont like how a pld tanks or whm cures dont pt with them or endgame with them. quit bitching
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-02-25 21:08:42  
Or you could try let them know about a better way to do things.
That way people die less and everyone can have more fun.

Also, if you dont like the way people post on a forum, dont post there and quit bitching? I've never quite got that "I'm whinging at you to stop your whinging" argument style.
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-02-25 21:13:57  
and yet you partake in the bitching, but your right about giving pointers. should have put that into my post
[+]
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-02-25 21:26:50  
The only bitching was my sarcastic 'Dont like it stop posting' which was just meant to point out how ironic that statement was.

My other posts have been trying to emphisize the usefulness of <stal> in a situation where some everyone blinks.
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-02-25 21:29:54  
no offense but its still bitching, but id rather not get into trivial arguments on the internet lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-25 22:28:03  
Can we move on? I'm starting to think the recommendation of <stal> has been repeated to the point of redundancy, now. :/ If people don't agree, posting more isn't going to help....
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-02-25 23:21:50  
Ifrit.Duanyu said:
no offense but its still bitching, but id rather not get into trivial arguments on the internet lol

Kinda too late.

Ayne: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=7949&page=3#417288 answered (mostly) all of your questions. Was there anything more specific you wanted to know?
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-25 23:45:13  
Yeah, the questions I asked in this other post.
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-02-26 00:31:12  
Hmm I borked the link, Sevourn answered your questions.

By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-24 23:15:51
 Fairy.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-02-26 01:04:38  
No idea why they have a Vermillion Cloak in there, honestly. The Lamia Mantle I guess is to help minimize MP loss from other changes, but you could just as easily get more HP out of your back piece via Gigant Mantle or Valor Cape and not have to give up earrings/rings/whatever.

As far as blinking vs not blinking, I think that for a cure cheat, the question is redundant. You're curing yourself, the WHM doesn't need to target you. It's nigh impossible to write a cure IV cheat without changing visible pieces anyway, and the whole point is to get hate, which means putting enmity in places you can't get HP, which 95% of the time means you'll blink. For a self targeted cure (AKA cure cheat) trying not to blink seems pointless. In most circumstances where you aren't curing yourself you're probably full and aren't the WHM's focus anyway, so blinking doesn't matter one way or the other.

Blinking for JAs/Utsusemi/misc. is for a different topic.
 Carbuncle.Tyrial
user: Zanir
By Carbuncle.Tyrial 2010-03-10 12:28:50  
Siren.Talonn said:
Topic is 'Cure Sets' which is why i explained my set. A cheat is different.... Cure Set: Max HP/cure Cure cheat: Max enmity/cure

Fairly certain that regardless of who you're curing on PLD in a tanking situation you're going to be aiming for a mix of max enmity/cure potency to generate the most hate possible (why waste the MP curing somebody to have "minimal" returns). Also as Raenryong said, why lose all that enmity for a gain of 18hp? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

My "cure set" does Cure4 for 394hp with +30 enmity, once my Hydra set is finished I'll be able to drop some HP+ gear from the actual cure kit for added enmity.

I'd also suggest learning how to properly gear your PLD before you go giving others advice...but that's just me.
 Ifrit.Phlow
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-03-17 11:30:19  
1) You'd have to ask the user. I think he stated that he does it for a tick of refresh.

2) Nothing wrong with blinking or being flexible. Moot point is moot. My cure cheats and pld are so out of date, it isn't even useful to post what I use. I only use PLD to solo now anyway.

3) You got the useful stats for cure potency in line there, but MND, VIT, and Healing Magic are all secondary to Cure Potency and Enmity. Raeyrong covered it in math craft earlier, basically you'd need a sizable amount of MND and VIT in order to replace an enmity piece. Even then, the cure potency must exceed the amount of hate received by comparable enmity in that slot. You'd need more maths to prove this, and I think Hospitlar Earring is really the only thing worth looking at for PLD.

4) I don't think anyone is mad when you say you don't use windower or windower macros. I think people get sensitive when a windower-user (or even someone who utilizes stal) is told that they are causing their WHMs headaches and the tanks will end up dead. I myself use a PDT down macro for my SAM to tank because I always think of my healers - It saves somewhere around 200hp out of my 1200hp base. So I'm anything but inconsiderate.

5) When the HP's are cured, that is when enmity is tallied up. So you're going to have 2 - 3 set changes, depending on how much hp you need to cure. If you want to add in a "fast cast" set, you would need to do that when the spell is being cast, and then switch out to MaxHp/Enmity+ set. But cure's are already like 2.5s with a low recast, so you don't really need fast cast at all. So it will look like this:

MinHpSet > (Optional: Fast Cast) > Cast Cure III/IV > MaxHp/Enmity+Set > (Wait for Cure III/IV to land) > IdleSet

For your MaxHp/Enmity+ set, basically this will depend on your setup and what you have available to you. Obviously you want enough "hp room" for your cure. After that, go willy nilly on the enmity.

As a pointer, I never Cure IV unless I have sentinel up. Blocking out that many slots for HP+ and removing enmity just doesn't make sense to me. Sentinel auto-caps enmity at +100, so no need to even wear enmity gear on that.

6) Only real thing I can suggest (that is often overlooked) is ACP Body w/ Fast Cast and Enmity. This doubles as a flash and shadows piece.

Uhh... Yeah, that's all the input I could really give. Been so long since I've effectively used PLD though.
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-03-17 12:19:08  
ok... i am not a pld but just curious... what is a Cure Kit lol. I see alot of MP convert and HP convert stuff but what does it actually do? Yes, I am nosy :)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-17 12:22:48  
Fairy.Akiba said:
ok... i am not a pld but just curious... what is a Cure Kit lol. I see alot of MP convert and HP convert stuff but what does it actually do? Yes, I am nosy :)
It's a set of swaps that allow you to cure for hate even if you haven't lost HP. There's a couple of ways to go about it: unequip all your HP+ gear and then cure in a maximum HP setup + enmity where you can fit it in, or start with an HP down set then cure in full enmity gear. The latter setup is the most effective option since you're generating more hate that way.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-17 12:23:26  
they are generally known as cure cheat sets

step 1. forces low hp

step 2. switches to max-hp/enmity

step 3. cure

step 4. back to tp/engaged(or kite, as the case may be) set

essentially it allows you to cure for enmity even though your hp is full
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-03-17 12:27:37  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Why do people tell you to check if you have room? lol

You can't lot if you don't >.>

cus if u have only one or 2 invo slots and more then one thing drosp to your invo ull of loted but the thing u want hits the floor , had that hapen to someone with the drg earing from znm. The trophy fell to there invo and earign hit the ground. Think can even happen before auto sort has chance to sort things if all fall at same time.