日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » H2H from C to A.... seriously? Oo
H2H from C to A.... seriously? Oo
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 02:41:48  
I don't really care about my monk much anymore, and I never bothered with PUP, but if SE is go all crazy on us, why not give COR A gun skill? :3
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-01 03:00:45  
Sylph.Sindri said:
PUP will not become useful

And i thought we had the year 2010. But i guess ToAU just came out. >.>
 Leviathan.Robban
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Robban
By Leviathan.Robban 2010-03-01 03:01:02  
Quote:
With adjustments to attributes of the Harlequin and Valoredge X-900 frames and the performance of attachments, automatons will be made more durable against incapacitation. In addition, the hand-to-hand combat rating of puppetmasters will be raised from rank C to A, making them formidable combatants in their own right.
I could have cried tears of joy when I read this
 Phoenix.Tealsic
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-03-01 03:02:49  
robban!!!!!!
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-01 03:09:30  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
"PUP will not become useful"

"MNK has DD abilities"
What, focus? W/ pizza, that's not even going to make much of a diff on almost anything.

Focus yes, and most people don't have the inventory space to use Pizza on EVERYTHING.

"MNK has more Attk/Acc/STR gear"
Full usu for both yo, same stats, only exception would be what, cape?

lol@someone thinking Full USU is plausible for the average player. Salvage may not be hard but the body's material cost alone is enough for some people to consider it hard/impossible to get.

"MNK can reach haste cap
PUP cannot"
If you want to be technical, neither job can if you want to exclude /drg, if not excluding /drg, both jobs can.

Eh, 0.6 w.e

You also forgot to mention the automaton, which honestly can do easily do the diff bewteen a few points of haste, martial arts, and a bit of acc/attack.

<.< On Diabolos fights that's a different story... because thats what everyone plays for... isnt it?

Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 03:11:58  
Yea, maybe when pup has C skill the automaton can't make the diff, but when they have A skill, it sure as hell can. It's not a drg's wyvern, it's a great deal stronger than that.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-01 03:19:27  
You make a compelling argument Vegetto. But your forgetting one thing... The awesomness of taru Asuran Fists!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 03:28:00  
Taruasuran is fail. Ninja turtle backflip is the only way to go. Ball up and roll. Taru ***is like a somersault, which fails in comparison.

Taru asuran
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-01 03:29:39  
Drunk beast masters should be able to charm Ninja turtles...
 Lakshmi.Giti
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-03-01 03:40:25  
Dont get me wrong im very happy with going from hand to hand C to A that was long over due but wheres my blm puppet Thunder IV xD SE stop holding my puppet back! and for all u that lol @ pup look like us pups will be lol'n now! Puppetmaster Power!
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-01 03:41:15  
Lakshmi.Giti said:
Dont get me wrong im very happy with going from hand to hand C to A that was long over due but wheres my blm puppet Thunder IV xD SE stop holding my puppet back! and for all u that lol @ pup look like us pups will be lol'n now! Puppetmaster Power!

{No thanks.}
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 03:41:23  
Lakshmi.Giti said:
Should get enough skill naturally by lv'ing up, no?
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-01 03:48:38  
Arguing about what jobs can reach the haste cap or has the best DD gear is valid, but not for much longer.

But as I see it, a top flight MNK and top flight PUP wear virtually the same TP and WS gear.

A top flight MNK and top flight PUP (outside of relic/mythic) wear exactly the same weapons (Shenlong's).

So the difference comes down to, a few JAs vs an automaton... No contest really.

But SE have promised more job changes so that jobs don't lose their niche, so maybe they that will help MNK out.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 03:55:58  
I have both, so makes no diff to me either way it goes. Been losing taste for this game, so honestly, the shake up is welcome and I'm willing to give it a shot.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-03-01 05:25:43  
dont forget automaton gets upgrate as well
 Asura.Kairyu
user: kairyu
By Asura.Kairyu 2010-03-01 06:09:15  
Quote:
Arguing about what jobs can reach the haste cap or has the best DD gear is valid, but not for much longer.

But as I see it, a top flight MNK and top flight PUP wear virtually the same TP and WS gear.
TP gear... maybe, but WS gear is pretty different (Although to be fair, you'd be gearing for the same priorities in terms of stats).
Quote:
A top flight MNK and top flight PUP (outside of relic/mythic) wear exactly the same weapons (Shenlong's).
I've been thinking about this for a while, I would imagine that Oberon's with a decent amount of +DMG, +10 H2H skill and maybe some other DD stat (Acc/atk +4 maybe) would be very close to on par, if not better than shenlongs. Haven't really done any number crunching though.
Quote:
So the difference comes down to, a few JAs vs an automaton... No contest really.

But SE have promised more job changes so that jobs don't lose their niche, so maybe they that will help MNK out
I'd imagine even after this update, MNK would still be the better zerg job. PUP/WAR with SV buffs and overdrive auto w/ 3x wind/thunder for haste/acc+DA or something would still be a good contender, but it would depend on what your fighting pretty much.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 06:12:21  
Not a pair of oberion's on Vana Diel that could match shenlong's. Lucky to get one that can beat Hades Sainti, possible, but lucky to get it. I doubt you could get one that would beat hades+1, yet alone shenlongs.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-01 06:16:57  
I like to think my Oberion's augments are pretty awesome.(I took a screenshot and everything!)
I'm more interested in the changes they're making to the Valoredge frame, it's my favourite! :O

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-01 06:18:39  
Sahagin, when we swap servers, I may finally be able to get that ZNM shell rolling! :D

On topic: leveling PUP, brb
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 06:19:24  
Monk needs something to beef up it's DoT input in the JA department IMO. Focus, Dodge, Counterstance, Mantra, Formless strikes? These are more defensive/contact oriented. I'd love to see something along the lines of hasso but exclusive for Monk.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-01 06:21:51  
Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Sahagin, when we swap servers, I may finally be able to get that ZNM shell rolling! :D

On topic: leveling PUP, brb
I'll hold you to that!
I'm scared to move servers, someone already has my name. ;____;
What's going to happen to poor lil ol' me? *Distress/panic*

But uuh, Yeah, really looking forward to the update, any idea when it is in March?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 06:27:11  
Midgardsormr.Sahagin said:
I like to think my Oberion's augments are pretty awesome.(I took a screenshot and everything!)
I'm more interested in the changes they're making to the Valoredge frame, it's my favourite! :O
Just mathed them out. They're pretty good. Edge out over nq hades, right under waghs but not enough to swap, then you get the pet dmg and stun. Good deal. Too bad no DMG+, would have won by a much larger margin
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-01 06:33:10  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Just mathed them out. They're pretty good. Edge out over nq hades, right under waghs but not enough to swap, then you get the pet dmg and stun. Good deal. Too bad no DMG , would have won by a much larger margin
I know right. D:
Although I like the stun, always seems to activate when it needs too~
Most of the time..
I wonder if SE will allow PUP to use the Knuckles Of Trials along with the A grade H2H(Or Just Knuckles in general), not that there's anything wrong with Stringing Pummel.
.. A pup can dream. :x
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 06:34:24  
Pummel is better, imo. If I had pummel on mnk, I highly doubt asuran would be getting any use out of me.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 06:35:00  
6 hit crit chanced based WS yes plz <3
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-01 06:42:03  
But like I said before, really interested to see what they do with the Automatons, I really like the Harly AI and I use the Valoredge frame pretty much all the time, Hoping they don't break anything.
Kinda hoping they'd fix the priority of -na spells over everything else on the Soulsoother.
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-01 07:37:47  
So wut am I tanking salvage mbs doing most runs as pup now?
 Remora.Zanosuz
サーバ: Remora
user: zanosuz
By Remora.Zanosuz 2010-03-01 07:57:55  
finally they give us an A class h2h. i hope the ws isn't asuran fists, but something new for PUP only. i can already solo most NMs that says takes 2-4 75s to kill and most avatar prime fights.....so having a better h2h class is going to be interesting.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-01 08:07:45  
But like I said before, really interested to see what they do with the Automatons, I really like the Harly AI and I use the Valoredge frame pretty much all the time, Hoping they don't break anything.
Kinda hoping they'd fix the priority of -na spells over everything else on the Soulsoother.

Though my PUP is far from 75 ive never once even activated valoredge lol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-01 08:10:23  
HELL YEAH! BOUT TIME SE GAVE US PUPs H2H A SKILL!!!